Shenmue 3 Opening Scenes

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 Opening Scenes

Postby McNipple » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:43 am

I think a great way to open up shenmue 3 would be to have ryo washing his clothes at shenhuas house. Just washing his jeans, t shirt and leather jacket and then hanging them out to dry by the shenmue tree. Not only would it give relief to the fans concerned with ryos hygiene and add realism, it would also open the game in good humour!

Just imagine the epic shenmue music playing, the sound of water splashing. Camera fades in to see ryo washing his clothes in a wooden bowl in shenhuas modest kitchen, wringing them out and then going outside into the morning sun and hanging them up to dry. The camera pans up towards the sky and an eagle flies overhead. The eagle gives its iconic shenmue "caaaawww caaaaaaawwww". The camera follows the eagle as it flies towards the sun. Camera zooms in on blinding sun and the shenmue 3 title screen fades in as the music reaches a crescendo.
Last edited by McNipple on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McNipple has received a thanks from: fittersau
McNipple
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue 3 opening scenes

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 am

A butt naked Ryo in the intro would certainly allay the media's fears of sexism.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 am

McNipple wrote: I think a great way to open up shenmue 3 would be to have ryo washing his clothes at shenhuas house. Just washing his jeans, t shirt and leather jacket and then hanging them out to dry by the shenmue tree. Not only would it give relief to the fans concerned with ryos hygiene and add realism, it would also open the game in good humour!

Just imagine the epic shenmue music playing, the sound of water splashing. Camera fades in to see ryo washing his clothes in a wooden bowl in shenhuas modest kitchen, wringing them out and then going outside into the morning sun and hanging them up to dry. The camera pans up towards the sky and an eagle flies overhead. The eagle gives its iconic shenmue "caaaawww caaaaaaawwww". The camera follows the eagle as it flies towards the sun. Camera zooms in on blinding sun and the shenmue 3 title screen fades in as the music reaches a crescendo.

The camera zooms in on the blinding sun shining brightly up Ryo's naked ass! The Shenmue 3 logo then appears over Ryo's butt-cheeks.

Then we see a hand slap Ryo's ass and it's Shenhua!

Seriously I see no reason why Ryo wouldn't be butt-naked in the solitude of Shenhua's house while he's washing his clothes.

16 years of living together made them VERY comfortable around each other.

But seriously the game needs to start in the cave... we can't be cheated out of that moment of exiting that cave and investigating the sword/giant mirrors again.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Jibby
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby McNipple » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 am

Yeah fair enough it should start in the cave. But there should at least be some sort of clothes washing scene for gods sake. Playing through 2 again on a dreamcast emulator. What a fantastic game it is. I slept like a baby last night after airing all those books out. Maximum chi! :D
McNipple
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Shenmue 3 Opening Scenes

Postby jackmonte1987 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 pm

The game Fades into a scene of them walking out of the cave and Ryo says "I feel live I've slept for years"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jackmonte1987 has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, sand4fish
jackmonte1987
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: thecurse0101

Postby sand4fish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm

jackmonte1987 wrote: The game Fades into a scene of them walking out of the cave and Ryo says "I feel live I've slept for years"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be an ironic twist the time Ryo and Shenhua came out of the cave, they actually would grow older 17 years (as if that event in the cave trapped them magically all this time)? It would be a token of acknowledgment for all of us who waited for Shenmue 3 without losing hope, and kind personal to relate to as we all grew older in real life (though poor Nozomi).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:32 pm

I wonder whether the cut scenes will fade to black in Shenmue III. Some people don't like this and prefer something like MGS V/Quantum Break style while I think it sucks. Dreamcast could not support this type of cinematic transition so Yu is free to decide this time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I wonder whether the cut scenes will fade to black in Shenmue III. Some people don't like this and prefer something like MGS V/Quantum Break style while I think it sucks. Dreamcast could not support this type of cinematic transition so Yu is free to decide this time.

I hope so, they also better bring back the classical loading screens... but i believe that those kickstarter videos used them so i wouldn't understand if they got rid of them in Shenmue 3. Is like the Resident Evil Door screens, they are iconic.

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Tuet0ne
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby SMDzero » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:42 am

I'm conflicted on load screens.. yes they are classic Shenmue but they are tedious to wait through after a while.

I suppose I would keep the screens but shorten them considerably .
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Tuet0ne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:36 am

I just hope it starts in the cave and hopefully we see Shenhuas Step father!
Tuet0ne
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Tuet0ne
Currently playing: AC Syndicate

Postby Tuet0ne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:37 am

GYO6161 wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: I wonder whether the cut scenes will fade to black in Shenmue III. Some people don't like this and prefer something like MGS V/Quantum Break style while I think it sucks. Dreamcast could not support this type of cinematic transition so Yu is free to decide this time.

I hope so, they also better bring back the classical loading screens... but i believe that those kickstarter videos used them so i wouldn't understand if they got rid of them in Shenmue 3. Is like the Resident Evil Door screens, they are iconic.

Totally agree man we need those loading screens!

Tuet0ne has received a thanks from: GYO6161
Tuet0ne
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Tuet0ne
Currently playing: AC Syndicate

Postby Mr357 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:35 am

An easy compromise on the loading screen would be to give the player a toggle option and allow them to set a custom duration that's not based on actual load times.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III