Cédric Biscay interview by Desert Bus de l'Espoir (15/11/21)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cédric Biscay interview by Desert Bus de l'Espoir (15/11

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 am

Giorgio wrote:
(Shenmue III) will not be Call of Duty but it will be a really good PS4 game with easily the current standing.

? I don't understand what the "with easily the current standing" means.

I've listened to this part of the interview and Cédric basically says that Shenmue III will look like a good PS4 game and easily meet the PS4 standards. "It will not look like a PS2 game."

Yokosuka probably meant to translate his phrase with "will easily meet the current PS4 standards".

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KidMarine » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:40 am

Giorgio wrote: ? I don't understand what the "with easily the current standing" means.

I assume he means it can stand alongside its contemporaries on the PS4.

Giorgio wrote:
«He said to me "Don't talk about it, they will discuss again, etc"». I believe Yu Suzuki meant the courrupted gaming journalists will make a big deal out of a detail, again.

Yeah that was my perception also.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 am

Yeah I'm sorry if my translation is a little rough, I made it pretty quickly.

About the physical version, you can now read the exact transcription. Infact, he never mentioned "in stores" unlike what I wrote, he just confirmed the existence of the physical version, I think on both platforms although it's still not explicit.

Q : Outside the kickstarter, will a physical version be available ?
C : Yes absolutely.
Q : And the game will still release on PS4 and PC
C : Yes exactly
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 am

KidMarine wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
«He said to me "Don't talk about it, they will discuss again, etc"». I believe Yu Suzuki meant the courrupted gaming journalists will make a big deal out of a detail, again.

Yeah that was my perception also.

Me too as they were also talking about the media's negativity in the video.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:20 am

It's a shame Yu feels he has to shut the press out on Shenmue because of how they've spun things so far, but I really can't blame him considering the baffling level of vitriol and total lack of desire to do the proper research before publishing articles that has been rife with press commentary on Shenmue 3.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: fittersau, Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:30 am

Suzuki is very cautious with indoor informations. We also learnt in July that Yu prohibited Cédric to talk about the exact private budget. "Infact it's the will of Yu Suzuki, simply, to not communicate about it".

I think Yu wants to get rid of this kind of questions as he was just bored to see Shenmue remembered as the most expensive game ever with the biggest staff for its time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 am

Again, no huge surprise considering the mostly manufactured controversy over the budget already. Not to mention Shenmue's history with hyperbolic statements from the press regarding the budget.

It's weird how some journalists HAD to have their "hot (but mostly incorrect) take" on Shenmue 3 heard, but when corrected by fans who followed every detail of the Kickstarter, they got in a huff and played victim like people thought their article was bad because it wasn't positive, instead of it just being inaccurate and full of personal conjecture.

Saying Shenmue is a niche title nobody wants from one side of their mouth, and saying "poor me, I'm being e-ssaulted by roving bands of Shenmue fans in the comments" from the other.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 am

Spaghetti wrote: It's a shame Yu feels he has to shut the press out on Shenmue because of how they've spun things so far, but I really can't blame him considering the baffling level of vitriol and total lack of desire to do the proper research before publishing articles that has been rife with press commentary on Shenmue 3.

I would make the vision of this (passionate and full of humour) video mandatory for any journalist who intend to write down an article about Shenmue with absolutely no knowledge about the game history.

phpBB [video]

Kiske has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Sh3ppy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 am

Giorgio wrote:
(Shenmue III) will not be Call of Duty but it will be a really good PS4 game with easily the current standing.

? I don't understand what the "with easily the current standing" means.

Q : How many people are working on Shenmue III development, currently and actively ?
C : Well, our friend Suzuki didn't allow me to talk. He said me "Don't talk about it, they will discuss again, etc". So sorry I can't answer your question (laughs).

Q : Outside the kickstarter, will a physical version be available ?
C : Yes absolutely.

I believe Cedric Biscay meant the PC version, because that's the one he is responsible for. For the PS4 version, only SONY has the upper hand.

- I think for the first part he means that it will easily compare to current titles being released. At least that's what I got from it.

- Reckon you are spot on that they didn't want to give so called 'journalists' more ammo to make up negative headlines.

- Originally I thought he was referring to both formats, but what you say could be right. I would still like to think that Cedric knows physical PS4 copies will be available on release.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Postby Amir » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 pm

From 38-39 minutes Cedric says there were a lot of well-known companies before Shibuya Productions that wanted to work on Shenmue III but without investing or offering a great deal of investment, so Shibuya was really the first to provide a concrete offer of money to Suzuki and Sega.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Amir wrote: From 38-39 minutes Cedric says there were a lot of well-known companies before Shibuya Productions that wanted to work on Shenmue III but without investing or offering a great deal of investment, so Shibuya was really the first to provide a concrete offer of money to Suzuki and Sega.

These companies sound very disrespectful. "without investing" What did they expect ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elmatto » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 pm

The hell is with that set? It looks like it was designed by PeeWee Herman.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III