1st of january

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

1st of january

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:46 am

I guess I never played shenmue 1 so late in the game but it's january 1st and all the woman yamanose at least where special kimono's and all over dobuita are flowers! never knew this!

drunkensailor has received a thanks from: fittersau
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: 1st of january

Postby Kiske » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 am

drunkensailor wrote: I guess I never played shenmue 1 so late in the game but it's january 1st and all the woman yamanose at least where special kimono's and all over dobuita are flowers! never knew this!

Is january 1st really so late in Shenmue time?

I don't remember the exact date but I'm pretty sure I finished my first run in Shenmue long after January 1st :oops:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby BlueMue » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Well it's almost a full month in the game to get to 1987 and that's really a lot of time, even if you take it really slow. Usually you'll only reach 1987 or even christmas by failing to sneak into warehouse 8 a whole bunch of times.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:59 pm

BlueMue wrote: Well it's almost a full month in the game to get to 1987 and that's really a lot of time, even if you take it really slow. Usually you'll only reach 1987 or even christmas by failing to sneak into warehouse 8 a whole bunch of times.

The Fangmei birthday is such an easter egg.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Mr357 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 pm

BlueMue wrote: Well it's almost a full month in the game to get to 1987 and that's really a lot of time, even if you take it really slow. Usually you'll only reach 1987 or even christmas by failing to sneak into warehouse 8 a whole bunch of times.

It's worth it to do so since your night time training and allowance continue while you fail.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm

I always complete the game before Christmas Day, so I very rarely get to see the New Years festivities unless I actively choose to pursue that point in the game. It's always a nice little treat, though, seeing all the decorations and a few people wearing festive garb for that one special day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't January 1st, 1987, fall on a snowy day, too? That's how I remember New Years in Shenmue in my mind, and it's a great scene :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby TerryWolf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:29 am

I agree. It's quite normal to not arrive until that day. If you pass several days trying to reach Master Chen it would became easier.
TerryWolf
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Return to Shenmue