reptile wrote: Awesome Japan are ...

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm

I obviously agree with the outrage AJ and this update have caused but in the end, who cares?

Shenmue 3 has already gotten the vast majority of the money it could have gotten via crowdfunding, so this debacle won't have much impact. I mean even if the pp campaign will get like $200k from today to the end it closes, it would still not be even 3% of the total budget.

Maybe i'm too positive, but it's the way i see it.... if the game turns out great no one will remember this update.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiske » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:41 pm

I already said it, but in my opinion, they need to close the PayPal campaign as soon as possible.
The potential image damage caused by the lack of PC rewards, upgrades and now the way those polls (yes...two polls!) have been handled is not worth the funds they can gather by extending the campaign.

Unless they announce within a few days PC rewards and upgrades (which should have been available since the begining of the Slacker Backer Campaign... do I need to point this out?) the extension has no purpose anymore.

If AJ knew how to handle Marketing and communication, the funds collected could have been significantly higher, but what is done is done and maybe it's time to move on to next stage and close the budget.

One of my worries about Shenmue 3 is that Yu Suzuki has to much to deal with, when he should concentrate mainly on the development, talents scouting, research and storytelling. The lack of a publisher like SEGA or Sony to take care of funding, Marketing and PR is just obvious after witnessing how weak AJ have been at doing their job. Fans communities have done a lot in order to help, spread the word,organize events like raffles or 30 on the 3rd (to name a few) and last but not least damage control some bad press. Truth is, fans can't keep the PayPal campaign alive on their own.

The irony is that I'm still waiting for the upgrades to come so I can raise my KS pledge but I can easily imagine that one morning the campaign will be over with my extra money still in my pocket. Of course I could simply choose other rewards or simply donate this money... but won't I look like an idiot if the upgrades show up the day after I give my contribution to PayPal? How many fans are in my exact same situation and how much money does that mean (69'000 KS backers guys...) ?
Again, it is how it is because of the way the PayPal campaign has been handled and in my opinion... It's a shame... or missed opportunity if you prefer. :sad:

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bellator » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Felt the need to post after reading so much of the negativity of this topic.

First and foremost... Who gives a FªCK about wether or not the KS exclusives will be made avaiable on the slacker backer campaign??

The campaign is generating about 2000$ per day. Do you think this number will somewhat change based on a fªcking phone card call???

I am sure most of you already secured your desired rewards through the KS which lasted for a whole month so why do you care?
You think there are still many shenmue fans on the sidelines at this point? I am sorry but there aren't.

What upsets me is the slacking off of the team responsible for providing updates to backers
Let's stop with the Fªcking updates about pools that nobody cares about and posts full of typos and repeated words (honestly if you're writting something that 70.000 people are going to read at least review the fªcking thing) and start updating on game development

Bellator has received a thanks from: Reprise
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby reptile » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Alright, alright
Everything's gonna be alright
Allright, Allright
Everything's gonna be Allright
Allright, Allright
Everything's gonna be Allright
Allright, Allright
It's really alright
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:12 pm

I know most us think that this did not hurt the campaign but actually it did. I know a lot of people waiting for the pc version to be added before they pledged and after this last KK update they do not want to pledge at all. they are mad with the management and i cannot blame them...

alexironaek has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby punkmanced » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:35 pm

This f*cking company can’t get anything right.
...Not even online polling, ffs.

Everything else seems to be spot on, so why can’t YS Net just quietly replace these guys?! :roll:
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VukBZ2005 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 am

VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:57 am

I would point out all the inaccuracies in that article but I'd probably have a stroke doing so.

Good thing they're just some hole in the wall game media site that just badly regurgitates other articles, right?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 am

Isn't it funny we went months without a major Awesome Japan fuck up when all the updates were geared towards development?

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 am

To do damage control, the only important thing they don't get (for now) it's the calling card, it's not that big of a deal.

Still sucks for guys that can't use KS.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby SMDzero » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 am

What kind of moron would want their precious "reward" exclusive to them?

Newsflash: this campaign isn't about your stupid "rewards" it's about ensuring Shenmue 3 receives the most funding possible.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 am

There's no real point blaming the people who voted no, the people who were indifferent or voted yes clearly won the poll. It was just how the poll data was interpreted that is causing anger. Nearly 5000 people who voted emphatically yes, with over 6000 who wouldn't have minded if the answer was yes, and only 4000 who were directly against it. To me, that shows "yes" won.

It's just like that stupid character poll earlier in the Kickstarter. They gave us a list of characters without context, then only revealed after Ryo won that it was a poll to determine if a character should get a special scene.

Honestly, I know Yu wanted fan input on the project because he's so grateful for the support, but if Awesome Japan are going to feed us incorrect information, and interpret the poll data so badly, then Yu should be allowed to just get on with developing the game as he sees fit with input from Cedric and other producing partners.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby arwinjohn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 am

I just think they should communicate more with the fans and Clearly state things since i know many are confused by the term exclusive rewards. Some of the folks on the internet also thought they are not getting the exclusive backer case even for their basic $60 physical copy pledge. The terms exclusive items was miss understood as for all items previously listen on KS. Just my 2 cents. Maybe they should state clearly in a very easy to understand way as to WHAT item it NOT available rather than just stating Exclusive items wont be available. Many folks miss understood this. Even i miss understood about it when i first read the update but of course since i regularly check and read through the forum and updates so i understand about it. The communication has been very poor lately.

arwinjohn has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, VukBZ2005
arwinjohn
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: arwinjohn
Currently playing: Destiny

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III