Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revamp

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Postby VukBZ2005 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 am

1.) We will have to expect that some of those who backed the PayPal are probably not well informed about the nature of the situation and will be induced by the Anti-Shenmue Gaming Media and Troll Brigade to ask for refunds.

I know it's a sad thing to see happen, but we have to look at things for what they are.

2.) As some people said, as much as we have to blame "Awesome" Japan for all of this, we have to call to task the people behind the series as well.

I mean, it is clear that Ys Net and Shibuya Productions are signing off on many of the things AJ is doing and it would be foolish and immature to ignore that. Thus, it is their responsibility to go over what they have approved of to avoid something similar from happening again.

3.) At the risk of sounding redundant, the best thing for the people behind the series to do now would be to offer unique rewards for the PayPal backers. It will shut down the perception that they intended to do this all along, assuage hurt feelings and stop the current Anti-Shenmue attacks.

VukBZ2005 has received 3 thanks from: Kiske, ShenSun, Yokosuka
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 am

I understand a lot of the sides who have opinions. There's so much room for discussion and time to work out a possible way of solving the various problems that are currently still ongoing.

But right now, I wish people would calm the hell down. Not so much here, but across the entire Shenmue community. Woken up to a third day of infighting, name calling, dramatic arguments, idiotic memes and just complete and utter bollox.

I actually believe there are backers out there who sit on a daily basis twiddling their thumbs, waiting for fights and I'd even go as far that some do it deliberately to draw attention for clickbait "publicity".

I'm not pulling out a guitar and for all of us to hold hands. I do agree there are issues with Awesome Japan, which is damaging the reputation of the game and need to be addressed. But across the community there is a real sense of there being too many chiefs and not enough Indians running around. That their opinions are better than everyone else. What's funny to one Shenmue fan, is insulting to another etc. There are a handful of people who have tried to calm the past few days back down, but it's just fallen on deaf ears. It's sad, and embarrassing.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Reprise, Sean, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ShenSun » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 am

The only places i go for Shenmue discussions are here and neogaf. I haven't really visited or observed the other outlets. Is it that bad?

ShenSun has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:40 am

I don't think the thread was started off with the intentions it ended up being, but i dont understand how it could have been interpreted any other way. I am a collector of physical Shenmue merchandise and voted yes, but is this the perception of us collectors, because thats a bit offensive if thats what its inplying. But it's 222 comments of all sorts going on in there:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/203745759 ... 2505913454

This isn't a go at 500k either. This is one example out of many. Twitter was the same this morning, and I unfollowed 3 separate Shenmue accounts because all they have been retweeting is negative comments, and links to clickbait. I'd love to know why, because all they are doing is promoting them.

The Kickstarter Update comment section has had a handful of comments in the past 12 hours. All just negative, and arguing. Language like, "selfish", "greedy", "sabotage", "demand".

It goes on and on.

Peter has received a thanks from: Reprise
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 am

ShenSun wrote: The only places i go for Shenmue discussions are here and neogaf. I haven't really visited or observed the other outlets. Is it that bad?

There is a big Reddit thread but well defended by Shenmue fans. The main disinformation is shared by the websites. I've also seen a Youtube channel with 20k viewers average criticizing the campaign.

Thanks to those who're trying to counter the lies on the web. Don't hesitate to use http://archive.is/ to archive the unprofessional articles if you can.
Original sources to prove the information :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... escription
https://shenmue.link/order/
Team Yu statement : https://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/1 ... 15/?_rdr=p
Last edited by Yokosuka on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenSun » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks guys. I'll check out the links when i get home tonight.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:11 am

The Shenmue bashing (at least from what I can see on Twitter) has reached an appalling level... and still no official clarification from AJ.

This is worst than I expected and the damage caused to the franchise is really deep this time. Such a shame.

Kiske has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 am

"those Exclusive Rewards will not be made available on the PayPal page as originally promised."

Is it me or a lot of media interpreted wrongly this AJ's sentence ? I don't remember AJ stated any promises about making the Kickstarter exclusive rewards available for Paypal backers.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Reprise
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Reprise » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 am

Yokosuka wrote: "those Exclusive Rewards will not be made available on the PayPal page as originally promised."

Is it me or a lot of media interpreted wrongly this AJ's sentence ? I don't remember AJ stated any promises about making the Kickstarter exclusive rewards available for Paypal backers.

Pretty much what I've said as well. All they said was, that if there was a strong consensus in the poll, they would add them. I know we can all interpret the results to say "Well, the Yes option got more votes", but as there isn't actually a "clear consensus", I'd say, whether you think it's shitty or not, Ys Net are within their rights to state it wasn't a clear enough consensus.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:33 am

If it helps, it's only 50-something days until we can stop lamenting over Awesome Japan and start getting excited by what gets shown in Monaco.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 am

Yokosuka wrote: "those Exclusive Rewards will not be made available on the PayPal page as originally promised."

I don't remember any kind of promise neither. Maybe they simply promised they would explore this possibility...
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:46 am

The worst part is AJ isn't savvy enough to contact the press and correct their mistakes. They just let the misinformation they caused spread. I really don't blame the journalists.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:50 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: The worst part is AJ isn't savvy enough to contact the press and correct their mistakes. They just let the misinformation they caused spread. I really don't blame the journalists.

It's all the opposite for me. What could have done AJ or any other PR team, this campaign would be bashed. And everyone is surprised when developers have to invest million of dollars into promotion instead production to get rid of these fools. It's not as like the information was unclear. Really, way too much unprofessionalism right there.

@Kiske : I read all the previous updates since the Paypal launch and I found no promises. I doubt they were from the twitter account.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:02 am

I think the Sony stuff was overblown, but I think Ys Net and their public relations team own most of the other backlash they've received. The actual game is all that matters anyway, so hopefully that's what gets all their love and attention.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Kiske » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 am

Yokosuka wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: The worst part is AJ isn't savvy enough to contact the press and correct their mistakes. They just let the misinformation they caused spread. I really don't blame the journalists.

It's all the opposite for me. What could have done AJ or any other PR team, this campaign would be bashed. And everyone is surprised when developers have to invest million of dollars into promotion instead production to get rid of these fools. It's not as like the information was unclear. Really, way too much unprofessionalism right there.

@Kiske : I read all the previous updates since the Paypal launch and I found no promises. I doubt they were from the twitter account.

It could be a good move from AJ to come with new exclusive rewards for Paypal backers at this point.

Post an update to shut up the clickbaits about the PayPal rewards status and cheer up the potential new backers.

Dear Shenmue fans, dear backers, as you know we couldn't offer the Kickstarter Exclusive rewards in the Slacker Backer campaign but the bad news stops here! We are offering new exclusive Slacker Backer Campaign rewards such as "PS4 Physical copy Dreamcast Case style" , "Exclusive Slacker backer Scroll Move combo pack"...

Kiske has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III