Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:07 am

Probably because people were misinterpreting it to mean screenshots.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:54 am

Doesn't seem to be deleted for me.

I do think we're getting screenshots though. It would make sense to tease the bigger Shenmue 3 news at Magic Monaco next month with something at the press event.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Random Shenmue 3 Thoughts

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:55 am

KidMarine wrote:
Hmm... the tweet has been deleted for some reason...

The tweet is still there. The link is written wrong in the The_Intruder's post.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby reptile » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/have-we-been- ... e-3-years/

These guys are noobs. I swear what they say is just BS. They also think the game is coming to Xbox One as it is mentioned in "also available on" at the top.

reptile has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm

I don't get the people with the argument that how any changes in Shenmue 3 from the originals is going to ruin the game.

It isn't a zero sum equation/all or nothing situation. The game is going to change, and it was always supposed to in some way, but it won't lose its soul. If we had got Shenmue 3 on Xbox in like 2003/4 and it barely changed or innovated on itself, we'd probably be a bit annoyed that it stagnated and didn't surprise us like the first two did. The 14 year wait for Shenmue 3 has made us hungry for more of the original experience instead of something new, and maybe that's stopping people being open minded about new systems and changes to the formula.

When I played Shenmue II for the first time, I was mad FREE training was gone. Over time, I opened myself up and realised that ultimately sparring to train was more engaging than just doing the same move over and over in a car park to level it up. Other changes in Shenmue II like being able to wait for an event to happen was a godsend when you just didn't feel like killing the free time like you had to in the first game. I think Shenmue 3 is going to be the same, a mix of welcomed changes, and ones that are different but eventually will make sense.

Shenmue 3 is going to be more than just a sequel, it is going to be Shenmue reborn. We should keep an open mind to new things about the game, and not just think they're automatically inferior because they messed with the old structure.

Spaghetti has received 4 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty, murdiaries, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby murdiaries » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Yu said the flying sword and fantasy elements in SM2 were put as some sort of spectacular finale just because they knew it was the last shenmue.
That makes me happy we can expect a more realistic take on Ryo's journey instead of flying monsters or energy waves (as per Shenmue Online).

Shenhua telling Ryo they are finally getting out from the cave should be mandatory fanservice :p

Dang can't wait to play it! :)
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:15 pm

murdiaries wrote:Yu said the flying sword and fantasy elements in SM2 were put as some sort of spectacular finale just because they knew it was the last shenmue.
That makes me happy we can expect a more realistic take on Ryo's journey instead of flying monsters or energy waves (as per Shenmue Online).

Shenhua telling Ryo they are finally getting out from the cave should be mandatory fanservice :p

Dang can't wait to play it! :)

Source?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:23 pm

My random Shenmue 3 thoughts:

1) We are waiting for a game of a series that's been dead for 13-14 years, made by a legendary developer that hasn't made a "big" game since 2001, 12 years ago, and we literally have no idea what to expect gameplay wise. Let's be honest here, this is all a fucking crazy "bet" and jump into the dark, i think in our life we'll never see a crazier situation in the games industry.

2) How in this world did we break KS records for a series that like 8 gamers out of 10 never ever played or heard of?even with Awesome Japan and the press sabotaging the campaign. When i think about it i still can hardly believe this all happened, the way it happened. Blows my mind
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:26 pm

murdiaries wrote: Yu said the flying sword and fantasy elements in SM2 were put as some sort of spectacular finale just because they knew it was the last shenmue.

I remember Yu saying that, but honestly magic elements getting introduced at the end of Shenmue 2 is what blew my mind back in the day and made me go crazy for a sequel, because it took a great story to a whole new level imo.

I hope Yu keeps some of those elements.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 pm

I think we'll see the whole gd4, and the supernatural will be toned down a little, but it still will be in some way in the game.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Given what Cedric said in a tweet that we've discussed on the last page, are we still unclear if we're getting new Shenmue 3 screens tomorrow? I always interpreted the tweet as talking about new screenshots as a teaser for next month, but I'm not going to get my hopes up if it still seems ambiguous as to what he meant.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm

All we know is that a press conference about Magic 2016 as a whole will happen in Paris at the Maison de la Culture du Japon (a cultural establishment mainly funded by the Japanese government), with Amano and a comic illustrator as guests in front of 40 journalists. The scheduled time is still awaited.

There will also be a second conference at Monaco on February 2th.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Yokosuka wrote: All we know is that a press conference about Magic 2016 as a whole will happen in Paris at the Maison de la Culture du Japon (a cultural establishment mainly funded by the Japanese government), with Amano and a comic illustrator as guests in front of 40 journalists. The scheduled time is still awaited.

There will also be a second conference at Monaco on February 2th.

Well, we know slightly more than that because of the tweet from Cedric.

During @MagicMonaco press conf in Paris next jan 20 we will welcome Yoshitaka Amano ! Maybe good time for some #Shenmue3 exclusive pics ?

That always read as a direct hint that we'll see a screenshot or two, but we'll see. It'd be nice to see something game-related to wash out the taste of the poll fiasco earlier in the month.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:27 pm

It might just be me being super confused and all, but didn't he Tweet that this year? I thought he was referring to NEXT year, aka Jan 2017?

Yeh. I just checked, he tweeted that out on January 7th 2016. I hope I'm wrong cause I wanna see new screenies too :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III