Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Definitely. On a subconscious level Ryo's adventure even mirrors the real fear of terrorist attacks. Lan Di,
a foreigner, attacks and destroys the core of the Hazuki household, which prompts Ryo to justifiably track down and and even invade Lan Di's homeland in search of rightful retribution. If you try hard enough, you can even find echoes of "either you are with me or you're with the enemy" in Ryo's mindset along his journey in the way he treats his allies.

This thread... LOL
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 am

What did Corey say about Trump ? Now I'm interested.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 am

shredingskin wrote: What did Corey say about Trump ? Now I'm interested.

The funnier stuff was his jabs on Melania's claim of writing her own speeches free of plagiarism.

Other than that to my knowledge, just vanilla stuff like this...

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 am

Please don't add cringy political commentary to Shenmue... I have already suffered enough with comics.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 am

This isn't really about Shenmue 3 per se but I was watching some of Bluemue's videos and noticed that Megumi literally stands at the Yamanose shrine all day and night staring into a box to look at the cat... yet she is also observed walking the streets in Sakuragaoka until she finally goes home there.

Maybe Shenmue is a horror game and we just haven't realized it yet. Would explain Ryo's random nightmares.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: This isn't really about Shenmue 3 per se but I was watching some of Bluemue's videos and noticed that Megumi literally stands at the Yamanose shrine all day and night staring into a box to look at the cat... yet she is also observed walking the streets in Sakuragaoka until she finally goes home there.

Maybe Shenmue is a horror game and we just haven't realized it yet. Would explain Ryo's random nightmares.

Have you seen this from 3:47 onwards? Horror game confirmed.

Gao Wen running up to Ryo and the plate smash in Old Warehouse #8 are legitimate jumpscares, too.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Abraham_1
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Does Ys Net have anything where you can contact them immediately without having to wait for an email response? I'm not planning to do anything with it, just interested to know. Maybe a phone number or something?
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Centrale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote: Does Ys Net have anything where you can contact them immediately without having to wait for an email response? I'm not planning to do anything with it, just interested to know. Maybe a phone number or something?

Yes, it's called the "open the floodgates to psychos from the internet hotline" and it was distributed to everyone on the internet, so check your spam folder.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Centrale wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: Does Ys Net have anything where you can contact them immediately without having to wait for an email response? I'm not planning to do anything with it, just interested to know. Maybe a phone number or something?

Yes, it's called the "open the floodgates to psychos from the internet hotline" and it was distributed to everyone on the internet, so check your spam folder.

So I guess that's a no?
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:

So I guess that's a no?

What happened to the company that you contacted directly for the millions of dollars donation to Ysnet?
They left you out of the loop? Maybe you should try them to give you Yu's home direct number.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 am

sand4fish wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:

So I guess that's a no?

What happened to the company that you contacted directly for the millions of dollars donation to Ysnet?
They left you out of the loop? Maybe you should try them to give you Yu's home direct number.

That's the thing I finally got $50 million investors that contacted me (they're legit and verified). However, still no reply from Ys Net. I try contacted them with a casual email, through the Kickstarter FAQ but nope, no more replies. It's weird because they usually responded but now they're not anymore. I think maybe it's because they're too busy with development and stopped replying. I can further confirm this because Yu Suzuki himself left the last message saying " Thanks much for the kind words of encouragement. Have a great New Year!

Yu Suzuki".
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:43 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:

So I guess that's a no?

That's the thing I finally got $50 million investors that contacted me (they're legit and verified). However, still no reply from Ys Net. I try contacted them with a casual email, through the Kickstarter FAQ but nope, no more replies. It's weird because they usually responded but now they're not anymore. I think maybe it's because they're too busy with development and stopped replying. I can further confirm this because Yu Suzuki himself left the last message saying " Thanks much for the kind words of encouragement. Have a great New Year!

Yu Suzuki".

Stop. Now.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Centrale wrote:

So I guess that's a no?

Yu Suzuki".

Stop. Now.

I'm not kidding, I actually got a couple of investors wanting to give $50M. One of them even sent a loan document. Don't you think I should keep going? They're confirmed and verified too (I checked up to make sure they're not scam artists or anything like that!). I mean, it's so close :D
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm

^ Damn. With your talent for headhunting investors left and right, Shenmue 4 & 5 should be already a guaranteed green-lit project given time. Have you thought of applying for a position in YsNet or even better, Awesome Japan, as you have this knack of bringing investors in? I'm sure they'd love you over there. TBH your skills are kinda wasted here on the forum with just winning a couple of awards, but congratz anyway!

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Abraham_1
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 am

They finally replied! It seems like they're on board as they said they will look into it and contact them.

Also, regarding the character models it seems like big things are going to happen because they said this "the character models will be improved greatly over the year, so stay tuned for big updates!".
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III