Day of Release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Day of Release

Postby SMDzero » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:06 pm

The_Intruder wrote: I'm going to order Pizza and Chinese food on the week Shenmue 3 releases. What type of food you guys are going eat while playing Shenmue 3?

To make life imitate art I'm not gonna eat ANYTHING... maybe a few carrots. But I'll have lots and lots of soda!!!!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:44 am

The_Intruder wrote: I'm going to order Pizza and Chinese food on the week Shenmue 3 releases. What type of food you guys are going eat while playing Shenmue 3?

I'm going to catch me a rabbit Shenhua style... 8)

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Jibby
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:00 am

Isn't it weird that Shenhua, who represents the heart and soul of pure nature, basically killed and skinned that poor rabbit?!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby reptile » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:05 am

yeah well what else could she she eat, grass?
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Monkei » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:10 am

SMDzero wrote: Isn't it weird that Shenhua, who represents the heart and soul of pure nature, basically killed and skinned that poor rabbit?!

I guess she's about living in respectful unity with the world around us, not exploiting it, only taking off it what you really need. Like a rabbit every once in a while. Cycle of life and death, kill and eat to survive. Nature.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Scrounder » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:40 am

I'm gonna replay Shenmue 1 and 2 before release and then play Shenmue 3 literally all day long the absolute slowest I can on whatever late 2017 supercomputer I'll have. Oh yeah and I'll go out to GameStop that day and buy 3 or maybe 5 physical copies for PS4. I'll post pics of my billion copies of the game once it's out.

Scrounder has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Scrounder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr357 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Jet Cola, potato chips, chocolate, and caramel. The food of a true martial artist.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Monkei wrote:
SMDzero wrote: Isn't it weird that Shenhua, who represents the heart and soul of pure nature, basically killed and skinned that poor rabbit?!

I guess she's about living in respectful unity with the world around us, not exploiting it, only taking off it what you really need. Like a rabbit every once in a while. Cycle of life and death, kill and eat to survive. Nature.

But she could be a vegetarian and still live......... I'll bet that the rabbit (who was killed and skinned and put in boiling water to be devoured) would have preferred that Shenhua adhered to that lifestyle. 8)

Also I forgot could Ryo actually use in any way the chocolate and chips? Or would they just stay in his inventory forever??
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Some gud ol' hot dogs, Tom style.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby VukBZ2005 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 am

1.) I will obviously have to fix my busy schedule to make sure I can devote my free time to playing this thing;

2.) I have a working Dreamcast in near-perfect condition. In the event that HD remasters of Shenmue and Shenmue II are not available, I'll just have to go to eBay and hunt them down for me to play them;

3.) Buy (and order) a crapload of food;

4.) Play Shenmue and Shenmue II w/ breaks;

5.) Play Shenmue III w/ breaks.

VukBZ2005 has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:18 pm

SMDzero wrote:Also I forgot could Ryo actually use in any way the chocolate and chips? Or would they just stay in his inventory forever??

Sadly you couldn't use them in anyway, no.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alexh86 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 pm

If I still live in my current house which is very small and doesn't really have a place for long gaming sessions, I will block out a couple days to go to my parent's house and play through the game once or twice. I'm sure my wife will let me get away from her and the kids until I've finished the game. I presume that they will ship out the backer rewards before the general public can buy the game but if a physical release is in stores before my rewards come in, I will buy the game again to play it immediately.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby Superrayman3 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Scrounder wrote:Oh yeah and I'll go out to GameStop that day and buy 3 or maybe 5 physical copies for PS4. I'll post pics of my billion copies of the game once it's out.
Umm last time I checked I don't think this is going to be a retail release (I believe it's going to be digital only, now if YS.net is approached by a publisher interested in doing a retail print run a retail run might be possible, but otherwise it's probably not gonna happen) with the physical versions being a backer only thing for those who pledged enough money in the main KS and is currently pledging in the Paypal campaign, so you may have a hard time acquiring those billions of copies, I may be wrong about this but that's my understanding of things.
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Cedric confirmed the other month a proper retail release will happen, though we've all got no idea what that means in terms of how many copies get printed.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: SickOctopus, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby murdiaries » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:22 pm

I'll arrange a big party with friends (lots of proud dreamcast owners) and borrow a projector just for playing S3. Plenty of junk food and pizzas of course.

murdiaries has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III