Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Uh, didn't Yu approach Xbox first but wouldn't give him the time of day?

EDIT: Also, fuckin' lol at equating us (i.e the Shenmue community) as having half voted no. Here and on other Shenmue communities I've seen the poll decision completely disagreed with almost entirely across the board. The OP is fragile as fuck.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sh3ppy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Well, that was pretty much complete bullshit. At least make sure you have the facts right if you want people to respect your opinion.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr357 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: By the way, I stand by my opinion that Shenmue 2 is the greatest game of all time. I don't care if it's aged poorly or if the English dub is terrible. I have never been more affected by a videogame in my life. It truly marked the end of an era for me as well. I pretty much lost interest in gaming after Shenmue 2. It's going to take more than some Kickstarter cock-ups and VG media bullshit to make me lose interest in Shenmue 3.

The most offensive thing about your post is that you found Shenmue 2 just 'ok'. 8)

Shenmue 2 is one of those rare cases like The Empire Strikes Back or T2 where just when you thought it couldn't get any better, the sequel blows the original out of the water.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Domosuke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 am

Sh3ppy wrote: Well, that was pretty much complete bullshit. At least make sure you have the facts right if you want people to respect your opinion.

I do have my facts right.

Yes I am a Xbox/Dreamcast fanboy. I have the right to be. I was introduced to Shenmue on an xbox demo disc. I didn't even buy a ps3, still don't have one, so will I buy a ps4? I don't know.

Everything was multi platform for the longest, now everything is fucking console exclusive which is dumb. I don't like video gaming that much for me to have that many consoles under my tv set.

And the Xbox CEO only said that at the time he didn't think it was a good idea and it could have been the way they approached Xbox. He also said that he would discuss the idea more based on recent proceedings. From my knowledge Sony is being the villain here.

I don't care about Nintendo. They only make Mario and Pokemon games.

Yu Suzuki keeps saying if we don't donate more, the game will have less characters, less levels, less items, no fourth game. I understand that, it does take money to make a video game, but if you're gonna be like that, why even make a game. Make an anime movie, make a visual novel. Shit make a mobile game.

The bullshit thing is Japan doesn't even know the fuck an Xbox one is, which is sad, and I guess they are catering to the Japanese gamers, when we the gamers in western society are donating more we should at least get an xbox release.

Me complaining about the story is dismissive yes ok, you got me there, but a game can still be good with a bad story. To be honest GTA 5 had a predictable and stupid story, to me GTA 4 story and ending was more shocking and better, but both of those are the top selling games of all time.

The reason I'm not donating is because I don't have a ps4 and I really don't want to go into an electronics store and buy one, I also really fucking hate Sony after they got exclusive rights over Street Fighter. Fuck that shit.

I don't like all of these incentives, many of which if I wanted to have I can't. Like having your face on pachinko boards, your own capsule toy, a NPC named after you. Ugh.

Why do we have to be divided as fans. Some of it is in game content which will make the game experience different all because I didn't pay attention to fucking E3 as I had other shit going on in my life.
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Scrounder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:59 am

u suck lol

Scrounder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Domosuke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 am

I'm not upset. You suck. I don't need to take that shit from you.
Domosuke

Postby Monkei » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 am

Domosuke wrote:I do have my facts right.

Yu Suzuki keeps saying if we don't donate more, the game will have less characters, less levels, less items, no fourth game.

I was going to reply to some of the made up, dreamt up or whatever nonsense you threw up onto your keyboard, but I fear my self-respect would take serious damage from continuing to respond to a dimwitted 14-year-old on a message board. Besides, you might actually be a trolling genius out to waste people's time. I seriously can't tell. I've seen some shit, but I'm having a hard time believing that someone can really be, think, feel, talk like that and be serious about it. Anyway, talking to you is not the smartest thing to do in any case, so yeah. Have fun.

Edit: If you're a troll, hats off, I'm impressed. Seriously, positively. Stuff like this is annoying, but it's definitely an art form, at least when it's executed in a perfect manner like here.

Monkei has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 am

Snore. This isn't even creative trolling, it's sub-GameFAQS level that's as see-through as a pane of glass.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Domosuke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:05 am

I'm far from a troll. You can follow my youtube and twitter page to see I'm a real person. I'm just not a caucasian otaku.
Domosuke

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

Domosuke, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Jibby
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Domosuke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:51 am

What did I say that was dumb?
Domosuke

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 am