I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

(Chapters 3-6)

I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

Postby SMDzero » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 am

I finally understand what the "proof" is that Shenhua's father was talking about. Ryo had to prove that he was "the one" who held the pheonix and that his mirror was legit.

See....only the REAL Pheonix mirror could activate elaborate mechanism revealing the giant mirrors. And since the design on the giant mirrors look EXACTLY like the small real ones.. Shenhua can cross check them against Ryo's mirror to prove it's indeed one of the original mirrors.

Shenhua's father basically set up a device which would prove that Ryo was the "one" referred to in the poem of Bailu Village! He had to set up the contraption so his daughter could follow Ryo with his permission and full confidence.

He also knew that the sword was the "key" needed to unlock the mirror pedestal.. he knew that the spirit of Shenhua's ancestors was contained in the sword (since it's the sword of 7 stars and Shenhua prays to her ancestors by looking up to the big dipper)) and that Shenhua had the power to insert it since she has the power of her ancestors.

Shenhua's father basically created a two part puzzle.... one only Shenhua could activate with her powers and the other only Ryo could activate with his mirror.

SMDzero has received 3 thanks from: Jibby, Monkei, Spaghetti
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Re: I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

Postby johnvivant » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

dear shenhua

My work is done

(is he referring to the work involved in carving out those giant mirrors? or looking after Shenhua all those years? - or both?)

The phoenix entrusted to our people is now complete
(is he talking about the giant phoenix mirror that he spent years sculpting - but why not mention the dragon mirror too? were different mirrors entrusted to different tribes?)

The time of destiny has come
(Ryo and Shenhua's journey and destiny begins)

Shenhua, go with the one who holds the phoenix and find the proof

(Ryo is the one, and proof refers to:
-the elaborate magical set up which lights up the giant mirrors and prooves that ryo is the one? - is that all it was for? and it wasn't like Ryo had to use his own magic like shenhua did on the sword, so i don't think its a very good test to prove his identiy. imo that cave serves some other purpose for later in the story - remember there was that drawing showing a room behind the giant mirrors.)

Yield yourself to the one and go together

(does this mean that Shenhua has to do whatever Ryo says? ;-) )

I shall give you the family treasure the sword of seven stars

(seven stars of the big dipper, seven stars showing the way to the treasure etc)

Think of the sword as a part of you and keep it with you
(i suppose this could imply that shenhua's ancestor's souls occupy the sword. it also looks like Ryo and shenhua are meant to take the sword out of the cave with them implying that they are going to need it again in the future.)

I shall always watch over you

(force ghost style - although we now know
that he's actually been kidnapped by the chiyoumen and not dead
)
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ryuman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:56 am

johnvivant wrote: remember there was that drawing showing a room behind the giant mirrors.

Refresh my memory. Is this something in Shenhua's house?
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby SMDzero » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Yeah there's a scene where Ryo comes across the mirror diagrams while he is in Shenhua's room rummaging through her unmentionables.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:32 am

johnvivant wrote:

I shall always watch over you

(force ghost style - although we now know
that he's actually been kidnapped by the chiyoumen and not dead
)

Proof of this happening to the Stepfather and not her real parents?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Shenmue II