Project Update #54: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Project Update #54: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Interesting if they do indeed go with Xsens, they seem industry standard- which is incredibly exciting knowing it'll feature heavily in the battle system with current gen animation blending techniques.

Face capture like Giorgio suggested is an interesting one though. There are probably compelling cases for and against doing this, in the case of Shenmue III. The expense of doing it for both language tracks might be too much even if limited only to the core cast, but at the same time, it's probably less time consuming that manually syncing mouth movements to voice, so-

I can't believe they screwed the pooch with the picture resolution again though. Just host it somewhere other than Kickstarter. The update itself also has a few errors, and I'm not sure this is a Japanese to English issue either. More than likely whoever wrote the update isn't proof-reading.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KidMarine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Amir wrote:
Show of support for Shenmue III from Bajiquan Grandmaster Wu Lian Zi

I don't suppose anyone can translate this?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hopeful » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Roughly translates to "Congratulates Shenmue on being successful."

Hopeful has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Amir, FlagshipFighter, KidMarine
Hopeful
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby GYO6161 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Face capture still looks very uncanny alley in my eyes so i wouldn't mind seeing Shen 3 just use facial expressions done by hand, plus with the whole doing it in both languages, it will be to costly to do imo.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby LucBu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:23 am

The mocap guy looks like Daigo Umehara. Ha.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby rdk_nl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

The Ryo / Iwao "Water Color" as mentioned in the #54 Kickstarter Project Update was given to Yu Suzuki at MAGIC 2016, 27th of February @ ~11:52AM by Crocell Art / Ismaël Ronze.

My Story:
After the official Conference about Shenmue III; me, my wife and kids where discussing the sheets and footage shown during the conference outside of Salle Prince Pierre; Grimaldi Forum. My Wife noticed Yu Suzuki is comming upstairs by escalator.

I took my camera with me and asked Yu for a picture; no problem at all. Some people recognized Yu's appearance, and one of them was Ismaël; who asked Yu to accept the "Water Color" as mentioned before.

I took a lot of pictures of Ismaël and Yu; this is one of them:

More and More people where recognizing Yu's appearance so his interpreter took Yu with him; but Yu told him he promised me a picture with him. I gave my camera to Ismaël who took these pictures:

Afterwards I exchanged E-mailadresses with Ismaël; but he didn't understand any English; I'm sure he isn't able to write his story down here at the Dojo.
I have sent his pictures by E-mail; unfortunately I never got any response. During Magic I spoke to his/a girlfriend who promised me to translate my E-mails for him.

Extremly nice Yu didn't follow the orders of the host/interpreter by leaving the crowd and considered his engagement about the picture with me.

I'm for sure the guy on the left (with DSLR) is a respected "Shenmue community" person. Spoke with him after the Signing sessions! Great person! Don't think English was his mother tongue.
rdk_nl

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue III