RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:17 am

SMDzero wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I realize the tiniest morsel of melodrama can brighten a dull existence, but this is one tedious molehill that needn't become the Internet's daily distraction.

Just someone PM me the story. I have no interest in airing petty intrigue but it seems incredible that someone here IS actually working on Shenmue 3.

I believe the person we're referring to isn't actually "working" on Shenmue III in the literal sense.

---

Anyway, it's UPDATE WEEK. Get hype(?)

A new screen would be nice, but I'd take a progress update interview with Yu. They need to do a bit more than the last three months though, four updates in a row without seeing the game is a bit disappointing considering Yu seemed enthusiastic about showing the actual progress through development. Then again, for all the shit they got for clearly early work I can't blame them for holding back.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Japan dinner flights booked. Can't believe its all becoming a reality.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: James Brown, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti, Ziming
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I think if there was more to show, we would see it in the KS updates. The game is in a very early (yet, despite what some say, also surprisingly advanced for 1 year) state. I honestly don't think we'll see a new trailer, let alone gameplay, until the middle of next year, or possibly later. (I do suspect they'll miss the proposed launch window by a bit, though I'll be pleased to be wrong.)

The only major Shenmue news we might get anytime soon is if Sega decides to re-release 1 & 2. And after their E3 showing... I will be surprised if Sega reveals anything all year that garners my interest, frankly.

That said... an extra year, or even two, is a small price for finally getting Shenmue III. And I think it'll be worth it to wait until they actually have something IMPRESSIVE to show at an E3. Maybe next year.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Anonymous81 wrote: I think if there was more to show, we would see it in the KS updates.

Ah, this isn't true unfortunately. We know they're holding stuff back until it's more presentable, which likely accounts to why the Kickstarter updates are more about general progress (mo-cap, storyboards) than a specific in-depth look at everything they've got.

It's a reasonable position to have. They know other Kickstarters have been burned by over-promising and showing stuff off too early, so they're playing it smartly and cautiously to wait until the game is in a state to speak for itself.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:51 am

Perhaps. I still don't expect to see anything substantial anytime soon, though. Despite that, they're in great shape for one year.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:56 am

Peter wrote: Japan dinner flights booked. Can't believe its all becoming a reality.

I thought you met him in Monaco?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:55 pm

No that was for an interview.

My original dinner was for Monaco, but on the last day of the KS, someone dropped out of a Japan slot so I jumped on it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Previous

Return to Shenmue III