No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 am

Himuro wrote:I would have honestly been fine if this wasn't teased to be at PSX in the first place.

Oh, good. I'm glad that after however many thousands of words, you've clarified that getting a new trailer before now isn't actually worth throwing down our toys about. Nice to have that cleared up at last.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Himuro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Himuro wrote:I would have honestly been fine if this wasn't teased to be at PSX in the first place.

Oh, good. I'm glad that after however many thousands of words, you've clarified that getting a new trailer before now isn't actually worth throwing down our toys about. Nice to have that cleared up at last.

And it's nice that after one sentence you've singled yourself as an asshole.

We aren't all perfect, dear. :heart:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 am

LanDC wrote: Don't get too hyped.

One does not choose to get Hyped or Unhyped.

You hyped us. YOU DID THIS TO US

If there's nothing in the December update, we will come after you.

Be prepared.

Just Kidding!

Or am I ...? :lol:
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 am

LanDC wrote: We're not going to have to wait till E3. Unless something drastically changes, the next Kickstarter update will include the footage Peter and I saw on the bus. After Yu showed us the footage, he said everyone would be seeing it (and more) "in December." He never specified PSX, but Peter and myself clearly thought that's what he meant. The last $10,000 dinner was already confirmed for San Francisco on the week of PSX, so it seemed like a no-brainer. But this goes to show that we should never expect anything until we have 100% official facts, no matter how logical what we're expecting may seem. Let's keep a cool head and wait a few more weeks! We'll see this month's update sooner than usual, I'd imagine. The team should be afforded a good holiday break, so they won't even be there to update on the very last day again.

Cautious optimism. I'll believe it when I see it. Getting hyped off of the words of others is exactly how this situation came about to begin with, no offense.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Radar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 am

And I already got hyped again :sad:
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 am

Himuro wrote:
Cautious optimism.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby LanDC » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:40 am

I'm only trying to keep the morale up in this bitch, so please don't be hatin' if nothing happens. :p I'm only saying what I know. I can't think of anything more positive than what Yu Suzuki said himself. I heard it with my own two ears, folks. I could even understand that part without the need of our awesome translator. And I certainly hope I'm not breaking any rules by saying that. I don't remember hearing that we couldn't talk about it. The only thing Yu made clear was, "No video or photography."

LanDC has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Himuro, Kiske
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Himuro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 am

Eh. You know I could never hate you.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 am

Let's go burn down LanDC and the observatory, so this'll never happen again!

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ChiefNeo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:50 am

Himuro wrote: Out of spite? Nope, not spite.

Shenmue deserves better than failed promises (PC for slacker backer, updated models), false musings from the people who fund it, poor fan communication and messaging.

This is honestly about more than PSX for me like I said. For me it's a culmination of the entire KS campaign. I'm definitely not articulating myself well, but I expect better from Shenmue and especially Suzuki and while the existence of the game is fantastic news, I think there's so many things that could be done better. Will I not shut up until I see that footage for public critique like Mrandyk said? I sure as fuck will. It could be this month, next month, and I still won't stop because this project spent too many goddamn years not being a reality to be treated with the mediocre effort from Awesome Japan and others. The fact that we the fans have to advertise and market this game at this point any time something new comes up speaks for itself. The failed communication between Cedric and the fans was the last straw and just one of the many issues I've had with this project since its inception and I'm sorry if my tone gives off the point that I'm stressed or I'm losing sleep over this (I'm not). I just think Shenmue deserves better and I want the same thing for this game that other Kickstarter's are getting. I see Bloodstained KS thread getting bumped on neogaf all the bloody time and never see the same thing for Shenmue and Shenmue deserves it so much more.

I just want the best for this game and I don't know how to articulate how. I'm not trying to be spiteful. Yes, I have to wait, but I'm sick of waiting.

I would have honestly been fine if this wasn't teased to be at PSX in the first place. It's great that you guys are over it but I'm not and I'm actually worried about the game itself and I will not relent until my fears are assuaged. Yes I trust Peter and LanDC. But if Cedric can't communicate well on the officiality of Shenmue III being at PSX because he had hoped "as a fan" then how would development look like if it's as scattered as the rest of the campaign? From Awesome Japan, to the poor messaging from Cedric, to the lack of actual game updates, I'm worried and the entire project is a giant question mark for me at this point.

Sorry, but I will continue to be critical.

Are you 12? Sorry, I'm coming off as an ass here...but you are coming off as an ignorant child.

You don't understand kickstarter. You don't understand the situation. You know nothing, yet have made up enough of a story in your head to throw what amounts to a hissy fit.

The developers have had monthly updates. They don't even owe you that. Just because you feel like your spoon should be in the bowl of soup the game is suddenly in trouble? A handful of people have already stated over and over again why you are wrong and acting irrationally. Read what people are saying instead of dismissing it and continuing your entitled rants about how everything would be better if they kept the mighty Himuro up to speed.

Run to the press an tell on Ysnet.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 am

Himuro wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

And it's nice that after one sentence you've singled yourself as an asshole.

We aren't all perfect, dear. :heart:

Don't forget fear mongerer. Heaven forbid. :)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 am

LanDC wrote: Don't get too hyped. We don't want a repeat of PSX disappointment. I'm not going to say anything is for certain, because nothing is certain. But they do (or at least did in mid September) intend to publicly show new footage in December. According to Gio Corsi, they never planned to showcase it at PSX, and Yu wants backers to see it first. So, Kickstarter update it is.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE.

I don't care of utter disappointment. All my mental energy is focused on the December update :onfire:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Monkei » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:16 am

BlackHeaven wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Himuro wrote:to the lack of actual game updates

You keep saying this even though it isn't true.

It's like the updates are done only for Shenmue fans rather than communicating anything about the game to newcomers. It's like, why should anyone besides Shenmue fans buy the game? According to the updates I'm not seeing any reason at all. I find it all piss poor, being honest.

This. And that sucks hard because there will come the day we have to point out this reason for the poor sales this game will continue to have.

The updates are meant for the backers, that's the whole point..

Monkei has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:13 am

Can you guys imagine what would seriously happen if Shenmue 3 is still a no-show at E3 2017?

I think YsNet would have to file a restraining order against us if that happened! :onfire:

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Jibby
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:48 am

Will Yu show in this december update the same footage Peter and LanDC saw? Is he showing outdated material on purpose? (Half a year material more or less) Or he will show the last version?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III