To All The Donators of "Shenmue 3" worldwide: Roll Call!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: To All The Donators of "Shenmue 3" worldwide: Roll Call!

Postby Shenmue_Music » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:54 pm

It probably needs $12 million to be honest. Have you seen the stretch goals? The last goal is $11.5 million. And I know it's been said already that they will make it great out of the budget that they already have, but I still feel that we should try our best to help it become the best that it can be. So, let's try to surpass that last stretch goal! 8)
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Shenmue_Music wrote: It probably needs $12 million to be honest. Have you seen the stretch goals? The last goal is $11.5 million. And I know it's been said already that they will make it great out of the budget that they already have, but I still feel that we should try our best to help it become the best that it can be. So, let's try to surpass that last stretch goal! 8)

Yup, $11 million is the last known stretch goal. The real last stretch goal might perfectly be set at $20 million, targeting something like an even more extended Choubu or, more pessimistically, the integration of basic stuff whose we did not even suspect their absence in the initial project as YSnet never communicated on.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Englishhedgehog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Question. Is the KS Budget still the entire budget? Wasn't there talk about Yu getting outside sources? Or did I dream all that up?
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby sand4fish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

This little squabble actually might turn into something beneficial for Shenmue 3 (though maybe not substantial). Well, we'll see..
Now Leroi, let us dissect all this and hopefully come to a resolution:

LeRoi wrote: I don't exactly know what type of significance the word "fully" has to you or where you think I used it but uhhm....

Maybe right here?
LeRoi wrote: But this greatness can not be achieved if the game is not a fully Open-World-Game.

LeRoi wrote:Which says "At 10 Million, it will truly have the features of an open world." Sooooooo.... yeaahhhhh....you know you basically fucked yourself with that comment don't you? xD

Did I really do that to myself? :cry: And here I thought it was pretty vague. So please tell me, was Yu talking about having ALL the features? or maybe just SOME features? May I ask what even THE features of an open world are because it really seems you know what you are talking about.

LeRoi wrote:And who said it has to be GTV 5 like? You always bring that reference up.

Man, I really need to hit my meds again 'cause I swear I only mentioned it once.

LeRoi wrote:But what hes saying is that there won't even be a "small" Open World like in the first two games if he don't hit that mark. Because all the money he got right now goes into the story (which is important too of course), but if you play that game just linearly without any optional things like in the first two games (which in some kinda way also contributing to the feeling of the story) it aint Shenmue. So you'll only get a linear game, that just machines of the story parts. Plus he said the graphics will suffer due to the fact that everything at this point goes right into the story. But I dont speak on graphics now.
Oh and about that 2 Million you were talking bout: That only were the minimum for him to even make SOME KIND of Shenmue 3. He could have made a Shenmue 3 with that Money but a shitty one. I mean hey he could have said he needs even less money then we may have gotten ourselfs a 16-bit Shenmue 3 for the genesis, but at least it says "Shenmue 3" right?...Goddammit dont you people ever think before you post something!...He was givin everybody a financial calculation for the project.

Wow, you seem to know more about what's going on with the project than we initially thought! Are you perhaps or journalist or maybe work at Ysnet at some capacity? Please share with the rest of us the source of all that juicy info, like the thing with the graphics suffering because up till now those $6,3 million were really meant for storytelling costs.
And if I just play the game linearly without any optional things like in the first two games it ain't Shenmue??? Damn, I sure was playing those games the wrong way. Simply mindblown here.
Man, you have really opened my eyes for your cause, and I really understand you better now (of course if you can back up those claims). So please share.

BTW
LeRoi wrote:You dont even know how much I contributed so stop running your mouth! I'm willing to burn another 500 again for this cause

I think I might have an idea... "willing to burn another 500 again" = $500 so far? Can I run my mouth again as reward?

LeRoi wrote:People like this shouldnt even go out of their ways like this, because we could make something big happen All TOGETHER with minimum effort on every site, but NOOOOO people rather running their mouth and being ignorant, but at the same time benefiting without doing shit. So don't hit me with that "Oh you cant ask people for 47 because they cant effort it" and "glad we dont have to show our contributions". You dont even know how much I contributed so stop running your mouth! I'm willing to burn another 500 again for this cause, but this time ONLY if I got enough people with me that doing it with me (with their 47 dollars of course).

Alright, just for you I will stop being ignorant and will not just run my mouth. I get it. It's literally about HOW MUCH people are willing to contribute before we do so, of course, because we can't just have people benefiting from it without doing shit (even if some are more invested on the game than others or more financially able to). That's simply logical. So as a thanks for so much clarification, let me show you my contribution to the cause and have you part ways with your $500 you are willing to burn with a peace of mind (knowing that others contributed as much if not more).

And if you ever decide to continue donating to the campaign, as I know you will because you are not just talk as the poster boy for the $10 million joint cause (right?), we can play this game of "who's really contributing" and I will be more than willing to show you more contributions. But of course, you have to match at least a similar amount to what other members and I spent right? Because we simply can't have others benefiting from it without doing shit, as your motto goes, so you should understand. And just like that, we might get a little closer to those $10 million like you wanted in your OP and we all benefit from the game. Now let's really see who's just running their mouth. :D

PS.
LeRoi wrote:"I'm just driving a toyota but i will use my creativity to make it look like a buggati". If you aint got at least half a mill on deck there is no bugatti.

There was no mentioning of a REAL Bugatti in your little analogy BTW. I just got you what you asked of me. It looks like a Bugatti and it doesn't cost even close to half a million. Pretty creative if you ask me.

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote: Question. Is the KS Budget still the entire budget? Wasn't there talk about Yu getting outside sources? Or did I dream all that up?

The KS budget's never been the entire budget. There are private investors, the largest being Shibuya Productions. Crowdfunding forms the largest contribution to development though.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote: Question. Is the KS Budget still the entire budget? Wasn't there talk about Yu getting outside sources? Or did I dream all that up?

The KS budget's never been the entire budget. There are private investors, the largest being Shibuya Productions. Crowdfunding forms the largest contribution to development though.

That does not affect the way to deal with our problematic though, since the stretch goals take into accounts the additional funds. But I suspect that YSnet managed to get some more private money during the development as Yu Suzuki said he could finally improve the game more than expected at the same point (2x2km becoming 4x4km, voice acting fully applied, ragdoll)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

That does not affect the way to deal with our problematic though, since the stretch goals take into accounts the additional funds. But I suspect that YSnet managed to get some more private money during the development as Yu Suzuki said he could finally improve the game more than expected at the same point (2x2km to 4x4km, full voice acting, ragdoll)

Did he ever confirm Full Voice Acting?
I remember him saying something along the lines of "I'd like to do it"
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: Did he ever confirm Full Voice Acting?

I don't think he ever did. But it is confirmed that both actors for Ryo are in the game, Corey Marshall and Matsukaze. Though we don't really know the full capacity of their roles, it would be simply crazy expensive to have Full Voice Acting in both English and Japanese, even if it's a region distribution thing.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Oh I think you're right. I remember taking his "I'd like to do it" as a vast improvement because the idea seemed to be out of the question the first time Yu mentioned it.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 pm

I've already donated all I can. To subsidize my wanting to donate more, I go to conventions and promote the game to everyone I can.

shengoro86 has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, sand4fish, Yokosuka
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:46 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote: Did he ever confirm Full Voice Acting?

I don't think he ever did. But it is confirmed that both actors for Ryo are in the game, Corey Marshall and Matsukaze. Though we don't really know the full capacity of their roles, it would be simply crazy expensive to have Full Voice Acting in both English and Japanese, even if it's a region distribution thing.

Eh, i wouldn't imagine it being too expensive, considering we know that the amount of NPCs in III will be limited compared to past titles.

Plus, they can always hire cheap voice actors.

Shenmue without voice acting would be too jarring.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: Eh, i wouldn't imagine it being too expensive, considering we know that the amount of NPCs in III will be limited compared to past titles.

You think so? I hope you are right. It would be certainly jarring, specially when at the time I used the game to showcase to friends what the future of gaming would be like. Well, I guess they can always go the Simpsons route, with like 5 actors voicing an entire population of a city.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote: Eh, i wouldn't imagine it being too expensive, considering we know that the amount of NPCs in III will be limited compared to past titles.

You think so? I hope you are right. It would be certainly jarring, specially when at the time I used the game to showcase to friends what the future of gaming would be like. Well, I guess they can always go the Simpsons route, with like 5 actors voicing an entire population of a city.

They tried that with oblivion. It sucks.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby punkmanced » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 am

There’s no reason or excuse that could possibly justify excluding full voice acting from the finished game.

Hell, if it came down to it, they could probably just run a “your voice in Shenmue” contest (or reward tier) for all the NPCs. And let’s not forget Joel Tess’ possible contribution (main role, obviously).

The point is- it’s the 21st century. They can’t possibly fuck that up.
(…or can they?)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 am

punkmanced wrote: There’s no reason or excuse that could possibly justify excluding full voice acting from the finished game.

Hell, if it came down to it, they could probably just run a “your voice in Shenmue” contest (or reward tier) for all the NPCs. And let’s not forget Joel Tess’ possible contribution (main role, obviously).

The point is- it’s the 21st century. They can’t possibly fuck that up.
(…or can they?)

If they don't do full voice acting in the game I'm confident the fans will hack the game and do the voices themselves.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III