will we get an update?
will they be satisfactory?

cause at this stage the fanbase is in dire need of a good update
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:51 am

Two years ago we were in dire need of a good update.

Now we'd just like to see this, that, or the other. The game is being made either way.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:27 am

I'm not sure I understand the talk about "satisfactory" updates or what the fanbase wants. It's not like a sub-set of hungry fans speak for the whole community.

It does help separate those thinking long term vs short term, though.

I have no doubt in my mind those who want a big update will eventually get what they want, but they're not getting it before it's ready. There's no point hand-wringing or getting mad about it.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 am

With the game being scheduled to be released by the end of the year, backers rightfully expect by March either footage of the game in final stages or a delay with an apology.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:29 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: With the game being scheduled to be released by the end of the year, backers rightfully expect by March either footage of the game in final stages or a delay with an apology.

You'll struggle to find any video game genuinely in its "final stages" 9 months away from a proposed release window.

Don't let promotional materials inform you of how advanced a game is, because I guarantee you 90% of the time it is smoke and mirrors. Case in point: Final Fantasy 15's 2013 E3 reveal. Looked pretty advanced, but it was all bullshit ginned up for a press conference and would take another three and a half years to release.

Don't put an arbitrary date on when you expect to see footage by either, because you'll likely just set yourself up for disappointment and anger.

What we want to see is coming, but it really is just a case of being patient.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: KidMarine
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fireredpoop » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: With the game being scheduled to be released by the end of the year, backers rightfully expect by March either footage of the game in final stages or a delay with an apology.

We are on the same level.
The silent is immense , and the updates that we get are just void.
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 am

I don't think we have a right to see anything. I think this is just impatience on the part of some fans. I have confidence that when it is shown, we will feel a lot better about the state of the project.

I think some screens would suffice; hell, just a picture of Ryo's final model would be fine for me.

Some games have gone dark for a long time'--FFVII was shown way too early, the Resident Evil 2 Remake was announced two years ago and nothing yet. I do not see backlash towards those titles for lack of substance.

Yu will not show it until he feels it is in ideal position for himself and the people who backed it. I really, really do not think anything will be truly shown in motion until E3 to be honest.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:25 am

Jesus Christ.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Valascaziel wrote: I don't think we have a right to see anything.

We certainly have the right to know our money is being used to develop the game and in what stage the game is. It's better to tell people now that the initial release schedule won't be met than to do it mighty number 9 style in December.

Regardless, I do think a substantial upgrade is coming soon with actual gameplay not just screenshots.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:We certainly have the right to know our money is being used to develop the game and in what stage the game is. It's better to tell people now that the initial release schedule won't be met than to do it mighty number 9 style in December.

This assumes that YSnet doesn't believe December 2017 is achievable, which is currently not the case.

Cedric hasn't had any information about a delay on his end (in spite of not knowing the game's exhibition plans, being a majority investor would absolutely make you privy to a delay notification), and that's backed up by Ryan Payton saying as recently as last December that Yu is still gunning for a 2017 release.

If YSnet have not announced a delay, it is because they still believe they can hit their target window. They'd be in a much better position to judge, as opposed to navel-gazing forum users like us.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
Valascaziel wrote: I don't think we have a right to see anything.

We certainly have the right to know our money is being used to develop the game and in what stage the game is.

We really don't. It would be smart and fanbase friendly of them to let us know every now and then of course. But they don't have to. They don't even have to ship the game if they for some reason aren't able to. That's how Kickstarter works, you give your money in good faith, hope for the best and are ready to accept the worst.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KidMarine » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Spaghetti wrote:

You'll struggle to find any video game genuinely in its "final stages" 9 months away from a proposed release window.

Don't let promotional materials inform you of how advanced a game is, because I guarantee you 90% of the time it is smoke and mirrors. Case in point: Final Fantasy 15's 2013 E3 reveal. Looked pretty advanced, but it was all bullshit ginned up for a press conference and would take another three and a half years to release.

Don't put an arbitrary date on when you expect to see footage by either, because you'll likely just set yourself up for disappointment and anger.

What we want to see is coming, but it really is just a case of being patient.

Smartest post in this thread. When you see a complete looking game at E3, either it's a few months away from launch or what you're seeing has been specifically worked on just to be shown off and the rest of the game is nowhere near that state. Which is frankly a waste of resources even for a major studio, never mind one with limited funds.

KidMarine has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby fireredpoop » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 pm

the thing is we didnt get anything at all when it comes down to it. those screenshots were all photoshopped and what we had before were july templates. the only update in my opinion we got were the cgi movies on e3 the day shenmue 3 was announced. The way i see it is that we need something real. a microdemo that anyone can play. walking fps in a room without revealing a face of ryo. opening drawers looking at how the sushi looks. or they could reveal the actual final looking face of ryo. (not the other characters) anything of a kind that is called raw material will do.

Look at system shock 1 remake. there is a prototype demo on steam. now that is a good impression. look people who gonna bash shenmue will bash regardless. i think yu suzuki got too distracted by the evil ones. this game could sell a million. There are still a lot of sega fans that left console gaming the day sega died on us. more over i even stumbled on of those kinds and he was like what? is shenmue really coming? but you couldnt really cater him with new raw material.

too secretive is not the way to go. and i do not wanna go hyve minded with you guys and pretend to be patient( we paid to the extend of 6.7 mil. i do not need a thank you. just progress that is all
fireredpoop
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:29 pm

C'mon Karim. We know it's you.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Spaghetti wrote: C'mon Karim. We know it's you.

The fact that it's a brand new account. He said that he knew Karimov (waves) and then went on to say that he's a friend/good guy is a DEAD giveaway haha.

delvec19 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III