Search found 176 matches

Return

Re: Yakuza series

Stop cyberbullying me or I'll report you.
by south carmain
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

but in all it shames you a little by your assessment of it by calling someone "delusional" with such ease.
I'm all for criticism, I don't like the first model shown in this update at all, but to think that the animation won't improve over the test we're shown here or the character models won't improve even though Yu says they're placeholders, well then you're ignorant at best. Sorry.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3owvKgeLlPXWv67W7u/giphy.gif
This but with slightly better models is all I want from the game aesthetically, and more than I thought possible. If it looks this good I'll be over the moon.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best character model of Ryo (poll).

They may be derived from the same model, but they're not actually the same.
The Ryo in 1 and 4 are almost identical renders...

Also, I don't like the Passport model. Ryo looks very weird in that one so I'm not gonna include that. Definitely no to the Saturn and still early Shenmue III models.
I don't see why this needs to be a poll if you're going to omit the options that you don't personally like. Surely it would be better just to ask people to post their favourite model and forgo the poll if you're not going to include all of the choices.
by Jibby
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So an update on 6 here.

I've discovered Salty Yen in the past 3 days and have been using his videos side by side, when I'm playing the game, so the cutscenes are synced and all that jazz.

The story has become utterly brilliant and I'm super glad that they finally did what I wished for them to do and make the stry centered around Yakuza vs. Triads, albeit not in the way I imagined.

Anyways, seeing Salty Yen's (INITIAL, as he changed his opinion almost 180 in the next video) opinion and the opinions of many others, I now know why people say the story sucks/not good etc.; they are utterly, 100% wrong in their reasoning. People have placed these characters on pedestals and because the writers have written them to do things out of the norm, the story is deemed, "bad," when in reality, people just don't like it.

Therefore, I urge anyone and everyone who gets the game once its translated, please give it a chance and dispell any pre-conceived notions that you may have about the game and story; take note of the evolutionary changes and just the evolution of the series in general and then form an opinion.

I (and I know I'm not the only one) don't want to see this series dead in the water, in the West again and the massive backlash from fans, simply because THEY DON'T LIKE the evolution of the series and not because things are objectively bad, may be one of the things that does it in, especially since this is Kiryu's last title and they are starting over of sorts, with Ichiban.

Anyways, Takeshi is simply awesome, his character is awesome and the story has become intriguing and has kept me wanting more; the more and more I play it, the more and more I think that 6 is up there with 3, 5 and 0 as the best in the series.

EDIT: So I just watched the first 5 minutes of Yen's "Review," video of the game and he flipped back to his previous notion that the story was stupid :???: :evil: Whatever.
by Truck_1_0_1_
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kiwami 2 is looking great in 6's engine. definitely looking forward to playing through this.
phpBB [video]
by south carmain
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Tom Johnson Black?

Tom is American, originally from Jamaica. Is that right?

Basically, "American" and "Jamaican" are nationalities, not races. "Black" is a pretty relative term, depending on who you ask. Skin color may or may not be the only factor in someone being considered "black" or not.

A friend from Jamaica with very dark skin and "African features" told me once they weren't "black", which didn't make sense to me but I didn't care either so whatever. But I wasn't making a vid...

I think most of us find the variety of skin color, hair and features of people beautiful and interesting, and not a basis for social issues, (honestly I don't even like the word race anymore because, we aren't different, just minor difference in looks, and not even that much) but the world is a strange place and sadly issues exist. Portraying races in media can get volatile fast.

I haven't seen the vid yet, but I'd say, for fun, Tom or any character could be portrayed by an actor of any appearance and background, though for absolute accuracy, either (1) a Jamaican person with dreads, a cool Jamaican accent and skin tone close to Tom's, or (2) for ABSOLUTE best accuracy, a Canadian voice actor with a bad dreadlocks wig and ridiculous Jamaican accent.

Tom isn't very dark but I think his character is really cool because of portraying a "foreigner" in 80s Japan being a friend of the protagonist- it adds depth. And someone who went from Jamaica-America-Japan, entrepreneur, a real on his own, self made man with a great attitude.. Well we all love Tom don't we, I think if he's portrayed with love, anyone who's triggered is going to be triggered by anything. Tom would want you to make the vids lol
by Elevensixty
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Despite not having prominent black facial features (e.g., Smith Bradley or Honey Johnson), yes, Tom is black, unless he 'identifies' as purple or something :lol:
by ShenGCH
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He could be mixed as in having both both black and white parents. I always thought his "Jamaican" accent rather forced though.
by Cyberman
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone,

I have a dumb question, and if I offend anyone, then please understand that I don't teally mean to.

I'm currently working on a follow-up to our short film Shenmue: 'Suka High called Shenmue: Yokosuka Blues. The short features Goro and Tom. I posted a picture of myself and my cousin in costume, portraying Goro and Tom. I received a text not long after from my other cousin saying I should be careful posting pictures of the Tom costume because people may be offended. Keep in mind that the cousin who texted me this is the definition of "offended by EVERYTHING ".

Now, growing up with the game, I never thought Tom was a black character. American, yes. But at the very least ethnically ambiguous. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. But I just wanted to question the Shenmue fandom, as this is ultimately who we are making this film for, abd your opinons matter to me.

Wait, you're THE Leroy Nguyen? Wow, all this time I never realised that. Glad to see a guy like you on the forums, I'm sure we all appreciate it. Loved 'Suka High by the way!
by Shenmue_Legend
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why does it matter if he's black or mixed? Is it about what actor you want to cast as Tom? I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've watched your first film. The Ryo actor you cast there doesn't look Japanese at all and the film is still awesome.

Don't worry about the ethnicity. Just cast your actors and I'm sure you'll do even better than the first film, which was already great.
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the 0 trophy?

Haven't played Kiwami yet. PS4 still broke unfortunately.
https://s1.postimg.org/2njdr6wzjj/001.png

Did I forget to show this one? I certainly don't forget to polish it..

Bravo.

Kiwami is awesome; love the facelift that 1 was given and I love the addition of Mushi King (played it in Japan and it was INTENSE).

Don't like the addition of Pocket Circuit (though how they tied in the stories from 0 was fantastic), especially since it is tons more difficult and Majima Everywhere got old in the 7th chapter.

Oh and Nagoshi wanted to remix the songs to be more modern... WELL THEY'RE WORSE!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Scarlet Scar was an acoustic wonder, now the guitar is drowned out :evil:

I also thought the Pocket Circuit stories were quite funny, even though the activity itself was a grind.

The only previous experience I had of the first Yakuza was a single playthrough on a borrowed PS2, so the whole game was rather fresh to me. Same with Yakuza 2. Many thanks still to Henry for sending me the game as a birthday present!

What I really hope is they don't remix the Blue Scar Blues song from Yakuza 2 in the next Kiwami remake. So fond of that song I still listen occasionally now..

https://youtu.be/fHPJDXe2Xic
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In the Valley of Gods

My favourite thing about Firewatch was the interaction between the two characters. I didn’t care much for the mystery and enjoyed them just developing a relationship rather then when they were investigating.
by Riku Rose
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

I really enjoyed VII and thought Rogue One was good although not 100% needed but I did not enjoy VIII.

It’s not as bad as the prequels but there are certain things that are almost as bad and it’s not good when I’m sitting there for sections of the film thinking this reminds me of the prequels. There are so many plot holes that it just makes it seem like everyone in the film is stupid as they could avoid 90% of the problems by talking. One twist had no reason to be a secret from the characters other then to surprise the audience. It’s also nice that the force can just do anything that is convient for the plot of the film now, even when it contradicts itself.

People seem to be praising this movie for taking risks but I don’t get it, doing something a little daring doesn’t automatically make it good because it’s surprising. I saw Luke at the end of the Force Awakens and thought he was going to be now the Obi Wan/Yoda figure but he doesn’t seem to have matured since Return of the Jedi. None of the characters have developed since the last film and none move forward at all in this one in terms of development. It really feels like they didn’t know what to do with the characters or couldn’t do much because of where they need them for Episode IX. You could also tell what toys they’re planning to sell this Christmas. At least BB8 and Ewoks contributed to the plots of the films but there are a few parts of the films where they clearly threw an animal in which contributed nothing to make a toy or show a few seconds of a scene which will probably be a comic.

Star Wars has always had humour but this felt like they was trying to make a Marvel film as there was a joke almost every minute, I love Marvel films but it really doesn’t suit Star Wars. There was serious moments completely ruined by someone making a joke that completely ruined any substance behind it.

My order of best to worst:
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Force Awakens
A New Hope
Rogue One
Last Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
by Riku Rose
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games similar to Shenmue or Yakuza?

I can't say for defo coz I've never played it past the opening five seconds, but people often point to Omikron/The Nomad Soul.

Others on here will try to convince you to play Deadly Premonition too. Don't. It's shite.

Sleeping Dogs I haven't actually played, but just looks like a GTA game set in Hong Kong with martial arts. If anything it'd be a GTA-Yakuza hybrid. Similarly L.A. Noire could be considered a cross between GTA and Shenmue, but that'd be a bit of a stretch.

When it comes down to it though, I genuinely don't know of any game completely similar to Shenmue. It'd require interconnected areas, heavy focus on freedom within reason, a late 20th century setting, attention to detail in the cinematography, a huge number of unique NPCs, a constant sense of uncertainty even when faced with familiarity, and of course combat, interactive cut scenes (not necessarily QTE) and a host of mini games.

No game, to my knowledge, has all that.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

Looks great but you should post it outside of the community projects forums since no one comes in here.
by south carmain
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

simply awesome, loved it.
by south carmain
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very nicely done \:D/
No doubts about the music tracks, but I wouldn't have guessed the sound effects would be so nice on filmed material :king:
Thanks for sharing.
by Niowiad
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fight choreography was really well done, and the voice acting fitted perfectly.
by Switch
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES | A Shenmue Fan-Film

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dude. Absolutely amazing!!!! Thank you so much for this!

One thing I REALLY love about this film is how it answers a question not mentioned in the games. What the fudge has Goro been up to. And the nod to Tom was awesome too!

I nearly teared up at this.

Awesome. 10/10
by shengoro86
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely fucking fantastic! Like Shenmue: The Gang Edition , this was clearly made for fans by fans, and will only ever really be understood by the aforementioned.

I love all the little idiosyncrasies:-

- Low quality audio dub
- Iffy lip-syncing
- Nagashima's abrupt, mid-sentence pauses
- Enoki's 'brothers' making an appearance, complete with the dude with yellow shades
- Shenmue sound effects and grunt sounds

The choreography is very well done, too! Hopefully Shenmue III 's will be as smooth and cinematic :D
by ShenGCH
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Gameplay Trailer

This can be reported on YouTube as spam and misleading content.

If you watch the video to the end you will see it is a humorous video. Its a well put together, shenmue influenced fan made video... don't be so uptight. I thought Shenmue fans would like the in game joke at the end.
You don't understand. The title and thumbnail appear as an official video. But it isn't. That is misleading content. It doesn't matter if there's a reveal at the end. You still wasted the viewer's time if they didnt know it was fan made.
by BlueCreeperBoy12
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interview with Shenmue 2 Designer: Norikazu Hirai

SEGA recently published an interview with one of the designers who worked on Shenmue II, Norikazu Hirai.

I've translated the part where he talks about his Shenmue work. It turns out that he is the person who was responsible for designing the Sword of Seven Stars. He also reveals that Yu Suzuki's original concept for it was actually a "Dagger" of Seven Stars!

https://i.imgur.com/G2o1nKrl.png

Link to interview translation:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/02/interview-with-shenmue-ii-designer.html
by Switch
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Here's a video of the entire presentation, it's in French so hopefully someone will provide a complete translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGZktkL5q-I

It's really frustrating to see how unprofessionally this was presented. Isn't it time for Yu and his team to realise that entire gaming world is watching and judging ??
I honestly want to believe that this will end up being a great game, and I keep ending up with disappointment time after time, I hope this will change with what they'll show later on ...
by Technophilz
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWy1D4gX0AAyLJH.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWy1NiPW0AEHynk.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWy1VNLXkAA2VxG.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWy1cTAXkAEHS3x.jpg:large
by ShenSun
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote:

^Interesting.. I like it but I need a HD version of this trailer with better quality. QTE system looks good and Ryo's persona seems more brighter.

That's the best I could find.

phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The extended trailer is actually cool.. I know everyone is disappointed with not seeing gameplay,but i think they will get around to it eventually. Just don't dwell on it. Its gonna happen. This just shows that Yu-san is a perfectionist. He doesn't display anything unless its the final product or at least close to it.

Edit: They really need to release a High Quality trailer of this..
by *Kenshin Himura*
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: What we hope to happen in Shenmue III

I just hope Ryo himself does not get any weird Chi/magic powers or at the very least, nothing too out there too soon. If this turns into Dragon Ball Z or even Street Fighter I am going to be highly upset. Also I would prefer it to go back to Japan, but I simply do not see it happening. I love Japan and prefer the first game because of it. It was a big world, but always something interesting to see. Part two had an even bigger world, but half the time I felt like I was lost and trudging through it and pointlessly. Besides that just more arcade games, although being out in the middle of no where it may be quite boring... 8-[
by Jerid'sRamenShop
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil VII

Is it just me, or have the Biohazard dev teams never really figured out how to animate mouths properly for some reason?
The lip syncing always looked weird to me in earlier games, but I always figured it was some kind of quirk of the graphics engine or something. But I just watched a bit of the opening for this one (seriously, just go take a peek on youtube or something), and it's still just as present as ever. Possibly stranger than before, too, since the graphics are generally more realistic, yet still have that problem anyway.
It's like they never figured out how lips, teeth, and tongues actually work in conjunction with each other. The mouths always look like the person should have a speech impediment of some kind, like a lisp or something, and yet the voices coming out of them are totally normal.
It's just weird to me because this isn't some common videogame problem, or even a Capcom problem; it's just something I've always noticed in the Resident Evil series specifically. Graphics engines change, entire dev teams change... and yet the problem is always there.
Did somebody put a really weird curse on the series or something? I can't imagine they just have the same confused guy doing mouth animation across every game for over a decade...
by OL
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Language barrier theory

Abraham_1 wrote:Another one I can think of is how Tom says he’s leaving for America tomorrow and yet he appears to board a plane there that night.

I think the plane shown in the cutscene is just a symbol. It's not the one that Tom is actually supposed to be on. It admittedly confused me too.
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

It didn't mean to entirely miss to buzz around Magic but it was still a somewhat concieous decsion of mine not to look on the computer too much. Seems I didn't miss too much.

As I have started to not expect too much from the updates I wasn't hoping for something big at all but this still felt very light on content even with that mentalitly. I like the new screenshots and some of the extra footage in the extended trailer is great and I'd say better stuff than what was shown to everyone in the regular trailer but it's still old old footage and it's still not uploaded by them for the general public. Still need to know what Yu was saying and the subsequent new interviews but if they aren't holding back a lot of stuff the whole 20th anniversary release thing seems another bit more likely.
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MAGIC Interviews

Found one that was just published.

Google Translate into English: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=https://gamersflag.com/article/interview-quelques-questions-a-yu-suzuki-lors-magic-2018/

Original French: https://gamersflag.com/article/interview-quelques-questions-a-yu-suzuki-lors-magic-2018/
by mjq jazz bar
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Gameplay Trailer

Reporting this video to the mods. Hopefully they will do the right thing and get this piece of shit off of Shenmue Dojo.
by darksniper
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Fan Made Trailer

Hi SPG!!!

Just wanted to say, big time Shenmue fan and long time lurker of the Shenmue Dojo.

Needed to create an account to say you are just an absolute cum stain on a matress and you have known what you have been doing from the start. Acting all inocent and then bumping your own topic. Perhaps a dick is more the best word. you hould check out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/comments

thats the shenmue 3 kickstarter page comments section. its full of cunts like you. you know, the same type of troll cunts who mash together footage of other games like Sleeping Dogs, and try to brag about it on a select forum. 1000? likes? yawn. my channel as over 2 million, with some of my individual videos having over 100,00 views.

like i said, cum stain on a mattress. in the run up to shenmue 3, is there anything being doine around here???????
by FOT
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

|Shenmue 3 Hype| Shenmue Combo/FREE Battle Compliation

phpBB [video]

In celebration for Shenmue III coming out this year(God willing), I've compiled up a combo video showing off the amazing Virtua Fighter FREE Battle System featured in Shenmue I and Shenmue II. Let's get sweaty!
by TheKenjitoMaster
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This game constantly fails to amaze me...

Just to save anyone else the trouble, I looked at his channel and all the featured videos are insults toward various popular franchises... all with fewer than 100 views. His dis of Crash Bandicoot seems to be the most popular with 78 views. :roll: Just another wannabe Youtuber trying to use trolling strategies that stopped working three or more years ago.
by Centrale
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A day late and a dollar short, the video is already out... O_o Well this Tom looks good enough anyway so all that was for nothing. :mrgreen: Good job with the video by the way. =D>
by Jerid'sRamenShop
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Between shenmue 3 and getting 2 Yakuza games a year I have no idea what to bitch about online anymore.
by south carmain
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

August 28th!

Must be the quickest Japanese to English localisation turnaround so far since Kiwami 2 was announced for Japan late last year?
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Totally random thing here, but it just occurred to me: I really, really hope the dub for Shenmue III doesn't include a ton of "wink to the audience" nods to the old dubs. With as long as Shenmue has been around, it's had plenty of time to gain a reputation on phrases like "let's get sweaty," Ryo asking about sailors and whatnot, that kind of shit. I just really hope the English voice actors don't feel the need to call back to that stuff, like they think they're being clever or something. I hope the dub is played totally straight, just like the first two games were.

I'll probably opt for the Japanese track anyway (long as it's included), but I'd still prefer not to have anything groan-inducing like that from the English one.
by OL
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic