Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

A quick overview/explanation of Reddit and how it works:

The main reddit page is a list of all the highest voted things of the day. Basically, people can post an item on different "sub reddits", which is a smaller section of reddit that is specifically for one subject. So for example you can have reddit.com/r/gaming which is huge, or you can have stuff like reddit.com/r/shenmue.

After creating an account (for free) anyone can go to these reddits and submit an item. This can be anything from a line of text (like a question or something) to a video, a link to a website, an image, or pretty much anything.

As a visitor to the site, you can Upvote or Downvote the content that people have posted by clicking the up and down arrow on the left side of the page, next to the title name. Reddit when then take into account the upvote to downvote ratio and will display this item on the Sub reddit that it is in.

So for example, I've posted some thoughts on the Shenmue Sub-reddit, (http://www.reddit.com/r/Shenmue/comments/3a75z1/shenmue_3_kickstarter_45_million_is_not_the_end/). If you look on the top right of the screen you can see that it has 24 points, with 95% upvotes. If that is a higher than the other items on the sub-reddit, it will be higher on the page, and will stay around for longer.

Another thing to mention, is that you can comment on any of the items with your thoughts (a lot of discussion goes on here) and people can also upvote or downvote your comments.

I hope that helps, if you need more help let me know and ill be happy to help out :)
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

This is really strange I know, but I've never used Reddit, I don't know what it is or how to use it. How can I access Yu Suzuki's Q+A tomorrow on the website? The layout is pretty confusing to me. Is there anyway we can submit our questions in advance on the reddit website?

No you can't submit in advance. Sign up and tomorrow when his AMA goes up, post a question in it. What confuses you about the layout? Maybe I can help?

Thanks Himuro. To be honest I can't work out exactly how the website actually works. I'm not really sure what Reddit actually is.

I go onto http://www.reddit.com and i'm just greeted with a list of different topics down the main page, just seems a bit confusing. Is it just a website where people comment any certain topics? :???:

(Feel like I'm starting to show my age lol)

The subreddit where Yu will likely show is either r/gaming or r/iama

You can see them here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming

and

http://www.reddit.com/r/iama
by Himuro
Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

i think sony will support the game but the degree to which they will do so is dependent on how well the kick starter does.

the kick starter is SUPER SUPER important. negotiations with other funders is by no means complete, so if the kickstarter does super well it will give potential investors more confidence to commit further funding.
by johnvivant
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In all honesty we need to keep donating what we can.

This is the only chance that we are going to get. It's time to put our money where our mouth is. If we raise a lot then I'm sure it will give a lot of confidence to Sony and the other backers.
by b_ren
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I've said in a previous thread, the fact of the matter is, NONE OF US know exactly how much external funding this game is getting. It's all speculation at the moment, that's as much as we do know!

Until that time comes, all we have is the KickStarter, that's the only thing at the moment that is giving us real monetary values!

That's why we cannot assume that others are heavily funding this game until we know for sure. From the sounds of things we will never know for sure.

Therefore we MUST keep promoting the KickStarter and getting the word out there. That's the only option we have. We can't take the risk of making assumptions that others are behind this heavily!

Nailed it! None of us can claim to know specifics, and that leaves a single option choice: to fund and fund and fund as much as possible through the Kickstarter.

Worst case scenario if we do that? We send them a bunch more money than they planned for, and we have a better game in the end. Worst case scenario if we stop funding, as some sites and individuals are recommending, the game scores far less money than expected, interest dwindles, Sony and others back out, and we have nothing (or at least a very low budget game) to show for it. We can't afford the latter scenario! We've waited far too long!
by ShinChuck
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

This is great news if you ask me, I don't want him to rush this at all. Stick to the original vision.
by KidMarine
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artwork

These were all tweeted between 9 and 4 hours ago 8)

リワードの追加ですが、ただいま準備中、 少々お待ちを!#saveshenmue
"Additional rewards are currently under preparation, a little wait! #saveshenmue"

"ストレッチゴール近日公開!"
"Stretch goal coming soon!"

S3イメージ 涼&シェンファ@白鹿村
"S3 image cool & Sheng FA @ pengzhou village"

http://i.imgur.com/8WEpHaM.png
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic