Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Finally saw Logan and loved it. Best X-Men movie so far. OL already summed it up nicely, leaving only one thing positive and a minor criticism for me to add:
Every scene with Dafne Keen/Laura/X23 in it was pure joy. Those humorous bits of father/daughter dynamic as well as everytime she went into rage mode and ripped bad guys apart. That first action scene where they shoot her with the harpoon and she keeps going - fucking badass.

EDIT: Oh, one minor and possibly nitpicky criticism though, a logic issue. How does an adamantium bullet to the brain kill X24? Wouldn't his skull und brain heal as usual, with only a chunk of adamantium missing from his head from then on? Why was Logan planning to shoot himself with that bullet? Couldn't he have shot himself in the eye with a normal bullet instead? Depends on what about that headshot would have killed him of course, the brain damage or the adamantium skull cracking. Now that I'm thinking about this - X24 even does get shot in the eye and doesn't die from it. Aren't magical bullets a taboo since X-Men Origins: Wolverine?
Sure, Logan is kind of a wolfman, and a silver bullet seems like a fitting way to end his life, but another problem this thing is creating is a situation similar to Luke Cage on Netflix. If there are bullets for the invulnerable, then they're not really invulnerable anymore. That's really as unimaginative as it gets when trying to find a way to threaten the life of characters like these. Oh well.
I get that it's pretty tricky to write a way to die for a character with such powers, and it isn't really bothering me that much at all. I was just wondering.
by Monkei
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Outcast: Second Contact

Outcast: Second Contact, a remake of the 1999-released cult PC game Outcast, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in March 2017, Bigben Interactive and Appeal Studio announced.

The remake features “cutting-edge graphics and reworked controls.” Players take on the role of Cutter Slade as he explores the landscapes of Planet Adelpha in attempt to pierce its secrets in order to prevent a terrible catastrophe, and along the way uncover a number of things that will “surprise even fans of the original.”
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/outcast-second-contact-launches-march-2017-ps4-xbox-one-pc-first-screenshots

New footage to be shown at Gamescom apparently. I'm hyped. :D

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/outcast-second-contact/august-12-2016/Outcast-Second-Contact_2016_08-12-16_001.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/outcast-second-contact/august-12-2016/Outcast-Second-Contact_2016_08-12-16_002.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/outcast-second-contact/august-12-2016/Outcast-Second-Contact_2016_08-12-16_003.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/outcast-second-contact/august-12-2016/Outcast-Second-Contact_2016_08-12-16_004.jpg
by Monkei
Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got Sonic & Sega All Star Transformed on sale

Really a great, great game. Played the hell out of it (and its predecessor). Too bad the Ryo DLC never came to consoles...
by Monkei
Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

The Guilin section of Shenmue II is my favorite section of a game ever made. It's so beautiful in its contrast to the rest of the series with its sights AND sounds. The fateful meeting, the ambient music, the conversations, the easy-going tone of it, the mystery of the stone cave. I just love it so much. Watching the Game Informer video of it has been a big reminder of that. Anyone else feel similarly?
jep, i feel the same way about it :)

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
by Monkei
Sun May 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

Since it seems like Shenmue 3 will start at the beginning of the Guilin section of Shenmue 2, are you guys gonna rush through it to find out as quickly as possible what happens after the cave or will you take your time to take in all of the sights remade in modern graphics?
ill take my time with it for sure.. play it like shenmue I, where i spent hours an hours exploring the hazuki residence or the streets nearest to it, knocking on every door and trying to do everything the game had to offer :)

by Monkei
Sun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can you please add me to the Dojo PSN community?

neo shredder? :)

by Monkei
Fri May 26, 2017 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue II better than Shenmue I?

I generally look at this series as a one whole thing, but for fun, what did you enjoy more about shenmue II more than Shenmue I?
great question. shenmue 2 is bigger, more positive. dobuita expands to hong kong and guilin. ryo makes friends in another country, friendships are formed that will last. ryo gets closer to his goal. explores the world.

by Monkei
Wed May 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

Those of you who believe there is some kind of god: What do you think we are? Wouldn't you agree that we're the current final result of everything that's come before? Whatever you guys do, think, or say next is.. what is it? Is it random? Or the only thing that could happen? Where does the thought or action come from?

And secondly: What do you imagine your gods to be? Something that can be imagined? Described? Like something mortal, earthly? Because in my teens I was always of the opinion that a god would have to be something impossible to grasp by the human mind. Yet those ideas of a big guy who judges, forgives, punishes, builds, destroys are all extremely primitive and human if you put them in contrast to what a godlike entity should be. What limits do your gods have? Are they restricted by time and space?

If you seriously start considering things like these, can you still find room for your gods and beliefs?

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that I'm of the opinion that you can only believe as long as you don't think about the details.. you gotta be really vague in how you imagine the universe and how your god actually works in order for it to work.
by Monkei
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

^ I feel sorry for you. And you're creeping me out. I guess you didn't have many options being raised that way, but I still hope you'll manage to see through those things someday.
by Monkei
Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Spaghetti wrote: Maybe I'm seeing things, but on the wide shot of Ryo from the Mr Muscles fight, does it say "S3" on the side of his shoe?

Shenmue III confirmed.
by Monkei
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blade Runner 2049

^ Haven't seen the original Blade Runner (I know, I know), but I liked Hauer in Hobo with a Shotgun! :D
by Monkei
Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic