Search found 883 matches

Return

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Too long! Heck, I'm old enough to remember when Ziming was Hellraiser, Bambi was Baihu and Sonikku was... a dude. :shock:
by Sonikku
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Not gonna lie, I like Peter despite his faults. He doesn't strike me so much as a person out to screw people to make a quick buck, but rather an extremely passionate and ambitious man who's visions and dreams are so grand in scale that they often end up exceeding his grasp. It seems almost tragic to me though how much he apparently neglects his family for the staggering number of hours he pours into his projects. Just to be loathed and called a liar with little to show for it.
by Sonikku
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic 25th reveals - Sonic Mania and 'Project Sonic 2017

The ring isn't actually gold, if that helps. Says so in small print at the end of the retro trailer. :lol:

Doesn't matter, it fulfills its purpose. You always need to carry at least one ring though. I may drop it if I ever get hit by a car for example but at least I'll live, according to Sonic Logic at least.
by Sonikku
Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

F all you guys, I was still on DIAL UP until a couple years ago. :mad:
by Sonikku
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

ha ha, some of you are missing the point. There was some what of a dojo injoke back in the day of no one spelling my handle correctly (Sonnikku was popular as I recall) and my always correcting them. Over time it became a dojo meme of sorts, assuming of course that's even it a thing. :-k It's even written underneath my username in case you missed it the first time! :mad:
by Sonikku
Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

This thread is quickly becoming "Latest Sony Purchases". :lol:
by Sonikku
Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NX (Nintendo's New Console)

So it's essentially the Wii-U with a controller that isn't shit?

https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/First_Look_at_Nintendo_Switch_-_YouTube_-_Google_Chrome_2016-10-20_10-13-34-1-980x551.jpg

It might work for me. I've had small, girlish hands even before transition. The rest of you guys though?
:-k
by Sonikku
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The good thing with it is that if you ever got mad and threw the controller that it would come back to you. :D
by Sonikku
Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

I couldn't get into Iron Man 3 for some reason. Maybe I thought Robert Downy was just too over exposed by that point though. I liked Iron Man 2, though it seems like they spent so much time disposing of the cannon fodder flunkies in the climax that they had hardly any time left for the damn villain.
by Sonikku
Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox is spinning this as a vindication of the Republican party as a whole against the Democrat party, but Trump's win seems like more of a rebuke against the establishments of both. The GoP in Washington may celebrate their party's win today, but Trump has an axe to grind with many of them as surely as he did with HIllary. It's going to be very awkward to see how far they will go before they start saying no to what will likely be endless unrealistic and implausible demands from their party's new standard bearer.
by Sonikku
Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trump's thoughts are as random as it gets, it seemed only appropriate to discuss him here. :-k
by Sonikku
Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After saving what I could for months I found an early BF deal at Sam's I couldn't pass up. Vizio E65-E1, a 65" 4k display. A couple quick pics taken from my cell.

http://i.imgur.com/Qnc2SyC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0QhChKF.jpg

It omits HDR, a TV turner, higher refresh rates (only 60hz) and has only so so speakers but these were worthwhile concessions for me to get a 65" display for $598. I did want HDR to make it more future proof, but that basically would have doubled the price outright. :shock: So far I am very pleased, but it's so damn big I'm going to have to find another place for my Shenmue record frame. :sad:
by Sonikku
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NX (Nintendo's New Console)

You mean you don't go on vacations to exotic locations to play video games??

Fucking casual.
by Sonikku
Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I love that guy's art. Smooth move making it the cover instead of going with some bland cgi render.
by Sonikku
Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

by Sonikku
Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can appreciate the point of view from both sides. On the one hand if some on the left want media scrutinized for reporting nonfactual information as fact then it could be construed as eroding the first amendment. On the other hand, the info wars systematically reporting false information for the sake of swaying public opinion to driving personal agendas is not something trivial that can be safely ignored and disregarded either.

A lot of people really, genuinely believe things like the Pope endorsing Trump or Hillary plotting to render private property invalid and evict Americans from their homes to award their seized houses to the State. Blatantly false stories that involve taking a picture of someone and slapping some damning text on them are surprisingly and damningly effective when posted and reshared endlessly on Facebook. Certainly not effective at pulling the wool over the eyes of an American majority, but propaganda enough to feed the couple of percentiles in between that sway elections.
by Sonikku
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

redline wrote: just saw star wars rogue one.

Fuck you.

I mean, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Catching the preshow in six and a half hours because I live in a country that gets it second. :sad:
by Sonikku
Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmmm. I wonder why Animegamer doesn't play AAA games. :-k
by Sonikku
Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Holidays.

Anonymous81 wrote:
(In all seriousness though... Konami really makes me bummed as a gamer. They have so many franchises I love or would like to see re-releases of, and I think they'll just shit on them.)

ftfy
by Sonikku
Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're never too poor to pass on a 250gb SSD for $20 shipped.

by Sonikku
Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/feRvWHs.jpg

Got it for $9.99 with promo code EMCFGHF27 at newegg for any interested. With this my PC is completely wireless. (Besides the PSU anyway, but maybe someday right?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261661&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL123116&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL123116-_-EMC-123116-Index-_-PS4Accessories-_-79261661-S0G&ignorebbr=1
by Sonikku
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

Akito the Exiled is done. Are they making a new spin off? I wouldn't mind an R3 personally...

Edit: HOLY FUCK HOW THE HELL DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS.

Lelouch of the Resurrection.

http://i.imgur.com/G5qxJ89.jpg

I can't wait for this... oh my god. CG is like my favorite anime. At least it confirms one thing that I always believed from the finale.
Lelouch is alive. And he's back!! \:D/
by Sonikku
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

I'm confused by Super Mario Odyssey.
I mean, sure, it looks like the first Mario game in... well, ever , that I can look at and actually think "cool, I'd like to play that." That city area looks like something Sega would have made on the Dreamcast (maybe I'm crazy, but I saw shades of Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio).
But does it weird anyone else out that there are all these normal-proportioned people walking around... revealing that Mario himself must actually be some kind of deformed, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome-afflicted dwarf?
Why the feck does he look like that if everyone else is normal?
Yeah! He should look more like this.

http://img08.deviantart.net/1f74/i/2014/205/e/2/super_smash_bros__remixed____mario_fireball__by_andrewdoma-d7r04bx.png

:lol: I get what you're saying though.
by Sonikku
Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a disappointment. The GPU is so underclocked in travel mode it's sad. The performance and the battery life for the money looks like a terrible value. 1 2 Switch looks god awful, can't believe it isn't a free pack in and they want $60 for it. The online looks horrible. You have to pay for a service but only get to play the free monthly game for the month it's available? AND I have to use a smart phone?! God fucking damnit Nintendo. I can scarcely stand the self loathing I feel for myself right now as I push the preorder button for Breath of the Wild Special Edition at Best Buy.
by Sonikku
Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the mid nineties it was brilliant. I don't think I have ever had so much hype for a game sans for perhaps waiting for Shenmue 2 to arrive to my dorm from all the way across the pond.
by Sonikku
Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why are today's game players so negative?

A hundred years ago we would be complaining about awful and unsafe working conditions, limited heat, limited food etc. These days we have all of these things. So now we complain about the imperfections and curious design choices in our games instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4yDVKidRqA

Sonic is very serious business.
by Sonikku
Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning sentence, she will be release on may 17th, instead of 2045.

some will call her a traitor but it seemed the US gov was getting up to some evil stuff ( i'll never forget that Apache helicopter video )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38659068
Good for her. 35 years for a data leak was positively ludicrous. Americans who outright sold state secrets for money received less. Naturally it is not as though she is free and clear regardless of course. Living life on the outside as a transwoman is already no picnic. To have a criminal record when the whole country knows your face and many of they hate you all piled on top will all but ensure she will never know a basic sense of safety or security ever again. Perhaps not even a sense of financial stability either.
by Sonikku
Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For OL.

phpBB [video]
by Sonikku
Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PS4 is just a better system

Bro. Of course it is. It has been out since 2013 or so?

Get a PS4 for now and a Switch later on.
Exaggerating. Ofcourse ofcourse.

On that point, PS4 didn't have a stellar launch line up either, Killzone, ACIV, Knack, BF4, Need for Speed Rivals. All kinda mediocre to good games. Killzone being the best of them and then it still had a great 12 months after that though.

And thats cause Sony actually worked out that they had enough compelling material to launch when they did. Microsoft too.

Nintendo needed to take a step back and focus on making the best launch as possible with enough compelling games at launch.
If it was up to me I would have the Switch release in the late summer-early fall when more games are ready and developers can get a head start.

Releasing now makes it look like a rush job just so they can still capture the fanboy sales from Zelda that would have been on Wii U and pushing them to get a Switch. It's a game that should have come out last year but they have so little amount of content to sell, so they pull this.
How anyone can still be exclusively a one console per gen Nintendo person that isnt a child is beyond me.

PC + Nintendo is a workable combo. Hell just about anything that'd come out on Xbone or whatever has a superior version on PC.
by Sonikku
Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you put the USB dongle into pair mode first? You have to kind of push it towards the USB port, then the light changes from slow flashing to a quick double blink when it enters pair mode. Controller has to be off when it enters pair mode too. If its already on when you enter pair mode it keeps looking for the PS4 it was originally paired with.

This worked for me. Thanks! I didn't see any such button on the adapter itself and never could have guessed you have to push on it when it's already inside a usb port.
by Sonikku
Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

It isn't all nostalgia though. Way back when the internet was nearly all geeks and other nerds, free of the dregs of society and their scams and endless pictures of what they had for dinner. It seemed like an untapped frontier of limitless untapped potential or government regulation. And it was ours . Technology was still improving so rapidly that the gap between N64 and Dreamcast generations was simply gigantic. The leaps in the games we were playing with titles like Shenmue have scarcely been matched since. We were still riding the coattails of the 90's, a golden age of prosperity so much better than the times we now find ourselves that the nation's biggest worry was a guy lying about getting a blowjob. Prosperity and liberty itself feel eroded since then, and I'm not sure that's all just rose tinted goggles.
by Sonikku
Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Members PSN Names

I initially read that as "The Gasmaster".
by Sonikku
Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woke up this morning to the news Trump actually placed a ban on Muslims entering USA, and seen the Internet explode.

What's happening to humanity. I don't mean that as a dig at Trump or his supporters. I actually mean what's happened to humans. Has technology and social media actually rotted away brain cells? It's happened since they came on the block. The 90s were just fine.
http://i.imgur.com/EH2DZBf.jpg
by Sonikku
Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never forget!

:lol:
by Sonikku
Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Sonikku
Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your HD remaster cravings?

Shenmue and KOTOR. I don't often have the time for HD remakes however, I don't even have the time to keep up with all the first run games and anime these days.
by Sonikku
Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

I think I watched two or three episodes of Kids on the Slope about a year ago, but it was online, which makes it hard for me to stick with it (not sure why exactly, that's just always been the case).
I did like what I'd seen though. Very different groove from most other anime. I think you're right, it may have been a bad timing thing for you; it seemed like a quality show to me, but yeah, probably something you have to be in the correct mood for. It seemed very much like a "slice of life" sort of thing, which probably isn't the usual thing we go into anime for. Really want to revisit it someday though.

I actually just discovered that Amazon Prime has all of Robotech and the three series that formed to create it (Macross, Southern Cross, Genesis Climber Mospeada) for free. I already have a big ol' box set of Robotech, but I've never actually watched the other original series before, pre-localization. Watchead a couple episodes of Mospeada (since that was always my favorite part of Robotech), and man, what a difference a Japanese voiceover and original music make. The little girl (she's named Mint here, but did she have a different name in Robotech? Can't remember) actually sounds like a little kid, rather than a forty-year-old woman. Still whiny as hell, but at least she doesn't seem like a weird little middle-aged dwarf thing now.
Macross is my favorite by far, but I have a hard time liking the original. Editing of episode 27 for example made the destruction of Earth felt far more shocking and epic.
by Sonikku
Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shredingskin wrote: It's incredible how fast I lose interest in women.

Hey I hear you. I was barely 7 months into hormones before I lost interest in women. :-o
by Sonikku
Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Sonikku
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/0hN2eLc.jpg

No money for a Switch sadly so the special edition will just be a pretty box for the collection for the time being. I am dismayed however that Best Buy would callously slap a huge bar code sticker on the side of the box that peeled some of the print off when removed despite my being extremely gentle with it.

http://i.imgur.com/EfzhYpb.jpg

I had originally configured the special edition to be an in store pick up fearing a dirt cheap mailing envelope utterly mangling the box in transit, but it seems as though Best Buy managed to defile it anyway. There is no more stock at this point sadly so replacement is impossible; it is a refund or nada. The people who got the Master Edition from Best Buy reported it got mailed in a very large protective outer box with air padding and everything. Wish I'd known. :(
by Sonikku
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I must suck because I'm dying like crazy. Guardians kill you instantly with their beam and avoiding it is basically impossible without cover. Those things are terrifying. :sad: I can't seem to do much of any damage to them so the best strategy so far seems to be to panic when hearing the sound effect cue that they're near and run like hell dodging and weaving until you're away. This is one dangerous overworld. :shock:

I did wander into Hyrule Castle which is apparently the final area in the whole game after an early quest objective sent me there to confront ganon. I quickly got trounced and had to turn back. But damn, that music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWHkYWslcw

Think Ocarina of Time's guards in the garden sneaking, except ten times more epic and dangerous scaling walls and avoiding detection by guardians. I guess you can apparently go straight to ganon if you're some kind of psycho gamer but I don't nearly have the ability to do that with only three hearts and few weapons so I had to turn back and pursue the main quest to get stronger.
by Sonikku
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic