Search found 144 matches

Return

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

Spaghetti's edit is by far the best I've seen by a factor of about a thousand, and it's only a few minor modifications.
by KidMarine
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

That's Ryo alright. Looks almost the same as he does on the Shenmue 1 box. All they had to do was change the lighting a bit.

Shame that font is there, but very happy and excited otherwise.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

It's all kicking off!
How crazy it is that we are finally seeing banners and promo stuff for a game that a lot of thought would never exist!?! The fact that Yu is standing next to a Shenmue 3 banner (alongside a banner for a well known publisher) absolutely blows my mind! 16 years and over half my life in the making and I could not be happier!

(someone steal me that banner when the conference is over please)
It's happening. It's really actually seriously happening.

Ryo looks really good here. Now, if only people would stop complaining and just be glad that Shenmue III is really, actually fucking happening.
People on the Internet? Not complaining?!
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Enigma wrote: SUPER STAR WARS

Platform: SNES
Year: 1992

Review (in-depth):

It's fucking hard!

Believe it or not, TESB is even harder.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

Remember when everyone was universally wowed by Nocon Kid’s awesome remaster?
Had the Shenmue 3 team used a similar Ryo, this debate would be nonexistent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLfOOUqUsAAG0z5.jpg:large

It’s especially frustrating knowing that he’s on the team, and yet they’re choosing to go in a completely different direction…which is nowhere near ‘there’ yet.
But he never looked like that in the games. This is a game, not a tech demo like passport or a piece of promotional art. I don't want Ryo to look like that in-game.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Boy that logo sticks out. It really sucks.

Other than that - HYPE. That looked pretty fucking good. Obviously the facial animations aren't there yet (probably waiting for actual voice recording to take place), but the Shenmue feel is there. And the environments are spectacular.

I'm amazed by just how cinematic it looks. Especially the bit where he's fighting the fisherman guy. And Chobu really does look like a watercolour come to life.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

He said in an interview a few years ago (maybe 2012/2013ish) that if it was up to him the series would take 5 games to complete.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Buy multiple copies of 3. Pester your friends until they get copies too. Give them out as Christmas gifts. Steal from your loved ones if you need the funds. Let's make sure Shenmue IV becomes a reality.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing chapters in Saturn version?

Senpai Gamer wrote: What do you all mean by the "train scene"? What chap was that in?

I believe it was supposed to be between leaving Hong Kong and arriving in Guilin. It's how Ryo got there.
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

200 NPCs? Holy shit. Isn't that about the number of NPCs in Shenmue II's Wan Chai? I wonder if they'll all be approachable and unique a la the previous games.
Bit of a late response, but according to the Shenmue wiki, there are 263 NPCs in Wan Chai. No idea if this is complete or accurate, but there it is - http://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Category:Characters_of_Wan_Chai
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I could live with the new logo, but I really want the cursive one.
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Yu Suzuki seems to be implying that different areas of Shenmue 3 will be varied, from closed world to a more expanded open world setting, based on the village or environment. Intriguing possibilities. Could very well experiment with microscopic mechanics of a Zero Escape series or similar in certain scenes and expand out to a grander macroscopic Shenmue III in other locales.
I think Bailu is going to be more microscopic and Shenmue 1 like, Choubu will be more macroscopic and Shenmue II like, and Baisha is going to be something totally new.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

It's a remote mountain village, I'm guessing it'll be an old pinball machine from the 60s or so, nothing cutting edge.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

That's total nonsense. I'm all for legit criticism, but that shot of Ryo looks great.
by KidMarine
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Teaser Surpasses 700,000 Views

In fairness, I can't think of a games website that hasn't either always been shit or become shit in the last few years.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

So close to $6.8 million. That would be a nice number to close the slacker backer on too.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

I'm sorry but

looks significantly better than the model you posted.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

October 2016:

August 2017:

by KidMarine
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

Ren's going to get encased in Carbonite.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I vastly prefer the cursive font but the new one has grown on me quite a bit.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

This combined with Yu's statements that the game has tripled in size and Chobu's population has gone from 50-60 NPCs to 200 have left me very confident in the end product.
by KidMarine
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Yep, buy multiple copies at launch. That's my plan.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Dreamcast: Collected Works

Read-Only Memory are Kickstarting a new Dreamcast book that not only has interviews with people who worked on Shenmue, but a nice Shenmue bookmark. There's also a limited Shenmue (and JSR and PSO) special edition of the book. Anyone interested? I have the Mega Drive book they did, it's really cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works
by KidMarine
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (THUS FAR)

We saw an Excite QTE cabinet in one of the development update videos last year. As far as I know the only confirmation we have of Lucky Hit is the fact that having your face on a board was one of the backer options during the Kickstarter.
by KidMarine
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Henry Spencer wrote:My random thought: Has the notebook been confirmed as coming back for III?

Yes, you can definitely see it in one of the dev room videos.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

A significant portion of the money spent on Shenmue's development was in creating the engine and the tools that were so far ahead of anything else. The plan was to roll the engine out as a standard for future Dreamcast games, but that sadly never came to be.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Technophilz wrote:it's really painful to say I didn't like it at all

Oh there's a fucking surprise. Also a WIP of one of 400 NPCs isn't as good as the main characters of a Naughty Dog game? No shit.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you think the animation won't improve over a test, you're not just wrong, you're delusional.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nahovil wrote:People are fooling themselves too, if they believe this is "merely developmental", "that it's a WIP and there's still one whole year to go".

Um, that's entirely true though? Literally objectively true.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

but in all it shames you a little by your assessment of it by calling someone "delusional" with such ease.
I'm all for criticism, I don't like the first model shown in this update at all, but to think that the animation won't improve over the test we're shown here or the character models won't improve even though Yu says they're placeholders, well then you're ignorant at best. Sorry.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3owvKgeLlPXWv67W7u/giphy.gif
This but with slightly better models is all I want from the game aesthetically, and more than I thought possible. If it looks this good I'll be over the moon.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

with this budget, for instance, if you make a 6 hour game, "AAA standards" are possible.
Do you know the exact budget? Even before Deep Silver got involved, there was more to it than just the KickStarter money, Cedric said that Shibuya had invested "several million" in the project. You're right about elements of the campaign being mishandled, and they definitely need a good PR firm, but I don't think it's reasonable to make judgement calls about how the full game will turn out based on this.
by KidMarine
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Yeah the (potential) lack of NPC routines doesn't really bother me at all. Not being fully voiced would be a deal breaker though. It needs to be fully voiced, having text would take me out of the game so much. Especially if some NPCs are voiced and some aren't. I'd rather some NPCs were cut or the amount of dialogue was scaled back rather than have use text like in Yakuza. It's one of the reasons Yakuza feels like merely a (good) video game, whereas Shenmue feels like an immersive and remarkable experience.
by KidMarine
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

^ That's what I thought too. When Yu said he could make the full game we all imagined, all my anxieties about the game disappeared. Now he says that it might not have full voice-acting. Maybe he's just being overly cautious, but I'm getting mixed signals here.
by KidMarine
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Chi You Men and the legendary Chinese Monster

The supernatural is coming. That's been the plan since day one. Accept it or stop now, those are your choices.

Personally, stories that mix realism with a little bit of the supernatural or otherworldly are my favourite. Stuff like True Detective season 1 or Battlestar Galactica. Stories that try to be believable, but there's just a sense of something more going on too.
by KidMarine
Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: joy

Joy's butt single-handedly raises Shenmue II from a 9/10 to a 10.
by KidMarine
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III flashbacks for a more compelling experience

The option to view a 5-minute "previously on Shenmue" video at the start screen, plus some flashbacks during the game seems like the best option to me.
by KidMarine
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Martial arts styles

There's not going to be fireballs. There's going to be some mysticism for sure, but no Dragon Ball Z moves.

There were fireballs in Shenmue Online because MMOs need range attacks.
by KidMarine
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We getting an update today or what?
by KidMarine
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It seems that they have updated the kickstarter page's front image with the one that they showed as advertisement at te gamescom. They use the new Shenmue font by Suzuki.

I wonder if they'll show the complete and revised version of the 1st teaser with facial animation and everything before of the end of the year :-k

This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!
Oh stop it.
by KidMarine
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue III end on a cliffhanger?

Probably not a cliffhanger, but it'll no doubt set up the next one.
by KidMarine
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

Riku Rose wrote: Although I still can’t wait for the review thread here and watching everyone cry when someone dislikes the game.

Sounds like you've got a lot going on in your life.
by KidMarine
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

I assume at the very least this is written by AJ, they even specify which part is by Deep Silver.
by KidMarine
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

Can't help but to express my frustation. We are a few days away from what was the original Intended release date for this game when the Kickstarter ended and have yet to see a single glimpse of gameplay, in-detail scenario or even characters besides some random NPC.

My hype and overall expectations are reaching an all time low and I am beggining to forget about his game altogether.
Come on now. With the agile methodology, the game isn't fully polished until the final stages of development. They could show plenty now, but it would be rough and there would be plenty of placeholders, but dummies would take it for the final build. You can't exactly blame them for holding their cards close to their chest.
by KidMarine
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic