Search found 1 match

Return

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

Awesome Japan did a really bad job in my opinion. From the start they appeared very amateur. I'm a huge fan and when I first saw the kickstartrr page I was almost immediately turned off. Firstly the intro video footage of the game I thought was a parody or something. They could have put a bit more effort into it? I can easily see how lame it would look to new people. Bad animation, bad acting (monotone yeah) and uninformative narrative. It was pointless.

Then there's the rewards, which were so lame to begin with. Most people would be around the 30-150 tier and it took days to get suitable rewards for that category. The grammatical mistakes, ugh. I just don't understand? If they took 5 seconds to at least copy into MS Word or proof read it, it would have made them look much more professional yet they made some really silly mistakes. This company's sole purpose is to be a clear communicator and organiser so how did they screw it up?

The first twitch was the most awkward and cringy interview I have ever seen broadcasted. Some of the questions asked were blatantly scripted, there was no real organization. The red shirt guy made what was supposed to be a concise QnA into a comical, cringe worthy convoluted piece of crap that I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I was rethinking at this stage about the pledge. The video quality and the quality of the content was so fricken amateur.

Then the last twitch, which was severely delayed at such a critical time. You'd think they would test everything well before. The updates and feedback was anticlimactic. Reaching all those goals and hardly any acknowledgement. Lots of uncertainty and questions left unanswered, unupdated FAQs.

While I'm very happy with the final outcome. I am left with a bitter feeling that I can't get over. Had they presented the whole campaign in a professional, informative manner from the start, how much better we would have done. First impressions matter the most in these campaigns and had it not been for the community I truly believe this would have been a disaster. Still today there has been no video or updates congratulating and thanking everyone. No word about PayPal.

Just my 2 cents.
by fr33sty13
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic