Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: No Time Skip In Shenmue I

staplepuffs27 wrote: I never used the feature in Shenmue 2.

Same here, it felt like a huge betrayal to the game's pace, and that's what made the series so special to me.
by johnjohnbrem
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Lan-Di and Ryo...

A mid game fight where Ryo gets his ass handed to him and nearly killed. Game will end much later where you meet Land Di somewhere in a rainstorm thinking this is it. This is the fight. Then he smirks does something with the Dragon Mirror and a massive Dragon emerges. Ryo does his best to not die when he realizes how to release the phoenix. Then Ryo and Lan Di fight hand to hand as in the background the Phoenix and The Dragon exchange blows much like that fight in Bayonetta 2 with the masked Baldur. Ryo defeats Lan Di but the rest of the Chi Yu Men show up all with mirrors. Ryo out of breath readies himself for another fight as he stares them down and they stoically stare right back. The game ends and says to be continued.

reminded me of a bad dragon ball movie :(
by johnjohnbrem
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Update drops, you turn up to shit post.

I could set my mother fucking watch to you doing this.

How's that for a fact.

one could argue that you guys are overeacting a bit, but i'm not really trying to defend anyone here.
every now and again there comes the stench of semi-totalitarianism. but hey, then again, not trying to defend anyone. I don't really care, tbh, just stating an opinion.
by johnjohnbrem
Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

The topic asks a weird question. It should ask 'anyone disappointed with shenmue saga cartoon-like graphics?'
It has always been cartoonish in a way
by johnjohnbrem
Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Hmm, an interesting update. However, I have to say, they've got Masaya Matsukaze's face all wrong. It's simply not what I envision when I think of Masaya Matsukaze working in a recording studio. I've taken the liberty of making big improvements upon the work of whoever designed him. I think everyone will agree - particularly everyone who hangs out in the depths of Youtube comments sections, the 'GAF crowd, and other prestigious comments fields across the internet - that what I'm presenting is the definitive headshot of Masaya Matsukaze.

http://www.zoonbats.com/s3/improvements.jpg
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
i agree! he looks too cartoonish! I prefer the Shenmue Online era Matsukaze
by johnjohnbrem
Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Even if the re-releases were perfect I think they would do nothing to help sales of Shenmue 3, and will probably hurt them in all likelihood. People who have never played these games aren't going to enjoy them. I'm sure the majority of video game revenues are from individuals too young to have played a Dreamcast and won't be able to enjoy a game from that era. They might have been curious about Shenmue 3 to begin with, but won't be if they pick up 1+2 first (or read the reviews from others in their same situation).

That being said, this is looking like a nearly bare minimum effort. Fans have made better looking results through emulation. The bait-and-switch on Shenmue 2 cutscenes says it all. It's going to be critically panned no matter what, but that doesn't mean it isn't warranted.

I hope your optimism isn't contagious or something :cry: :cry: :cry:
by johnjohnbrem
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic