Search found 115 matches

Return

Re: Securing Shenmue's future

Good stuff. Well in no uncertain terms, the plan is to buy the shit out of it when it's released at retail. Least that was my plan. I planned to buy a copy a week and just leave them in public locations around Belfast. Had that idea for a while now and I will be doing it.
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

I went absolutely bananas when I seen that notebook. Shenmue 3 complete notebook guide, oh yes!
by Peter
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Ha. I was always committed.
by Peter
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I am actually excited as hell about this. Now it feels like a full on proper development schedule, and not a rushed indie schedule. Great decision!
by Peter
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Genuinely and happily surprised by the fans reactions so far!

This is some smart Community if you ask me. :heart:
by Kiske
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Apart from a few new added scenes with new characters... Finally I can talk about what my eyes saw when my jaw hit the floor!!!!

SWEET RELEASE!!! THE FUCKING CAVE IN GLORUOUS 1080P
by Peter
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

(Credit to Kiske and SheepheadCG for getting the jumps on this. A few confusing posts and topics were deleted prior to this topic.)
by Peter
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

It's hard to come up with words right now. Trying to post news, upload video, make screenshots and whatnot.

First discovery! Look who's back at Shenhua's house (in the lower left corner).

by BlueMue
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Famitsu Interview w/ Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Full Translation]

I've posted up a full translation of a Famitsu interview held yesterday with Yu Suzuki at Gamescom.

"Tortoises, ducks and frogs will be making an appearance!"

Link to interview:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/translationinterview-with-yu-suzuki.html

http://i.imgur.com/ZLKRROxl.jpg
by Switch
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game Watch Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Translated]

Game Watch published a very interesting interview with Suzuki-san, the interview took place during Gamescom 2017 and includes some really insightful and interesting information about Shenmue III, here's a short summary of it:

⋅  The released Shenmue III teaser footage is real-time in-game graphics.
⋅  All charterers models are temporary and subject to change.
⋅  Facial animations were initially implemented but have been removed about a month ago.
⋅  The teaser was especially made for Gamescom 2017, no further plans to show more of the game at this year's Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show. However, a full-scale promotion will take place next year.
⋅  Deep Silver will publish the game internationally, and they'll provide budget and promotional support. A publisher for Japan is to be decided.
⋅  Suzuki-san would like to continue the series in Shenmue IV if possible.
⋅  Suzuki-san is not interested in forcing the Shenmue story to complete in Shenmue III.
⋅  Shenmue III will take around 30 hours of gameplay to complete.
⋅  The fighting engine in Shenmue III is being built from scratch, and unlike Shenmue II it won't use the Virtua engine.
⋅  A system that allows phone calls with characters from Shenmue and Shenmue II is planned for Shenmue III.
⋅  Suzuki-san would like to bring as many voice actors from the previous games as possible, but some are retired now, he will audition a new voice actress for Shenhua.
⋅  OST from Shenmue and Shenmue II will probably be reused in Shenmue III.
⋅  The new partnership with Deep Silver is strong and it's aimed to improve the Shenmue III experience beyond what was initially planned on the Kickstarter.

Finally, Suzuki-san asks the fans to continue their support, and promises to do his best to make a good game out of Shenmue III.

I have a very strong feeling that 2018 will be the year of Shenmue ...

Update:
Switch has kindly translated the original interview

Here it is, a full translation of the GAME Watch interview. Enjoy!

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/game-watch-interview-with-yu-suzuki.html

http://i.imgur.com/sCek1CHl.jpg

by masterchan777
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic