Search found 102 matches

Return

Re: NoconKid working on Shenmue III :)

Wow that's the flashback shorts taken care of!

Great news!
by NeoShredder
Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community?

As Shenmue 3 gets closer to release, we should all join the Shenmue PSN Community.. If 70,000 people join.. lol.

So there is one? Or not? Come'on I wanna play mgo with some peeps.

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, the KS has 70,000 backers and the 500k page has 25,000 members. I think any general Shenmue group should inclusive, you can be a fan of the games outside the forums.

On the other hand I get the idea that veteran members should want their own group. With this in mind, if its appreciated, I've just made an invite-only Shenmue Dojo community, and I'll leave a general one open for someone else to make (500k?).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ4DSkiWEAABvnn.jpg:large

Now unforunately PS4 Communities doesn't have a search feature at the moment, so to get the ball rolling can you guys send me a PM on here with your PSN and I'll add you to the group.
by NeoShredder
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue: An Article About The Saga's History

This was a delightful read, didn't stop reading even when it was a massive text, absolutely nailed it Amir.
by NeoShredder
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue's music is healthy

I've really noticed that Shenmue 1 FREE music is great background music for working.
by NeoShredder
Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

It's definately an improved model.

The lightning is defo tricky.

Let's try and sort that out then:

http://i.imgur.com/pz9w2yW.jpg

The nose profile, where the eyebrows meet, the jawline, the band-aid, well...

- Face looks much more defined and chiselled down, particularly the jaw
- The nose has a smooth slope in the second image compared to the prominent bridge in the first
- The hair has a slightly messier look compared to the Yamcha look
- The plaster on his face appears to have been smoothed out, given more depth, and an added blemish
- Thicker eyebrows (though that could be down to the lighting)
- The shape of the head has gone from a lemon to a curvier look

^^ What he said ^^

The jacket they need to fix, still shiny like it's made out of PVC. Also, if you look at the Dreamcast texture, I always had the impression it was designed to look bulkier than its presented and they should model that too. Atm its a flat straight jacket.

But it definately looks better, come'on guys. I'm more concerned about his dislocated thumb in the battle images :lol:

I think his hair also was a little more straight up, it didn't use to curve inside like it does there

9th Generation Brylcreem rendering :lol:
by NeoShredder
Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: China interview with Yu Suzuki (Nov 19)

Q. In the near future, do you have any plan to release a fighting game similar to VF? Or to work with Sega for the next installment of the game?
Yu: Right now Daichi Katagari is the one who is overseeing the VF games. I handed over the games to him 100%. I will not be working with Sega for another VF game. But I might develop a brand new fighting game of my own.

Seems like Yu is tired of SEGA and burned the bridge (good for him, I hope SIII will be awesome).

Also interesting the part of the new gamemode, (i guess it's that strategy-like thing he said), hopefully it's not like Brutal legend.

Also I think that SIII will start at the beginning of SIII, Yu kinda hinted at that. Also the only videos we have seen are scenes from SII.

He never had any desire to go back to VF (as soon as after 3).

Buring all briges would mean that Sega shut down communication with him. However thats as far as it goes, just communication.

I don't know why you guys are assuming he's 'burnt bridges' with SEGA. After all he GOT the Shenmue IP from them, and he's still an advisor with them. Anyway I don't see him handing over Virtua Fighter as implying anything, Yu has always been an innovator, he's not going to ride franchises for an easy retirement unless he's doing something new with them. Remember the first Virtua Fighter was one of the pioneers in 3D polygon graphics, and by the time of 3 well...its, how do I put it....trite? For an innovator?
by NeoShredder
Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

Received a message reply from the KS team. "Finishing touches" are being put on the new update now apparently.
by NeoShredder
Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

2bf, for the opportunity of a lifetime like this? I'd learn Kikongo in a week if I had to. Let's be real, I'm sure NoconKid's got it covered between him and Yu. I mean he moved to Japan at a moment's notice.
by NeoShredder
Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Analog controls for Ryo

Said it before- not just for the controls but also for the GUI, Loading Screens, Menu style etc etc they should have a toggle-able "Classic Mode".
by NeoShredder
Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

I think its basically implied with the whole Chinese cartel in the docks thing. I remember being shocked at the revolver texture in Shenue II (That was censored in EU if memory serves) but all this shouldn't be too surprising really i mean what else are they gonna be shipping lol?
by NeoShredder
Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic