Search found 442 matches

Return

The Day Shenmue 3's Announcement Blew The World

On June 16, 2015 Shenmue 3's anouncement at E3 literally lightened the world!

by sand4fish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Even Yama was on the brink of giving up and merging the forum with BioHaze.

:lol:

However, I think it's fair and important to note, that without the positive Shenmue fans who didn't give up years ago, we wouldn't have gotten this Kickstarter or a resurgence we are having now without them pushing Sony and getting Shenmue III to the top of their Most Wanted list.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doesnt this make you smile.

Guys, the graphic is from Google.ca and they surely forgot to add "Shenmue" search written in Chinese and Japanese ideograms. ;)
by Namron_Bearded
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Yu Suzuki married?

Someone has to look after his turtle and two Yorkshire terriers while he's away :P
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Creator Says Sony Won't See a Cent of Kickstarter - Gamespot

New article up on GameSpot. Provides clarification, which is great for getting the word out to the masses and diffusing ill-founded hysteria.

Anyone with a Gamespot account should upvote this and help it reach the "popular" section of the gamespot front page.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-3-creator-says-sonys-wont-see-a-cent-of-ki/1100-6428436/
by Erevador
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Makes Statement on Kickstarter Funding/Budget

http://i.imgur.com/CcArwc4.png

Yu Suzuki has made an official statement on the funding and budget of Shenmue III through Kickstarter. He addresses the outside funding the game will receive through Sony and Shibuya Productions, as well as exactly where the Kickstarter money will be going. Reiterated in this statement are his ambitions to reach $5 million for the character perspective system, as well as the overall $10 million goal.

Links: Statement | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Creator Says Sony Won't See a Cent of Kickstarter - Game

Gamespot just tweeted the article out. Re-tweeting it like wild will help it reach more people and show up near top of twitter results.

https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/614015393322168322

EDIT: Article just retweeted by Shuhei Yoshida to his 181k followers. A good sign that this is the official word from Sony.
by Erevador
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZm-HzCVzL4

Hello Shenmue Fans and soon to be Shenmue Fans!
Yu Suzuki will be doing a Twitch stream on Friday, June 26 at 7:00PM PDT (Saturday, June 27 2:00AM GMT).
There is lots of Shenmue to talk about, so look for the Twitch Channel link to be posted with the Update tomorrow.
Until then!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1274894

Is he going to go through showing the old games and giving us a behind the scenes perspective do you think? Or do you think he might have some stuff to show of Shenmue 3?
by ConanTheKing
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Will Be On Twitch This Friday

This is a must. Will watch after work before doing anything.

If anyone has a PS4 we can watch while in a party. I'll make one.
by Yama
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We know what rapport system is (old YS interview)

I was thinking of an old YS interview and yeah, we know what rapport is.

He talks about it here:

JM: I play games to do things I can't do in real life. Do you think games have become too real? If you were to do Shenmue 3, for example, would you take the same approach and make it super realistic, or would you take a different approach?

YS: The concept for Shenmue 3 already exists, so... [Laughs] The world of Shenmue 1 and 2 expanded outward. So, for example, in the original games, of all the data used for dialogue in the game, the main characters' dialogue was about 20%. The remaining 80% was dialogue by characters other than the two main characters. But Shenmue 3 doesn't expand outward, but inward. A lot of the dialogue is used for the main character and especially dialogue with Shenhua. They talk about a lot of different, deeper things. For example, and I can't say too much, but here's an example.

This is not actually in the game, but as an example to give you an idea of what I mean by deeper dialogue, when Shenhua and Ryo are at home, Shenhua will ask Ryo if he would like to drink tea or coffee and the player will select one or the other. Or, Shenhua will ask Ryo a hypothetical question like: "There are four animals; a monkey, cat, dog and bird. You are crossing the river but you need to leave one behind. Which one will you leave behind?" And the player has to choose one. Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife.

TH: That's scary. [Laughs]

JM: So it's more organic, and very contextual. Personally, I would leave the bird behind. The bird can fly across the river.

YS: It's very deep. I think it will be very interesting if it happens.
http://www.1up.com/features/disappearance-suzuki-part-2
by Himuro
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yuan's Revenge - Decensoring Shenmue II

I've been thinking on this project for a long time, and I think now it's time to make it public.

During my Shenmue II Spanish Translation, I've encountered, what I think, all the changes based on censorship for the Overseas Edition of S2:
- Baby Jesus's image on the Virgin Mary in the Moon Child Convent.
- The cassette tape's change.
- All of Yuan's references, both in voice and when asking the people of Kowloon.
- Hassan's nationality being changed from arabic to chinese, with a full clothing replacement.
- (XBOX dub) Lack of a strong chinese accent from a fellow with a red chinese dress in the Wise Men Qr. This is more a dub issue rather than a censoring issue.

Well, I've been decensoring and rewriting things for the Spanish translation... But it would be a shame if it was exclusive for Spanish, right?

So I'll be announcing right now a side project of this translation called Yuan's Revenge. Right now, this is what I've already done:
- Restoring the Moon Child Convent image on Dreamcast. Doing it on XBOX is a mystery, depending on the progress of the MT5/MT7 model handlers and if the HM7 format is identical between consoles.
http://i.imgur.com/zs1nGdDs.jpg
- Restoring the censored cassette tape and re-subbed the whole thing. It can be done on XBOX as well.
- Restoring Yuan's male japanese voices. I've made a small document on the subtitle changes for the NPCs, but maybe a Japanese translator could do a bit of a better job.
- Restoring Hassan's original clothing.
- While this is not a censorship issue, the Coca-Cola branded cans/machines are also restored.

This is what needs to be done yet:
- Find voice actors (I know some places) and redub Yuan, Hassan, the chinese guy, the censored cassette tape and other minor adjustments on XBOX.
- Edit all the existing voices to remove the "s" from the "she" parts in Yuan-based lines in the XBOX dub.
- Editing Hassan's clothing on XBOX.

The final result will be PacoChan's patcher, which means you'll need the original GDIs in Dreamcast and it will export CDI images, with a choice between undownsampled audios or downsampled for 80min/99min discs. Right now the XBOX version is on the preproduction stages but, considering there's no Default.xbe edit, I think it can export just the files, ready for FTP them into the HDD.

What do I need? Right now, people who can help testing and checking all these issues. A sound engineer/editor would be nice (I can do most of the removal stuff, but I'm busy with the translation, if nobody could help before I finish the Spanish translation, I'll be doing the editing myself).

Here's a small appetizer for all of you, courtesy of Brett "Switch" Chandler, Rock_Lee-Vk and myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdBNUS5jY2c
by IlDucci
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super Villian Peter Moore supports Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

He must donate 1M if he wants to be forgiven.
by maurox1988
Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Relax guys. This explains everything.
by elmatto
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site still said I was logged in O_o

Oh thank god, my blood pressure has just been lowered.
by Sonne2
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site still said I was logged in O_o

Had the same problem here. I got confused and went to bed. :lol:
by squall
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I feel genuinely bad for Joel Tess. All of these insults, jokes, gifs and memes about him are just unnecessary and cruel. All he was trying to do was lighten the mood and whilst he did come off as unprofessional, he hardly deserves to become hated and called all of these nasty, awful things.
Posting links to his Facebook and Twitter here is incredibly immature. Let's face it, he's going to get trolled on his personal social network pages.
At the end of the day, he's a human being with feelings that don't deserve to be hurt. He was clearly nervous about being on stream and was trying to play it off by overreacting. If people are going to roast him, it's just going to make his confidence worse which is really sad. I'm really disappointed with the general attitude here. I would have expected better.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This community is great

It's so awesome to be part of this great community with so many people that are just as passionate about this game series as I am. Honestly, there are so many great people on here and I'm just proud to be part of it... especially during this wonderful time where we are all eagerly awaiting the sequel which has been made possible by you guys, the fans. Thank you.

Just thought it should be said... carry on
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

The way the Q&A was handled yesterday was a debacle, that's for certain. However we need to come together as a community and bury it. Let's push forward for the sake of the Kickstarter, Shenmue III and Suzuki-san. At this point we can offer constructive criticism (there is another thread for the Twitch stream) and continue on with our own separate efforts.

I should not need to say this, but I will. We do not support or condone any form of personal attacks within this community. Let's carry on as we always have, positively and respectfully. That is the voice other parties will pay attention to, respect and trust. Thank you.
by Yama
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Were Awesome Japan aware of the Stretch Goals?

He just said this to me:

@CedricBiscay: @mjqmjqmjq @morning_haze @yu_suzuki_jp 14 years have not destroyed faith in this project. I will not let any companies or people do it.
by mjq jazz bar
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Were Awesome Japan aware of the Stretch Goals?

Cedric is a good guy. He will respond and do all he can. But he also will tell it how it is.
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Get Shibuya Productions to manage/absorb KS?

Doom_Infinite wrote: Cedric Biscay so far has proved to be rather awesome but let's not forget his team has a job already, they can't just take the KS organization load on, it's not even their specialty to begin with.

And yet he's already done more social interaction than AJ
by James Brown
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

Cédric is actually answering a lot of tweets about AJ complains !

mémémargot : " Cedric I am disappointed, I know you love Shenmue more than anything else, don't let Awesome Japan destroy everything "
Cédric Biscay : " It is being looked into. "

I love when he writes like this. [-o< I don't expect so much though.
by Yokosuka
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems my little Twitter campaign did some good. :)
by mjq jazz bar
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In regards to the dinner and $10,000 tier, I emailed AJ on the Kickstarter site a week ago....no reply. I emailed them on their official site....no reply. I sent them a tweet to their Twitter account....no reply.

I tweeted Cedric about it and within 5 minutes he said he would check for me.

The next day I tweeted him again he said there had been developments and to please wait ;)

Shows you what a guy he is.
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

Logged back in after many years. :P

Only saw this great news today. I am sure many die hard shenmue fans who like me are not really gamers and don't follow E3 will still discover this little gem and contribute appropriately to their favorite game.
by Bellator
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #16 - Twitch Recap

Awesome update! Ancient news that's sure to grab new pledges. These guys are consummate professionals.
by mjq jazz bar
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rough transcript of the interview on Twitch

Translation of the Interview on Twitch

Ok, I'm done! Here's a translation of Yu Suzuki's actual answers for comparison. Overall I think the translator on the Twitch session covered the information pretty well, except for maybe some minor detail.

Q: What is Sony’s involvement with Shenmue III?
YS: Sony is providing us with support in various ways including marketing, funding and promotion, and they’re our most important partner; they’re also our largest and most valued backer.

We plan to invest all the money collected from everyone through Kickstarter on development, excepting the Kickstarter fees and costs for the rewards. No portion of the collected money will flow to Shibuya Productions or Sony.

Q: PS4 physical reward?
YS: This is one of the most requested rewards, and it’s the reward I most want to make happen. Um... Please be patient!

Q: How will Kickstarter funds be spent?
YS: Please take a look at this pie chart which I’ve prepared.
[Fees: 8 - 10%, Game development: 65 to 72%, Backer rewards: 20 - 25%]

http://i.imgur.com/JtmE4vg.png

Q: Ryo’s appearance...
YS: We’ve had a lot of comments about how Ryo’s face looks, but we’ve just got started and so it is still under development. Personally, I’m not satisfied at all either, and so even now we’re continuing to improve it. Today I’ve brought a slightly improved version to show you – it’s not the final version, and we’ll be improving it even further, but I wanted to show you it.

For comparison, we’ve included two shots of Ryo from Shenmue II.

http://i.imgur.com/moKhHjb.jpg

The one at the front is the slightly improved version for Shenmue III. Again, I’m not completely happy with this Ryo – the shape of his mouth is not quite right – and I’d like to make further refinements.

As well as the shape of his face, his facial expressions and his actions also add to his personality and his attractiveness. So going forward I’d like to work on facial expressions and movements in making an attractive Ryo.

Q: Will the original voice actors reprise their roles?
YS: I auditioned Masaya Matsukaze and Corey Marshall for Shenmue I & II, and I believe their voices are perfect for Ryo’s voice. So I’d definitely like to have them reprise the role again this time. We’re currently in negotiations and I’m sure they will both be happy to do so, so please look forward to that.

Q: Can PayPal payment be added?
YS: I’m considering funding methods other than Kickstarter, including PayPal.

Q: Will a DRM-free version be made available?
YS: It’s something that is under consideration at the moment. However it’s not something Ys Net can decide by ourselves, and so discussions are taking place with various parties.

Q: Will HD versions of Shenmue I & II be released?
YS: I think that if Shenmue I and II could be released before Shenmue III, people would be able to understand the backstory and enjoy Shenmue III even more. And so I also personally strongly want this to happen, but as the rights are held by Sega I’m not really in a position to be able to comment. However I will also express to Sega that that I really would like for them to be produced.

Q: Details of new rewards?
YS: There has been feedback that there are not enough rewards, and so we have added additional rewards. We have prepared $1000, $2000 and $5000 grab bags. The bags will continue various items of Shenmue merchandise, and I think these will be quite exciting. And also at the $5000 level will the one-only prototype of the watch worn by Ryo in the Shenmue games. I have it here to show you... This is the Timex watch worn by Ryo, and it has the YS and Shenmue logos on it. It’s a very rare item.

Q: Details of the grab bags?
YS: It includes various things such as special figures of Ryo, watches... these watches are not quite as valuable as the one-of-a-kind one mentioned before; they’re more casual and they also have the Shenmue logo. Anyway, there are a variety of different items included.

Also, we have prepared some of the original art drawn by our main character designer, Miyawaki. These are quite valuable, and are a great reward I think.

In addition to the rewards we have added today, we will be continuing to add further ones in the future, so please look forward to them too.

Q: Tell us about the stretch goals up to $3.6m?
YS: Firstly, I’ll talk about the stretch goals up until around the $3.6m mark, which are the most basic goals. The stretch goals up to $3.6m will achieve a story-oriented Shenmue. As further goals are reached, the content for various areas will be correspondingly expanded, but even with the story-oriented version, the plot will develop to reach a confrontation with the 4 leaders {of the Chiyoumen}.

Also, game features like the Rapport system and the Skill Tree system will be included.

Q: Rapport system
YS: With the Rapport system, various data on your interactions with Shenhua will be tracked, such as her level of trust and rapport with you and so on, according to your actions toward her and the way your conversations progress. Later, this will affect how cooperative Shenhua is toward you, for example. I think we’ll be able to express a new and exciting angle to Shenmue that wasn’t present in the previous games.

Q: Skill Tree system
YS: In Shenmue 3, you will be able to obtain move scrolls {“technique scrolls”} in various places – for example, in shops, mini-games, part-time jobs, gambling, quest events. You’ll be able to make immediate use of move scrolls in battle QTEs – for example, once you get a new scroll, you’ll be able to use it straight away as a QTE appearing during a fight. Being able to use it as soon as you have collected it will make it easy and satisfying to use. I think it will be fun to have it appear and be used when fighting. Advanced moves and Arcane scrolls will be managed in a tree structure; these will not become immediately available after obtaining them. Instead, a likeness can be drawn with learning of actual martial arts, where you build up to reach an advanced move through the accumulation of several moves; in a similar way, you will need to build up moves in the tree in order to reach the advanced moves, and I think filling the moves in the tree will be fun.

But you won’t have to build up to the advanced moves by actually participating in fighting (which can become tiresome); instead you just need to accumulate the necessary move scrolls to fill the tree.

Q: Stretch Goals up to $5m
YS: If the $5m mark is reached, we will focus on the area of Baisha There will be new types of play here which were not present in Shenmue I & II. Typical classical war strategies from the historical Three Kingdoms period of China, such as seiges and infiltration, will be incorporated.

Features such as “infiltration” may sound as if they will make the game too complicated, but they will be implemented in a way that is in keeping with the feel of the Shenmue games and will be easy to enjoy and engage with for anyone.

As another feature, I am planning a Character Perspective system. To put it simply, it is being able to change the character you play, but in Shenmue it will be done a little differently from other games that have this: in Baisha there will be an event where you will be able to change character in order to accomplish the mission. The player will be able to control not just the character of Ryo, but also other characters such as Shenhua and Ren; Ren has his own distinct personality, and Shenhua as a female has her own viewpoints and decisions; the choices will be different depending on the character you play. So it won’t simply be changing of character, but rather each character’s personality will be expressed and I think this will make for an enjoyable experience.

Q: Stretch Goals to $11m
YS: Currently further stretch goals have been announced through to $11m (such as the expanded battle system and so on), I’d like to leave it until next week to talk about these.

Q: Shenmue III at the Current Funding Level (around $3.6m at time of Twitch) vs $10 million
YS: At the current level of funding, as I mentioned earlier the game will be focused on the story. However once we reach $5 million we will be able to introduce aspects such as the Three Kingdoms “war strategies” mentioned earlier which will set it apart from the first two Shenmue games. This is actually the part I would most like to accomplish. If we can go above $10 million, the town of Choubu will be significantly enhanced. The town of Choubu has scenery that is somewhat like, for example, the Dobuita and Yokosuka areas of Shenmue I, and this will open up various options for amusement there. So, above $10 million, we will be able to include both game features that I would like to take on the challenge of including, as well as making the game “open-world like” with an even wider range of choices available.

Q: When is Shenmue III going to be reLEEEAASED?
YS: By the end of 2017.

Q: Will Shenmue III end the story?
YS: In terms of the 11 chapters that form the basis of the Shenmue story, we have only traversed a little way through these in Shenmue I and II. I did consider completing all the remaining chapters within the third game, but it would mean skipping a lot of the good parts and would not result in a satisfactory game. There were a lot of people who want to know the ending of the story, but in order to make the game as high quality as possible, the end of the story will not be reached in Shenmue III.

Q: Release Date of Demo Version
YS: Providing this at an early stage will be difficult because we need to develop various systems and the game to a certain extent first. It is likely not to be until the latter half of the development period.

I think it won’t be until 2017.

Q: Final Comment
YS: I always love doing new things and taking on new challenges, and so I would like to aim for the goal of $10 million in order to produce a Shenmue that is both the one I want to create, and one which everyone wants. I really hope to somehow bring it to reality, and so I would like to ask for everyone’s continued efforts and cooperation. Thank you.
by Switch
Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Video Archive

Shenmue Videos (English)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC38057D9B1A7E953

Shenmue Videos (English): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC38057D9B1A7E953

Shenmue Videos (Japanese)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D819C6F41C2B4A4

Shenmue Videos (Japanese): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D819C6F41C2B4A4

Interviews | Trailers | Promos | Retro Footage

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPFKk7AXotcBQKXcYU5DLgVP

Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPFKk7AXotcBQKXcYU5DLgVP

Reviews & Retrospectives

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2DB3B2B2F6BD2C2

Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2DB3B2B2F6BD2C2

Shenmue Saturn | Project Berkley | What's Shenmue

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C3CEE910876223E

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C3CEE910876223E
by Ziming
Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New concept art from Suzuki on Twitter

Yama wrote: Damn, we're actually looking at my new waifu..

Fixed.
by shredingskin
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #18 - Interview with Kenji Miyawaki

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In all of this can't we atleast give a thumbs up to Sega

Thank you SEGA for not fucking this up like you do pretty much everything else. Yours, a life long SEGA fan.
by KidMarine
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: nullDC Cheater Codes

Here's an example video of some of the animation cheats in action:

phpBB [video]

I can make more videos if anyone is curious about some of the codes they can't get to work.
by Upper Dave
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Relationships in Shenmue III

Either Ryo is gay or he isn't -- none of this PC everybody needs to be included crap.
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New concept art from Suzuki on Twitter

A new piece of art posted by Yu Suzuki on Twitter.

鳥舞 客船 (=Choubu passenger boat)

by Switch
Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread

I think Choubu is a Japanese pronounciation for the characters I mentioned above. The characters you used do indeed read chou bu in Chinese (meaning something like silk fabric) but are not the ones used in the video.
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread

@NeoShredder: Where did you get these 绸布 characters for Chobu from? These are not the characters used in the video. See for yourself. The video uses these characters: 鸟舞. They read niao wu - bird dance (WTF?!) - in Chinese (the first character here does not quite look like in the video tbh. That's because I cannot write traditional characters on my computer right now so I used simplified characters, but never mind. It is the same character.). Got no idea why they used Japanese (?) pronounciation for Chobu village and Chinese (Mandarin) pronounciation for Baisha and Bailu though.

Is there a reason in the game for Japanese pronunciation? Does it mean something? Guess, in the end it doesn't mean anything though. :D
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trouble on the horizon - Sony Crowdfunds

You couldn't have waited til the Kickstarter was over, could you Sony?

EDIT: And here is the first comment on that article via the FB plugin...

Grant Mccarter · Manchester, New Hampshire
This is the exact thing that scared the crap outta me with the Shenmue 3 kickstarter...
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 18 minutes ago

Fuck off you Fake Manc bastard...
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (Updated 1/07)

The girl in the first picture is probably someone else then Shenmue. I'd say it's Xiuying because he talks about her a lot too. Could be Niao-Sun too, considering that cleavage...
by BlueMue
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic