Return

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

Mildly related...

by ThyDarkAngel
Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

She is a bitch. But she is also much, much more.

She is flawed, human.

Beautiful.

:heart:
by ThyDarkAngel
Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost the love.

Lol

Suggestions...

DOA comes to mind, for obvious reasons, and I'm sure the Xtreme Volleyball spin off is meant to be played that way since Itagaki first imagined it.
by ThyDarkAngel
Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: Sounds like a bunch of pretentious nerds and they will bash you for liking a certain anime and not another.

by Dorian
Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

A picture ThyDarkAngel sent me to post for the Gallery with his permission.

by Crimson Ryan
Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haahaa it really is a small world. Walking down to my folks on my lunch break and seen Marcin (Yokosuka Martian) in the middle of a tour group on the Falls Road here in Belfast! Was gonna say something but didnt wanna interrupt the group so Facebooked him n see if we can get a beer later.
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favorite in game collectables.

Either Crackdowns orbs, which admittedly were more an essential collectible.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z6S7xhYg9cc/0.jpg
^These bad boys were like "crack" to collect..........not that I've tried crack because I'm a good boy and never accept things from strangers.

orrrrrrrrr....

.....the Mafia 2 collectables, you know...."them", what a great way to get ya to collect them all, its the playboy pin ups, ooooooh yeah!

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/M/Mafia%202/Everything%20Else/Guide/Raw/Playmate18--article_image.jpg
^"faptatstic"
by Poetry in Motion
Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Spokane wrote: I always wondered what the old guy in green did business wise, the name of his shop is kind of odd and gives no hint to the nature of his business.

Whore house.
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gui Zhang in Guilin? (don´t expect too much)

Yep, that's him. Sitting there playing poker.

Nah kidding, man what did you smoke?
by Master Kyodai
Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halloween

everyday is like halloween in the middle east, Ninjas everywhere
by south carmain
Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

ys wrote: Hey guys! Why...am I here? Who summoned me?

by ThyDarkAngel
Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a job interview on Friday. This could be a big career job :???:
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

KiBa wrote:
beedle wrote:
KiBa wrote:What place is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country

Interesting. Do you really talk like an early Englishman?

a bit, apparently. even though my accent isn't that heavy in comparison to other people, outsiders pick up on it easily
by beedle
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ZWjmslzM0[/youtube]

EDIT: My contact got back to me!! He loves the DEUX logline and wants the script ASAP!! YES!!!
by Kenny
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still would even at 66

by Who Really Cares?
Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAGGOT

Yes. Over the course of ten years, I've posted well over 4000 twattish things. I've trolled, posted in colors, and hijacked literally thousands of threads because I was addicted to being a spectacular FAGGOT. We're talking on average 1.49 such posts every single day for nearly a decade. That's a lifestyle. Even typing this post, I almost colored it white out of instinct, and had to consciously stop myself. That's... messed... up! It took our trademarked friend to wake me up, by pointing out that I was straddling the nob end of the gay scale in assless chaps.
by KiBa
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wude wrote:
KiBa wrote:
Your genes are defective. We evolved to desire fertile mates.

fuck fertility, old women are hot

You mean, "fuck infertility, old women are hot."
by KiBa
Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Just so everyone knows, and considering I am pretty fucked up in the head because of various event and aspects of my past, People irl have told me I look like a serial killer, rapist, pedo, in general disturbed looking kind of guy. Luckily none of them think that way of my personality, and most find me enjoyable to be around. Apparently I looked pissed off alot, and im hardly ever pissed off. You cant judge this book by its cover, I will say that much, I naturally, by default scare many people away. I have to come on strong with my charming personality to over take the "disturbed" look I often have on my face which I just cant control, yet I seem to be "handsome" to all the ladies. It basically comes down to my blank/emotionless face looks disturbing and angry I guess, and I know I have that look on my face alot.
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favorite Shenmue character?

The characters that never seem to have the time to talk to you
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

I love the fact that there is a guy in a straw hat just relaxing by the river in the grass and flowers.
by Spokane
Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Languishan

by wdrpgwd
Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favorite Shenmue character?

The white guy with blonde hair and black guy with the purple t-shirt from the Mad Angels. Comedy duo.
by lavrentis
Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea and "the luck of the Irish" means bad luck lol.
by Peter
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

wude wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: Why do I always get Crimson Ryan and Henry Spencer confused?

same here, there must be an explanation

They both had similar Policenauts avatars.
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dobuita after Midnight

Thats only during a certain time that doing so triggers a fight with some thugs when they start attacking Fangmei. But yeah the guide had it in it so I did it.
by Spokane
Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

QWERTY™ wrote: I think Who Really Cares and Kenny would make good mods.

MiTT3NZ wrote: WRC'd be a gudden.

by Who Really Cares?
Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Becoming mod can carry a brief elation, though it is shortly lived. It can fracture friendships, as well as the way people you never had a problem with personally look at you. There comes a point were the fatigue from having to be "the decider" in matters of unending drama can take their toll. And it's never the black and white situations that are complicated, it's the thousands of shades of gray in between. There will be times when your knee-jerk reaction to snot faced members trying to call you out leaves you wanting to bop them in the nose, but you can't. A mod always has to be above fanning the flames of drama and has to be reserved in their responses. I think being given a mod title can be associated with prestige, or it being an honor in most regulars minds. But at the end of the day, putting out fires and taking flack for doing so can gradually over the years make you a little bitter to the point where there is no such "status" with being a mod any more, it's only worth it if you really love the community and want to help keep it healthy even if people come to resent you for doing so. The effect is subtle over time I suppose, but it is cumulative, like a snow ball effect. Think of it as being Batman, only not as cool. :P

:lol:

There's no "prestige" to it in my mind. Just means you have a couple responsibilities that you didn't before, that's all. If people behave differently around you once you're a mod, that just means their normal behaviour isn't up to scratch. I don't know, I think people are being way too dramatic about mod status. It literally means nothing other than 'janitor'. You're the care-taker of the site of you're a mod. Walking around in your overalls with your bucket, mopping the halls. If someone's action literally piss you off - you're taking internet in general too seriously. I've done that in the past, but I'm 27 in a month. Won't be doing it any more.
by Martin
Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was at a friends funeral yesterday, and only got on the PSN today to see Henry had replied to my messages. He confirmed that he is gone. He is in a very bad place right now, and wont be back anytime soon, or ever really unless Shenmue 3 is announced. Also mentioned that the Dojo isnt the best place right now, and i said i agreed with him on that. Just told him to take care, and if he ever needed anything at all, to just let me know and i will do whatever necessary just to help. Even listen. I will keep him in my prayers tonight. :cry:
by Peter
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I downloaded steam. I thought it's been 5 years since I gave up on it.Guess what IT'S DOING THE SAME SHIT IT DID 5 YEARS AGO! Steam sucks shit fucking monkey nuts.
by Bluecast
Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So its my birthday (not why im posting) and i have a good friend who works quality assurance at sega... He knows that i like shenmue etc etc.. And he has just sent me a birthday message saying that he is currently looking for sailors... Lets just say that I know him well enough to know what that could mean :)

also, i just finished Nier. Good ending revelation... Although i Thought the character could have been more philosophically shocked and inquisitive.. An idea such as that has the potential for a full blown charlie kaufman movie... A well earned 7/10
by Luvly KM
Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I downloaded steam. I thought it's been 5 years since I gave up on it.Guess what IT'S DOING THE SAME SHIT IT DID 5 YEARS AGO! Steam sucks shit fucking monkey nuts.

I'm surprised this place has not been flooded with Valve fanboys. Seriously they are fucking terrible and act like you just pissed on their kids faces when you criticize anything Valve related.
Me i think they are VERY over rated.
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I once contemplated suicide. Hell, even now life is and always will be tough with exceptionally little in the way of reprieves. But when my world came crashing down all around me and I had no choice but to stop being in denial over feeling like a woman on the inside, that brought me to a dark place I was not prepared to deal with or preserver through one little bit. Even after being in denial, feeling trapped, like in a prison with no hope for parole or escape very nearly pushed me over the edge. A lot of people think taking your own life is cowardly. It practically means nothing to say you're thinking about it. I hear people say things like that all the time. Ironically I never told anyone, until now, and probably came a lot closer than those that did. Personally, I think it takes an awful lot of nerve to suppress that natural instinct of self preservation and go through with finally pulling the trigger than most would imagine. Ultimately though it's because of cases like this, when everyone you touched in your life loses it in their own downward spiral in the face of your demise that I think I could not see it through.
by Sonikku
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

wude wrote: Nice pic takumi :nice!:

just admit it, you wanna bone him.
by AnimeGamer183
Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just started a facebook page for Single Player Gamer, as sort of a counterpart for the youtube page. Probably just end up being gaming thoughts, pics of my collection, insights about the videos themselves, that kinda stuff. Pretty much the stuff I do here, but maybe a little less inhibited.
Nothing there at the moment besides an avatar and cover shot (which actually took some time to make), but I'll probably mess with it a bit more as time goes on.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Single-Player-Gamer/#!/pages/Single-Player-Gamer/428495540545672?fref=ts
by OL
Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus get off it and more of the usuals. I edited my posts and OL decided not to get rid of his. You people carry on. I even deleted my posts that continued the argument. But no you people have to carry on and OL just wanted to leave those posts to get support from a dead argument.

I left my posts because I'm not in the habit of censoring whatever issues are at hand. What's been said has been said, and unless it contains something particularly offensive to the world, it's not getting erased. It's not about "getting support" for myself. I explain my own points just fine. If others happen to agree, that's all fine and good.
If Pete or Yama or any of the other staff have a problem with me posting a single link in a single post in a single topic, then whatever, I don't mind it being taken out. It was something simply posted for fun, for anyone who happens to be interested, and I did it in an entirely unobnoxious, unobtrusive way.
But, as should have been expected, you had to make it all about yourself, how unfair everything is, how much of a power-mongering fame-hound I apparently am for posting a facebook page that hasn't even been utilized yet.
Oh, how terrible I am. Such a villain, victimizing the poor and downtrodden.
You can't make such self-centered whines and expect everyone to just back off of it because "It's my topic and you're derailing it! Stop because I said so!"
It's not your topic. It's the Dojo's.

I've said what I was going to say, and I can back off from it just fine now.
by OL
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im Lance Armstrong and Ive won 0 Tour De France titles

And it all goes to show that WINNERS TAKE DRUGS, kids.
by Master Kyodai
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just wanted to log in to say thanks for all the kind words, it really means a lot. I won't be coming back for the foreseeable future, but all the well wishes definitely encourage me to do so, in time. And it's okay that people know what happened, my apologies for disappearing like that.. I did realise I would be letting down some people on here, since I promised to do certain things for them (Dorian, Mittens, Ryudo, my apologies, I'll pay you guys back one day, bet on it). Also apologies to my fellow staff members (and Dojo forum members) for bailing out like I have, if I could turn back the clock, I would have contacted you guys and the Dojo with what was going on, I feel bad about it.

I also hope ThyDarkAngel is doing fine himself, he's going through with difficulties himself also. If you're reading this, take care of yourself and all the best. Same goes for any of you going through hard times right now. I wish all the best to all of the members on here [for example: Orange (hope you have the best damn wedding there ever is and ever will be) and Kenny (keep on living the dream)] in the future.

Don't want to make a big deal out of my absence, but seeing all of the posts in here, I felt I had to.

I vote Crimson Ryan or Kenny for mod!

I'll always be on PSN or my Hotmail if any of you guys fancy a chat. Sorry if this comes off as pretentious, I was just rather touched by all the nice messages.
You guys and gals are the best there is. See you around (and maybe again, in the future).
Be well.
Henry out.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLOOD OF JESUS! Every bible to come with a box of donuts

Nothing wrong with religion. It's how one uses it. You don't blamea the car in a car wreck. You blame the driver
by Bluecast
Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic