Search found 140 matches

Return

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Gun laws vary from state to state. Some gun laws are extremely strict while others are fairly weak. Why are there more strict in some states than others? I would say due to the amount of gun related crimes, and the overall political view of the state. This is a democracy, after all. The popular opinion is the one that should come out on top.

Thing is, there is a point where gun laws can get too strict. What if the government gets so corrupt that a militia does need to go against their government? I am sure when I said "this is a democracy" in my previous paragraph at least one person thought "Yea, right... maybe if our votes actually mattered." or something along those lines. We do vote for who we want to place in office, but it is no secret that this is not a perfect system. If the system gets out of whack enough, we will still need to have the ability to be able to rise against the government and protect ourselves from tyranny.

This demonstration is a direct representation to see if it is still possible for people to create such a militia. The law says we can, but giving the current popular opinion of the country, is it even possible? The intent of these people are not to overthrow the government (which is, no shit, illegal as hell). In washington DC, a civilian cannot even get a concealed handgun permit if they had good reason to, which I think is kinda bullshit.

I'm aware of why the right to bear arms exists. I get that. I don't necessarily agree with the outdated justification but, along with the reasoning for the protest, I get it. What I don't get is how this will help your position. If you threaten any government with armed revolt - and let's be honest, despite the claims of peaceful protest, it is still a threat - it will respond defensively, regardless of whether it is corrupt, fascist or democratic (see: my earlier point in regards to the October Revolution). This will not loosen gun laws in any way whatsoever, if anything it will do the opposite, giving politicians a reason to enforce them even further.

It is the sort of half-baked idea that one would expect from libertarians; completely idealistic, ill thought out and - at best - achieving absolutely nothing.

Now lets say your scenario does play out where shots are fired and people start dying. What does this mean? First, it means that the people who took part in this march were not "peaceful protesters" and were in fact terrorists with a very elaborate plan. The only reason a government official will fire is if they feel that their or someone else's life is in danger, meaning a participant of this march points their loaded weapon at someone else. That is clear ill intent which means intelligence failed to get a proper background on the organizer of this event. Since this is a march on Washington DC, it is a potential threat to national security so you can bet US intelligence agencies are following this with a close eye. Depending on what they come up with will determine the government's reaction to this event. This is not anything out of left field like 9/11, the Oklahoma bombings, or any other terrorist attack (it is posted on facebook for God's sake) so I expect this event to be handled extremely well. However, if your scenario does play out for whatever reason, that will just prove the government's sheer incompetence in being able to protect their own people, which is a signal that it may be time for a significant change. Not an american revolution change, but still a change.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it is a plan, or that the organisers are terrorists. What I am saying is that you have thousands of potentially angry and rowdy people with loaded guns. These people are not soldiers: they are not drilled, there is no discipline or command structure. This is simply a group of people. There is literally nothing to stop one person acting alone and firing shot at the security that would inevitably turn up. Maybe it would be out of malice, maybe out of nervousness. Either way, out of the number of protesters that are going, you cannot guarantee peoples' behaviour at all. Incidentally, this point once again makes me wonder how much thought was actually put into the protest at all.
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Philosophy Thread

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEZ2h41t0I[/youtube]
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

god thought you were on about multiple sclerosis
by beedle
Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

does george cowell think he is being funny? what a nob.
by beedle
Thu May 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woolwich [London] 'terror' attack

absolutely, mittens is 100% correct. no one can condone their actions and for any progress to be made, muslim 'communities' need to bare the greatest responsibility (and already are to a great extent).

Gah, I just watched that video. Nob indeed. Who the hell is he, it seems he just rages about Islam is all his videos.
he's a youtube 'comedian', with views in the same vein as dawkins/hitchens/15 year olds etc.
This may interest you
by beedle
Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:
beedle wrote:
Ryudo wrote: http://i.imgur.com/rrzjW2K.jpg

nice lazy racism from a show you wouldn't expect any better from

you know what's thunderously racist? doctor who

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... acist.html

it's also shit
by beedle
Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

about £680 worth of PC parts. a nice treat for passing university. yum.
by beedle
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Blowup Leads to Sudden Cancellation of Fez II

MiTT3NZ wrote: LOL

And this is why we don't mix well with Americans.

pretty sure he's french canadian

how funny though. what a couple of little kids.
by beedle
Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Blowup Leads to Sudden Cancellation of Fez II

LOL

And this is why we don't mix well with Americans.
pretty sure he's french canadian

how funny though. what a couple of little kids.

I meant the whole of the North and South. Pretty much.
nah you aren't allowed to pick on canadians, they used to be with us and only reluctantly gave up being ruled by us. unlike the dirty turncoat bastards.
by beedle
Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 47 Ronin

Henry Spencer wrote: The Last Samurai all over again. Hollywood sure love dat whitewashing.

that's kind of unfair. I don't see how the last samurai was whitewashing given it was based on an actual person.
by beedle
Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what about a biopic about me
by beedle
Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you're probably old enough to be in it
by beedle
Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

hahaha
by beedle
Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Subtitles

how do you even miss dialogue, unless you aren't paying attention
by beedle
Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Subtitles

literally never had an issue so i dunno what you lot are on about
by beedle
Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YAY! SOPA might be coming back

silent killer wrote: Thinking about it, game publishers may finally get the upper hand on people making "let's play" videos and posting them up on youtube.

won me over, I am now lobbying in favour of this.
by beedle
Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you racist? Take this test to find out.

this is bullshit I don't need to take some stupid test, I already know I'm racist.
by beedle
Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

season 1 was the best
by beedle
Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: War in Syria

it's weird, every time I think about america and france playing war without the uk, I get a little twang of... well it's not quite pride yet. But it nearly is. It's quite bizarre, I've never felt anything like that in regards to British politics since, like, ever.
by beedle
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: People on the Dojo that you think would make a nice coup

Peter wrote:
LawXiu wrote: Ryudo and Peter.

That gag would have been hilarious if you guys hadn't actually gotten a room together at the Good ol' Gen2Gen Inn. Hope you used lube for the arse chaffing!

ouch, someone's a bit jealous
by beedle
Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: People on the Dojo that you think would make a nice coup

Peter wrote: Not at all. I wouldn't touch him with yours

bit defensive eh? defo some sexual tension there.
by beedle
Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: hi, hope that i posting in the right place! new guy

you should have been banned imo
by beedle
Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

haven't you got dickhead results to cry about
by beedle
Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HAHA, fucking dancing bronies n shit.

I've always wanted to go to a furry convention dressed like Van Pelt from Jumanji and firing a bb gun at people
by beedle
Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mue is almost old enough to support farage
by beedle
Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Mo' Gin

got a letter through the post from ITV once. he signed me up to audition for britain's got talent

he's a complete piece of shit anyway
by beedle
Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

don't even know why I got brought into this, thanks CUNT
by beedle
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foreign Language?

don't like foreigners, if you are foreign get out of this forum please
by beedle
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Member of the Month

I nominate animegamer for member of the month, because he's acting like a massive member.
by beedle
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

wow you are old as fuck now
by beedle
Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if theres one thing i want to here more of, it's what people think about miley cyrus
by beedle
Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get all superior about this too, until I start explaining it to someone and realise it doesn't actually make a lick of sense. I was born in England, my passport says I'm British, and the front cover says The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So is the UK a country? Is Great Britain a country? Is Britain a country? Is England a country? We need to make up our collective minds and stick to it.

Great Britain is an island. The United Kingdom is Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain comprises of England, Scotland and Wales. It's pretty easy.
by beedle
Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Member of the Month

glad to see those 475 PMs i sent weren't in vain
by beedle
Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2013 Shenmue Dojo Awards Ceremony

yeah im a winner third place biggest bully BABY
by beedle
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rakim wrote:
beedle wrote: is that picture really animegamer?

yes.

HAHAHAHA ok please post it every chance you get
by beedle
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the stuff with photos is fair game. they were posted on this forum, not dredged up from fb or something. also if you post a pic like that you're kind of asking for it?

Fuckin ell man, that kitchen looks as middle class as it gets. It's bigger than my bleedin bedroom!
it looks like a student kitchen to me
by beedle
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
beedle wrote: new simpsons is terrible, sorry. Kenny is right, it tries to be like Family Guy. And Family Guy is god awful, so QED.

Is there like, anything, you have ever liked or said anything positive about? :???: :!:

yes, mue's sense of humour. I can only aspire to be as witty as he is.
by beedle
Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Do You Collect?

wude wrote: bottle caps, stamps, weird looking rocks/minerals and figurines

you just sound like a borrower
by beedle
Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

dark souls and broken age
by beedle
Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think anyone over the age of like 13 defends what justin bieber did. he is barely relevant anymore.

bieber is just someone who's cool to hate. he's never on my radar in the real world, it's just nerds who won't shut up about him.
by beedle
Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

you are going to be all right
by beedle
Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought the cooking thread was hilarious
by beedle
Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Ukraine...

This isn't blind imperialism from Russia. It feels threatened by the expansion of western influences and NATO into its sphere of influence, and probably rightfully so in many respects. Ukraine was a buffer for Western Europe and a Russian ally, and regardless whether or not they have a genuine reason to be concerned, it's pretty obvious why they feel the way they do. Imagine if the Canadian government was overthrown and replaced by a pro-Russian one, and Russian diplomats were leaked discussing how they can exploit the crisis. I don't think the U.S. would behave calmly and accept the outcome. Of course, that doesn't mean I support what they're doing, I just feel it's important to understand the other side.

Also I don't think they'll pull the plug. It would ultimately harm Russia more so than Europe.
by beedle
Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic