Search found 112 matches

Return

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

I am 100% down for $30 extra on July 3rd! Count me in!
by Anonymous81
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New $30 on the 3rd banners by Ricardo Valverde.

by Ziming
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Will Be On Twitch This Friday

The problem is that these are kids most likely with no experience. They needed a team with a proven track record. That guy was the definition of unprofessional.

Ok, this is just a joke... But this is the scene that happened in my head as I was watching the guy going nuts:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/2/23/Get_up_I'll_allow_you_to_die_like_a_warrior.png/revision/latest?cb=20140128023819

"Get up. I'll allow you to die like a warrior."

But even that seems like more than he'd deserve. xD

(Ok, Sorry.)
by Hynad
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really good site Elf!

The only thing I'd say is remove or reword the 'I think some of you can give more than $30' as that's an almost negative way to end.

Maybe say $30 is just the recommended amount for this campaign and if you can give more please do so.

Question on this (probably answeredb so apologies if so) but can I open a new KS account and use the same card as my existing pledge to do this as a new backer so I get another digital copy?

I want to support this by pledging more and also want to get my friends to check Shenmue out and this would cover both :)
by joka
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Yea this sort of harassment and lampooning is super shitty and incredibly immature. If the mods don't care to take this sort of garbage down then I suppose they won't mind my comment. Go fuck yourselves. Are you adults? That's embarrassing. I can understand why the gaming community has a lot people who pull shit like this. It's filled with 30 year old virgins and cynical teenage twerps who rely on escapism to make up for their pathetic lives and so they think its ok to try to humiliate others instead of looking in the mirror at their own mediocrity. A little clue, its not ok. Dude gave me quite the laugh but he just seemed like a harmless hyped Shenmue fan. Like a kid in a toy store and I don't blame him for that. He made what would have otherwise been a pretty dry and boring 50 minutes kind of entertaining. This is why the gaming community is so pathetic. They are just games and you take this shit waaay to seriously. The kickstarter is doing fine btw. If you want to take something serious don't watch gaming news, watch world news and instead of bashing harmless and powerless individuals go full ham on corrupt politicians and corporations. Spend the time making the world a better place instead of harassing insignificant people you worthless twerps. Fuk.

I had the very same thoughts while watching the Q&A stream last night. Many and I mean MANY couldn't stand the circus act we were watching with Yu Suzuki. He's a game designer whom everyone greatly respect in the video game world. He comes back to the public eye after 14 years to give us fans the game we truly want. Are we suppose to just sit back and pretend that was OK? Joel acted like some court jester during the entire interview. He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

Cédric is actually answering a lot of tweets about AJ complains !

mémémargot : " Cedric I am disappointed, I know you love Shenmue more than anything else, don't let Awesome Japan destroy everything "
Cédric Biscay : " It is being looked into. "

I love when he writes like this. [-o< I don't expect so much though.
Very interesting...
by long lightbulb
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

Cédric is actually answering a lot of tweets about AJ complains !

mémémargot : " Cedric I am disappointed, I know you love Shenmue more than anything else, don't let Awesome Japan destroy everything "
Cédric Biscay : " It is being looked into. "

I love when he writes like this. [-o< I don't expect so much though.
by Yokosuka
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was thinking about uping my $300 pledge to $500 anyway,so I might as well do it on the 3rd.

Hopefully it gets to at least the 5-6 million dollar mark by the time the kickstarter ends.
by DL30
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2. Even if they haven't, just yelling at them to up their pledge will unlikely provide much motivation for them to do so
3. The whole thing is insulting for the fans who can't afford to up their pledge
4. It will come across as pressurizing, and may even put people off pledging at all

There's a world of difference between 'encouraging' and 'pressurizing' and everything I've read on $30 On The 3rd is unassuming, well-meaning and polite. Unless you interpret a week-old News Update and a couple of topics proposing the $30 idea as 'yelling'.

As for being insulted - are we going to vet all of our Shenmue III donation ideas for 'inclusivity' and 'financial background representation' now? Or are we just going to do whatever we can? If someone can afford to help, they're welcome to and that's pretty much it.
by Mystere
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I won't have access to a computer until the 5th, but I'll do my pledge then.
by Thief
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Games """""""""""""""journalism"""""""""""""""
by KidMarine
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we be expecting AAA standards or indie standards?

Suzuki said Shenmue 3 would be more character orientated than open world exploration anyway. So I think this will really work in it's favour too.

This is actually what I'm worried about. I know before the Shenmue 3 announcement we all said "I don't care what it is long as Shenmue 3 is made" but we live in a world where it's being made, so now we're less desperate and want to say what it should and shouldn't be. But I can't think of a Shenmue game that isn't an open world. Shenmue was the first truly open world game I'd ever experienced. That was what drew me to the game. I saw a DVD showing how much freedom the player would have and I was hooked. So to think of a more linear Shenmue doesn't seem like Shenmue to me. I'm not expecting GTA V or Just Cause 2 but I'd like an open world similar in scope to Shenmue 1 and 2.

Yeah, I agree, the open world is very important IMHO. I don't care if the graphics aren't as good as modern AAA games, but it must have an open world like the first two games or it just won't be Shenmue.
by Gavan
Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

It's limited to 140 characters, and with a series of posts the Dojo's would hog the space from other people. It makes no difference in terms of the use of the hashtags, I think they're looking from quantities of individuals.
by NeoShredder
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have access to the Dojo's twitter but I'd probably rather leave putting the most important questions up there up to someone else for now as I'm still not very good with Twitter and we don't want to mess this up.

So you think it will be best to ask the questions on friday, while this is running? It makes sense but I thought maybe he has by then already picked his questions and will answer them. So maybe it's better to post the question earlier?
by BlueMue
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One question..... and one selfish question only....

Will there be any more dinners added to the $10,000 tier?

Times running out and I am starting to lose hope. I've done everything in my power to make it happen, from contacting every person who could possibly make it a reality, to already selling off some of my most prized gaming treasures, which may turn out to be for absolutely no reason.

Again, a selfish question I know, and I apologise.
by Peter
Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll pledge an extra $30, but can't afford any more. I hope this campaign is successful and the Kickstarter is also updated to entice new backers.
by Reprise
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

elfshadowreaper wrote:Dojo mods, please sticky this or post it on the home page for maximum exposure.

Posted this to the front page :)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7pm BST it is then. We'll know that the spike at this particular time is from the absolute Shenmue dedicated! (by that i mean dedicated enough to find out the specific time of donation, all contributions on the 3rd (or any other date or time) are HIGHLY HIGHLY APPRECIATED! :D )
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

http://i.imgur.com/yzQrS87.png

The $30 on the 3rd Kickstarter push is almost upon us!
For those of us who can afford to make an extra $30 donation, it would be highly recommended to try and up our pledge together across the globe in one big hit. This way we can make the strongest impact on the Kickstarter.

Below are the ideal timezones for varying countries:

PDT 11 a.m. | MDT 12 p.m. | CDT 1 p.m. | EDT 2 p.m.
———————
UCT 6 p.m. | BST 7 p.m. | CEST 8 p.m. | EEST 9 p.m.

More information about this Kickstarter push can be found on the Dojo's forum discussion thread .

Please understand that in no way, shape or form is this push forcing you to pledge extra. If you can afford any extra at this time (or even after the 3rd) then please do - but it is important that you and your own are taken care of first and foremost.

Thank you - to anyone who can - for going the extra mile. Now let's send a shock wave through that Kickstarter!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #30onthe3rd
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | 30onthe3rd.com | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YOUR picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

I'll be taking on the task to tweet our most requested question on the Dojo's Twitter during #YouaskYu.

In this older topic http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48183 some suggestions have been made already but not a whole lot.
We need more input on this and we need it fast to get the question out in time. So far asking about if we will get both dubs and fully voiced NPCs is the top pick from the old thread but not by much.

Please leave your most requested question here. Doesn't matter if you already tweeted it yourself.
by BlueMue
Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

If it's PS4 physical or Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, the Kickstarter will explode along with #30onthe3rd 8)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

They've made about $35k today with no new tiers and America has barely woken up. Is that bad?
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

And ask about more dinners. That's a no-brainer to raise more money. There are plenty who would jump at that opportunity. Like Peter.

If he added 2 more, then maybe because its also giving someone else the opportunity, which id be cool with. But i dont wanna waste time with a question thats only beneficial for myself.
That isn't the case though man, there could be quite a few people wanting such things. I strongly believe in the studio tour with goodies, sign sessions. Playing the game early and seeing all sorts of things. That is a true Shenmue dream imo and it could be done in small groups if enough people buy into it.
by Jackie Fhan
Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

I really want this question answered.
by Ziming
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

That would be so awesome!
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I upped my pledge $30. Got to reserve my last real pledge for the final day.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - New reward tiers added.

THEY ADDED THE PS4 PHYSICAL!
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

I mean honestly, is this what you want to see as a chiyomen member?

by Jeff
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Blazes Past $4M, New Stretch Goal Unlocked

I increased my pledge by an extra $30 today. I hope everyone also does the same so we can reach more stretch goals! I'm very happy we have reached $4 mil. :D
by SegaMon
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YOUR picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

The questions have been collected and counted. Since Yu Suzuki follows the Dojo's Twitter and we have high chances to get answers I decided to go a step further and tweet the top 3 most requested and important question.
That is about the fight system, the voiceovers and donations after the Kickstarter is over.

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617029898402709504

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617031526660894720

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617033973320019968
by BlueMue
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

This entire Shenmue III debacle has made me completely opinionated towards gaming journalists. I mean, before I was apathetic, because who gives a shit, right? But now? I actively don't even want to visit their sites much less give them hits.
by Himuro
Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Even fellow Kotaku editors be like "What the hell...?"

Image courtesy of Ryo Hazuki from Neogaf:

by ConanTheKing
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

I have talked to Jason Schreier, News Editor of Kotaku about this. He is now posting in the Shenmue thread on GAF. He's not happy about this article at all. Apparently the staff is off this weekend and so this post did not go through normal editorial review process.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The answer to our YouTuber problem

elfshadowreaper wrote: Makes sense. Oh well.

I know you weren't ill intended. Shenmue's on all our minds right now. We'll get there. :)
by LucBu
Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

Link?
Here are just a few of such posts. There are a bunch more...
https://41.media.tumblr.com/c3b20fbe197b6fc3163bc952459c197d/tumblr_nqzfumDvh91tyym0to1_1280.jpg
by Erevador
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

Esspiral has already made this beauty. I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd ask him/her to take off the PEGI logo, though.

by Himuro
Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Created some hi-res Shenmue logo PNGs for general use.

http://i.imgur.com/MdbHb5F.jpg

Obviously not the mirror version, but this dragon graphic is now done. Will update my original post.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart3.png

This one's for Kotaku.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart4.jpg
by ash55
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Ha, i think this is an awesome idea. Some people may disagree, but i say do it. its efforts like this that led to Shenmue 3 being revived in the first place. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, let's go all out (If you are financially able to)

elfshadowreaper, your contribution to the campaign has been brilliant. Let's go out with a BANG!!!!

Update:

Will you be making another site dedicated to this occasion. Details, dates etc.
by ShenSun
Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry guys, I've been at work and haven't had a chance to do anything with the image. I don't think I'm going to put the actual time the Kickstarter ends on the graphic because it would get too busy putting all the time zones. I think I'll just put the last three dates of the Kickstarter. And then I'll try to set up 30onthe3rd.com/finalblow

maybe just put the kickstarter end date of the different times zones on the website, and on the first page of this topic.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did some more playing around with a videoclip :lol:
phpBB [video]
by Retroberra
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic