Re: ShenmueDojo Book Club

I didn't read it

:rotflmao:

Reminds me of high school.
by Thief
Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2 (LEAVE A GOOD HINT PER PIC)

Oh whoops... I actually know the game. It's Run Saber. I forgot I clicked on the guess the game thread :P
by Thief
Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

I don't like having gaps in conversation. Even if I hate someone, I'd still want to see all the stupid things they say.
by Thief
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D5QFHw_Cwc[/youtube]

I don't know how anyone could be a Shenmue fan and not be excited for this game. The Longest Journey is the shit!
by Thief
Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it Senritsu no Stratus?
by Thief
Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hint 2

it's a PC-98 game
by Thief
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, it's actually a pretty decent game... although I couldn't beat level three. You can also turn off all the adult oriented scenes in the options menu and play it like a straight up mech game if you want.
by Thief
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaE5JAlVDk[/youtube]

This video made me really happy, be yourself!
by Thief
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it Solatorobo?

If I'm right whoever posts next can choose the next pic, I'm on my way to work right now... just felt like guessing.
by Thief
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost the car key

Why're ya'll talkin' about me?!
by Thief
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

This game is pissing me off, but I'm really starting to like it. I've come to the conclusion that I just suck because I'm still stuck on the first boss.. haha. I got him down to barely any life and then died, so I decided to take a break from it for a few hours or so. The game keeps telling me to try easy mode, BUT I WON'T. Psch, think it can insult me with the easy mode option? Whatever, I will conquer this spider/scorpion eventually!
by Thief
Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Well the poster made me want to watch it. Downloading now.
by Thief
Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

MiTT3NZ, happy birthday doooooooood.
by Thief
Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixyBoXt81U[/youtube]
by Thief
Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I was going to give this series a real shot with the HD Collection only to find out it was only released in Japan. Laaaaaaaaaaame!
by Thief
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

You're probably just not in the mood for videogames at the moment. I go in phases... I'll read a bunch of manga then I won't want to so I switch to watching television shows, then I get bored of that and switch to video games. It goes in cycles. I'm just personally in a video game mode right now, specifically Metal Gear. If you're currently bored of video games might I suggest watching the greatest television show ever made, 3rd Rock From The Sun!

Don't worry, before long you'll be into the games again!
by Thief
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah no worries dude, I was never offended. What good would this place be if we all couldn't poke fun at eachother? :P
by Thief
Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Gah... I'm at the part were you have to fight Null for the second time in Portable Ops. The fight isn't hard it's just annoying and I died when his health was barely left. Screw it. I'm only two missions away before the final boss but I'm done. I'm sick of my hand hurting because if this gaaaaaaame. It's too bad too because it's actually kind of fun, but the boss battles are either too easy or just tedious beyond all belief.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the last two missions on youtube and move on to Metal Gear Solid 4. Not worth the hassle anymore... stupid Portable Ops! You could have been good but...
by Thief
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PoliceNauts for Sega Saturn - English Version

The Saturn requires a modchip that you can buy for $40 from Racketboy. It's really easy to install even if you're a beginner to soldering. Playing Front Mission 5 is much easier though, all you need to do is install freemcboot on a PS2 memory card and ESR patch the iso before you burn it. Doesn't cost a thing (minus the game that you originally import and extract the ISO from).
by Thief
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Boxart

This series is looking very appealing...

Random trivia!!! I wanted to be a pilot in High School... even got a little aviation symbol on my class ring!

The box art is really nice. Also, weirdly enough, I really like the lettering of the title.
by Thief
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anybody know any good war video games that aren't first/third person shooters, real-time strategy, or JRPG? Kind of a weird question... I'm having a hard time coming up with many for some reason.

Thank you everybody who responded. It's really hard for me not to be really picky about this for some reason. I'm hoping to find something with a semi-realistic art style and tone regardless of whether it's sci-fi/whatever or not, which kind of eliminates Advance Wars, Metal Slug, and Valkyria Chronicles although they are all very good games. I also prefer the war to be between mankind rather then against an alien foe.. which would also eliminate XCOM: Enemy Unknown unfortunately.

OL mentioned Front Mission which would actually be the perfect example of something I would want. Problem is that I'm already very familiar with Front Mission :P. I've been looking into Spec Ops The Line lately because I've noticed OL and Henry Spencer talk about it on here lately (wow it really feels like I'm eavesdropping sometimes on here) and after some research it seems like the kind of game I'm looking for despite it being a third person shooter. I've also been taking a notice to the Ace Combat series -- which I never got a change to play so I ordered Ace Combat 4 off of ebay for $10.

Lastly, also because of OL, I've been wanting to get into Armored Core for a while now... however I'm not really sure where to start and how to invest my time into the game. I heard that Armored Core V is mostly online but is the community pretty much dead? I'm not even a big fan of online to begin with, could I enjoy the game by playing it single player?

Anyway... why do I have to be so incredibly picky? I'm grateful for people like OL and Henry Spencer because they seem to like a lot of the same stuff I do so I can just lurk and steal game recommendations from them, haha. Thanks again for the help guys.
by Thief
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Well I beat Metal Gear Solid 4 and well... i'll use spoilers just in case it was a lot better than I expected it to be. For one thing the gameplay is top notch, especially the boss battles (minus vamp because blarghghgh how the hell was I supposed to know what to do?! Waste my time will ya). Laughing Octopus and Crying Wolf had me genuinely freaked out when I was playing, and piloting Metal Gear REX? Hell yeah! I put on "The Best Is Yet To Come" on the in-game ipod and owned the crap out of Metal Gear RAY.

The story was kind of hit and miss for me. I like some of the ideas but it really failed in execution. Some of the scenes were so incredibly pointless and reaaaaaalllly cheesy. For example, some random scene between those two other guys in Meryl's squad, "We were great partners" "no... great friends" :roll: In fact pretty much everything to do with Meryl and her squad and Roy Cambell, et cetera, made me want to blow my brains out. Especially the part with Akiba and Meryl killing a bajillion FROGs and asking eachother to marry them. Blargh. So many scenes in this game just weren't necessary. "Mei Ling, please comfort me! It's my first time in action!". Yuck!

Two parts I really liked though were the segments with Big Mama and ironically the ending scene with Big Boss (I thought I would've hated this but I guess my memory's awful). They were a bit heavy handed with talk talk talk talk talk but really helped me understand the overarching story with the Ocelot, EVA, Big Boss, Zero thing going on... which is confusing. Snake's overall journey in this game and overall suffering really kind of left a big impact on me for some reason. I felt a sort of overwhelming sadness for his character but an immense respect towards him. There is only really one part (well two but whatever...) in all of Metal Gear that's made me cry and that's this scene:

http://youtu.be/KG2w3q0HlFY?t=25m41s

When Otacon says, "Snake had a hard life. He needs some time to rest" it just gets to me. Both he and Otacon have lived such hard lives and have lost so much, including each other. Their friendship is mostly unspoken but really incredible.

All in all, I feel more positive about Metal Gear Solid 4 than I do negative. I suppose I should move on to Peace Walker now but it honestly feels like such a shift in tone. Metal Gear Solid 4 had such finality to it that playing another game -- one that takes place in 1974 -- just feels so weird.
by Thief
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I'd hang on to it for now. It's practically the Earthbound for the Genesis and it's bound to only go up in value regardless of its actual rarity and worth, simply because of how famous it is. Most games aren't a good investment but some can be.
by Thief
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The job system in Final Fantasy V is extremely fun and the simplicity of its story and characters is really charming. Honestly it's my favorite of the pre-playstation Final Fantasy games. I agree, it deserves to be played.
by Thief
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eh, honestly I think that FF6 is the most overrated of the final fantasies. The story just falls apart about halfway through the game when you have to start finding all your party members, Kefka is the single most boring antagonist ever for pretty much the same reasons you like him, the game requires you to use its huge cast of characters -- most of which are awful, and the graphics are pretty terrible -- games like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana do much better. I'll agree that the game has good music but I'm not going to play it for that, instead I'll go on youtube.
by Thief
Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GIVE TEEPO™ A FAIR CHANCE?

Damn, I was hoping for TEE-POULTRY™ this time.

To enter back into the dojo you must show your worth! We shall select one of our own and you must battle him in a fight to the death. Only through victory will you be allowed to return!
by Thief
Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

I'm glad we finally have a topic like this, an absolute necessity. Welcome to the forum Adam!
by Thief
Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your most overlooked system or game

http://i.imgur.com/258qSPf.jpg

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

With all the love there is for 3D platformers on the Nintendo 64, I feel like this game never gets talked about. It has a great world, hilarious cast of characters, multiple playable characters with unique abilities, some really wonderful music. I wonder sometimes if this is my favorite Nintendo 64 game... I struggle between Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie and this game.

In fact the whole series is often overlooked but that's pretty much because most of them aren't available in the west. Anyway... I love this game and this series :)

D-D-DASH!
by Thief
Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, I'm sorry I thought you were talking about Fatal Frame 4 for some reason :P
by Thief
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your most overlooked system or game

I've beaten Mischief Makers multiple times, the real trouble is S-ranking every level... it's actually on my bucket list along side driving over a car in a tank.

"Through fire justice is served!"
by Thief
Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

Rakim, if you haven't seen it yet watch Macross Plus! You can thank me later :P
by Thief
Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Console Cameo's in games

In Phantasy Star Online you could get a bunch of different Sega Consoles as your Mag. You were able to get the kits for these mags by opening a christmas present that was dropped by a Saint Rappy on Christmas.

Mark III
http://i.imgur.com/1F8qDYD.jpg

Master System
http://i.imgur.com/MOz1b92.jpg

Genesis
http://i.imgur.com/k2ulBgB.jpg

Saturn
http://i.imgur.com/dVPOHYc.jpg

Dreamcast
http://i.imgur.com/MkYXk4P.jpg
by Thief
Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Console Cameo's in games

^ I think every Pokemon has a console in the main character's house. Whichever is relevant for the time, there's a Super Nintendo in Pokemon Red for instance.
by Thief
Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

Haha, yeah they are pretty bad, but that's why they're so charming :P I'll always love old Sega for their cheezyness.
by Thief
Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm going to post it here... because it's pretty hilarious.

by Thief
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signature and Avatar Post Up Thread + Requests

I've never been a fan of overly large signatures. They just clutter up the forum when I'm trying to read posts. Some of them can be kind of cool to look at though.

Avatars though, absolutely essential. I can't be bothered to actually read someone's name when they post! Picture association is what I live for! I prefer it when people pick an avatar with a face, that way I could potentially have a conversation with Tom Hanks, Superman, and an Ewok.
by Thief
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I picked up my first game for my 3DS today

I've actually never played a Fire Emblem game but I figured this was a good time to start. Plus I needed something to keep me busy on my new system while I wait for Animal Crossing :)
by Thief
Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Cover Project

Does anybody here use thecoverproject.net in order to make custom cases for their videogames. I'm really thinking about printing out and labeling some cases for my nintendo 64 games since they're such a hassle to pick out of the bunch and I just have empty shelf space anyway. Plus labeling the games with a labelmaker makes it look like shit!

http://i.imgur.com/mzcUEGY.jpg

Plus they have tons of really nice, high quality images for the cover inserts. I just need to take a trip down to Kinkos since I don't own a color printer.

I'm also considering doing this for my Super Famicom cartridges since they suffer from the same fate as the N64 games - no end labels. Anyway what do you guys think of these cases? Does anybody here use them?
by Thief
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So who wants to go to mars?

I don't want the first men and women on Mars to be part of a reality TV show.
by Thief
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Boxart

Have you gotten the game yet Ryudo? It's probably one of my favorite games on the console but I don't think it's the best... if that makes any sense. I guess I mean that I like it despite all of its flaws. Anyway, hope you enjoy it, although I'd much prefer to play it in English especially with all the music in the game.

Have fun :)

EDIT* Also, if you haven't considered it already, I'd really recommend getting Panzer Dragoon Saga in Japanese. Not only is it tremendously cheaper but it's very playable. The main appeal to that game, in my opinion, is the environments and atmosphere to the game. You could even set up a youtube page next to you on your laptop and have the scenes ready to be played when you get to them. That way you don't miss any story either.
by Thief
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ5J-g2dpVE[/youtube]

I love this game...
by Thief
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Legend of Zelda Clockwork Empire

Ryudo wrote: and better than anything Nintendo has done in a decade.

Ummm.... disagree :)
by Thief
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Well... I've been really into Fire Emblem lately and I noticed that it's getting a crossover with the Shin Megami Tensei series. So I figured I'd give the series a shot finally. I had originally played Persona 3 but I wasn't really a fan of it, and honestly I couldn't tell you why, but that's my only experience with the series (Persona is apparently a spin-off?)

Anyway, I was using wiki and didn't know if I should start with Megami Tensei on the NES or Shin Megami Tensei on the SNES? Or if I should just skip around and play some essentials... basically I don't know what to do. :P

Can anybody familiar with the series help me out?
by Thief
Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic