Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Anthony, let us know how the CDs from the UK do. I found some CDs on a Japanese site here that work just fine, but they only ship/accept payment within Japan. They are not too pricey, so perhaps I can hook you up if needed and you could distribute within the states.
by Nico0020
Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I have tried both the 80min and 99 min release of this and they are both pretty similar audio wise. The 99 min audio is better, but its still more degraded than even the 80min Shenmue undub. Is it just not possible to get the English audio on a 99min CD-R without downgrading the audio a ton? Even though I prefer the JP audio, I'd still love to have a custom English disc version of the game too.
by Nico0020
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have to redact my statement. I had mislabled one of my 80 versions as 99 min. I decided to check again after your post and saw it was the wrong disc. My mistake.

I played around on disc 1 a bit. It seems to depend on the dialog and which NPCs. The 99 min version is far better than the 80 min version, but some NPCs are still a bit robotic, but its quite good. I can handle the 99min version, though I am still curious about my original question.

Is it just not possible to fit the audio without downsampling it? I'm guessing the original xbox files are quite large due to them having a lot of space to work with on DVD at the time?
by Nico0020
Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only for about 30 mintues. I ran around the first area talking to random people. Here is an example of the downsampled audio in the 99 minute version. Please note that not all NPCs sound like this, the free speech seems better than the cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGN4txlNY4

Sorry for the shakyness, I recorded from my phone, but you can easily hear the audio.
by Nico0020
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The free speech seems to be better in disc 1 than the cut scenes. I'll post another view later with scenes from free speech on disc 1. I haven't played any one disc 2/3/4 of this version so I cant comment on those yet.

The release is quite good. But I bet with if someone could optimize it (removing unneeded and duplicate files) we could have a perfect English Shenmue II on Dreamcast via 99 Min CD-R. I really hope someone can pick up this project.
by Nico0020
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea, I will be out of town as of next Wednesday evening. So if anyone wants any discs I can ship some out by then. I'll watch my PM box until then so hopefully I can get a few orders out to those still looking for 99min CD-Rs.
by Nico0020
Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

There are no audio issues in the 99 minute version. The smith version had mixed up audio tracks, but not this one.
by Nico0020
Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

A huge thanks from a big Shenmue fan for doing this. It's my dream undub / the only undub I've ever been interested in. Seems more appropriate for an undub than any other game.

Every year or so I would type in "Shenmue Undub" in the hope some hugely awesome Shenmue fan had done the business, and low and behold after typing it in a few months ago, the dream had come true ;)

I've had a quick go in Null DC, and as brilliant as the undub seems, Null DC just aint the same as playing on an actual Dreamcast.

So my question is, do any of you guys have an update on the 99min cdr situation? I'd love to get my hands on some, but everyone seems to be saying the same thing, the DX ones don't work anymore, and the MediaRange ones are either no good, or only work on Yamaha drives.

I'd probably rather go the emu route than play the downsampled/cut 700mb version.

If it's too tricky to get 99min disks, what emu works best with Shenmue?

Cheers.

Sorry I've been away from the boards for awhile. I still have some 99min CD-Rs that work great on DC, so if anyone is still looking feel free to PM me.
by Nico0020
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anyone still wants this, I will be visiting the states in December. Usually when I ship these out the shipping costs are quite high from JP. So if you're interested PM me soon and I can ship from within USA for much cheaper next month.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
by Nico0020
Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ferrari F355 Challenge. Any old network racers here?

I never played Ferrari online, but played a ton of PSOv2, Outtrigger and Alien front online. Also played a bit of other titles too. Dreamcast Online has been having a big revival recently with the DreamPI modem, and many games coming back online over the past two years. Ive actually been playing a bit of Alien Front Online again, and I always drop into PSO a few times a year which is nostalgic as hell always.
by Nico0020
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic