Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I'm really against the English dub, as this would take out a huge chunk of budget that could have been allocated in other more important aspects of the game.

Can't tell if trolling or not.

But I'll bite anyway.

You do realize that a HUGE part of the fan base speaks English, right?

And do you really think the game will sell at all (to anyone other than rabid fans and even then not so much) if there is no English dub?

When I was working at a video store and Pan's Labyrinth came out, people were PISSED that it was only in Spanish. That movie was INCREDIBLE.

I seriously cannot believe that anyone could have this opinion. It's just beyond absurd.
by HedlessChickn
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I'm really against the English dub, as this would take out a huge chunk of budget that could have been allocated in other more important aspects of the game.

Can't tell if trolling or not.

But I'll bite anyway.

You do realize that a HUGE part of the fan base speaks English, right?

And do you really think the game will sell at all (to anyone other than rabid fans and even then not so much) if there is no English dub?

When I was working at a video store and Pan's Labyrinth came out, people were PISSED that it was only in Spanish. That movie was INCREDIBLE.

I seriously cannot believe that anyone could have this opinion. It's just beyond absurd.

I'm sure you are aware that dubbing is not cheap right? Plus Shenmue has VO for every single character. So if Shenmue 3 were to have English and Japanese dub, I wonder how many new npcs Yu Suzuki would have to sacrifice to accommodate your ENGLISH must have attitude. Why not Chinese as well? The story takes place in China after all, and the potential of selling copies in the Chinese market is more appealing than in the USA, where the Shenmue's sales proved to be not so great in the past right?

Of course it costs money..
But it would most likely cost them more money (in sales) not to.
I'm sure that Yu is more than aware of this.

Would I go so far as to cancel my donation?

No. I'm a big enough fan to take it in any form.

But that's just it, I'm a fan.

Newcomers will be put off of it and will speak so. Can you imagine the backlash?
by HedlessChickn
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site still said I was logged in O_o

I can also verify that this is happening with firefox. I can't login with FF but I can with Chrome.
by HedlessChickn
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Raithos wrote: Image

Yeah, pretty much this. Just waiting for the unlock...
by HedlessChickn
Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic