Search found 632 matches

Return

Re: Thanking Sony

Sony is doing this as a publicity stunt, and I don't fault them for that, because for once it doesn't hurt the customer, there's no scamming going on(a big departure from last gen huh lol, where every single thing Sony did, was a scam. Needless to say, they really did need the good PR), ect everyone wins :)

Yea people shouldn't be humping Sega's legs, that goes double for asking/expecting Sega to rerelease Shenmue 1, and 2, It's not going to happen.

The best chance of a 1, and 2 port would be for Yu to get it from sega, and then for Sony to fund it, seeing how it wont cost jack, I doubt Sony would mind(and if they are still scared because the 2nd game sold like crap originally, which was all of Sega's fault btw, well put the Blu-ray format to use lol. Put both Shenmue 1, and 2 on the same disc).

I actually hate Sony personally, but even so, I'm very, very, very thankful to them for handling the advertising, and publishing for Shenmue 3.
by Zoltor
Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last of Us 2 accidentally confirmed

I liked seeing the change in Joel. Sure he was a bit of a dick but after what happened to him and the world I can understand him having a chip on his shoulder. I liked seeing the glimpses of a man who was becoming happy again. They did it in a realistic way by slowly dropping random conversations, most games would have one cutscene and suddenly he'd be bouncing off the walls like Pee Wee.

As for Ellie I think I mainly liked her because of the movie The Road. I was really excited to see that movie and that kid ruined it. His grown up in a world where people want to kill/rape/eat you and all he does is whine because everyone isn't nice to one another. Ellie spoke like a kid who had grown up in a world like that, she knew that if a guy had a gun or knife what to do. I also liked how you would see something like an abandoned Ice Cream truck and after having it explained to her she just couldn't understand it. I really liked that you had one person who lived in the world as we know it and someone who never experienced any of it.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're on a roll recently bringing back, or to the west, games we wanted but had no hopes for. Sony just doesn't let dreams be dreams.

Thanks PS3 for hitting their ego really hard, so now we can be thankful for their work.
by Shin Pan Tzee
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.
by sand4fish
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.

Another good idea. It'd be good to have international cards too, so we have Japanese, Chinese, French, and Brazilian Shenmue fans all sending cards.
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in too! :D
by Mr357
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pushing to make my article about Shenmue 3 published on a website (my chances are very poor but I try) and I'm currently correcting some parts : after reflections, I have difficulties to be precise about the most crucial part : the Sony's role.

We know since The Point with Gio Corsi that Sony's role is to help the devs by doing the promotion and giving some tech help and a bit of publishing but they're not the publishers. But Corsi was talking about his company Third Party Production and I think his active role as workers. That doesn't mean he has funded something or not before, right ? Corsi never tried to deny the funding . And we know that Andrew House said at the early beginning that Sony funds the game.

So, rather to say "Sony don't fund the game" or "Sony don't fund the development of the game", I decided to write "Sony don't fund the whole game". Would I be wrong ? I don't want to be dishonest.
by Yokosuka
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?
by fittersau
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fittersau wrote: Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

Cards would be cute though! We can do both!
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my case, and probably also thousands of others, Shenmue 3 will be the "system seller" for the PS4. I will buy a PS4 in 2017, because of Shenmue 3 and I guess that's just the way of saying "Thank you!" that Sony are hoping for. :D

We could then again go there and say that Sony were the ones to initially kill off Shenmue by driving Sega out of the console business. If that had not happened, the Shenmue Saga would probably have been finished on Dreamcast, as intended. But let's not go there. That's ancient history.

I feel great gratitude to individual people at Sony for helping Yu out, especially Adam Boyes (legend!), Gio Corsi and Mark Cerny (is he even technically a Sony employee? I don't know). But me feeling gratitude towards Sony as a whole... I doubt that's ever gonna happen. I'm gonna buy their PS4. That enough "thanking" for me.

It was mainly us, the fans, who made S3 happen with our commitment throughout all those years. People like Boyes, Biscay, Corsi, Cerny and so on were just the missing parts of the puzzle which came together at the right time.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I :heart: you, Sony.

That OK?
by iyapol
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

I think we would use the 3rd in a better way trying to push the Paypal campaign along the #SaveShenmueHD.

If ever Sony should be "target" of the tweetathon, it should be in my opinion, by asking them to put pressure on SEGA for the HD Collection.

Looking at the Paypal campaign last numbers... we desperately need something to push it :|
by Kiske
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki is in Project X Zone 2?

For years most rumors have been no more than smoke, but this year apparently is the year of Shenmue.

By the way this is likely to be genuine as it appears that the source of the screenshots comes directly from Namco-Bandai Korea, being that the game will be launched there this December.
by sand4fish
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monkei wrote: Quite a lot of gaming sites have reported this by now.. seems to be real after all? :)

Well if they're all using the same source.. then it still could be questionable. Fact is no one has claimed photoshop. Given there are other SEGA franchises involved it's a high probability it's not fake.
by fittersau
Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony deserves a lot of credit, but the reason they're not getting it right now is because of the bad press that's resulted from their close association with a crowdfunded game. As fans we don't care about the so-called controversy, and it doesn't change how we feel about their role in Shenmue's revival, but many of us are also not keen to fan the flames and keep the media's damaging words in people's minds.

There will come a time when Sony and Shenmue can be mentioned in the same breath without other gamers jumping to regurgitate the nonsense they've read on Polygon or in GamesMaster, etc, but I don't think that time is now. Especially when the same kind of gamers are already on edge at the moment about the "shadiness" of asking for more money post-Kickstarter, as if that's never been done before.

The closer we get to Shenmue 3's release, the more Sony will get their due. It's just uncomfortable timing at the moment, probably for them as much as anybody.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I think I just "beat" the game this morning. I may have had a better experience with it than some though, since I was actually aware that mission 46 is technically the "last" mission as far as story goes. So knowing that, I may have just been able to appreciate it a little more.
I totally agree that the story as a whole was really weak. The stuff about the parasites was just... long in the tooth. So much prattling on about it, with almost nothing actually happening with it. And everything in the first chapter (the first twenty something missions) seems really loose and unfocused now that I'm looking back on it. It may have just been the fact that I stretched all of this out over 138 hours (holy shit, longest I've ever spent on any game in one playthrough), but judging by Riku's scant 50-hour time and his resulting thoughts, I'm thinking that's not really the case.
Anyway, whoever it was (too lazy to look right now) that said that it seemed like Kojima just had a bunch of ideas for scenes in his head with no plan on how to fit them together... that actually seems about right. There really are some excellent scenes here and there, definitely a number that will stay with me for a long time, just as the rest of the series has. But there just aren't enough of them, and they're all so far apart that you almost start to forget there even is a story.

Have to say I actually really loved the twist though. I was thinking for the whole game that it was going to be something else entirely, but then it kind of threw me for a loop. And as nutty as it is, the now-traditional timeline at the end actually shows that it totally fits within the series as a whole. The game does feel like it just kind of ends with no build-up or climax, but the timeline and the twist do manage to bring the series full-circle; there might be some gaps to fill in or whatever, but it's mostly stuff that only needs to be told and not shown. Surprisingly, MGSV really does bring the series to a sort of close, just as I was hoping Kojima would pull off. The story of the game itself is obviously "unfinished" to a degree, but when considering its place within the full series timeline, it actually segues right into the original Metal Gear.

I'm not going to comment on everything yet, because I still haven't seen some things (this "rain scene" with Quiet hasn't happened yet for me, and I haven't quite finished everything with the "secret" side-story on the medical platform), but I just thought I drop my basic thoughts post-credits. I think it'll actually be about a year or two before I can really place how I feel about the whole thing, but it's certainly got its ups and downs as it stands now.
by OL
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely amazing fan-made trailer for the game -- do not watch if you haven't finished the game, since it contains massive spoilers.

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Finally, gotta hand it to Super Bunnyhop for actually releasing a good review of MGSV.
by Thief
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NoconKid hired for Shenmue III

http://s10.postimg.cc/4oex6eyeh/Nocon_Kid.png

Many congratulations to NoconKid, who has now been hired as part of the team developing Shenmue 3!

The South Korean super fan has wowed fans across the globe with his homemade HD recreations of Shenmue environments, and his efforts have not gone unnoticed by Yu Suzuki himself.

As the Shenmue III project continues to prove that dreams do come true, we look forward to the detailed world that NoconKid will help to create in the most anticipated videogame sequel of all time.

You can revisit a 2014 interview with Ys Net's newest recruit here .

If you're participating in today's combined #SaveShenmueHD / #Shenmue3 Tweetathon then take a moment to congratulate him using @sseega1.
by Team Yu
Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community?

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.
by Riku Rose
Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

At our current pace (approx. $50,000 a month) I predict we will just barely make 6.5 million, adding one more stretch goal. Not horrible at all. Not the greatest, but not horrible. Still privileged and excited to have been a part of this, no matter what the outcome. Still think everyone here are gaming heroes lol. :P
by Anonymous81
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed:

Famitsu this week confirms a number of new characters set to appear in Project X Zone 2, including the leaked characters from the Korean version of the game.

The full list of new confirmations include:

Solo Units

Ingrid (Capcom Fighting Evolution)
Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)

Enemy Characters

M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Pyron (Darkstalkers)
Black Hayato (Star Gladiator)
Ranmaru (Sakura Wars V)
T-elos (Xenosaga)
Metal Face (Xenoblade)

Event Scene Characters

Ada Wong (Resident Evil 6)
Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Garigliano (Resonance of Fate)
Tarosuke (Yokai Dochuki)
Tiki (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/project-x-zone-2-adds-m-bison-pyron-more-enemy-characters

[-X
by Henry Spencer
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

It's just great that Ryo is no longer a pariah of the SEGA family. He really does belong in the middle of it all.
by fittersau
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New pictures:

"Ryo Hazuki Solo unit. Voice actor:Mayasa Matsukaze"

by Giorgio
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro awesomeness at 6:10. Ryo at 7:50 (and for a split-second in anime form at 0:50).
by Amir
Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbone Version

I seriously question the fandom of those unwilling to purchase a $300 used console with two years to save for a game you've waited over a decade for. Simply put its a non issue.
by Yama
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki in Project X Zone 2 for 3DS

This game looks like complete trash. I swear you guys would cheer for Shenmue branded Ipecac Syrup if Sega was selling it.
by Rakim
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TeamYu Shenmue III Quiz

No one said to suck their dick. :D
by Himuro
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1998 IGN article on "Virtua Fighter RPG"

I happened to see this on Reddit; pretty interesting, especially the old picture of Lan Di.

https://web.archive.org/web/19981203161444/http://www.ign.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/19990218041724/http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/5927.html

Screenshots just in case those links expire

http://puu.sh/kKC2m/b22423df7a.png

http://puu.sh/kKC6T/63f3af7f93.png

http://puu.sh/kKBYM/57931e9dcb.png
by Mr357
Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

shenmue852 wrote: so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.

Um.

No.

:-s
by Himuro
Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.

One man cannot compete with a studio of staff who have the code source and all materials. While Noconkid making all the beautiful environments is possible, making all the interactivity and logic behind Shenmue 1 would take one person a very long time indeed.

Noconkid got hired because he's already skilled with UE3+UE4. He can make high resolution environments and present them beautifully. He already mentally dedicated himself to make "Shenmue-something", so why not make history and make Shenmue 3. He's the second fan Ys Net have hired.
by fittersau
Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is why I always see Sega making merchandise as a negative, and there are no indications whatso ever, that they will be changing their ways, ever.

Sega needs to wake up, It's not the god damn 80s or 90s anymore, Japan is no longer the strongest gaming market, so making it so merchandise can only be bought in Japan, is a asinine decision.
Honestly, it's quite common for all companies to have region specific merchandise. Given the relatively small quantities of any particular item, not to mention potential licensing issues with regional manufacturers, most merchandise never leaves its country of origin. Thus, Sega (like all publishers) provides licences to manufacturers in each region to make whatever merchandise matches that manufacturer’s area of expertise. Even if this means that both Europe and Japan (for example) end up with similar but separate pieces of merchandise, albeit from different manufacturers.

In turn, the lack of merchandise availability internationally has led to a thriving market of intermediary dealers. This is where the big names like Play-Asia, HobbyLink Japan and AmiAmi have found their niche; businesses with connections to Japan and other regions that import niche items on a massive scale. Plus, there’s always the small independent sellers, like the many people who operate over eBay, selling new Japanese products to people in the West. So while it may be complicated, it’s easier then every before to get hold of Japanese merchandise, no matter where you are in the world.

As for the Dreamcast calendar itself – I think it’s awesome! It’s a promising sign to see Shenmue’s presence as part of the calendar. Sega has been producing much Shenmue merchandise recently and this latest example will only further ensure the future of the Shenmue franchise as a whole. At this rate, Shenmue quickly becoming one of Sega’s most represented franchises.
by Kintor
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[...] what it could mean for Shenmue? [...] possible that Sega themselves have something else planned for Ryo's adventures? Is Project X zone even worthy of Ryo? Find out on Game Analyzer.
SEGA has given the rights to Bandai Namco to include Alex Kidd. Therefore, I am 1000% sure that Alex Kidd in Miracle World Returns will happen... Even if Shenmue HD will happen, Ryo Hazuki in PXZ2 does not mean anything for Shenmue's future as handled by SEGA, because it is an unrelated fact. Ryo was also in S&ASR and S&ASRT (even with a tongue on the cheek "SHEN3", not by SEGA, but by Sumo Digital's Steve Lycett), but those didn't lead to anything.

The license for 'Shenmue 3' [not for the entire series, but only for 'Shenmue 3' (assumingly, Yu-san will also need the license for 'Shenmue 4' and possibly so on)] was asked by Yu Suzuki to complete his magnus opus, without any help from SEGA-SAMMY (it could be a sacrilege, for everything Yu-san has contributed to that company, if they didn't allow him to use it; therefore, it is not something big that was done by SAMMY; especially when they did not have the slightest interest for a new Shenmue sequel, and yet again especially in the case / in honour of their past guru, that is Yu Suzuki).
by Giorgio
Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

I agree. I'm not talking about resting on our crowdfunding laurels. I'm talking about the pervasive anger and disaffection that has taken root here and elsewhere despite things being better today than they were a year ago for Shenmue fans. People fearing that if we don't raise 10 or even 7 million we will see a Shenmue 3 that tarnishes the legacy of the series. (I actually feel a poorly conceived HD re-release of the first two games would do that more than Shenmue 3 ever could, personally, but I digress.)

I think it's safe to say everyone here and everyone in other Shenmue communities is doing everything they're financially, physically, and mentally able to do to raise awareness about this PayPal campaign. I doubt there's ever been a community of fans, collectively and individually, who have sacrificed more or expended more effort on trying to support a game series. And I agree it's not over yet.

But there's also going to be an upper limit on what we can achieve. No one knows what that limit is, but it's going to be hit (if it hasn't been already,) and all I'm saying is, if that limit is lower than we wish it was, we should still be thankful and happy with whatever we get and not feel embittered or like all is lost... especially when just a few months ago, all really was lost, and we were - to anyone's knowledge - never going to see this game happen in our lifetimes.

That's all I'm getting at.
by Anonymous81
Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Beta Footage Parody

Haha

phpBB [video]
by Shibiryo
Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yakuza 5 is launching mid-November.

- http://blogs.sega.com/2015/10/16/top-5-movies-to-get-hyped-for-yakuza-5/
It’s been a while since we’ve talked about Yakuza 5, so we wanted to post a quick update on it. As you know, the digital pre-order lists “Dec. 31, 2015” as the release date. Fortunately, this is not the case – it looks like we’ll be releasing the game mid-November, if all goes to schedule.

Unfortunately, it’s a little later than we would’ve liked, and a few weird development bugs that popped up in localization caused the delay. Without getting too technical, there were just certain parts that didn’t like switching the Japanese text out for English, and we had to actually search through the source code to find a fix, taking more time than we expected. But! Everything is more or less back on track. Once we have details beyond just “mid-November,” we’ll make sure to share them!
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Monkei wrote:That's made up by dualshockers

Please don't mistake DualShockers for them.
by Yokosuka
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Monkei wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote:[...] the problem there is not Yu's potentially-not-so-progressive thinking, but bad journalism.

The problem is that someone needs to spread propaganda and Shenmue happened to be in the middle of it.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea de Shenmue, a Spanish book about the saga

I'll preorder the book as soon as an English, German or even French version gets announced but Spanish? Count me out. As much as I would like to read the book, I don't read Spanish and I'm not enough of a collector to buy the book without even being able to read it.

Still, great stuff from those two guys. Scientific reception of Shenmue as work of art or any kind of appreciation really makes my heart happy. The announcement of S3, Shenmue soundtrack on vinyl, Benjamin Berget's Yu Suzuki biography, now this book - what a fantastic year for Shenmue and its fans, what a year fo Yu Suzuki!

Thank you, Mr Gonzalez and Mr Ramirez! =D>
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III on French TV

Damn Germany always gets it the worst in online video streaming.
by Rakim
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A VPN would be quite useful if you live in Germany.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monkei wrote: Rakim: Seems like it, yeah. Wtf. :l

Ziming: Thanks man, I'll try that out next time when I'm on my laptop! :D

You can also directly download the video, read my second post on this thread
by Yokosuka
Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:58 am

Jump to forum