Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: So...Who beat Chai at the arcade in their first playthro

Nope, but I ended up doing it on a subsequent playthrough by breaking his arm about 50 times, lol, incredibly satisfying. To this day I don't even know how I was pulling off the move, think it involved the throw button and moving the d-pad a certain way, I was running on instinct with it and the move just kept on coming.

I also broke his neck with 'that' movie a couple times.
by ShenmueForeseen
Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you looking forward to in Shenmue III?

Being alive when I get to play it.

Not to sound morbid, but I very much second this. It's so strange... I've started looking twice before I cross the street and stuff like that. I know it's not exactly a healthy frame of mind, but it would just be my luck to finally make it this far and give so much of my life to Shenmue for something bad to happen right before release. I'm going to hell anyways which is bad enough, but if I get down there before Shenmue 3 then they will have to redefine the concept because I will fucking wreck the place.

It's not morbid, Peter. I developed bad eye floaters 7 months ago from a drug I took (for fitness purposes). I now see my floaters in all lighting conditions and sadly, even when playing games! Sucks to know I won't be able to truly relax and fully appreciate the surroundings in S3 because I'll be too busy avoiding the bright colours like the sky to avoid directly seeing my floaters so prominently. Severe eye floaters are a debilitating condition... anyway, I don't want to bring this place down so I won't mention them again unless asked, but rest assured you are sensible to look twice before crossing! Live healthy and enjoy S3 when it arrives! :-)
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

http://i65.tinypic.com/2v2wphx.png

Holy shit my dumb 12 year old self got stuck on that repeatedly. I was playing it on Dreamcast in Japanese and didn't read the subtitles properly, I just kept trying it again and again thinking I simply wasn't quick enough. Eventually my friend who also owned it told me what to do, boy did I feel stupid.
by ShenmueForeseen
Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Sorry to hear that man! How old was she and did you raise her since kittenhood?

I've had my cat (rescue cat) since 18 months, she is turning 13 this year. I well up just thinking about her death, it's sad to see her so old as she's already throwing up a lot these days.

thanks,

yeah, its not nice when they get old/sick. - not saying it will happen to you but in my experience when they get really ill, its kinder to put them down. i never felt sad when it had to be done.

my cat was 2 years old and had her since a little kitten(she was still quite small for some reason). ive had & lost lots of cats in the past, i didn't really feel anything when they died compared to this last one.

Ah ok. Yeah, every bond with each cat I find to be different. I've had 3 cats, one from when I was born to about 9 (she died at 16), another for only a year and a bit until she died, and my current one from 16 to now, so over 10 years. It will definitely hit me hard simply due to the amount I care about her (people give me that weird stare when they see my gallery on my phone and the amount of pictures of her). The funny thing is that if I died I doubt she' d care much at all, but it makes no difference to how I feel or the bond I have with her on my side! Cats are funny like that.

Hope you heal up soon man!
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Don't really like discussing politics on internet forums let alone this one because obviously plenty will disagree with me, but whatever...

Personally I think the Democratic Party have only themselves to blame. They rigged the system (super delegates etc) so that Hillary cruised past Bernie, despite being so unliked by the general public.

Bernie vs Trump and IMO we could have seen a very different outcome.

Sad day for democracy, the Democratic Party need to take some responsibility though. If shit goes south, which I think it will, then you can't just point to ignorant voters voting Trump as the sole cause.
by ShenmueForeseen
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

So long as they offer both Japanese and English voices as an option I will be happy.
by ShenmueForeseen
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

Telekill wrote:
Himuro wrote:Esspiral said remaster. He didn't say remake. REmake is a remake.

Question still stands.

Updated controls are sensible, Ryo moves like a tank.

Everything else just generally touched up on, a bit like OoT was on the 3DS compared to the original.
by ShenmueForeseen
Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

It makes no sense to not have HD remasters. Sega could literally just hire a small team to create the port. It's a guaranteed profit for them, there is no question about it.

They are completely incompetent... the fact HD releases haven't happened yet is utterly egregious.
by ShenmueForeseen
Wed May 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genesis games in Shenmue 3?

I think you guys are all forgetting one huge thing...

Ryo has been in this cave 16 years. It's 2004 when he gets out. I'm expecting to see Shenmue 1 and 2 playable in the arcades as well as sonic adventure, final fantasy 7, ocarina of time etc and hopefully more recent titles to that date, like Wind Waker.
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

celsowm wrote: At this moment the only "SH" remake (almost) confirmed for this sony's e3 is Shadow of Colossus

Yeah but they will likely announce a few ports/remasters right? Seems to be all the rage these days... just hoping S1+2 HD is one of them.
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Let's just pray to the lord of common sense that Sega didn't announce Shenmue HD this E3 due to committing additional time to a remaster and not due to trying to leech a new licensing deal off Coca Cola...

At this stage, I would argue Sony has more of a stake in Shenmue than Sega.

I can't imagine Sony NOT holding Sega's feet to the fire now.

Much more is at stake for all involved.

The last of us 2, Dreams, Deep Down, Golem, FF7 and of course Shenmue 3

It's clear they are "holding" some bombs to PSX 17

I really hope Playstation Experience will be our moment of glory including Shenmue HD

Don't forget Resident Evil 2 Remake. :D
by ShenmueForeseen
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

The criticism on neogaf is ridiculous. How can they be so critical about the faces when it's clear the facial animation hasn't been implemented here at all beyond some mouth movement?

They will eat their words upon release.
by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can I just say, my 12 year old self who sat up playing Shenmue 2 when it first came out on DC (PAL) until 2 in the morning to get to the end of it is insanely happy right now to know that he will finally leave the cave.

:D

by ShenmueForeseen
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still maintain that Yu Suzuki knows what he is doing with this. The guy is smart. He is well aware that he has released a teaser with no facial animation and some rigid body animation.

I'm of the opinion that the next teaser, or the one soon after that, will show great facial animation. Alternatively the official trailer will. What better way to drum up anticipation than to get people bitching about Shenmue on Neogaf/social media and other places online. The video has 270k views already thanks to Sony releasing it on YouTube. Lots of people are undeniably laughing at Shenmue right now, and I'm incredibly happy about that.

When the devs finally drops a clip showing great animation, everybody who bitched and moaned and laughed at Shenmue is going to be shocked, and Shenmue will stick in their minds more than it would have otherwise. They may at that point even decide to pick up a copy. Whereas if this teaser had just been the same environments but with solid animation many people may very well have thought 'meh, some boring Japanese looking game' and they would immediately forget about it. But now Shenmue has people talking. There's no such thing as bad publicity in the long-term here.

I may be wrong, but I believe in Yu Suzuki.
by ShenmueForeseen
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

That Neogaf thread is ridiculous. Now some there are trashing the environments. I don't even...
by ShenmueForeseen
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic