Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

SMDzero wrote: Why will Shenmue 3 be cancelled on January 20th 2017?

Because when Donald Trump becomes President he'll crack down on anything to do with China.

Not to derail, but you're mistaken about that. :D

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

little unseen part of the teaser :
phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How annoyed would you be using the d-pad on the PS4?

I like the style of Shenmue where you use the d pad to walk in a tank style and the camera follows you and stays directly behind you, the whole dual sticks controlling camera in a 360• way isn't somthing i want in S3, maybe I'm just used to the way s1 and 2 control and i know the game control the way it does because the DC didn't have a 2nd stick but i still want S3 to play like 1 and 2 or give us an option, either way, I'm hoping for dpad movement in some way

Honestly, I don't mind about controlling Ryo with an analog stick.
On the other hand, I totally agree with you regarding the camera stick. IT SHOULD NOT BE A 360° WAY!!! The camera control that we currently know in Shenmue is an important part of immersion and core of the FREE mode . It should stay 180° way like a real human looking around him, with possibility to focus on specific items with a trigger. But no more, I really don't want a 360° camera à la GTA/Yakuza/etc which would not be "Shenmue-style" and would totally alterate the experience.
by Tsubasa
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SPOILERS AHEAD] And if all the cave mess was a dream ?

Perhaps it will end up like one of those cheesy TV programs where Ryo will wake up in a psychiatric hospital, believing that he is a martial arts expert avenging his father's death, when in reality he was just a forklift driver at the docks.

Shenmue 3 could switch between Ryo on his adventure in China and Ryo in the psychiatric hospital - we're never quite sure which reality is the real one...
by Tigrr
Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Ryo keep the pickle up in his backside?

They should probably make his walking animation less robotic, but I really like his running animation, and I wouldn't want it to change too much.
by Rikitatsu
Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu Returns for Shen

"Ryo... That word on your watch - beginning with T... That has another meaning in this village."

"Another meaning... Is that so?"

"Yes... In their ancient traditions, that word is rather offensive."

"I see... I'd better scratch it off."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

You don't tantalize people with a very specific cliffhanger for sixteen years and then resolve it by saying it didn't happen.

You just don't.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3: A New Journey - Slacker Backer Support Video

One of the best Shenmue videos I've ever seen.
by Peter
Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

What do you mean, federal funds? Trump is gonna make Japan pay for Shenmue 3 and 4! That's ike the least Japanese tax payers can do to make up for Toyota, Honda and so on destroying American auto industry. If those Japs want to sell any more Toyotas on the US market, they better cough up the money for Shenmue! :D
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

Forget it.

I'm being a cunt to both KLM and Anon. I was making the point of it not being a good idea to message YSNET over something small, but it's came out venomously for reasons not to do with Shenmue or the forums.

I'm gonna be gone for a while, and the Twitch streams may be stopping too. Take care folks.

It's okay Peter, we all have bad days and none of us are perfect. You are a valued and respected member of this community, and I am someone who forgives instantly once conflict abates FWIW. *Shakes your virtual hand.*

I'm sorry for challenging what you said, I just felt it was unnecessary was all.
by Anonymous81
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic