Search found 103 matches

Return

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Whilst I feel for Yu worrying that fans are getting impatient and I wouldn't want a fan backlash or for people to whip out the pitchforks, I don't think the problem is we can't wait. I would be fine if the game needed further delays. I'd be fine if it didn't come out until the end of 2019 if that's what the game needed.

It just feels like progress is slow and that there has been a slight lack of transparency. I mean, really, it's been nearly 3 years and we just have arty screenshots. Not gameplay screenshots, but 'photoshopped' art shots. I just feel, as it's a Kickstarter, it would be better if they showed off more. It kinda added insult to injury when there wasn't an update in months at the end of the last year and then they finally provided an update to say there won't be many updates from now on. I mean, really ?

How hard is it to just do a quick video of Ryo walking around a village, talking to people and showing off the menu interface (if there is one yet?). All they have to do is make it clear it's all a work in progress and subject to change, yada yada.
by Reprise
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is the deal:

1. They announced the shenmue-3-event at monaco five weeks ago with three new pics.
2. Two days later, they promoted the event with an kickstarter-update
3. Another kickstarter-update about the magic event in monaco was teased, but did not make it.
4. After four weeks, we got a senthless Yu-Suzuki-Interview and four pics.

Question: If they don´t want to show us anything today, why did they do the Shenmue-Pressconference today? I still don't get it ...

I also lost "my hope" to get a good Shenmue-3-Game around Christmas 2018 today. I'm very disappointed as a fan!!!
by Hanzumon
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, they showed an extended video of the old Gamescom 2017 trailer, including some QTE and that looked... painful.
I think this is what was shown to the media behind closed doors back then, it is outdated so why are they showing it now ????

Because they don't have "any new stuff" to show us?
by Hanzumon
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know how the QTES in the video work? I see a blue orb with a yin/yang symbol but there aren't any button prompts or anything. Is it just press any button?

I like Shenmue 2 style QTEs that are basically fighting game input combos.

Sound QTE. A specific sound leads you to push the right button. They're prototypes. Explained in Gameblog's interview with Yu at Gamescom.

Technophilz: very good find, I did not even noticed lol
by Yokosuka
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's just how some water towns in china are
https://www.mandalingua.com/wp-content/uploads/watertown-in-china-16.jpg
The clipping of the buildings is more concerning, because it's easy to spot and easy to fix, I think there's some heat post processing that is making the thing look even worse than it is.
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Spaghetti found the pics in 1080p:

by Yokosuka
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

I just sent a message on Kickstarter requesting some kind of Q&A session for backers. Obviously, Yu Suzuki is too busy for such a thing, but surely they can get someone from the team to take some questions. I think that would boost morale a little bit. They really need to start talking to the fans.
by mjq jazz bar
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

I made a list about 7 years ago that I posted in another topic around here.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49470&p=1125798#p1125798

Darts Pro
Finish a Darts 7 game with a score of 500 or more

Neo Darts Pro
Finish a Neo Darts game with a score of 400 or more

Endless QTE
Reach 100.000 points at Excite QTE 2

Prize Fighter
Reach 250.000 points at QTE Title

Winning Run
Earn 7.500.000 points in Hang-On

Squilla Killa
Earn 7.500.000 points in Space Harrier

Cool Gambler
Collect 1000 tokens at the slot house

I won!
Win the 1st , 2nd or 3rd prize at the raffle

Sega Collector
Get one of the toy capsule consoles

Music Freak
Buy all cassette tapes

Master of all arts
Learn all the martial arts techniques

Training always pays off
Train a move to the maximum level

Clean getaway
Win a fight with full health

Photo album of 1986
Find and get all photos

Walkie Talkie
Talk to every shop owner in town

Around the clock
Reach a total playtime of 24 hours

Half a marathon
Run for a total of 21098 meters

Target locked
Lock on to a total of 100 objects

As strong as a hundred men
Defeat a total of 100 enemies

Blockhead
Collide with walls or objects a total of 200 times

Fast reflexes
Reach an average QTE reaction time of 0,99 seconds or less

Now that's an achaivement
Do something you thought would be impossible

Secret achievements

All good deeds shall be rewarded
Helped the old lady in Sakuragaoka

Welcome to the city
Reached Dobuita

Billards Pro
Sunk the ball in one shot at the MJQ Jazz Bar

A tattoo on his arm
Found Charlie

A kitten named...
Gave the little kitten a name

Mysterious letter
Received the letter to Iwao

Quencher
Gave Wang something to drink

104 Directory
Used the telephone directory to find out where area 61 is

Earth and Sea
Reached the harbor

An old friend
Made friends with the homeless man at the harbor

Heaven, Dragon, Earth, Comrad
Met Master Chen

The secret of the Hazuki Dojo
Found the hidden basement of the Hazuki Dojo

Got it!
Found the phoenix mirror

Destination Hong Kong
Bought a ticket to Hong Kong

Damn punks
Learned about the Mad Angels

Working man
Found a job at the harbor

Grand Prix
Won the forklift race

Hats off to the hard working man
Delivered all crates on a day at work

The Mad Angels are after you
Caught the attention of the Mad Angels

You're not getting away this time
Defeated Charlie at the harbor

Who's the boss?
Found out who's the leader of the Mad Angels

Can I use your motorcycle?
Reached the harbor in time

All your fault
Saved Nozomi from the Mad Angels

You and what gang?
Defeated Terry's entire gang

Heegh
Defeated Chai

Departure on a new trip
Completed the game
by BlueMue
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

Pervert!

Locked onto Joy and held RT+Down for 30 seconds.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

I remember back in 2017 we had a discussion here where some people tried to convince me that release date 2017 is still realistic even we had zero ingame footage except the e3 2015 trailer. I think its time to think realistic and not always positive...no matter what.
by Shenmue_Trilogy
Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

This is what I wrote on the topic for the last delay:

Honestly when you produce a game that didn`t meet the initial launch window, rightfully so if the game need more time in the cooker, it is never a good idea to not show any substantial progress after that delay announcement. They failed to do that imo.

I also think that when you let your audience fund the game there should be an obligation to keep people up to date. They failed to do that as well looking at the comments in the forum, livestreams and youtube.

I think this is a statement that I stand by. When you do a substantial delay like this you owe it to your audience to at least show them what the game currently looks like. This game is in development for at least 3 years and we haven`t seen Ryo walk... Ridiculous! If at e3 there is no new content I think this will declared as one of the worst kickstarter campaigns when it comes to marketing.
by Master Mo
Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Countdown!

Be careful calling it HD!
by iyapol
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

I just can't justufy 99% of the choices they've made with this re-lelease, let's call it that way instead of "HD"

If its true that they are working with source code I don't see a single reason why they are taking so many wrong decisions.

Specially the one related to resolution, But I see lots of people defending the direction d3t has taken with this port, I just can't believe it.... as much as I love Shenmue, I'm incredibly sad with this re-release.

People defending the lack of resolutions higher than 1080p arguing that it is not necessary saddens me, specially when we have seen tons of screenshots of emulated S1 and S2 at crazy resolutions and they look awesome, specially on 4k panels..

Xbox version emulated at 4k
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/293096509019258880/419947200651722753/Cxbx_2018-03-04_18-53-57-927.png

The bad audio quality, the lack of passport... I just can't...

Then the artistic vision about 16:9 cutscenes.... I mean it's more a technical constrain of the time than an artistic vision, and if that werent the case, and they are just trying to preserve the original vision...I don't Thinks Yu's vision was to see S2 cutscenes this way.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_940ecda42072e04923152dbaf489e254b99a8d9d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1531311621

It looks hideous

I don't care if I get hated by my opinion about what I think about this port, but they just couldn't do the simplest of the things like swapping Ryo's texture jacket in Shenmue 1 to use the higer resolution one from the xbox version ( wtch in return is the Passport texture for Ryo's Jacket), something that simple jet they didn't care.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_fd6d03b1bf64bd77589ef70570fe745a5b83ee2a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1531311621

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_5c72fc3b023665b84ffbba49030aa7cfb7fcae8a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1531311621

Right now I am just as sad as mad about this, I should've relaxed before writing this post but the amount of posts defending such bad choices from d3t is driving me crazy.

Just to be clear, I am happy the games are getting re-released and we can play them on modern systems and can be enjoyed by modern audiencies but I've would preferred something....

https://media.giphy.com/media/o7ncE7UgxAUE0/giphy.gif
by Esppiral
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic