Search found 254 matches

Return

Re: Toshihiro Nagoshi asked about Shenmue?

Ziming wrote: They asked Toshihiro Nagoshi something about Shenmue after the 8 minute mark in this video Q&A. Anyone here translate what was said?

Nagoshi says he would never produce Shenmue.
by Kiyuu
Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toshihiro Nagoshi asked about Shenmue?

Its when they go to the comments section to see what games the viewers are talking about. They're saying something about Yakuza on Wii and the host mentions that there's a lot of comments saying to make shenmue.

"What about Shenmue?"

"No...."

"Its almost like a tradition every show you have to say you're not making shenmue teh roflmao!"

Then he elaborates

"If you look back, me personally, I've never produced one of those games so you know there's that....."

According to Famitsu this is a monthly live broadcast on nico nico douga so expect more vague "that's not my game" quotes this time next month!

There is some funny stuff about this on 2ch I guess commenting on what he said about shenmue last broadcast:

椿姫彩菜「PS4で新作は?」
名越「もちろん作ってます」
椿姫彩菜「これは大ニュースだよねー」
名越「シェンムーじゃないヨ」
椿姫彩菜「がっくし・・・」

シェンムー作れよクズ

-------------------------------

Girl: What about a new game for PS4?

Nagoshi: We're working on it right now of course.

Girl: Oooh That's big news!

Nagoshi: Its not Shenmue

Girl: *facepalm*

Make Shenmue you puto!
by Rakim
Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo & First 4 Figures 70 Man Battle Competition

I have done my job by now. I did not do the best time (08+ minutes. Yes! Try to beat that!), but I have entered the competition just because I want to support the competition, the Shenmue community and thus the Shenmue game franchise.
by Giorgio
Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue themed Dreamcast console

Hi all

Just joined forum although I've been here many times reading through threads etc.

Made a Dreamcast Shenmue themed console at work

Will be making some more soon. :D
by spinksy
Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I'll let him know. ;-)
by Axm
Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Tweetathon & 70 Man Battle Competition Winner

Haha thanks guys! Can't believe some of you still remember me, it's been about 10 years i think :D...

Couldn't figure out my log in, I thought my username was jamesbrown, but i can't get it to work o0...anyways...it is me :D

Super happy that I won, I couldn't believe it...I must have been playing for like 6 hours straight for like 3 or 4 nights remembering all the different enemies, what works on them, and what doesn't, and to be honest, I think it was like the last 20 and the boss that I managed to take out pretty quick, cause watching the video back now, the start is slightly embarrassing haha, me running kicking thin air, hehe. But yea awesome stuff! I'm surprised that only 9 people entered?

Although I won't be crazy active, I hope to post again from time to time, especially since this competition reunited me with the game I love, and it's amazing community that has supported and stuck around this long. It's nice to still see some familiar names.

All the best guys, and thanks for putting on this comp, I really enjoyed it. I'd have bought the statue anyways, but this is fantastic!
by SkillJim
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Mr. Yu Suzuki!

Today's Suzuki-san's birthday \:D/, he turned 55. I want to wish him a happy birthday and many more to come. I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for the memories Mr.Suzuki.

phpBB [video]
by AM2
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE JUNE 2013 "Yu Suzuki & Shenmue at GDC"

Latest UPDATE: JUNE 2013 (This happened in March)

I actually met with Yu Suzuki again but this time @GDC 2013. (about 2 months ago)

And here are two pictures we got together :D

Pic 2

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

Pic 1

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

GDC 2013 is the same event as he met with Marc Cerny (perhaps, later on in the afternoon cuz we met at noon),

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cerny

For those who don't know (I know you know): Marc Cerny is lead architect of the Sony PlayStation 4 & the one who interviewd Yu back in GDC11 and he's a genius as well.

How we met?

I was doing my visit @GDC and had NO IDEA that Yu Suzuki might come to GDC 13,
so I was wondering around that I suddenly saw a familiar face @ a booth (he was almost invisible) xD
I waited for him to finish his visit while asking from the lady @the next booth to PLEASE GET READY TO TAKE OUR PIC!
She was like, who's he? I was like he's a GOD of gaming! (later after he left and She found out who was he, she said

"Oh, I love Virtua Cop" xD

She said Ok!, so Yu suddenly saw me xD AND remembered me from GDC11,

I was like Hello Suzuki san, I am Ali, long time no see!
He said, Oh! Hi, yes long time no see!

Sorry guys, can't remember the exact every line of our short conversation but anyhow:

I was like WOW! we didn't know you coming this year (especially after his GDC12 absence).
I was shocked to be able to find him accidentally between so many people!
I immediately asked him can we have a picture :)

So, that lady at the next booth took our picture and then I talked to Yu,

Like how are you doing?, when did you arrive?
He was I arrived just now in the city and I'm hungry xD
I'm glad that I met you again, we look forward your new games...we will be waiting.
(I think I mentioned that I still have his biz card from back in GDC11 too but I am sure he remembers)

Anyways, I told him once again, it was very nice to see him, and wish him good luck.

So I let him go to rest and eat *however he continued visiting the expo" :D

Funny how,

later on within half an hour I bumped into Hideo Kojima as well (AGAIN just like GDC11),
this was like a repeat of history! xD

However, I spotted Kojima when he came out from back of his GDC booth suddenly xD and while he was running for a sec, he went eye to eye with me, LMFAO xD I know he's even busier that Yu with all that MGS V, Fox Engine & etc flying around, so I didn't even bother to get any close to him till next time.

Well, after all , GDC is a biz event, not a fan event.

The day after, I saw Yu Suzuki and Cerny's pictures in media,
so I decided to do not post my meeting with him here, until I back to Dojo again cuz I knew you know he's been @GDC13.

My personal thoughts on the current Yu Suzuki and Shenmue's feature

All I know is Yu Suzuki is back, and making games, he just released his latest game on iTunes & Google App store (if you check his growing studio's web page http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/ you can find it and don't forget to get his game somehow and give it a high rank 5/5), here's also a video of the game I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43K6bd7tutQ

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id574368185
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.entag.android.osusume_ninki_kaizoku_10237

But the question is now burning even more:

Has he have made any progress with Marc Cerny or someone from Nintendo or even MS for teaming up with SEGA to finally bring us a Complete Shenmue Experience on PS4 or any other console?

A deal between SEGA and Sony/MS/Nintendo must happen if SEGA doesn't want to tackle this single handed.

I believe SEGA can still pull it off,

They have Team Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) headed by Nagoshi (he was so close to Suzuki back in AM2) along the current SEGA-AM2 (VF, Miku, Ghost Squad, etc...) plus Yu is still an adviser to SEGA,

So he can remain a key role to next Shenmue...

Let's say now that E3 has come and is gone, it's about time for SEGA to decide what console and when, from now on it's gonna be interesting, and I am sure the Shenmue nation won't stop posting on SEGA's social media until they finally do it. :)

My advice to SEGA is:

Don't wait anymore, get that next gen AM2 or Yakuza engine running along team Yakuza making assets and even re-using assets from Yakuza series along whatever is left from Shenmue III Dreamcast (I am sure, there's a none finished Shenmue 3 DC some where, if not what is Niao Sun video?) plus Yu Suzuki and YS NET can supervise along bringing their social media tools (from Shenmue City) to a Shenmue Complete exprience.

GIVE US SHENMUE BACK BY HANDS OF SUZUKI, we will do our best to support Shenmue "TRUST US"

We can make lots of fan art, videos, musics, even fan-made games or write and spread the word about Shenmue more!

GO FOR IT SEGA

"Just make sure, you'll release it on a console that people will actually BUY" and gonna last 5+ years for sure.

Peace,
Alimn

Edit:

I just added some more stuff to this post along adding everything I posted here to the first post of the topic.

I will keep updating the first one and this one if I remember or want to add anything else.

Here's also another mini update that I added to first post (A master link to my edited/named pics from GDC11 & 13)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3CD5E1C0520831A1!208
by alimn
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

David Cage Talks Storytelling with Ryan Payton and Yu Suzuki

Yu Suzuki, the creator of Shenmue, talks to David Cage about storytelling and the origins of the QTE in this video:

phpBB [video]
by Giorgio
Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Some moments will always be awesome and that scene is one of them.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Piano Melody Vol.1

*Medley.

Oh and Ziming I haven't forgotten about our project, I'm still working on it. Just at a slow, lazy ass pace. I'll probably PM you soon with more updates.
by Rakim
Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GD-ROM Emulation.

I'm not quite sure where to post this since it's not my project and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. I am excited however because it looks likes it's finally happening. A user over at Assemblergames cybdyn has seemed to get some games up and running via IDE or SD ( think), which has been in development for quite a while now and I'm glad to hear after so long there's progress.

Another user, Ozone is also working on such a project.

GD-ROM emulation will allow full GDI rips (1:1 rips of Dreamcast games) to run on the Dreamcast.

Here is the thread discussion http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?39733-quot-Let-s-make-GD-ROM-emulation-happen-quot-Facebook-group/page23
Here are some videos http://www.youtube.com/user/9madsheep/videos

This could mean many, many great things. No needing to buy 99 minute discs or any discs at all, no more lasers wearing out, no more size limits, heavily modified games. Imagine Shenmue 1 undub, maybe even prototype games and such.

Theoretically you can even turn your Dreamcast until a sort of arcade machine that plays DC games and such.

Really cool and really exciting.
by ShenmueTree
Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NullDC r150 specially compiled for Shenmue II

As you probably know, since NullDC r135 people have been getting this error when playing Shenmue II:

Fatal error :SHIL: Internal fatal error
in rec_shil_iNimp-> dc\sh4\rec_v1\sh4_cpu_shil.cpp:82

So I decided to compile a new version. The only change is that I deleted line 82 (the one that causes the crash) and everything works after some testing. Download link: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=67847CEE46E27931!686&authkey=!AHu5oazJr3jAsSY .After extracting simply run NullDC-Debug and it should work fine.
by mike177
Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue featured on UK Metro site

http://i.imgur.com/4817dqg.jpg

This week the website for the UK's Metro newspaper invited emails from gamers about HD remakes they'd like to see. Shenmue got a mention in today's first batch of selected responses ( last letter on this page ), and whether it makes another appearance in the second batch tomorrow remains to be seen. But one particularly detailed response has been used as a Reader's Feature , with very positive comments from other readers underneath. Take a look.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hobby Project: Brands of Dobuita

Hi All:

I've been a member for a long time now but rarely post. I recently decided that it might be fun to start a creative project based around Shenmue.

My idea is to take brands or products in the game and give them new life by recreating them in high-fidelity images or mockups. My first stab is to tackle the flavors of Bell Woods (see winning can attached).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2431461/can_winning.png

I'd like to reach out for the community for some assistance. I need the Shenmue I textures for reference. Since MegaUpload (a place where lots of stuff users on this forum uploaded to) got shutdown by the US Dep. of Justice I haven't been able to download them. If someone can share them, I can continue my work and share it right back!

Cheers
by nebson
Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki's project

First two pages, I skipped intro part. Also, I'll probably need someone to edit text.
I want to make translation as close as possible, and actually it is my first translation attempt from Russian.., so you know... :D

Title: Yu Suzuki Makes games about what he likes.
(The second detailed interview to western press, Strana Igr(Gameland) Exclusive.
We avoid the obvious questions, and trying to find out things that game designer never told anyone before!)

...Yu Suzuki glad, relaxes and ready to answer frankly to our questions, not how Japanese developers usually speaking with western press
I'm asking, how development of Virtua Fighter started, and how was it, to make first world 3D fighting game?

Yu Suzuki answering: Back then, 2D-fightings, like Street Fighter 2 was popular. 3D graphic in games was very primitive. You could only make models from triangles, that doesn't even had textures. And because of that 3D-characters resembled robots. There's wasn't opportunity to make graphics really beautiful, and because of that I decided to spend all my efforts to make character movements correct and realistic. Street Fighter had nice sprites, but we had very smooth movements and 60 frames per second. To make all animation looks right, I made all my designers take lessons of martial arts. Cause if they can't imagine how it's looks like in real life, they won't be able to draw and model it ! And it's important not only for designers. We gathered all our workers at office and created a real martial arts tournament. We gave a job to people who showed themselves at good side , and others was left with paperwork. I myself went to China, to learn martial arts, and tried all these punches and kicks myself. And because Street Fighter was very beautiful game, I decided to concentrate all my efforts on realism.

The answer probably will wonder a lot people in Russia, cause we have it's like: 3D, technologically cool graphics – this is good, and simple sprites – it is all in past century. Remember, how peoples criticized Duke 3D compared to Quake. But from Yu Suzuki's point of view polygonal graphic isn't main advantage. Rather, it's created additional problems

Yu Suzuki continued: We was making something new, something that nobody tried before, and because of that we had a lot of troubles. For example, programmers never worked on 3D games before. And even graphic designers for different requests, answered: “It's not part of my job!”. So I had no other choice but teach and explain everything to people I had at company and who was willing to work. And by the way telling them, that right now maybe it's not part of your job, but in future there's will be more and more work with 3D, and because of that, just for yourself it would be useful to know how it's works. Cause, anyway, sooner or later you will have to. And as you see, back then I was right.
by Radar
Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Exclusive with Strana Igr

Hi, all

I am the guy who interviewed Suzuki-san. :)

Our magazine covers Japanese gaming industry since 90s. We are also the only Western print syndication partner of Famitsu (i.e. we can buy, translate and publish their articles in Russian). We also have our own Japanese interpreter living in Tokyo and other guy in Osaka.

Therefore we have good reputation among Japanese companies and can organize interviews directly.

Suzuki-san's interview is the last in the series of our extensive interviews with people like Yuji Naka, Tomonobu Itagaki, Atsushi Inaba, Shinji Mikami and others. This issue of Strana Igr also has exclusive interviews with Capcom guys (Hideaki Itsuno, Shu Takumi) as we visited Capcom HQ on our trip around Japan this September.

The only guy we still cannot reach is Sakaguchi-san, as he seems to be on vacation at Guam each time we visit Japan. :)

We talked to Suzuki-san for 2 hours and we cannot disclose some of the talk, but there was actually nothing on Shenmue III other than seeing the folder in his list of projects on the notebook. The spiritual successor is another story, at least some artworks were shown.

It seems that Suzuki-san is planning to earn money for his studio by doing more mobile/social titles and and the same time keep trying to push at least one of his bigger projects to the publishers.

P.S.
We may sell this interview to other European magazines later (rewritten, without any inside jokes and possibly with a bit more details). You can send your favourite local press editors to me ([email protected]) for that. :) I can provide them with the original Japanese interview record if they'd like to do the direct translation.
by litewren
Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

The site doesn't allow any poster to make front page news, they're all hand picked. Keeps quality control high but far as I can tell the only active news poster is Ziming? Tells you all you need to know, I barely see him on the boards outside of YouTube updates..

Ziming is busy being a badass right now putting something together that will hopefully be a nice surprise for you all. I can't say that it'll make the front page, but I can say that its been long in the making and that the whole community will finally be able to enjoy it over turkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM
by Rakim
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki revisits Shenmue in GDC 2014

Ziming wrote: We have to get someone representing Shenmue Dojo into this postmortem event. Seriously.

Alimn may be still living in San Francisco. He would never miss the opportunity.
by Kiyuu
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki revisits Shenmue at GDC 2014 (Postmortem)

Hey all, wow all this news about Shenmue 3 coming to light now.

It's been a while since I've been on Shenmue Dojo. I used to visit back before Shenmue Dojo was on Gamespy... crazy. I can't believe Ziming and all the fans has kept the site running for so long! Well done! =D>

Anyway, this is so exciting. Mark Cerny's 3rd contact with Yu Suzuki in 2 years. It's certainly not coincidental I think. I tweeted Shuhei Yoshida about the recently announced GDC 2014 event and I haven't received a response from him. Usually he's very good to reply to fans. He'll call out rubbish if it's false and also positively encourage talk about subjects that are open. The lack of response I can only take as, Sony unwilling to announce anything since things between Sega and Sony could be in negotiation. I'm happy for Sony to take their time assuming things will progress so we'll see Shenmue.

Yesterday (Australia) I cracked out my original EU Dreamcast and played Shenmue where I had to fight Chai from an old 2002(!) save game. Unknowingly it also happened to be the Dreamcast's 15th anniversary, What nostalgia..

What is interesting is, next year around Dec 2014 is Playstation's 20th anniversary as well as Shenmue's 15th anniversary in the same month!

Wouldn't it be a spectacular birthday for all if Shenmue 3 was announced on the PS4 and we will finally see Shenmue's story continue after such a long hiatus. \:D/
by Ryos_bandaid
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: Project Berkley - English Subtitled -

What was going on here? I saw the thread but did something else before watching the video. When I came back it was gone... I almost thought I was hallucinating. Glad it's back up now!

I have to give a big thank you to Ziming and Rakim for making this. I've always wanted to understand what exactly Yu is talking about on the PD disc. Finally I can. Also great to have it in one part now and being able to pause and skip back and forth, unlike on the Dreamcast.
by BlueMue
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

I'm going to try and catch Mark, or see if someone will pull strings to get me in. Thats how I got into the Kojima talk last year.

I'm down to get pissed at GDC if you need info on parties and stuff let me know. You're better off emailing me, CavalierGames at hotmail.com since I'm stuck working so much of the time I don't get on here much.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blog: What if Shenmue was exclusive to XBox One

Is it possible? Yes anything is possible, however..

1) The game actually is needing to be released in Japan to maximize sucess because the Shenmue brand is known in Japan well enough to be sucessful. I know because ive spoken to Japanese gamers while living in Japan and they enjoyed the games and want to see 3. Why minimize its sucess on a system nobody will buy there. Japanese are HIGHLY nationalistic people and no game can ever push them into buying an Xbox short of Monster Hunter or Final Fantasy being an exclusive to them. Even then I believe those emmensely popular titles would fail.

2) Xbox One isnt even available in Japan yet. That shows how much they care about the brand out there.

3) MS has shown no interest in the series.

4) It bombed in the U.S last time around when Shenmue 2x was exclusive here. What makes you think they want to fund/publish a game that bombed previously if Sega isnt even willing to make it themselves? This isnt Dead Rising, a series proven to be sucessful exclusively on Xbox. Its Shenmue, a series that fell on its ass because of it. Sega wouldnt want to risk it failing again after all this time aswell. What a waste of time and money that would be. Then Sega would look even more retarded then they already do.

5) Nintendo would be next in line after Sony as a secondary viable option if we still talk about exclusivity. They atleast have the Japanese market, a stronger relationship with Sega and the desire to apeal to the core gamer market that they so desperately need to get a hold of.

Now could be it multiplatform and release on XBO aswell? Ofcourse, that would make much more sense.
But PS4 exclusive is still way more likely.
by Axm
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again with a series that's not seen as a system seller why limit to one audience rather than all?
Because releasing it on all systems doesn't get them funding from Sony. And once they have funding from Sony, they don't have to worry so much about "lost" sales on other platforms (which is irrelevant because with no funding there'd be no game and therefore no sales on any platform).

As for why Sony would invest in an exclusive that may or may not make a profit, not all benefits come directly from sales. Being the company that brought us the fabled, mythical, infamously impossible Shenmue III would be THE ULTIMATE demonstration of their "4 the Players" mantra. It would be a huge feather in the cap for the Playstation brand, boosting their image not only amongst Shenmue fans but other gamers who know what a big deal this is, whether they personally like the game or not.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Splendid, he's going to make a personal recommendation after one guy tweeted him... Sony, you sure it made it difficult for us!
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

Hello everyone! I know that I am new to these forums and the Shenmue Dojo as far as you all are concerned. However, I am a huge fan of Shenmue and this website and I have been viewing all of the news and forum posts for years and years! I guess I figured it's about time I finally joined you all officially! Anyway, I purchased the original Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast way back in 1999 before it was cool or a well-known game and I'm a huge fan of the series! And in addition to owning Shenmue for the Sega Dreamcast, I also have both the European version of Shenmue 2 for Sega Dreamcast as well as Shenmue 2x for Xbox. I have beaten each game numerous times and I'm looking forward to the conclusion as much as everyone else! If you haven't been able to tell by my user name, I am a martial artist in the Korean martial art of Hwarangdo. With that being said, I have also previously taken Shorin Ryo Karate, Taekwondo, and Aikido. Having trained in the martial arts all of my life thus far, I am also personally fascinated by the history of the Asian martial arts (whether it be Korean, Chinese, Japanese, or others). My love of the martial arts as well as being a hardcore gamer since the 80's originally drew me to the Shenmue series. Yu Suzuki is simply a genius and an extremely talented guy! I have personally researched the Shenmue story plot thus far and I'm amazed at the depth, research, history, and passion he has put into the story of the series thus far! I also believe that there isn't a better time than now to revive the series. However, because so many gamers haven't had the luxury of experiencing Shenmue, I don't see the series moving forward without one of two things happening....either Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are released in HD on Xbox Live and PSN....or the next release of Shenmue will be an all in one remake of the first two games (including the rumored missing boat chapter with Chai) as well as whatever chapters are left that lead to the conclusion. I have been waiting for news of the continuation of the series for years now! And, well, maybe I'm overlooking things here. But if 'Shen 3' is the license plate of Ryo's character in this new Sega racing game, something is clearly up! I'm not saying that Shenmue 3 is in the works right now. But if Sega is putting an easter egg like that into one of their games, regardless of what some official Sega rep says in some forum, at a minimum Sega is acknowledging a demand for Shenmue 3! Obviously, Shenmue Dojo's hard work is beginning to pay off! Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I haven't yet lost faith that someday in my lifetime, I'll get to see the conclusion of the series! In any case, I look forward to chatting with you all! I recently broke out my Dreamcast and am replaying Shenmue. After that, I plan on re-playing Shenmue 2x on my Xbox 360....getting prepped for what I hope will eventually be some good news! We've all waited long enough!!!
by hwarangwarrior
Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BlueMue Shenmue videos

I'm currently working on the final phase of putting together a couple of videos with multiple rare, funny or otherwise interesting scenes and also other videos about Shenmue.

I'll start with what I've already uploaded in the past. Some of those are really old, starting in 2008.
This topic will house every Shenmue related video that I've made from now on. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUgJHfttbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQBlHis9LI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bGDpukwCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lePAYlRoTR4
by BlueMue
Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Videogamer.com Article: Why Shenmue III Should Never Happen

His argument is basically that nostalgia will beat our expectations down? Sorry guy, im still playing these games to this day and finding them way more satisfying then anything out there. Besides the fact that I started playing it as a teenager, the games couldnt be more relevant for me to this day.
Perhaps this guy thinks Star Wars should have ended with Empire Strikes Back and Kill Bill should have ended with vol. 1.

Sure theirs a possibility for disappointment, but tell me nobody isnt curious and wanting to see the ending to Yu Suzuki's story. We've all loved it up until Shenmue 2, introducing magic elements is the progression we all need to realize is fact in the story. I trust Yu Suzuki to direct it right.
by Axm
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Had my operation. I'm still recovering, but i'm a lot more mobile then I was a few days ago.

The next step is for them to investigate the affected testicle and determine what type of cancer it is.

They said they would call me next week to come back into the hospital in order to have my blood checked. Apparently, once you have the diseased testicle removed, you blood levels should go back to normal after 7 days.

Next, they will give me a CT scan of my body to determine if the cancer has spread.

From there, I guess further treatment begins.

On the bright side, the chest xray that they performed a week ago was completely clear. Im guessing this will have to be reconfirmed with the ct scan, but it does make me a little bit more hopeful.

Tough times ahead.

Thanks for everyone's kind messages. It really does mean a lot.

ShenSun
by ShenSun
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Neogaf Community Thread Is HERE!!

Check out the new revised thread over at neogaf. Looks very nice. Everyone's work has been included.

Major props to Ziming with what hes done to it. Best looking thread on gaf.
by ShenSun
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

Apparently it's first come first served (besides the guest list) so there's a good chance I might be able to get in. Presuming I don't have a hangover. Should hopefully be a good insight.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

but what we cant deny is that if their were to be an announcement this event would be a prime venue for it.

A developer talk VS an E3 or TGS announcement ?

Sure why not GDC? Why not after just going in depth with how he made the first, segway into a "Here's the all new HD version" and then go in depth about the development in making that aswell? Just a thought and yes most certainly wishful thinking as that's all we ever do around here.
Sure E3 and TGS would be a bigger and more traditional venue but would a new Shenmue really make a splash in the news with all the other hundreds of other games in the spotlight aswell? Shenmue HD or 3 etc is such a left field announcement for the majority of gamers out there that it would make sense to give it publicity in an venue all to itself. Then possibly go into further details, videos etc at TGS and E3. Flesh it out further there once the hype has built up.

Just some wishful thinking. We're all trying to justify why we're still active fans. This event checks so many boxes for us though that we cant help it. It actually makes alot of sense compared to anything we've EVER had in the past.

And to answer your question, Ya I care alot about the postmortem. Anything that sheds further light into this series is amazing considering not every game series gets this kind of session.
by Axm
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Yu Suzuki Interview (Shenmue 3, Kickstarter ?)

Just came across this on Eurogamer. Yu Suzuki is researching kickstarter to fund projects. (Shenmue 3?)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-yu-suzuki-is-looking-into-kickstarter

He is also currently working on something.

What do you guys think?
by ShenSun
Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Spencer - The Biggest Request is to Bring Back Shen

Great news, competition is what pushes things forward. Outside of our gaming preferences and such, looking at this just from a Shenmue standpoint, there is no loyalty. Whoever helps finally bring this forward is who wins our hearts over, if you think otherwise you're not a fan. More fitting on the PS4? Sure. But does Microsoft have just as much if not more reason? Probably. They're going to need a boost in Japan and while I don't think something as such would completely give it, it'd help coupled with some other IP's. I mean, it's not going to the Wonderswan. While the One is trailing, it still has a big userbase which will only grow over time. Not to mention, this console war is a long and grueling race, not a sprint. The PS3 was said to have destroyed the PlayStation brand out of the gate, they recovered and everyone forgets. It's a bit different this time, obviously, but nonetheless it could succeed on the One. They've funded games like Dead Rising 3, they once had Shenmue (which does make it fitting, like it or not) and they need to win over gamers. At the end of the day I simply want to play the series to a conclusion, whoever helps make that happen has my support.
by Yama
Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

This is it!

It's definitely possibly happening this time.
by Sonikku
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New "Hazuki Tiger" Jacket coming in 2014 (Insert Coin)

http://s27.postimg.org/zb7vxbzf7/10257077_721135517928980_88.jpg

Insert Coin clothing has just announced a new "Hazuki Tiger" jacket for 2014. Inspired by the same jacket worn by Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue. This jacket replaces their hoodie which is not available anymore.

Links: Announcement | Hazuki Tiger Jacket
by masterchan777
Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Shenmue Postmortem by Yu Suzuki on GDC 2014, is now* available on the GDC Vault!

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020805/Classic-Game-Postmortem

I think, it's the best version you can get out there to watch the postmortem. It shows, at the same time and separately, both the slides and Yu suzuki.

*You had to pay before (be a member), now it is free.
by Giorgio
Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

To add to the hype, could this possibly be a hint from Sony? Its a good acknowledgement, thats for sure!!

https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/471116437549879296

by moco69
Mon May 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast GDEMU SD card reader

Deunan told me that the GDEMU shouldn't have any influence on the audio as it only transfers data and from the card into the AICA digitally. He suspects that it might be because the GDEMU draws less power then the drive and it could affect the opamps. But this is purely speculation. I hope he digs deeper into this and that there is a simple solution somehow by some setting in the firmware.

I think it's still very handy for recordings. You can easily apply some treble boost on the audio so it sounds just like it normally does for playback. But using it to really just play games you're limited by what your sound system can do.
I have a real equalizer portion in my stereo and treble is already turned up to about 85%. So I cannot compensate anymore.

In any case this tradeoff leaves a bitter taste and it really shouldn't ruin the experience. If it isn't easily fixable in time then I'm thinking about returning mine for now and wait until an improved version is ready to hit the scene.

Posted about this on assemblergames now. I really don't want to spread bad things about the GDEMU or ruin other peoples experience but I think it worth to this discuss this on a wide audience, because that way it's more likely that the issue get's resolved wich makes everyone happy.
by BlueMue
Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I'm still waiting for the good news from Deunan and I got annoyed by the broken fan in the Dreamcast I have the GDEMU in. So I made some mods to get rid of it and went the extra mile to reduce the heat inside the console.

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/141217/xsisopqr.jpg

I replaced the old PSU with a more efficent picoPSU that generates much less heat and hooks up to an external 12V power brick. To get rid of the fan I built a little rpm signal generator and to dissapate the heat better I stuck a little heatsink on the main plate with thermal grease. I admit it's not done very clean but it does work perfectly.
It's a completely silent Dreamcast now without any moving parts. \:D/
by BlueMue
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have good news! Deunan gave me a new firmware yesterday for testing and I can tell you that the audio issue is gone. The GDEMU now sounds just as clean as the drive does, no difference at all. Perfect!

The firmware is up on his site now: https://gdemu.wordpress.com/firmware/
by BlueMue
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic