Search found 254 matches

Return

Re: TMNT 2012 Episode 1 & 2

Booyakasha in place of cowabunga... no thanks. Cringe levels are slightly too high, otherwise I woulda given it a chance.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would co-op play work with the 70 man battle?

I think it's an awesome idea! :mrgreen:
by KiBa
Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

For me it's the way the games have roots in reality. The story takes place in real settings that start at a real time. It gives an amazing sense of freedom but doesn't go outside of the rules of the story. Unlike what other games have done, you wouldn't have Ryo pull someone from their car, punch them in the face, take their money then run them over with their own ride as they pick themselves up. Ryo wouldn't do it in his story and neither would you in real life.

That's why it connects and resonates with us because as we play, it puts us in Ryo's shoes and makes his story our story. The whole experience starts to feel like something real which allows you to invest yourself completely.

Take all that and wrap it in all the insanely high production value that's already been touched on here and what you have is a gaming experience that simply stands alone. it's more than a game. It's Shenmue.
by Mitsuzuki
Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rare Shenmue II DC video?

Don't give up hopes for a miracle. Tech has advanced every day since. So much pioneer work in Shenmue, sure SEGA licensed the CRI middleware for sound and video compression, but from todays view it is crazily expensive and time and resource consuming to write everything from scratch, the game engine, music formats and so on. Today you just license a 3D engine and add mp3/WAVE music and that's it. They even had to puzzle and trick a lot to have it fit on 4 GD-ROM. I think every day it gets cheaper and easier to make Shenmue 3.

I had given up hope on Duke nukem a decade ago. And then suddenly a miracle happened. Why not for Shenmue?
by Master Kyodai
Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's when I started watching over Shenmue.

I love this mental image of Kiyuu being the guardian watching down from on high over the entire Shenmue franchise. Especially as I already considered Kiyuu a Dark Knight-esque character wacthing down over the dojo.

http://i.imgur.com/ty4nN.jpg
by mue 26
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Any news, guys?

I have the game and no problem rippin it. Now I also started riggin characters for my SA. My 1st work has been, of course, our Mr. Ryo Hazuki. It's the same Wude made some time ago.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hf5lsj.png

If you are interested just ask me here :D

I also made a "super pack" including:
- Ryo as the player.
- 2 vehicles; Motorcycle and Forklift. Got them in GTAgaming.
- His katana witch is from the Millenia model.

http://i49.tinypic.com/eb5wcz.png
by Fenix
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anything, Kiyuu should be an executive consultant for Shenmue III, and get to play through bits first, and make recommendations on behalf of the Shenmue fanbase. Her salary will be 70 million dollars. Should fit in the budget for Shenmue III.

Back on topic, though - Hope can't hurt. Shenmue is valuable IP, but that value has to be transferred to a product that will recover costs and - god willing - even make money. It is possible.
by Lan Di-sama
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking for the Sega Piano Nocturne CD

I have a copy but I don't have access to my collection at the moment due to moving/etc. I should be able to get a hold of it in the next week or two, so if no one else comes up with it by then I'd be more than happy to help you out.
by Sean
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never Forget About Shenmue

Hi Guys!

I've written an article about Shenmue at http://newbreview.com/?p=21991 that you guys and gals may be interested in.

I'm really interested in what you guys think as there'll obviously be some tough customers - I'd greatly appreciate any praise or criticism.

I realise that this post could be construed as 'plugging' but you have to admire my audacity at least, right?

Right? :-"
by IAmNotABot
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Convent scene with Xiuying (JPN Version)

Xiuyings boobs are bigger in the pal version?
by wude
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Never Forget About Shenmue

Wow, I'm absolutely beside myself by the responses! Thank you all for your kind words and I'm so pleased to see that I've inspired RyoHazuki84 to talk about his own experiences!

The article came about from a frustration, one that few people acknowledge that the two games were a gift, and have merits that are rarely articulated. When I do notice people discussing Shenmue I always hear or read things along the lines of: 'The game was alright, the forklift driving was the best bit' or, 'Where is the gameplay?' etc.

So I wanted to speak up about what Shenmue really offers and wanted to do everything I could to do it justice. I worked on this article for five days and struggled to keep the content under 2,000 words and had to cut entire paragraphs to tighten the pacing. It took me five days to condense my viewpoint as concisely as possible, so everything posted here means an awful lot to me!

I'm definitely interested in tackling Shenmue II, but first I need to play through the entire game again to completely refresh my memory. I still have my Dreamcast hooked-up and Shenmue II in its frayed-as-all-hell sleeve. I need to find a unique angle that tells a different story to justify writing this, but I'm certainly up to the task.

Special mention to Ziming for his/her incredible dedication and the promotion of my piece!

Cheers all!
by IAmNotABot
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Convent scene with Xiuying (JPN Version)

There are also posters with the Virgin and Child in Shenmue 1, in particular Dobuita.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7205/exemple1.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4013/exemple2y.png

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_and_Child

Shenmue is a very deep masterpiece, very artistic. It is the initiatory quest of a young man who is going to learn a lot during his journey and numerous symbols are used.
by Shendream
Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

I made this video. It's just amazing :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_3xWrzJQ4[/youtube]
by Fenix
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Another big gaming site ( in France ) Gameblog.fr relayed the information :)

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/32305-votez ... ki-shenmue
by Shendream
Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our Friends ( Shenmue Master ) of Jeuxvidéo.com agreed to speak about the votes concerning Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Jeuxvidéo.com is a huge site with a huge audience, hoping that it will bring many votes to Ryo.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00062619-une-petition-pour-le-retour-de-ryo-hazuki-shenmue.htm

It is thanks to Romendil, such a nice woman, really passionate about Shenmue, a big thank to her.

http://www.shenmuemaster.fr/
by Shendream
Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOLY FUCK! 1600?! First time in a long time the community even some of the vets who are more known for being distant in these things contributed. Awesome.

Don't be so surprised. There's a world of Shenmue fandom outside the Dojo's walls. One thing I hope people take from this experience is that different groups should be working together a lot more often, instead of the insular, almost tribal attitude that some people seem to have.

Earlier in this thread, when Ryo was struggling to pick up steam, someone asked "where are those Twitter guys now?" - referring to fans who participate in the monthly Tweetathons. But the question could just as easily be asked every 3rd of the month - where are those Dojo guys now? While some members of this site embrace it as a proactive movement towards Shenmue III, others seem to look down their nose because it didn't originate at the Dojo. But we are all one fanbase, we shouldn't be thinking in terms of us and them within what is already a niche community. I post wherever I can - here, Shenmue 500K, Shenmue UK, and of course Team Yu. If I had more than even a cursory recollection of my French lessons at school, I'd be joining the conversations at Shenmue Master as well. Integration and co-operation makes us all stronger, as this All-Stars Racing petition has proven. No single website or group could have done it alone, and I hope that resonates going forward.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3d/2d Art Download

Hi guys. Ziming asked me to write this because I found a rare image from Shenmue. It's the one of my avatar. He's been the 2nd to ask me for that so following his advice, I'll upload the picture and a bonus:

I have MASSIVE resolution pics like some of Ziming posted. But mines can easily pass the 2k 3k pixels so I thought it was maybe a good idea to post them:

Some examples first:

I specially love this. It's one of my favorite pics and I've always got a lot of problems finding it in HD res except a scan made:
http://i45.tinypic.com/ny5i84.jpg

The one of my avatar:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ni2y2x.jpg

Rare picture of Ine San:
http://i47.tinypic.com/rkx74z.jpg

And what about this size? =P~
http://aponya.ru/images/4fad6d1ff90fdbcb1d37a6954652906b.jpeg

The file contains the first 3 pics + others I found on the net. There are also some bonus from Shenmue Online, a Zippo, Ryo for RPG Maker and other things I do not remeber now. Enjoy:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9cqz5z
by Fenix
Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Skies of Arcadia HD news (GAF topic)

Apparent magazine scan here:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/55061/Skies+of+Arcadia+HD+revealed/

Bear in mind however that this is the same website whose own interview with Ben Harborne started the whole Shenmue/Skies HD excitement back in March, so they're naturally going to encourage any rumor that adds weight to their initial scoop. For fans' sake I hope an official announcement follows.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Anime

I could make a good one. I'd only trust the people who made Monster to make a good one too. But I'd still want the game instead.
by KiBa
Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SII CHAR DATABASE-ALL 700 (AND 1) CHARACTERS! UPDATE 27/3/15

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/askvera/s2cd_sigbanner.png

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Yep. After nearly a decade, it's done, people :D

HISTORY OF THE SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE PROJECT
Ever since casting my eyes upon screenshots of Shenmue published in the (now defunct) UK magazine Computer and Video Games, I have been absolutely enthralled by the series. This game was definitely something different. As the famous tagline proclaimed in the trailers before its release – RPG had changed. Sure, hailing the game as being its own exciting new “genre” with a somewhat silly acronym as its name (FREE- Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment) was being a tad overzealous perhaps, but you had to admire Yu Suzuki’s ambition for this game. When I finally got to play it on the Christmas morning of 2000, it did not disappoint. The atmosphere created was just amazing to me – a realistic, living, breathing town with over 300 individual characters – all with their own specific daily routines and, in supplementary materials, all named and given detailed biographies! Throw in the fantastic music and the engaging (if not completely original) story and you really had something special. And this was only part one of the saga...

Bundled with the game was the ‘Shenmue Passport’ disc. Through the Dreamcast’s internet connection, this enabled access to all sorts of information about the game, as well as ranking leaderboards for the various mini-games and the chance to get exclusive capsule toys. One of the best features was the character profile section however; as you met and conversed with the characters during a playthrough, their profiles would gradually be added to the Passport. Now to some, giving all 300+ characters names, stats, and biographies may seem extraneous, (especially given characters that Ryo can’t even speak to have detailed information about them!) but it really shows the love and care put into the game by the developers and the amount of depth to Shenmue that few games have matched.

PASSPORT EXPIRED
The Passport service was eventually taken offline in April 2002, but thankfully the character profiles had also been published in Prima’s strategy guide book for the game, so the information was still readily available to fans.
Which brings us to the sequel game, Shenmue II – which I got the following Christmas in 2001. This sadly could end up being the last game in the series, despite it ending on a cliffhanger and at a game-changing point in the saga’s story. Nonetheless, the sequel’s world was even bigger than the first’s– Ryo travels to Hong Kong to continue his quest, with most of its areas completely dwarfing Shenmue I’s in terms of size, as well as the amount of characters – around 700. There was also a lot more mini-games and sidequests to discover, and fans generally agree it is more action-packed and that the plot moves a lot quicker than the first game (though some will argue Shenmue I’s atmosphere has more charm) And what of these 700-odd characters? Were they all named and profiled as per the original game? As it turns out, yes – but these were not readily available to the fans outside of Japan.

Firstly, unlike the first Shenmue, there was no Passport. There was no Prima guide either, as the Dreamcast version had been cancelled in America. America eventually saw an updated version of Shenmue II on the Microsoft Xbox, and a Prima guide was finally published. However, unlike the Shenmue I book, there were only profiles on the main characters; Ryo, Shenhua, Xiuying, Fangmei, Ren, Joy, Wong, Lan Di, Dou Niu and Yuan. The Xbox version, with the new snapshot feature, did include profiles on some of the other characters; unlocked when you took pictures of them, but it didn't come close to having profiles for all the characters. Would we ever know the names and backgrounds of the reams of anonymous characters?

A FAN EFFORT
Shortly after I had completed Shenmue II, I looked around on the internet for fansites/information about the series, ultimately finding the excellent Shenmue Dojo website. I joined the forums, and this was in fact one of the first message boards I signed up to on the internet. My handle on the forum was (and still is) ‘Miles Prower’, as I am also a long-time fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series of games (and Sega games in general). I made a lot of good friends through the Dojo community and have many fond memories associated with the forums. I think between us we have probably discussed every single aspect of the games to death, but as many fans will attest, you find or notice something new with every playthrough of these wonderful games. Not to mention the very active hacking/modding scene that developed, mostly headed by longtime member LanDC, in which reams of unused content was discovered and many interesting and or humourous modifications made to the game. I still get a warm nostalgic feeling every time I watch LanDC’s Road to Amihama videos in particular.

And indeed, the question of whether detailed character profiles existed for Shenmue II’s cast was raised in discussion. In a thread from 2003, a member named Eek the Cat shared some scans of a guidebook he owned published in Japan called the Shenmue II Perfect Guidebook. The scans showed that there were indeed names and profiles for each and every character.
Eek was even kind enough to put all of the scans together on a CD for me and mail it to me, and even threw in a couple of audio CD’s he had compiled containing music from Shenmue II (sadly the second game never had any official soundtracks released).

The problem? Being that this book was from Japan, the character names were in Chinese and the information in Japanese. Through discussion in the topic, another forum member called khien agreed to help with translating the character names as she could read Chinese. And so began the effort to translate the many character profiles. I began by gradually posting them within the topic, and then eventually creating a website (which, thanks to Web Archive, you can still view here , albeit with most of the images missing).

Continuing into 2004 and beyond, progress was quite slow, mainly due to me starting university. Khien’s life ended up becoming quite busy as well, but thanks to the efforts of another forum member, Oda Ryo, the translation work still continued. The forum member Kiyuu (possibly Japan’s biggest Shenmue fan, and often referred to as the ‘Shenmue Queen’), also informed me that another book existed, the Shenmue II Complete Guide, which contained profiles for characters not included in the Perfect Guidebook; namely those for the many pedestrians who wander the streets of Hong Kong. I made the effort to acquire this book myself and make scans for the remaining profiles.

RESSURECTING THE PROJECT
As the years went on, however, my free time became less and less. I studied for three years at university and after graduating in 2008, I was working full time; in short I was growing up. It was also looking increasingly unlikely that a Shenmue III would ever emerge. Life went on. However, my enthusiasm to complete the project was somewhat fired up again when Peter from the forums (who most likely owns the biggest Shenmue collection in Ireland) got in touch with me on Facebook asking if I was still working on it, as the Dojo staff had managed to get an interview with one of the voice actors for the English dub of Shenmue II (a very interesting read by the way, which can be found here , and they had requested that video clips be assembled of the characters he voiced, which he supplied a list of – but only by name and brief descriptions. Using the information from my project I helped with finding some of them. I then found myself wanting to get the project finished once and for all, and got back in touch with Oda Ryo who happily assisted me with getting the remaining names translated.

I had also spoken to the member ‘thegreatchai’, who had also been attempting to catalogue the character information on her wiki site, and over time we assisted each other greatly. I began transferring the information to an Excel spreadsheet with the intention of creating a complete database of all the Shenmue II characters – which after assembling a numbered list I discovered there are exactly 700 – surely a deliberate intention of the creators? At any rate, after a few months work the project was finally finished. I am glad that this information is now easily accessible to Shenmue fans, and while some may consider me obsessive or downright insane for pursuing with the project, it was worth it for a game series that I love so much and one day hope will be continued in some form. We can but hope. The saga may still go on....

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Please feedback and let me know if you spot any mistakes or errors, or any factoids about the characters that I may have missed. Most of all, enjoy :D
by Miles Prower
Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di-sama wrote: Even if he doesn't make DLC, he won the contest and we've made our point.

Though the former is unjust, I completely agree with this point. The bigger task at hand has been completed, raising awareness. I'm also happy to see the communities unify on this effort, that's how it should always be.
by Yama
Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Ryo Hazuki Statue from First4Figures.com

First 4 Figures announced on Christmas day that they will be creating a Ryo Hazuki statue. A teaser image was shown at the main site, they will start taking preorders in early 2013.
by ShenSun
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Another mirror for this :)
https://www.cubby.com/p/_1fc37ce657a64166afb078495403cce4/Shenmue+II+Full+English+99min+SMiTH+RePACK.7z

Direct link. Fast! seems to almost max out my connection

Like my other mirrors
All 4 Discs compressed to .7z. Each .cdi is encoded with ECM, decode by dragging the cdi onto included "UNECM"
by bpear96
Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking for the Sega Piano Nocturne CD

I'm uploading right now the track 1 of this CD, mate. Just wait a while and i'll send to you in PM the track, OK?

EDIT: Done. Already sent you a PM.
by Nankeiro
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Music Download

Amazing. There is music here i don't have yet! Thanks for all the effort here. Always like a bit of Shenmue music here and there. Oh! And for that track you're looking... well, i really hope have been helpful.
by Nankeiro
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please welcome our newest moderator...

Wude!

Admittedly the community has been quite tame as of late and has seemed to come into it's own once again. Despite that, having a team that works collectively is key. Due to some previous drops from months ago and time zone differences, we've discussed adding a couple of new moderators.

With that said, we're confident Wude will do a great job. There are more potential additions on the horizon, no eta as of yet though.
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Ziming wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rCrTac9O0[/youtube]

remove the s in https
by Bluecast
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD/3 Kickstarter

I wouldnt donate a penny, unless the fund was officially started by a credible gaming studio, or Suzuki himself.
by Peter
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Yu Suzuki déclare penser au Crownfunding type Kickstarter pour financer Shenmue 3 ! #MAGS

Yu Suzuki just said that he is thinking about a Kickstarter to fund the Shenmue 3 developement ! #MAGS

Here is the best translation I can give you all, this is great news ! :D

EDIT : This guy is legit, He works with pretty big independant french TV channel and is part of the event. He ask all the question directly to Yu ;)
by Shenman
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Yu Suzuki aimerait également poursuivre l'histoire de Shenmue en Anime ou en Manga. #MAGS

Yu Suzuki wants to pursue Shenmue scenario via Manga and Anime too. #MAGS

So this means, not only games but manga and anime too to be perfectly precise and clear ;)
It is still something that Yu wants, not something that will be done for sure...
by Shenman
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

2nd part of my videos, the most interesting I believe:

http://youtu.be/8zbEmRLrhJE
Thank you for the videos. I'll summarize what Yu Suzuki said about Shenmue in Japanese as directly as possible. So, forgive me if some part would not sound natural for English.

*He named Virtua Fighter as the most memorable game of all his games, for he had to go through various hardships while making it. And, he added "Shenmue as well" at the end of the answer.

*He admitted that he regrets Shenmue III hasn't been made yet.

*He has no concrete plans for the next generation consoles, but he'd like to do something for them.

*About "the crowd-funding," he plainly said "there's such possibility," showing no particular interest.

*He wants to make Shenmue III for sure, if a good partner is found. He used the same phrase twice; "if circumstances allow." He's glad that French fans are still talking about Shenmue a lot.
by Kiyuu
Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think SEGA would go as far as to deny an ill child I'm afraid.
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ixion Saga DT

http://www.goodanime.net/category/ixion-saga-dt

Anyone else at the Dojo into anime keeping up with this show? Ziming recommended it to me (thankies!) and so far I haven't been able to put it down. (at episode 20 thus far) The comedy in it is so hilarious at times that I can't recall the last time a show has made me laugh so hard. :lol:
by Sonikku
Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Live-Action Movie Recommendation Thread

Ooh, has 13 Assassins been mentioned yet? ( the Miike one) I love that film.
by mue 26
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here a video of the complete conference of the Sunday March 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8bSiWu_CA

Thank you for the video. Now that I can hear the Q&A part clearly, I've fixed the inaudible part in my translation.

Can you please add time stamps to the duration of each Shenmue question.
Here's the translation of the Shenmue related Q&A:

21:24-TR: What is the most memorable game to you?
21:29-YS: Every game is memorable to me. But, Virtua Fighter is the most memorable as it was
the hardest game to make, having had to go through various hardships. Shenmue as well.

24:01-TR: Is there any regrets?
24:04-YS: Ah... I hate this (kind of question.) Not having been able to make Shenmue III yet, of course.

24:43-TR: Do you have any plan or project for the next-generation consoles?
24:52-YS: I don't have any concrete plans, but I'd like to do something for them.

25:23-TR: What do you think about using the service like crowd-funding, such as Kickstarter?
25:33-YS: There's such possibility, I think.
(Here, the translator took the liberty of connecting the answer of YS with Shenmue III, and the MC got excited.)
15:47-YS: That was a leading question, wasn't it?

26:06-TR: Perhaps you've already been asked this a lot, but everybody wants to know it. How is Shenmue III
going at the moment?
26:17-YS: I want to make it for sure, if a good partner is found.
26:30-YS: If the circumstances allow, I want to make it.
26:41-TR: Everybody wants to help you in anyway.
26:45-YS: Thank you. Merci beaucoup.

26:51-YS: May I speak a little here? French fans, especially, have been caring about Shenmue a lot and
always ask me about Shenmue III. I'm very glad about it.
27:18-YS: I sincerely want to make it, if circumstances allow.

36:50-TR: Now, there's a rumor that Shenmue I or II will be playable soon by downloading with PSN or Xbox...
37:06-YS: Where is it from?
37:10-TR: Huh? He (the questioner) says so.
37:15-YS: Well, I don't get it. Every year a rumor says Shenmue III is coming. I wonder who is making it.

42:24-TR: Do you have a plan to make Shenmue HD?
42:50-YS: The license of Shenmue I and II belongs to SEGA. Now that I've left SEGA, it's not my decision,
but SEGA's, to remake and sell them like that. It'd be possible for SEGA, I guess.
43:27-YS: I could make anything related to Shenmue series, though, by getting the license from SEGA,
if they say OK.

45:10-TR: Instead of a video game, will there be any chance that you depict the story of Shenmue 3
in other forms, like movie or novel?
45:24-YS: There will be such possibilities, I think. Even in such forms I want to do something related to Shenmue.
by Kiyuu
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

I weep not only for the victims in this, but for our rights. No doubt some politicians will be looking to angle this in such a way to take more away in exchange for "protection", as though a stroke of a pen was all that was needed to cure mental sickness.
by Sonikku
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Why didn't you just get a vga to hdmi transcoder box instead?
by Sonikku
Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Universal video bbcode phpBB [video]

This has been implemented.
by Yama
Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

I think the main question that everyone wants to no is, WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO SHENMUE HD?
by ShenSun
Sat May 11, 2013 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki Interview from MAGS Conferance

Shenmue III is not going to be a best seller, we have to be realistic here. If you start changing the core of the gameplay mechanics in order to attract more people, you will get Shenkuza with no sells and angry fans.
The same engine updated and modified would work, Irrational Games successfully used the Unreal Engine 2 to make Bioshock and if they decided to make another FPS today with it... it would still be awesome under the right hands.

Sandbox games aren't that groundbreaking anymore, like you said, today is not yesterday and most of the new games of this era are using concepts that were on Shenmue: Save file transfer between games (Mass Effect), "cinematic" experience (Heavy Rain), similar battle system (Batman AA or Sleeping Dogs), QTE, etc. All we need are those dem HD remakes and build something from it.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would it be a good idea for Nitnendo to save Shenmue 3?

Yakuza HD comes out before Shenmue HD? Dafuq?
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

This reveal was shit. They did nothing to dispel the negative rumors. They showed some shit EASports games and Call of Duty.

No platformers, no mmo, no variety of anything.

Good god, the console is like a off self Dell PC and the name is shit.
by ShenmueTree
Tue May 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic