Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: how does your gameroom look like??

Very clean and sleek setups going on in this thread! :heart: :heart: :heart:

With mine, I try and keep all the systems hooked up to play on a moments notice while doing my best to keep things looking tidy, but I always end up with a mess of cords behind the entertainment center, but it gets the job done! (Also, gotta love The Wizard of Oz magnets :lol: )
http://puu.sh/nqiyM/80669d1441.jpg
http://puu.sh/nqixf/136174d8ff.jpg
http://puu.sh/nqiES/7ff4f1f88d.jpg

My problem is I buy consoles like a maniac, but have a hard time committing to getting many games for any particular system. As a result I have lots of systems that have only a couple games for them.
I also have a little bit more stuff tucked in the closet, but it's mostly miscellaneous items that I don't need to have out. (Boxes, tools, cords, etc.)
by theseabass
Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Heyo! I'm theseabass, and I should have made this post a couple months back when I joined, but whatever. I'm still relatively new.

Shenmue. I had a Dreamcast as a kid, but never had a chance to play it because, A, we only really had Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 for the system (that I can rememeber at least), and my father sold our Dreamcast along with a few other systems around 2002-2003ish. The first time I remember learning about Shenmue was around 05 or 06 when I went over to one of my cousins house and saw them playing Shenmue IIx. I remember being pretty interested, but since I didn't have an Xbox at the time I sort of forgot about it for a while. Flash forward to late 2010 or early 2011 I got nostalgic and started researching all the systems I had as a kid and all the best games for them, and inevitably I found Shenmue. I was pretty interested, but after realizing that it did not have a finished story I decided to wait to play it, even after I got myself another Dreamcast. I kept my eye out for a Shenmue 3 announcement ever since, because people who really like the Dreamcast made it out as one of the best things ever. When Shenmue 3 was announced I figured it was a good time to finally play them, so I got both 1 and 2 (2 on Xbox). I can't say I'm disappointed, because after playing these games they either are my 2nd place favorite games of all time, or tie for 1st with Majora's Mask. I haven't decided which yet. I find it interesting that my favorite games are ones that focus on living breathing worlds, albeit they take different approaches to that concept. Anyways, that's my Shenmue ramble.

One thing that's was a struggle when I joined this forum is finding a profile avatar that isn't already in use that's still related to Shenmue lol. For example, I really like Shenhua as a character, but every other avatar seems to be one of her, so I can't make myself choose her. I think the one I have currently, "Ailian He" the palm reader from Shenmue 2, is a good fit for me, because her character is funny in how weird she is. Hopefully I'm not stealing somebody else's avatar when I choose her. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

There you go, that's my "short" introduction.
by theseabass
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic