Search found 67 matches

Return

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I hope you all feel horrible when Shenmue isn't at PSX. Cause it won't be. I mean i don't know anything for sure but come on, it's just not.
Is this a goof or are you being genuine here?

It's a bit of both. But let's just say I find it better to not be hyped and to be surprised at PSX than to be hyped and then be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition.
you will be just as disappointed as we are except you can now take the credits that you claimed this all along and pretend you're not disappointed. seriously how old are you?
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ziming wrote: Keep the girly hissy fits out of this topic please.

You will be pleased to know we have kissed and made up.
by iyapol
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

This months UK Official Playstation Magazine comes with a 2017 calender. It was a nice surprise to see Shenmue as the December image.
by Peter
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The lack of marketing for Shenmue since the original reveal does make me nervous. Feels strange to not have some nod to the project in e3 or now this when it was such a massive moment in gaming history that even non-shenmue fans are sure to remember.

I almost hope we don't get anything substantial from Monaco because the game needs visibility in gaming events that actually have an audience beyond us.

I know tensions are running high here but I do wanna say I think we should take a breath and find solace in that we can still look forward to a big reintroduction of the game at some point in the future and I'm sure that moment will usher in a homestretch to release with much more visibility for the project than we've had to this date.

Hang in there folks, we've been through a lot these past 16 years (literally never lost hope for shenmue news every single e3 in all that time like many of you). A few more months to a proper trailer/reintroduction won't kill us and stressing about things + turning negative only serves to make us miserable.

The fact that we're even getting Shenmue 3 is still a damn miracle and I'm gonna hold on to that in moments like this.
by Xandui
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good night's sleep can work wonders.

Last night was disappointing. We can't deny that. It's been a very long year with little news and last night was an opportunity to demonstrate Shenmue on a big stage. It wasn't taken though, and there will be reasons as to why that happened, that we will never find out. So I can only plead not to chase your own tails around in circles. Maybe there's a standalone joint announcement coming, combined with HD remakes? Or maybe this game just isn't at a level where Suzuki-san doesn't want it to be seen quite yet on a public scale (even if my opinion differs).

Opinions are always welcome but these are all kneejerk reactions, and the excitement we didn't get to experience last night is still in the post. It's coming. Shenmue 3 is real, and look how quickly this year has went. One more year and we will be playing Shenmue 3. That's what you need to focus on.

Don't be listening to Cedric Biscay on Twitter. He isn't PR for YSNET and he shouldn't be blamed for anything you were expecting to happen, not happening. Yu is the boss, and if he changes his plans at any stage that's the way it is. The word "blame" shouldn't even be used at all, there's no major tragedy here. Shenmue 3 is in development right now, isn't that enough for you? If you want your Kickstarter money back because monthly updates are not to your satisfaction, or you are unhappy with any aspect other than the fact that Shenmue 3 is being made at all, then why did you give in the first place? Either way, to be blunt, that's your problem and go deal with it. They are working on a game we have waited for over 14 years, and it will be released as promised. End of story.

Going forward, if you are still over the top angry, then get a punching bag or take a walk. Go buy some Christmas presents and realise there are other things in life right now instead of refreshing Twitter for something loosely regarded as "news". Or don't, I am just trying to helput, but there's no result at the end of anger fuelled rants and answer seeking searches to a game that's 50% through development.
by Peter
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Something else I'd like to bring up regarding assertions that YSnet have done/shown "nothing":

Let's take a look back at the development workflow from last December's KS update:

http://i.imgur.com/qzr60Hj.png

While we don't really know the full details, you can recognise that what we've seen through the KS updates this year has been related to the 'Function Testing' stage; effectively building the prototype and putting the pieces in place for the "Production" phase to tie everything together into a highly polished product.

You can go through pretty much all of the KS updates from last year through to the latest and tie them into the development flowchart. Of course we can't be shown the implementation of these in detail, because a.) potential spoilers, and b.) because it may be unrepresentative of the final game in one way or another.

If you are basing the game's progress on whether you see a wireframe Ryo walking around, early screenshots, or somebody goofing around modelling items in Maya or 3DS Max, then you are blind to the progress that has been unfolding before our very eyes all through the year.

Let's also look at the translated comments from the hiring leaflet Switch got for us:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/10/shenmue-dev-team-expanding-leaflet.html#more

We are recruiting for team members to create Shenmue 3 with us.

Unreal Engine 4 has been adopted for the development in his project. In preparation for the full production phase scheduled next year , we are now revving up the engine.

2017 is going to be the year where Shenmue III moves out of prototype and is transformed into what will eventually become the finished product. Not seeing the game at PSX was a disappointment, but you can understand the decision when you go back and look at this chart and relate it to the KS updates from this year.

Nobody knows what the end of this month will bring, let alone January, February, March, etc of 2017, but we do know that moving into the Production phase of development gives them more room to show what they've got without it looking half-baked, full of placeholders, and incomplete.

I know asking for patience is a cliche at this point, but hopefully after you've all re-analysed what we've seen this year in the context of the chart like I have, you'll be willing to wait for a little while longer.
by Spaghetti
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

HYYYYYYYYYPE

Yu Suzuki retweeted the Ali's tweet (the one with Shenhua).

First time his twitter account is active since 7 months.

HYYYYYYYYYPE
by Yokosuka
Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

A familiar silhouette in front of the moon.

ImageImage
by Switch
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe I'm blind and seeing through rose colored glasses but... Can anyone else see the "smell" of the color contrast Yu talked about before, if you catch my drift, beginning to take shape more fully? The sunset hues, the INCREDIBLY lush grass, the feeling of night time and evening in the "air" ? Yes, some of these shots are heavily edited to be sure. But if that's what they're AIMING for, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing personally.

I still don't think we'll see anything major until the footage is shown sometime next year personally (though I could be wrong, as always I try to keep my hopes minimal and to not get hyped.)

But you know... we clamor for an update, and then in the space of a few days we find out new footage may be shown early next year and then get an update saying they're moving forward with more practical tests and preparing for actual content development, and ... everyone's like, "Meh this isn't what we wanted." That's everyone's prerogative, but this made me really happy after a really crappy day yesterday, so I'm choosing to be joyful rather than pessimistic personally. :) To each their own reaction.
by Anonymous81
Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this looks great. I feel alone but it complete fixes all of my complaints from last week and I'm liking the direction they're taking the game.
by Himuro
Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register http://www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally, I consider the PSX debate closed.

It has been a small disappointement. For a few hours.

Then I remembered what you and LanDC said about the KS dinner.
I remembered what Payton said about Yu sleeping in the office.
I remembered what Yu San achieved in his amazing career.
Then came the Famitsu article and Suzuki San mini-interview ("Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.") and last but not least, yesterday's update with new screenshots (WIP screenshots) and the latest official comments from Yu itself.

There is no way I'll lose my faith in this project, but that said, Shenmue Dojo was the last place I was thinking about as a place for scaremongering.
by Kiske
Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So now there are some hidden info floating around and they are disheartening? Given the course of the general discussion here, I take it to be either some kind of delay for the project, or Yu keeping the UE4 look for the game that some seem to abhor. The prior issue is is within expectations as it happens to any game project, big or small, Kickstarter or not. While the latter is simply BS. Please show me one picture or video of a game that would make a better looking Shenmue 3 than those screenshots Ysnet gave us!

Actually don't, because you know what? It will not be the Shenmue 3 look, simply because it's not what Yu, THE CREATOR AND DIRECTOR, chose it to be. If people are going to continue to bash the project on the basis of the current art direction Yu is aiming for, let's just do a favour to ourselves and make a petition to overthrow Yu from the project and elect someone from Dojo (hopefully an expert who understands the Shenmue "feel and smell" better than the creator himself) as the new director. That SURELY would make THE Shenmue 3 fans were really claiming for after 15 years or so LOL.
by sand4fish
Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just don't get the complaints. The art in the first pic is stunning.

The battle area shows the most potential.

The last pic has that every day Shenmue feel.

All these pics represent the core three pillars of Shenmue: exploration/immersion, battle, and every day part of life mixed in a bottle. These pics feel very Shenmue to me. Yokosuka complains about bump mapping, but I'm sorry, that screen is highly atmospheric. Imagine being in that city at night with music playing.

I don't get it.

Also, for the amount of bitching I made last week, at least it made sense. I didn't like the quiet from the developer on the status of the game. As soon as they dropped the silence and gave us an update on the development status I was satisfied. But Rikitatsu and Yokosuka are worried about some rumor or something some unknown source and lack of bump mapping. I feel like if you're gonna bitch at least bitch about something reasonable.
by Himuro
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ($29-50towards10million)

Karimov wrote: Guys just to introduce. im waves on ks campaign....

Oh for fuck sakes...
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(source)

I really, really want to play this game !
by celsowm
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Just some things I heard whilst in Japan that add to the logic of it all. No, that is not me saying I was told Shenmue HD will be announced.

It's logical if Sony want to make money from the franchise, that they would throw a few million for a studio to remaster them. They want to make money at the end of the day. So do YSNET and so to do Sega. Even if they are not remasters, the original 2 games will be released in some capacity, I have no doubts.
by Peter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

No question about it.
by Peter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3 pipol

Okay let's get these facts straight:

-Makes posts about how Yu Suzuki is sitting around drinking wine all the time

-Types like he's drunk

-Seems like english is his second language

-Constantly posting on the kickstarter

-Insists with certainty that Yu Suzuki is wasting the money on wine

I've figured it out, guys. Karimov wanted to play Shenmue 3 so badly that he used intensive psychotherapy to trick himself into thinking that he was Yu Suzuki, so that he could try to create Shenmue 3 himself. Instead, somewhere along the way, the psychotherapy treatments when wrong, and now all he does is drink California wine and post nonsensical, poorly constructed drivel on forums and kickstarter comments.
by SlySpy
Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

So I've got some funds after my mother passed away so I transfered alot of it on my savings account.
Then I thought "you know, after a really shitty christmas i'm gonna treat myself." So I bought a new phone (because my current has deteriated performance) and well I still had 400 bucks leftover.
Then I thought:" mm might as well support shenmue 3 again and get me that trial version." so I ordered it.
So with 300 to spare I trained my eye on the Nintendo switch when it comes out next year, welp never mind that because I got the signed edition of shenmue 3 too. You know what? I feel alot better now!
Ps:
I didn't forget the dojo and what you guy's have given me so expect some periodic donations aswell.
by Coromasta
Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3 pipol

Karimov
Banned
by Spaghetti
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

My body is ready. I dont even have a PS4 but I am going to buy one specifically for shenmue 3
by PunisherSpirit
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's a slightly better troll wannabe than SMDZero, but he's still full of cock.
by Peter
Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: we need a real update

ofcourse. i want the game to be like shenmue 2 if not better. but the absence of updates is a big problem. do you acknowledge that?
If you want the game to be the best it can be, surely you can recognise that it's better to allow the development team to keep their heads down working rather than prepping large updates on unfinished materials that will get trashed anyway because of being unfinished?

The Kickstarter updates should not be an attempt to play to a hungry audience. That is what the game is for. When the time is ready to pull back the curtain, they will do so.

They already keep a better update record than many other crowdfunding projects who have had no set update pattern and will go silent at a moment's notice.
by Spaghetti
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Spaghetti wrote: C'mon Karim. We know it's you.

Course it is. Should have told me to log in sooner. Fuckin fruitloop.
by Peter
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Fucking Pokemon?? Know where the loyalty lies there you mudblood.

Thanks to Jibby, Spaghetti, James Brown, Mr357, Switch and everyone who helps and tunes in every week. Can't believe we have been at this for 10 weeks. Insane how it's bringing us closer and closer to Shenmue.
by Peter
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

You don't get it do you.

All you post here is about "how I have contacted YSNET...". I wouldn't expect them to have an update at the end of this month either with all the replying they have to do you.

Maybe leave them alone? Let them work on the damn thing? That's an option.
by Peter
Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll be worried (for a December release date) if we don't get any substantial update by the end of June 2017.

As for the actual situation, just read (maybe several times) what Suzuki San said in the last "progress update":

“I have been absorbed in developing the game and I stay in the studio all night time to time. My life is all about Shenmue day and night.”-Yu Suzuki

They are hard at work right now. This is the only reason we don't get updates. That also means that they are doing everything that is humanly possible to create the best Shenmue 3 they can.

We have waited for over a decade to get Shenmue 3. Yu Suzuki waited for over a decade to get the opportunity to make Shenmue 3. I have faith. He won't disappoint us, even if we have to wait a little longer to get out of this cave.
by Kiske
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or they could just smack us all in the face with actual early gameplay footage for the first time out of nowhere. :lol
by Anonymous81
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1775306

Greetings Everyone,
It has been a long time since our last update, and we are painfully aware you all have been eagerly awaiting the monthly report. All of us here have been so wrapped up in the development process that time seems to have flown by...

But no excuses! We apologize for the lapse and will do our best to bring you updates every month. It is beholden on us to keep you informed (without giving too much away of course!) and will do so as promised.

So here we go with vol. 2 of our dev room reports!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUblCa_MHBM
by Peter
Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Yep and look really hard at the size of the character models in relation to the size of the area, and buildings. This game will not be a small game. Choubu is bigger than this, and Baisha is bigger than Choubu. Can you imagine walking down from that path on the left, just walking around this little area, listening to the sounds of the environment, interacting with NCPs.

This is fucking Shenmue 3 right there.

Hey Peter,

Wondering if you saw any of this in the trailer shown to you at the Japan dinner? And if so, how much more than this did you see if at all?

No this all seems to be ingame development, specific to details, placement of 3D objects, mechanics etc. The trailer we seen was a lot of the cutscenes that would take place on the game.

Take the opening of Shenmue 2, meeting Joy, going on the bus to Kowloon, meeting Ren, the cave, the rooftop etc... Take all those cutscenes and mash them together with a musical overlay as a trailer for Shenmue 2, and that's more or less what we got for our trailer of Shenmue 3.
by Peter
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's the little things that get me excited the most, such as we will indeed have a notebook, we will have Excite QTE 3 and QTE Fighter retextured, a watch always in the corner....

Not only all those "Shenmue", touches but if some of you remember, i went into detail about the conversation in Japan with Yu about colours and how he was looking to obtain that "Shenmue" look. When i look at that warehouse shot, with the arcade cabinets, i cannot emphasise it enough how that's my absolute favourite screenshot we have seen in an update. Seriously, just look at it. Look at the textures on the warehouse door, the design of the arcade, the positioning of them (in the back of some dingy warehouse), the colour pallette and how it does indeed feel wet and you can feel it through the screen. It looks like an unused screenshot from Shenmue 2 due to all of these aspects alone.

As for E3, PSX was a stark reminder of how plans can change. We were told straight up what was happening at PSX and obviously those plans changed over the course of a 10 week period. We don't know if there are HD remakes even in development, we don't know if this game will indeed be delayed etc, but my stance is quite simple. I will get beyond hyped for E3 like i did PSX and i don't care at all if there's another no show. Why? Because every event like this is worthy of getting super hyped about, since we now have a legitimate reason in that Shenmue 3 is very real. It's been a 2 year celebration for me, trying to be positive and come up with ideas to help Shenmue. I will never apologise for trying to be positive all the time, and i am sure some people may get sic of it, but i will never understand people complaining about character models, logo fonts and designs, game elements not being up to scratch.... Shenmue 3 is real and long may the fun updates and hype around gaming events continue because one day, all of this will be over and we would give anything to go back to these times.
by Peter
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of boredom, I've done a 1920x1080 "collage" with some WIP Shenmue 3 images.

If any of you would like to change his wallpaper. :lol:
by Kiske
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone! I haven't really written my reaction to this awesome update outside of the twitch streams etc but I want to shed light as to why I am excited. This game is coming along really well and I also think these updates will slowly help to set peoples expectations onto what this game will actually be like as it heads towards its eventual release.

Before the kickstarter announcement ever happened, I expect whenever people envision a potential Shenmue 3 it was something similar to what was seen in the Yakuza 6 trailer perhaps where it would be really grand in its budget and aiming to redefine the genre that it's in etc. And I actually feel that a more modest budget (even though it's still a decent amount!) is going to do more good for Shenmue 3 than a blank cheque was ever going to do.

Shenmue 3 from the get-go seems to have a lot more focus/vision in terms of what they want to accomplish and the new update really communicates that well. The notebook, the simple act of opening cupboards and the chair, the QTE's and (potentially) the Nightfall fade that Himuro speculated all give the impression of this being a direct sequel without any other concerns/guff based on contemporary trends. It just feels as if I can jump into the game with the same mindset as if I was 12 year old again! :-) It's so cool to see all the dev's team comeback and be willing to do it (I'm sure fans of many other franchises could say the same thing!)

Another great reason to get excited about Shenmue 3 is that this is by FAR the best generation for it to happen outside of DC/Xbox OG. Could you imagine if Shenmue 3 was made for the Xbox 360/PS3 era? Not only would it present more limitations tech-wise for the team but it would've incredibly more expensive for them to produce. The best advantage of current gen isn't necessarily in CPU+GPU but just the ease of the development environment and the tools/engine (like UE4) allowing indies to do more faster and spend much less. It doesn't surprise me at all the pace at which Peter describes was accomplished, and it's great to hear that UE4 is indeed doing wonders for them.

I want to also convince some of you guys that I don't think the budget will be too much of a concern for it's impact on quality the game, especially in terms of scope and fidelity. I think the team is making the right decision in terms of focusing on the world/game logic elements first atm, that imo is the real star of Shenmue, not how pristine Ryo's hairs looks like atm. You gotta 'feel' Shenmue as well as see it (+the audio is obviously a HUGE part of the shenmue experience, no doubt is it guaranteed to strive in this regard). Despite what we've discussed about different teams handling different assets, the world looks incredible and the attention to detail. As Spags mentions, it is often better to leave the finishing touches like the models for later especially if they're working in a small group, which often brings its own advantages especially in terms of communication. A lot of this reminds me of what I saw during the Broken Sword 5 kickstarter, especially when details such as the face sticks out to the fans, but eventually:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/projects/279861/posts/299579/image-154133-original.png?w=560&fit=max&v=1346437496&auto=format&q=92&s=b74b81a71b1afa2e355f0036f6e302f3
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/projects/279861/posts/299579/image-154135-original.png?w=560&fit=max&v=1346437509&auto=format&q=92&s=a270d6dd4bcf59a2ec7b065379758384
I'm glad YS.net have included disclaimers at the bottom of the game footage whenever they show this stuff now!

There are a lot of videogames achieving so much with so little these days, people often mention the Witcher 3 in terms of budget+output of quality but I actually want to instead bring up two other games with pretty low budgets (+ don't have the advantage of tax breaks etc in their country) which are getting their own 3rd entries after so long within the next month: Dreamfall Chapters (for consoles) and Syberia 3. The originals were point and click adventures as you can see but it doesn't mean the latest entries are lacking in their vision. For me this genre is one of the reasons why I've always like shenmue so much at the time with aspects of how the game felt like an evolution to the storytelling seen in adventure games. It still seems crazy to me what is accomplished here with so little.

Syberia 1:
http://cdn-games.bigfishsites.com/es_syberia-parte-2/screen2.jpg
Syberia 3:
http://www.3dmgame.com/uploads/allimg/161006/244-161006105000.jpg
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Syberia-3_08-18-16.jpg

The Longest Journey (Dreamfall 1):
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/6310/0000001816.600x338.jpg?t=1479319224
Dreamfall 2:
http://www.lillyblossom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dreamfall.jpg
Dreamfall 3:
https://nambulous.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/dreamfall-chapters-book-one-0022.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HCaBd1ZaCN4/V2WhCQqhLXI/AAAAAAAA6uA/eJKDbYKzFKQClOYjhKm3Asou_hMEq7PGgCKgB/s1600/20160614193737_1.jpg

Onto features, perhaps the notebook tabs will cover events from previous games and chapters? I think that would be really cool. I also think it would be really interesting to discuss/debate (formally! xD) what concessions fans are willing to make for this game if it comes to it (such as full voice-overs, lips sync and and fighting sequences) I can understand people's concern over time for them just because they're so challenging for any game of any budget to accomplish but we've gotta just believe and hope in this regard. And I believe the father of VF knows what's best for the game. Personally voice-over was important to me at one time but I think it's become less important for me personally (especially after the Yakuza games, funnily the lack of it at first was so jarring to me at first lol).

Apologies if this post was lengthy but as you can see, there's just so much to be happy about I couldn't keep quiet about it! I'm really excited about the direction this game is heading in, the timing and passion involved all-round. Revisiting the older game briefly, I don't it's out of question for them to achieve that Shenmue roaming experience in 2017/18 again, they've got all the ingredients to do this and imo the experience distils down to a matter of the dev's unique taste and approach I think.

(It's going to be a bit scary for when this game does get closer to it's eventual release though, I don't think I'm physically or emotionally prepared for it yet xD.)
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have the day off work and nip out for lunch. The sun is shining and it's actually quite hot in Belfast. Immediately E3 came to mind and i got so pumped. Where you just want to scream out so loud in the street in excitement. Had to come home and put on the E3 2015 Sony conference with GT commentary. What a day. What a journey. Roll on 77 days!
by Peter
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't want an update at all. It increases the chance that something is in store for E3.
by Peter
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monday would be May 1st so another "month" with no update.

I don't care, I love it. Let them work hard and stay silent. I love watching people flip out and talk bollocks, when all the while, it's just building up the emotion to explode if anything gets revealed at E3.
by Peter
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I think it'll come at the end of May. No idea what it'll be. It'll be nice to see Waves frothing himself into a mess over a "HI AND BYE HARAM WINE SCHUZUKI PISS GOAT" update.
by Spaghetti
Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Aside from the roller coaster-like range of emotions that come from trying to figure out if each tweet is some kind of clue to what's in store... my impression of the photo is that Gio Corsi and Yu Suzuki appear at ease and genuinely happy. So Shenmue III is in a fine state no matter what happens with E3.
by Centrale
Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever . Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...

Why do you think the remasters will never come out?

Because Shenmue 3's big moment at E3 is 2 years old, and in those 2 years we didn't get the slightest clue about the remasters being in production (not 1 leak, not 1 pic, nothing, zero), aside from some guy on Neogaf fucking about in a thread.

If Sega doesn't make the remasters during what is arguably the best period they'll ever have for Shenmue's popularity (between the KS announcement and Shen 3 release), when will they ever make them?

I understand the lack of faith from anyone. Heck I sometimes feel the same because ya know.... Sega.

But I've tried over the past few weeks to word my posts as best I can, to try and give you guys hints as to what a few people behind the scenes either know, or are at least aware of. My name may be green and I am just seen as someone who steps in when conversations go sideways around here, but rest assured that's not the case at all. Behind the scenes, I work endlessly developing contacts, relationships and try to get a feel as best I can in regards to what's happening with Shenmues future. This ranges from industry employees, journalists, and even Awesome Japan and YSNET on occasion.

I don't keep information to myself either, I also share what I find out with certain people I trust and feel should know within the community. Anything I hear ahead of time, I use to get ready from a community standpoint. Write a post and set up the mindset of how to present that. That trust goes a long way, and shows that not all of us want to run and post what would be considered a leak, on NeoGaf or to a media website. I hold Shenmue very close to my heart and that of course includes the integrity of both the game itself and it's creators.

In regards to Shenmue HD, I have tried to point you guys in the direction of positivity. You don't have to listen to me, and be as skeptical all you want, but rest assured my positivity doesn't come from a fanboy passion based on hopes and dreams alone. I take what I hear and base my aspirations on that. Whilst I protect the information and their sources on the one hand, i also try and be as reassuring as I can to you guys on the other.

I have said before to forget Blitworks. Also, it's very.... Very simply a question of WHEN, and not IF Shenmue HD comes along. It may not be tonight at Sony's conference. But it will come. Keep the faith.
by Peter
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue hd rerelease. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega re-release these games? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do hd rereleases of final fantasy 10 (and now 12) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue is more expensive to rerelease as well.

Im really not a told you so person, and i have a dislike for people who are. But for this one time, i will happily say a big fuck you when the HD remake is indeed announced, after all the years of having to read your negativity both concerning Shenmue 3, as well as HD remakes.

Of course, when the HD remakes are announced, you will probably bitch and moan about them too since, ya know, thats what you do. Why change now, eh?
by Peter
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Can we please do another countdown to E3/twitch/stream kind of thing? This is more exciting then E3 as we know Shenmue 3 is gonna be there for real, there's gonna be actual footage and also new announcements. I used to love getting home from work and going on youtube to see everyone chatting while Shenmue music played. Good times.
by adom11800
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm taking this product sighting as a good omen for things soon to come!

by Centrale
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

At least Chai's new model is an upgrade.

http://i.imgur.com/ix1z5zU.jpg

Which 100% highlights the absolute point of lighting in a game, which Suzuki-san toiled over as we have seen during the "making of" of Shenmue by NHK.

I respect and tolerate a lot what is said on these boards, but when I hear the likes of "fuck this", and "this isn't what I want" I can't help be reminded of the previous generation of videogaming where Joe public was not allowed to see this shit.

"But it's a Kickstarter Peter, it's a Kickstarter!!!!"

"Our hard earned money went into that game. It may not be much to you but it's a lot to me"

"Here's this small change ive made"

"Here's what I think the game should be"

These are not direct quotes, but it sums up this thread, and it absoltely disgusts me. The majority of you generally do. That's right, a staff member here said you DISGUST him with some of the things you post. Don't like it? Theres the door. Leave. Unless you cross a major line we won't ban you.

I shouldn't have to watch my mouth because I am a staff member here, and I won't. Fuck no I wont. Im a loud mouthed Irish cunt. But I mean it when I say a lot of you really disgust me. You apparently sat around waiting for this game to become a reality. Clamouring at any sort of scrap that came from Sega or any part time employee by Sega who uttered the words "SHENMUE". They would be the biggest topics with literally hundreds of people coming to the domain to see what the hell was going on. This was a dead forum, long before 500k and Team Yu really to the word going again. The franchise was dead!! Gone forever. Sonic and Sega All Star Racing was not Shenmue 3, but we rejoiced like it was.

Fast forward to today and what I've seen, again disgusts me. It's a complete representation of the internet age. My opinion is better than yours. This looks shit, everything is shit, life is shit. In the general media life is shit when we live in a world of privelidges. It's crazy to think that this is a videogame where I begged my mother to let me go on the Dreamcast Passport disc for an hour (at £1 a minute so an hour cost her £60 and I never heard a word of it to this day, nevermind we were a poor family) to trade toy capsules with "Shenmue fans".

It's honestly a joke you people call all of the new material some of the names I won't repeat and I would like to reassure you, you won't be banned from here. Heck, you won't receive a warning. What I will say is I personally will absolutely seriously question you as a fan of this game. You may be here to fuck about, you may be here as a "casual" gamer, or you may be here for the craic. But honestly, from the bottom of my heart, sometimes something needs to be said. Go fuck yourselves. Go find something better to spend your life energy on because you are not wasting my time, you are wasting your own. We can argue all day over models and logos, but it's clear as day that there are those who passionately and diplomatically debate over this franchise. Who cares for it like Sonic and Mario fans who care for theirs. Who Superman fans get tattoos of their own fictitious hero, and who follow their favourite band around the globe for. But then there and those who love a one post deal. "Fuk dis. Being bak dem DC models fam". Really?

I don't regret this post. I love the solidarity amongst out community at the moment, and we are about to embark on an event which stands as the beginning of a very long future for Shenmue. I respect everyone within this community and want to work together, but sometimes, shit just needs to be said, and going forward, I intend to say it.

If anyone does have a problem with what Shenmue 3 is right now, maybe send an email. Let him know how you feel. That won't work? It worked with the initial fans grumbling about the models. It happens with the logo change last month. He is a 40 years experienced games developer with some of the highest selling games of all time, never mind record breaking gaming achievement both over coin-op and consumer. But you know better don't you? So email him.

Or better yet, book a flight, come and speak to the man face to face. He's been to Monaco in the past, and now Germany. Come on, what are you holding back for? Come tell this experienced video games developer that you know better. Please!

Experience is the key word there. Something which I don't a lot of people won't have, nor can they understand. Experience. It comes from making mistakes. From falling down. From fucking up! You don't get to be on his position without fucking up A LOT of the time. But you didn't see all of that. The point is, this is the man's LIFE! This is what he does. It's his thing. It's what puts food in his mouth and on his children's mouthes. What do you want him to do? Go work on bins? Take out your trash? Fuck you people. This is what he does best, and his career in what he does best is more than. What any of us will achieve in our lifetimes. You think I want Shenmue 3 to be a game that's had Yu Suzuki jumped to the beat of a few young Thundercats who spent 5 minutes on Photoshop?
No way. I want this game as Yu Suzuki intended it. It's that simple.
by Peter
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic