Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Realizing you're a bad person. What next?

Have you thought about talking to a counsellor?

I know there is still a stigma about it, but like internet dating it's becoming much more prevalent, and for some people necessary, as we live in a much more hyper evolved existence even in comparison to 20 or 30 years ago.

It's not like seeing a "shrink", where they attempt to sort your shit out for you. Counselling is more like giving you the opportunity to sort it of your own accord but just giving you the nudge in the right direction.

Whatever happens, just know that there's always an opportunity to change. It's never too late.
by Sokora
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Realizing you're a bad person. What next?

Oh and truly bad people don't recognise they've done anything wrong, so you're halfway on the way to redemption already.
by Sokora
Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please pray for my sister

I hope she's ok, Bobby. [-o<
by Sokora
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

I am not religious in the least bit. I like science. I have beliefs like anyone. Thing is while I don't share the beliefs of people who are religious, I have nothing against it. For some it helps them cope with shit moments in life and sometimes helps them be a better person. Some people do abuse it and use ignorance to harm others directly or indirectly but TBH those kinds of people would find a way anyway to harm others like that. I am open to ideas and possibilities,I just can't settle on a single ideal. I need more than that.

Sounds like you're probably more agnostic than atheist.
by Sokora
Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on?

Thief wrote:
Bluecast wrote: I come back last month and now Spokane and Brotherman! So who's next to come back?!

My guess is QWERTY :P

Been here for a while bruv.
by Sokora
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

It's quite surprising just how dead this forum is outside of the Shenmue III forum. The whole time we were waiting for SIII,
GD was the most active and now SIII is a reality everyone has fucked off.
by Sokora
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you up to nowadays?

Hello all... HAI.

Hope you're all doing good, I drop by every now and again to see how the "man dem" (I think that's how you're supposed to say it) are doing.

I'm doing ok, got married, bought a house, planning to try for an offspring soon. The idea of it fills me with fucking dread but I'm sure it'll be cool when it becomes real.

I still play games, like the fucking manchildren WE ALL ARE, I struggle to stay engaged with the majority though. I found The Last Guardian boring (I KNOW!!!). Horizon: Zero Dawn was pretty good though.

Other than that, I do genuinely find myself getting old. As in nothing compares to "back in the day". Rose tinted spectacles galore, and that's a shame. But then I get that for things only a couple of years ago so maybe it's a mixture of being afraid of the unknown and hankering for nostalgia? Who knows?

EDIT - I might regret this but whatever; I've also experienced some mental health issues. Nothing too severe, depression and anxiety really. Predominantly anxiety, which is quite weird as through my 20s the bravado and arrogance was paramount. Things change when you get older though, I needed to talk to professionals to try and sort my shit out, no guarantee that's actually happened but if anyone needs to have a chinwag with someone that's experienced similar then get in touch. It's not easy.

Blah. Talking shite again.

Ciao for now.

Dan QWERTY
by Sokora
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Prepare yourself for disappointment. Anticlimactic conclusions to various plot threads and some really odd story decisions. Got a bit bored halfway through. 2.5/5
by Sokora
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2017 7th Annual Dojo Award Show Hosted by Jeff Goldb

MiTT3NZ wrote: Best award ceremony yet.

Short memory

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46755
by Sokora
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

So in less than 9 months I’m going to end up being a father.

Fucking bricking it but really excited too. Don’t care whatever gender, just hopefully healthy.
by Sokora
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Great news! HD Shenmue and Dorian returns

Well, OK, I don't need this game to waddle through my poverty, of course. It's just a plea for help which was blown over by people who have a personal vendetta against me. I never intended to go beyond the initial post asking for help, but I had to reply to the nonsensical accusations of certain hate-fueled individuals.

**User was warned for this post**

Have you tried getting a job? Ive heard you get money for doing one of those
by Sokora
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Never thought Id see the day where we would be expecting part 3 and HD versions on newer consoles. I’m not as passionate about the series as I was 15 years ago but it's still a satisting end to a very long wait
by Sokora
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

I don’t quite understand how someone that claims to be poverty stricken can own a PS4 and multiple games. I’ve lived with no money in the past, and there was absolutely no way I could even have fathomed owning a latest gen games console at the time. Asking for a free game is in very poor taste, especially given the circumstances I mention above.

Back on topic, 29.99 is a much better price that I had envisaged.
What's not to understand? I've bought a PS4 with a few games when I had some cash in 2016. I don't have any income anymore. In fact, if you bothered to look at my PSN account, you should know that I can't afford games for months now because I didn't add any new ones. Plus, I actually had to sell games to buy the PS4 ones. I'm out of things to sell. I can't even afford a replacement DualShock 3 for my PS3. I asked for help because I need it and it's hardly in bad taste. Sharing is not a sin. It's a virtue. Asking for help is not in bad taste. It's what people do when they're in a pinch. Just look around you. All those GoFundMe and Patreon links on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. If you don't want to help, then it's your call, but stop judging. You have no idea where I live and what I have to go through.

This is such a small request considering the price and so many people will buy multiple copies anyway. As David Sylvian recently put it, the sporting analogy of winners/losers, as if life’s a game, is sick. We all are simply coping as best we can in life. Judging people like you just did is a form of self-definition showing a primitive, binary approach to life.

Just get a job
by Sokora
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

Is this still a thing lol

After all we have been through we are getting Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on multiple platforms as well as a Yu Suzuki produced and directed Shenmue 3.

It could be in Times New Roman for all i care now.

Comic Sans FTW

The calligraphy and papyrus logos are shit though. There’s no mistaking that
by Sokora
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic