Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: So does Shenmue III ride the coattails for E3?

E3 is as good as time as any to show Shenmue III.

100% right! Everybody is talking about the Shenmue franchise, it's the perfect time to show some videos, I'm sure also Yu Suzuki is so motivated now, he saw again the fans in the Magic Show, Koch Media is behind the project, Sega is releasing the HD versions, everything seems to be alright, they need to enjoy this moment and spread the word Shenmue is alive.

Yeah man, I can't think of any other of a good time and place to show Shenmue III then at this year's E3. I mean looking at those screenshots at Magic, if the game looks that good in image then imagine how good it will look in video. I like to think that's what Yu, his team and Deep silver and saving it for.

It's a great thing that Shenmue HD is happening, so looking forward to seeing how it plays. Don't games usually take around 3+ years to develop ? So I don't think Shenmue III will be delayed again into 2019. Maybe earliest Q1 2019 to debug or polish but I don't see why it would be delayed that much. Unless more money has been invested.
by adom11800
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in Discussions Before Shenmue III Announcemen

Seems like they really were interested from the start then. Can't wait to play it.

Also, “There are more games on the list, there are more announcements to be made, and we’re just happy that we can bring out Shenmue I & II now.”

That line filled me with joy. Please be Skies of Arcadia! [-o<
by adom11800
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

This is very good news! It's so great to see how much attention Shenmue is getting. I'm glad for Sega and I like to think that it's not only Shenmue fans who are buying it. Inevitably it's likely around 70% or more who are but the new fans who are buying it will hopefully give that boost to Shenmue III sales. If they get into the series anyway.

I for one have been telling some work friends about it. 'You got a PS4 or Xbox One?' Then as soon as they say yeah I tell them about Shenmue. It seems much easier now then it ever did. I'm sure I'm not the only one spreading the word though.

So yeah very good news for Shenmue!
by adom11800
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

^I agree. At first I was pretty bummed about this but if it's for the best then so be it. It's definitely a good thing that the game is being polished to detail, making it the best it can be. We aren't just getting Shenmue 3 but the game in the best quality. I just really hope they show just a little bit of gameplay at E3 to ease the pain, hopefully a Shenmue I&II HD release date announcement too. If they don't show the game at E3 this year then the hype will start to wither. I think Shenmue III will be out early March 2019.
by adom11800
Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the game isn't shown at E3 then that is seriously bad. We don't get an update for weeks and then they say 'Sorry, the game is being delayed until 2019.' I'm not expecting anything big at E3 but it's gonna make a huge difference if it is.
by adom11800
Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue came out in 1999, 2000

Shenmue III is coming out in 2019.

Strange, eh?
by adom11800
Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm very dissapointed with the delay, I couldn't wait to play it this year but this decission it's for the best. If Suzuki thinks he needs more time to polish and enhance the game, fine by me (although it hurts!!)

In some way I was expecting this, they haven't barely showed real gameplay and we even didn't see Ryo walking, so expecting the release of the game this year could be near impossible. I had a bit of hope because we know Suzuki is very secretive about his job and in his old days at Sega he even downgrade his work (to show to it to the management) so that he could take more time but this time I see it's different.

What I do think they should improve it's the way the do some things, delaying again the game could hurt a bit less if they show at least one just minute of gameplay, seeing at last Ryo walking around Bailu and interacting with some NPC because after all, If it weren't for us, the fans, Shenmue 3 would not be alive today. I know Deep Silver is in charge of PR now and things have change in that way but it's just my humble opinion.

About the video posted by a fellow before, I love the new scenes! I can see also we have seen already at least 4 differents models of Shenhua, I think the last one is the one Cedric showed us in his tweeter:

https://i.imgur.com/F17HysV.png

And as I thought, they have showed us dated material in some updates and not the last build, in this pre alpha video we can see the little girl that we saw in the last Magic Monaco, and we were thinking this was new! I don't understand why they don't show the real estate of the game.

I hope they show gameplay at last in E3 or in Gamescom, we deserve it!

Couldn't agree more with you man! We do deserve to see some gameplay. If it's not at E3 then surely it has to be at gamescom? Also, the more I look at the new images, the more I love them. I think Ryo and Shenhua just look so good and detailed. Look how detailed the tiger symbol looks on Ryo's jacket, man.. props to the team and I feel the delay will only do the game good. But please enough of this silence and then showing older images.

I think we might all go crazy when we see what the actual game looks like.
by adom11800
Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Kiske wrote: Nothing new but a nice summarization of the short new footage from the THQ video.

phpBB [video]

Such an improvement.
by adom11800
Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Such a good, exiting and happy update! It reminded me of the good ol' days of getting home from work to be surprised with a Shenmue update. I feel Haruka will do a great job as Shenhua, seems like they picked a good one there. Always loved Ryo's Japanese voice so can't wait to his voice as Ryo again. Those pictures in the background look beautiful!

Man, Shenmue 3 is looking to be good. I wonder when we'll finally see gameplay?

But yeah a very good update. Felt the whole Shenmue magic after awhile.
by adom11800
Thu May 24, 2018 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Gameplay: My Predictions

I think the game will be out in about 8-10 months too. In terms of gameplay I've no idea until we actually see it.
Nice theories btw.
by adom11800
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

It's happening! I can't believe it. Shenmue 3 is getting closer day by day. Here's what I'm hoping and predicting:

Shenmue I&II HD trailer or release date annoucement happening next week on July 3rd. Could even be both.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom with a big trailer and gameplay.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom but not a big trailer.

I also think they are saving the facial experssions for the trailer. Makes sense as to why they would.
by adom11800
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

A serious well done to the fans, I wasn't expecting this as well as this quickly!
Now, a trailer and gameplay at gamescom would be amazing.
by adom11800
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic