Search found 22 matches

Return

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Can we please do another countdown to E3/twitch/stream kind of thing? This is more exciting then E3 as we know Shenmue 3 is gonna be there for real, there's gonna be actual footage and also new announcements. I used to love getting home from work and going on youtube to see everyone chatting while Shenmue music played. Good times.
I also would like this.

Anyway looks like haters are already digging in from this update
https://youtube.com/watch?v=An0fAmt_Jd4
by sutoji
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Yu didn't come back to make a "mediocre" Shenmue follow up.

He's coming back to blow your damn mind

by sutoji
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III start screen announcer...

Shenmue_Legend wrote: have the same music and QTE "bleep" sounds when ever you press a functional button from Shenmue and Shenmue II.

That's more like it.
by sutoji
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

Definitely option 2. The exact same cursive font that was used for Shenmue 1 and 2. TRUST US, PEOPLE CAN READ IT SUZUKI!!!
by sutoji
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suzuki wants Sega to do HD + Pleased with JP game interest

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/27/shenmue-3-interview-japanese-games-more/amp/

Just an interesting article which I don't seem to see posted elsewhere where it shows Yu's intentions of asking Sega himself for Shenmue 1 and 2 HD to happen. Yes he said this sort of thing in the past which means he's persistantly asking. Also in the article it says he is pleased with the Japanese games market being popular in the west as it was not always like that and he hopes with his game Shenmue 3 it can help it stay like that.
by sutoji
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Teaser Surpasses 500,000 Views in 1 Day

That is damn impressive, its literally the most viewed trailer only beaten by Uncharted gameplay from some time ago with 90k more views. This was unexpected and it means good things, I guess Shenmue 3 is very interesting to others, also the like to dislike ratio shows that people want this to succeed and finally understand its a work in progress trailer.
by sutoji
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SubtitlesMue

Should the subtitles for Shenmue 3 be coloured in the same way like Shenmue 1 & 2?

(BLUE for Ryo)
https://lparchive.org/Shenmue/Update%2028/lpshen_28_34.jpg

(BROWN for Others)
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/shenmue_082702_460b.jpg

or mabye this time PINK for Shenhua? to give her importance. In the poll, the 1st option is plain white or yellow whatever subtitles like most other games, the 2nd option is basically same as Shenmue 1 and 2 which doesnt have pink for Shenhua but Blue and Brown. The 3rd option is the same except pink is added for Shenhua's dialogue.

This was a very unique aspect of Shenmue and it must remain. If I recall there was an image of the game in motion a while back in some update that actually shows the subtitles done in colour with Shenhua for Shenmue 3.
by sutoji
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

clowns

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/screen-shot-2015-06-16-at-6-15-11-am.png

Shenmue 3 is happening

so stop the pooping on the updates

unless you are this guy:
http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Petermoore.jpg

or him:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Jeff_Gerstmann%2C_PAX_East_2015.jpg/220px-Jeff_Gerstmann%2C_PAX_East_2015.jpg

PS: You clowns are fortunate enough to be getting the game so before you type up your arse about Shenmue 3 in every negative way possible when something new is shown be grateful there are people even sitting down creating this in an office where they sweat like shit because they are making your game.
by sutoji
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wishing Shenmue 3 the best

BEST WISHES FOR SHENMUE 3!
by sutoji
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NeoGAF down as owner faces sexual allegations again

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/21/neogaf-imploding-amidst-evilore-sexual-assault-allegations/

Tyler Malka, the owner of popular gaming forum NeoGAF, is facing allegations of sexual assault. Facebook post claims that Malka, who is better known online as his username “Evilore,” was a mutual friend that went on a road trip with her down to New Orleans. She alleges that once in New Orleans, she got sick, went to take a shower, and then Malka decided to join in without any consent (the two were not in a relationship at the time, and never were).

These aren’t the first time that Malka has faced allegations of sexual assault, as his own blog post about a trip to Spain led people to questio him after he admitted in 2012 to grabbing a woman in a club while drunk.
Due to the situation, several longtime moderators have stepped down. I’ve managed to confirm that even more moderators are planning to leave the site in the near future. While there’ a staff exodus, the site itself has gone into a state of self-implosion, as people are currently trying to one up themselves in an attempt to ge banned from the site. These types of threads were being removed earlier, but now many have stayed up since the site doesn’t seem to have a active moderation team at the moment.

HOLY **** NeoGAF is down, several mods have left and users were asking for bans.
by sutoji
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Swearing in Shenmue III?

Brilliant post you made there. Personally I think swearing should be kept to a minimum but still take place. Absolutely no use of the word "fuck" or "shit" but instead "damn" and "bastard" just like the previous games (mainly Shenmue 1)

Yu Suzuki would never include swearing in any game he makes to be honest. The Shenmue series is light in tone and only represents the dark side in the form of Martial Arts or illegal characters like Ren haha.
by sutoji
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3's overall reception

I predict a 78% from Metacritic or around that range as well as a 7/10 from IGN simply because the Shenmue aesthetics of waiting around and part time jobs (if prevalant) will get criticised negatively but a lot of praise may arrive for story and environments just like the previous games. To get a score like 8/10 or higher is just unrealistic for Shenmue 3 since people will keep in mind it is a kickstarter (I'm not saying that they are always low scored) and the budget is not very high resulting in possible backdraws when compared to the typical 9/10 game that has a lot of money put into it. It will be very fun to see review threads here and all the opinions on the internet about the game when it arrives!
by sutoji
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The internet when Shenmue 3 arrives

What will it be like? the internet in general. Shenmue 3 will be talked about everywhere such as information about the game, story info (spoilers), review threads and impressions. Will you still be using the internet and browse this forum for Shenmue 3 at all or avoid it will be such an exciting time for sure. I am still going to use Shenmue Dojo and other places when it arrives but I would avoid YouTube and potential spoilers online.
by sutoji
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

Look at it this way, as character modeling has been outsourced to an experienced studio in India this paves the way for Suzuki and the Japan team to actually focus on other important aspects of the game. I have faith in this team especially seeing how they all communicate together on their work which shows good teamwork and trust into both teams. With only a year left unless we see a delay serious amount of work can be done with this time period. Many NPCs can be modeled and the most important ones Ryo and Shenhua can be completed with a showing near the games release. All gameplay elements might already be fantastic as Cedric has played a build of the game and reported on it. This is a win win situation, Deep Silver would help promote it and you got everything set up with all these studios helping out, it is amazing how YsNet have got more and more support as the game went on.

Probably most of the people talking crap about the models don't know a thing about Shenmue so you'd have to excuse them. They would just give an input that is laughable because the whole idea of the game being made under what is nowhere near the scale of the original games doesn't get into their heads, either that or they are delusional haters that for some reason want to see Shenmue fail and I've seen this by gaming journalists, they are already seeing negative and the game is nowhere near complete. That's people for you.

Yu Suzuki is working his damn hardest, I don't have any doubts with that legend and so is the team, Shenmue means a lot to him and his ideas for 3 are all inside his head, all he has to do is apply them, create and we get a good continuation of this series. Let the naysayers say what they want but this game is long overdue. Outsourcing is the best thing you could do as it allows more focus onto other elements seeing how this studio is helping with character production and to top it off that model looks completely fine. Not bad at all so the negative reception is just flatout inexcusable.

Anyone saying negative stuff towards this should seriously back off. They are working hard and the game is not supposed to be so technically impressive like other games. It is Shenmue 3, saying "these models look like plastic" or whatever just shows your ignorance to understand what the game even is and you are just hating. The game is definitely being improved and there is no proper gameplay shown yet which doesn't even matter. You have to realise that Shenmue 3 even existing is work of a miracle because this game finally came to fruition I won't let hating little delinquents ruin and bash all over this sequel that loads of us have been waiting for years.

People will judge without thinking about the situation the team is in. If it looks bad then fine that's your perception but what they can do is still impressive in the end of the day as they put all of this together using UE4. It's not supposed to look very impressive anyway even considering this isn't the final model or anything. With whatever I see it doesn't put me off or anything, I can deal with what they offer and it is no way a scam.
by sutoji
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Verderame wrote:What's bad about it again?

Nothing
by sutoji
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

Yu Suzuki will attend MAGIC Monaco 2018, "in order to share with you the latest cool stuff regarding Shenmue III"

https://twitter.com/MagicMonaco/status/ ... 0133443585

24th Feb! That's not too long away at all!
by sutoji
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmu ... 919/unread

And people just can't help but start bashing the game again. Ignorants that don't understand it's not supposed to be some technically groundbreaking work.
by sutoji
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #78: Then, Now and Tomorrow

Although everything in this new "update" tells us backers to lower our expectation even more, the dreamy people (as usual) are excited and happy with that ....

In short, what we've just been told is : graphics won't be comparable to AAA titles, it took almost two years to make "acceptable" models of the two main characters, facial expressions and animations are not done yet, we now have fewer characters than what's been initially announced, the new fighting system will be puzzle-based and more aimed towards causal players so we can kiss anything close to the decent fighting system of Shenmue and Shenmue II goodbye, and finally another delay is highly expected.

btw, can someone remind whoever subtitled the video that we're still in 2017 ?

https://i.imgur.com/82MLCiU.png

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/12/commentary-on-kickstarter-update-78.html

Switch's Phantom River Stone blog has an analysis up for the video, including some clarifications about Yu's comments in Japanese that didn't come across as directly as they could in the English subtitles.
Which matches with Yu's comments at Gamescom that Choubu alone could have an NPC count of 200.

Similarly, "puzzle game" is a bit of a translation goof, and is actually "thinking-style game", which is the same phrase Yu has used at Gamescom and (I think) in interviews even earlier than that about the combat. It's obviously not referring literally to puzzle games, but was likely used to evoke a sense of strategy Yu has talked about before in regards to the new combat (splitting enemies into smaller groups, knocking objects and other enemies into each other for an advantage, etc).

Also, the "2018 has been the year..." comment at the end of the video is not just a 2017/2018 typo mix up, but a tense mix up and meant to be "2018 will be the year...".
Thanks a lot to Switch for his contributions in clearing some of the ambiguity up! Spaghetti

On the topic of character models, with character design studio Lakshya Digital now having joined the project , Yu states that this month (December 2017) the number of character models has substantially increased. The English subtitles in the video say that the count

In today's video interview, Yu again uses the same phrase in Japanese ("thinking-style game") to describe the type of battle system he wants to create. This is a description that applies to games such as board games (chess etc), 3D-block puzzles or puzzle video games

In his wrap-up message, Yu talks about the coming year. 2018 will be a crucial year addressing the most important part of Shenmue: the way in which the Shenmue characters go about their daily lives.
by sutoji
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cows confirmed for Shenmoo 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSkPHIBWkAMWoEA.jpg

Finally we can now milk the cows which is going to be a part time job. You will have to earn money and in rural China and these farmers have cows so one of the ways that the player can enjoy their time to make Ryo rich is to milk them. You can also pet them as Yu Suzuki says it is a vital part of the Shenmue experience!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cows-confirmed-for-shenmoo-3.14325/
by sutoji
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2017 7th Annual Dojo Award Show Hosted by Jeff Goldb

Shenmue_Legend is worst member of the year, I approve.

Also south_carmain and mittenz are defo funniest members
by sutoji
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic