Search found 1 match

Return

Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/logo.jpg

Shenmue is a 1999 adventure video game developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega for the Dreamcast, produced and directed by Yu Suzuki. Suzuki coined a genre title for its nonlinear gameplay, "FREE" (Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment), for the game, based on the interactivity and freedom he wanted to give to the player. Suzuki intended to achieve this by simulating aspects of real life through the game, such as the day and night system, real-time variable weather effects (unheard of in a game of this kind at the time), fully voiced non-player characters with their own daily schedules, quick time events, and various other interactive elements such as vending machines, arcades, and convenience stores.

This version made by me offers users the ability to play Shenmue with Japanese voices and English subtitles. I used the official English translation for this undub version, but the Japanese version of Shenmue contains more dialogue, there is approximately 3% of Japanese text retained in my version (I have not yet managed to find a translator that is able to translate the remaining Japanese sentences into English for me).

I used the translation from "US Shenmue" to make this Undub version.

For this release, I copied all the necessary directories (Sound + Japanese Subtitle) into a PAL ISO for Shenmue and I changed most of the Japanese text into English one line at a time. Thanks to the translation tools that Sizious released.

The advantage of this method:
-Less errors/Synchronization bugs (lip sync)
-The subtitles for the dialogue are in good working order in the game
-I replaced the designs of the vending machines with the original Japanese versions
-For the CD-R 80 version, I downsampled some of the voices to avoid deleting any audio from the game (as a result all of the characters have speech)

Unfortunately, there is still some Japanese text in the script (3%) Because the Japanese script contains more text than the English script, and I am not able to translate them (This only concerns the NPCs).

Thus this version of Shenmue Undub corrects some of the errors that plagued Smiths version.

Two version are available (CD-R 80 and CD-R 99) with some difference to make it fit in the appropriate sizes,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shenmue Undub "Disc 1" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE01.AFS from 14000hz to 11025hz.
-The language menu and text is in English only.

Shenmue Undub "Disc 2" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE02.AFS from 14000hz to 8000hz.

Shenmue Undub "Disc 3" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE03.AFS from 14000hz to 8000hz.
-Arcade game remove (Hang On/Space Harrier)
-Track CDDA remove ("Wish..." song motorcycle cutscene)

Download:
[Link removed]
[Link removed]
[Link removed]

Shenmue Undub "Disc 1" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
Shenmue Undub "Disc 2" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
Shenmue Undub "Disc 3" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
-Everything is untouched on the disk, no changes have been made.

Download: .mdf / .mds format "Alcohol 120%"
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (CD-R 99)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (CD-R 99) [reupload bug fix 07/2015]
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (CD-R 99)

Download: .cdi format "DiscJuggler"
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (CD-R 99) CDI
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (CD-R 99) CDI [reupload bug fix 07/2015]
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (CD-R 99) CDI

Shenmue Undub [PAL-E] .GDI for GDEMU/USB-GDROM/Emulator: [News 07/11/15]
-Everything is untouched on the disk, no changes have been made.

Download:

Mediafire ( Disc 1,2,3) - Re-uploaded by shengoro86.

Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (GDI)

The savegame for this version is compatible with the PAL version of Shenmue II.

You will need Alcohol 120% to burn the file (.mdf / .mds).
Alcohol 120% trial v2.0.2.5830

Follow these instructions for burning to CD-R 80 and CD-R 99 discs:
Tuto Burning part 1
Tuto Burning part 2

Special thanks: Manic, Sizious, Shendream, Hiei-, MagicSeb, FamilyGuy.

Preview video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMLu5FZ7Jk

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/564304Sanstitre2.jpg
by kogami
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic