Search found 512 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Spokane wrote:I'm sure these guys will be good and take their mod powers seriously but use them in moderation at the same time.

Bad pun?

Horrible. But I approve, because it's true.

But still horrible. :-k
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

The Shenmue Dojo moderation team has been modified:

Yama (Admin)
Henry Spencer (Mod)
Peter (Mod)
Mr. Kyodai (Mod)

OL: Awaiting response.

We will have a new wave to follow in the coming months, adding one to two new moderators.

Thank you for your support!
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DC on ebay

Nice swap. I made my own "variant" before I bought one as well. Now have both, but still have a special place for the one I did by hand.

by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less Forums

Personally I think the idea of multiple forums is rather antiquated to begin with. When you look at modern blogging type software, tags and categories make more sense. It's easier to search and organize however the user wishes to see it. But phpbb is still a bit in the past. I feel there's a lot of room for improvement with this software without making it lose the feel of a forum.

Imagine users being able to sort it how they like and pin their own categories and forums based on their search terms. Of course ultimately such a thing would rely on people properly tagging their topics. :P
Agreed. As for now though, bookmark and subscribe suffice fairly well.

Also with more topics in one place, it's easier to search for what you want. So many times it was hard to remember if a gaming thread was in general, Sony, etc. It's never a good thing when creating a topic fit accordingly in three forums, that's how you know the structure is flawed.
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less Forums

No, it doesn't. If he was here or not, the forum being restructured was going to happen one way or another. He wasn't the owner or full admin, I gave him admin access for easy control over banning and a few other things. I already talked of doing this a month prior with other mods and agreed it was a good idea due to the forum being an utter cluster fuck. It's half of the reason people just stopped posting new threads, including myself.

As for the members, yeah, it obviously does. But we're talking about forum structure, not peoples personal vendettas here.
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help with non-copyrighted Images

I'll be the third to say it, frickin' GDLK sig.
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I or II (v. 2012)

It does look amazing via VGA, it's the only way I prefer to play.

Though Shenmue IIx also looked great via X-Box's HD component cables on a native 4:3 HD CRT. I miss mine so much.

Ahh, the good ol' days...

http://i.imgur.com/rOyzE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ijU7R.jpg
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWLnvqOsls[/youtube]
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye everyone

Spokane wrote:I joined in July 2003.

I'm just happy to be of the '03 crowd. :-"
by Yama
Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo in DOA5?

The only way I'll purchase DOA5 at anything but a bargain price.
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

He should see what I have to do here in NY, LoL !
by Yama
Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II is much more grand and develops far more as far as the plot is concerned, though Shenmue's atmosphere is still untouched in ways. Dare I say it all felt so... cozy?
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never mind anyone disagreeing, Guilin is still my favorite part of the series. It was beautiful, grand, formally introduced my favorite character Shenhua, developed the story and represents the series moving forward. And come on, who didn't love those QTE sounds? :)
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Natsuki has dreamed of being a housewife since she was a child. After graduating from college, she got a job for a construction company for the short term, but ended up working there for almost 10 years. When she was nearly 30, just as she was starting to think she'd never find someone worth marrying, she accompanied her boss to a meeting one day with Mikio Sumiya, an elite government official of the Ministry of Construction. She and Mikio fell in love and married after a breif courtship; so at last, Natsuki is fulfilling her dream. Her fellow workers still talk about her story as a fairytale ending. The couple bought a house in Sakuragaoka when their first son Kotaro was born, 11 years ago. Mikio is frequently transferred and is now in Hiroshima living alone. Sumitani really likes chitchatting. One of her pastimes is to gather information on show business from TV programs and magazines and be the first to tell friends about it. Furthermore, she likes to gossip about her neighbors. She is not satisfied unless she knows everything that's happening in the community. She might have useful information for Ryo, bu there are times when she slanders people. She may appear to be concerned about an incident, but more likely she wants to know so she can spread the word. It also known that she...

CAN'T SEE SHIT!

What a beautiful story.
by Yama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rep gone?

KiBa wrote:My Captains, ye know not what OCD goals ye have destroyed!

Anytime. :-"
by Yama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off today

I'm good now, just work. Lunch does wonders.
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Awesome article on a severely underrated series:

http://lparchive.org/D-and-D2/
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona Series

Merged together the Persona threads. This series definitely deserves a huge and lasting thread.

Little story time on my time with the series. It's pretty obvious to those who know me, but maybe not so much around here. I'm a huge Persona fan since literal day one, one of my top three series. I started following the series when Revelations Persona was first shown in GAMEFAN. It looked unique, enough that I went on a whim and decided to keep tabs on it and eventually picked it up day one at my local shop.

Then came Persona 2: Tsumi, my favorite title in the series along with it's counterpart Batsu. Before the series was widely known, a lot of people around me just knew it for that random game I played with the crazy art style. Truer words couldn't have been spoken though, the games music and art style are still unrivaled imho. So stylish. I played through the Japanese original before the Guido patch and before the official translation. I printed out a huge translation called the Oracle of Maya, pretty much wasted an entire day at my aunts law firm one summer printing it out. Hilariously good times, but pure dedication. The series also got me into Soul Hackers, which I put only behind Tsumi in terms of quality.

After Tsumi and Batsu I faithfully played the series over and over, but knew a true sequel would never happen. To me, my 'Persona 3' was SMT Nocturne. Loved Nocturne so much, still do. But then the unthinkable happened, Persona 3! A lot of people thought the premise looked interesting, yet I was already in ecstasy. Where as Shenmue III is my gaming nightmare, this is my gaming feel good story. Many newcomers enjoy the games dungeon layout, though while I do think it's adequate, I don't think it keeps up in terms of keeping things fresh like Persona 2. You never quite knew what was going to happen next in that game. Nevertheless, the game was still amazing and quite possibly one of my favorite that generation, it actually lived up to my expectations all of those long years later. The rest is history as the series has since achieved decent popularity (without selling out) and I couldn't be happier. Feels good being there since day one. Really looking forward to Golden and the eventual fifth installment, that will be a slice of heaven if it's presented anything like Catherine is.

If you started with P3 or P4, put down the evoker and go play the best game in the series. P2. Fact.

http://zotaku.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/271010_persona2.jpg
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Mine's still the same though. (except for these new posts of course)

When you deleted the Donators only forum those were subtracted.
they simply need to be recounted (which takes five seconds) after the move
My wording may have been poor, but I meant after the entire move/deletion of the forum. We have not hit the recalculate button yet and won't until it's all said and done.
by Yama
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would never just up and delete threads. They are all in general.
by Yama
Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona

Haha, good stuff.

And yeah Mue, I feel it lives up to the original. Outside of a few senseless edits (Hitler wearing sunglasses, lol), the game is more or less 1:1 as is the script. All musical content that was modified is still available, so there is just more to choose from this time around. The menus have been updated to look more in line with current generation Persona, which I admittedly love, though do miss the older layout time to time just based on principal. Some of the newer artwork is far less charming, though fitting nonetheless. The bulk of it however is still there. Solid port and necessary considering Tsumi never received official exposure outside of Asia.
by Yama
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona

To be fair, Japan was months ahead of the USA too. But I feel your pain, reminds me of the OG P3 delays... over the binding in a mini art book. ](*,)
by Yama
Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Great music, battle system, art direction and overall visuals. At the time that alone was enough to impress and as an art major, it still has it's ways of smoothing over the overall package. It's not some historic title to me, but I accept it for what it was.
by Yama
Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

I like how this thread turned into 'Have most of the forum members reappeared?' A good sign.
by Yama
Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

I just use my own judgement when linking images. If the site allows it and is big enough, it shouldn't be an issue. If it's some low tier monstrosity, I just upload it so it won't end up broken down the road.
by Yama
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo Meets Shenmue Cast

Below are live threads in which the Shenmue Dojo community directly asked the staff of the Shenmue series questions:

phpBB [video]

Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki)

Lisle Wilkerson (Xiuying, Joy & Yuan)

Deb Rabbai (Ling Shenhua - Shenmue)
by Yama
Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone have a Vita?

The console is amazing, just needs games is all.
by Yama
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

I think Blue is a good guy and have nothing against him personally, I'm not going to bash him like a ton are now suddenly doing. A decent amount of people bashing were the same few claiming he was the glue that tied the Dojo together. Plain and simple, he messed up and perhaps he was that glue during another era, but not this one. Needless to say, one mistake doesn't totally change how I feel about a person. If he were to post as a regular user, I doubt anyone would truly oppose it, at least not now while on level ground. At the very least I give my props in saying that he knew he wasn't mod material anymore, so left on his own accord. Obviously the rest was inevitable, but the fact that he did it himself, I have a level of respect for that (outside of de-modding someone else). I still like Blue and always will, in fact it'll be easier to have a friendship without the stresses of him having to staff it up here.
by Yama
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

This better be the signature version of Photoshop Troll.
by Yama
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

450x200 should be the max.

I think 400x150 looks about normal.

Should throw this in the TOS.
by Yama
Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organise Online Games Together

Will somebody just get Hot Shots on Vita already! >;(
by Yama
Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Crimson Ryan wrote:And things were going so well :roll:

One member doesn't decipher an entire forum and if they do, I blame the community as a whole not the member.

Needless to say, this is all in Junk... a forum that will soon be deleted, so it's really meaningless.
by Yama
Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does Yu Have The Eye Of The Tiger?

This........... is what happens when deprived of Shenmue III for too long.
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Peter wrote:Also, and no offence to anyone who had a run in with him before, but its an absolute sin Alex (AxM) isnt on these boards.

Skip the PM's, e-mails or even texts. I just left him a voicemail. If he knows what's good for him, we'll be seeing AxM today. He better not disappoint. :-$
by Yama
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Facebook

Just unsubscribe from updates from boring people, problem solved. It's useful for setting up events and such, something I do.

Peter, added ya'.
by Yama
Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True enough, the junk had been dying for a while
You said it, not us.
could have been revived properly
Days without use is not proper, no.
I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.
Cool story bro.

God forbid you expressed any type of gratitude towards any of the good we do around here. Seem like a one trick pony to me, harping on not even what's negative, but what you perceive to be negative. Must suck.
by Yama
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pheonix Skin

You guys are too much. Ended up getting swamped with work, going to continue making this. Should be done soon.
by Yama
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The PM wasn't posted with any type of malice, the thread was locked and obviously AG never got his say, so he was forced to send it to me via PM. Otherwise it obviously would have been right here. Hell, his reply was to my reply in the topic. Think of it as moving a post in here, it's not as if I publicly went and posted something that was strictly confidential.

I sent the topic to a few members that were seemingly on the fence at times, none that would obviously support one way or the other. I did that to be fair, not conjure up some great support group. I legitimately wanted a few people to read this and see where they stand, seeing as the thread was locked many may have missed out on the further discussion we were having.

Hell, want complete honesty? I sent it to you since you are friends with AG and myself, so obviously I would receive a neutral reply and one of honesty. I sent it to Mue since he criticized me greatly, but seemed to enjoy the new direction and hands on approach and eventually changed his tune. I sent it to Axm since he left and came back due to the changes, so to coincide with AG's statement of older members coming back and liking or not liking the change, I figured that was a good example right there. NO MALICE, NO PUBLIC HUMILIATION. I was the one publicly humiliated by a good amount after taking over, but instead of crying over it you take it and grow from the experience and earn peoples trust. It's actually pretty gratifying.

Hope you now understand, Blue... figured if you knew me, that much would be obvious.
by Yama
Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know you locked this Peter, but apparently the topic wasn't done as I received a PM. Rather deal with it here out in the open.

Stop Yama, just stop. I dont want it to be like this, also my post did express graditude in the fact that I mentioned the old members coming back, and I know the staff had alot to do with that, I have been saying that has been good. Everything else I disagree with very much, too much has changed. I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now. There was nothing wrong with the way things were before I dont understand why everyone has been on this gung ho lets change everything trip, I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before. I know I can be the funny guy that loves to goof off but on the opposite side of that I can be very serious as well and I am coming to you being very serious right now. Think about it dude, good luck.

I respect that you care for the place, I won't take that away from you.

I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming

Yes, we moved all of the forums only to move them back, that's wise. Do you really expect us now to weed through and manually move thousands of topics into sub forums because that's how you want it? Not the community, but you. Seriously? Mind you, most of this was done to reduce the amount of tables on the back end and help speed up the forums and keep them from suffering from down time. See, if you would listen to me once in a while, you'd know this. It was for a good cause. Yet I'm supposed to consider your points when you don't even take mine and the communities for that matter into consideration.

I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me

So is everyone else that spoke on the matter . Suddenly you are the community? Not a part of it? If the community spoke and opposed it as a whole, that would be that, they obviously didn't. The translation of this message was listen to you, not the community. I won't. I'll listen to everybody as I always have and unless you missed it, everybody spoke. I will always consider what you have to say, but in the end will choose what the majority wants and what is best for this community. When you let certain people have too much say and too much power, well... you know what happens, look back a few weeks.

By the way, so am I. I'll never twist it and say I've been as active as you've been over the years, but I've posted and lurked since 2003, I've seen the different eras first hand. I've seen your posts about me early on, checking the 'new member list' when I was added admin, "must be a new janitor", etc. Awesome stuff. Again, I've been here just as long as you have and unless you missed it, put a ton of effort forth since taking over.

I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before.

You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now.

:rotflmao:

The entire reason they are here is because of the changes, I should screen cap my inbox. You have no clue how many people thanked me for bringing the forums out of the gutter, you can't be serious.

Moral of this story: Hiring new and fair management that the community respects, combining forums to help aid back end speed and lessen confusion and clutter = bad. I've wasted enough of my time. ](*,)

It's really nothing personal, I have zero beef with you on any real level. I'll still consider your thoughts on subjects that are being presented and think you can be a cool guy. But, I'm not going to sit here talk about what's already done and has been widely accepted through out the entire community.

P.S.: It's fun to play the blame game, but enough talking to me. The entire community was cool with the changes, the entire staff helped aid them. You're not talking to just me if you have an issue with this anymore, address everyone that it pertains to. Enjoy.
by Yama
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil

Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.
by Yama
Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil

The most interesting plot lines in Biohazard 4 were not part of the forefront, that's the problem. Ada's Report and everything that went along with it was acceptable.

And yes, Lisa's story in Rebirth was perfect. In fact Rebirth is perfect. Along with Biohazard 2, definitely the most solid title in the series in my opinion.
by Yama
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Chapter 2 Recruitment

This is the most hype thing to happen around the Dojo in a long time. Make this a reality all involved.

(Count me in for any graphic design)
by Yama
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic