Search found 865 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Hope Henry's brother doesn't find out his password again..
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

I'm sure these guys will be good and take their mod powers seriously but use them in moderation at the same time.

Bad pun?

What in tarnation are you talking about?
BANNED!

Thanks for putting me back in the saddle, Yama. Happy to be aboard. I'll do my best. As I'm sure Pete will (and always has been), he's a class act and to be honest, I didn't know who the other mods would end up being until just now. So yeah, the team looks really good and I'm damn sure we'll all get along just fine, no worries folks. This is the best and only internet forum that I frequent and there's a reason for that, the community (yes, Shenmue too, of course!), all the personalities make this place a real neat place to be. I think that together we can make this place thrive again. There's a reason some of us have been on here for ten years (some even longer) surely? We all know why, we like this place so much.

And if anybody wants to chat about any issues about these forums, we're here to listen, you won't be talked down to, I'm here to help and I'm sure the other mods feel the same way. Now that that's over, let's have fun, fellow Dojo-ites.

And no, my brother will not be a problem. :-"
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jet Set Radio on XBLA and PSN

This is one of those games thats most deserving of a native HD port. So much eye candy and the music is so on point.
by Axm
Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less Forums

Personally I think the idea of multiple forums is rather antiquated to begin with. When you look at modern blogging type software, tags and categories make more sense. It's easier to search and organize however the user wishes to see it. But phpbb is still a bit in the past. I feel there's a lot of room for improvement with this software without making it lose the feel of a forum.

Imagine users being able to sort it how they like and pin their own categories and forums based on their search terms. Of course ultimately such a thing would rely on people properly tagging their topics. :P
by Yukupo
Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good job. I'm glad you rearranged the gaming forum, as it was pretty awful before. There was absolutely no need for Sony/Nintendo/Sega sub-sub-forums. It just meant that only about two threads (RPG and Square Enix) ever got posted in usually, while we had about four lifeless sub-sub forums.
by mue 26
Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye everyone

sooo....
Does this make me the oldest member here now?
Probably not. I'm a couple of years older than Bluecast :P Regarding the situation. My first thoughts were : again? #-o
As I wrote in another topic : this place has had its share of power abuse and frankly, petty drama. And honestly, for some reason it's a little tiresome to see after all these years. Maybe it's just me but back then the community felt more as a whole. Sure there was some big drama with people leaving at one time but something feels different now. I don't know. Some kind of bitterness that I can't describe.

I think this place may finally be on the rise again! At least for a few more months.

Also could we maybe contact AxM and Jeff (even if people dont like him) and let them know that it's safe to come back?

I can't recall if Jeff bothered me that much. I mainly remember Nascar and the Republicans :P

I'm simply going to do what is right. I'd rather a handful cry for a day or two and return to a properly balanced and cohesive website than a cesspool of filth, plain and simple. The redesign was a new take on things, but the heart still needed surgery. The surgery is complete. How do I know this? The entire community is fresh, newcomers and vets alike and everyone is on the same page. It is going to stay like this, for good. So enjoy. Less doubting and sulking, more posting.
That's a good goal to keep it balanced that way. By the way, you probably didn't interpret it that way but to clarify, my comment wasn't aimed at the action taken by mods/admins. It's great that you guys took it upon you to continue the site. Being a member since 2003 this place became my main stay on the internet and it would've been a pity if it disappeared. Especially since it also keeps Shenmue out there in an industry where games are more quickly "consumed and forgotten" these days.

It was more of a general observation compared to the 2003-2004 era, not something that you can affect totally as a site owner. As I said, it's some underlying bitterness now and then and I've noticed that some of it was due to the situation with the Shenmue series at times. And one hard thing to balance is how strict the place should be. Years ago it got overboard with almost no moderators around. But I've also noticed that stricter periods made people leave or caused friction resulting in people not daring to post as often. The forums have always been a bit "chaotic" and that kind of worked when people were less on the edge. It created some different vibe. But as I said, it's a delicate balance and not even meant as a suggestion. Just some observations after having been here that long.

by ys
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I prefer there to be no sub-forums. Before now, if something was in a sub-forum that just meant that I wasn't going to read it.

While I think bookmarks and subscribing to topics is a good idea I don't know if stickies should be completely done away with (which they haven't). Sometimes, I'm too lazy to log in (or can't) and I like to be able to find popular topics easily.

As for Junk, I don't care for it one way or another.

I, personally, like the changes so far. Thanks for the hard work guys :)
by Thief
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help with non-copyrighted Images

I applied for a Capital One Journey Card and they're giving me the option of uploading my own photos to put for the design of the card. Does anyone know where I can maybe get non-copyrighted images of Shenmue? Trying to find a loophole :rotflmao:

I'd go ahead and just send them a regular piece of Shenmue artwork and see what they say about it.

If not there's a great range of fun fanart online, I like this one.

http://i.imgur.com/1YqvO.png

deviantART link.

Also I like your signature. :lol:
by Bambi
Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Attempting at the Arcade Capsule toys

I know the sneaking is easy, but If it will give me more n more yen, then I'll sure as hell keep failing. I usually finish the game by December 27th, so I'm gonna try and get into January/February. Plus more yen = more time to feed my capsule collection addiction
If my memory still serves me correctly, Ryo will get 500 yen per day while he keeps failing. But, he still needs to commute to the harbor, and 160 yen x 2 per day will be deducted accordingly. So, you'll make 180 yen per day after all.

Anyway, if you try that, be sure to see Shenhua's warning dream on the March 31st night and enjoy viewing cherry blossom in Hazuki yard in April. The bad ending occurs on April 15th.
by Kiyuu
Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What types of SIII Collectors Editions would you like?

I have merged the two topics that existed covering Shenmue III Collector Editions. Topic creators have been notified and the topic retitled. :nice!:
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im sure i'll get used to it, im just picky about how and when this place changes, since ive been here for so long. And all I was saying Yama is that Blue leaving opened the door/made it easier for all the other things, pre-planned or not, to happen. I still wish everyone could be here and we didnt have to substitute one member to gain how ever many more back, but thats out of my control. I hope for the best.
by AnimeGamer183
Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What does the Dojo drive?

Cooper S (supercharged)
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona Series

More of a SMT fan myself. Hope P2: Eternal Punishment comes out in the States, at least then I can import it for my PSP.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music from Ryo's nightmare

Not on the OST but

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPY-vbBNIHU[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

man that looks like a great thing to do, shame i have a fear of dying
by south carmain
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"That was legit."
"Shit just got real."

Has Axm found Hip-Hop?
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of an internet dating troll

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QelSozE2-0[/youtube]

NSFW, of course.
by NeoShredder
Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

Adjustable coilover suspension.
by Axm
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

@Peter

I do. I just dont mind driving sideways over them or using an alternate route to get somewhere.
by Axm
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Does anyone have a Kowloon elevator shot? Nice color and atmosphere, as I recall.
by KiBa
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

here's an avatar if you like it ;-)
by south carmain
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

My other name idea was to be Yama's counterpart and called myself Nose. Yamanose
by Yokosuka Martian
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Love the images you guys do.

by wdrpgwd
Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picture Association Game!!

Pah! Iwao Hazuki..
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

At the local Japanese grocery store I found this gem.
Someones on beast mode!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
by Axm
Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleeping Dogs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdgKAf6f6U[/youtube]
by ThyDarkAngel
Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Music: Ryo's Arrival to Guilin (Dreamcast)

Ok it turns out this is not a unused track after all. This track is used in the beginning of the Guilin chapter for the Dreamcast version. I labeled this "unused" because I was using the Xbox port as a reference. If you listen and compare both versions it's obvious they are not the same.

Xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLO2lkidgY&t=91s

Dreamcast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovBrPi1V9U&t=1m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9IEOhyoqE
by Ziming
Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So about that new IP..

good question, let me ask my crystal ball
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/creatista/creatista1110/creatista111000020/10833404-male-fortune-teller-gazes-over-a-crystal-ball.jpg
and the answer is
http://www.upperplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/64ff821fc9toylet.png.png
by south carmain
Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVrnd9V7sk[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Yama wrote:In other news, Sega CDX has outsold the Wii U three units to one.

and the NGPC is outselling the Vita.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:the freedom tower.

they should of built a giant statue of an eagle on top and surround it by huge pictures of the forefathers while they were at it

Yea I don't care for the name either but its better then having a fallout zone in the middle of the the area I grew up in.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Talking about puzzle games reminded me how Bust a move 4 for the dreamcast has some pretty weird cover art.

The Japanese version is a lot better, it actually looks like the game. :P

by Thief
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Yama, Henry and Peter start taking apart the junk forum: http://www.grapheine.com/bmovie-tv/publ ... 80c54.html
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off today

Moment thug was filmed punching woman, 18, so hard she's now crippled yet prosecution blunders mean he'll NEVER face court

http://i.imgur.com/l5op6.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191479/Thug-crippled-young-woman-18-unprovoked-attack-walks-free-CPS-error.html

Hate the paper itself but it's the only article I could find with a video.

I was having a good day until i saw that. Cheers.
http://i.imgur.com/2Hmyr.jpg

I'll leave this here in the hope that it helps restore some of your faith in humanity.
by Bambi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting (Please Support Us!)

Donated $10.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Still aint gonna donate to yur Bane costume.

myshtuff wrote:Image
And you'll never have to.

:rotflmao:
by Bambi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

So I sniffed this place out for a while and realised that things have changed.

There's less negativity than before. Less bitching, it seems. Think i'll stick around for a while.

I'm sure you've all missed me, fellas.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

am I the only one who thinks they fucked up ryo's face in all star racing? also he seems to have lost a lot of muscle, I guess all time time waiting in a cave made him lose some weight
by south carmain
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright, cheers Pete. I've started doing it this afternoon, will continue on it later on tonight.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It should still be going ahead. The only problem is that the couple of last pages still have to be filtered and either selected for deletion, or moved to General Discussion. I have been off the internet the past week (apart from phone visits) but will hopefully have this sorted for the weekend. But seriously be my guest, have a look in junk. It either has topics that can be moved to GD, Gaming or deleted since its all about cock, or orgy shit. This will be happening though, There is no need for it :)
by Peter
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organise Online Games Together

I actually never got Borderlands, I changed my mind. I was having such a hard time deciding what 3rd game I should get besides Binary Domain and Birds of Steel I just only went with those two for now.

Amazon has like several canceled orders from me I was having such a hard time deciding. So I figured just save that extra money for when I do know what I want for sure.
We can play Binary Domain online!
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic