Search found 121 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: 747 crash

Well, you should. Dumbass.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri May 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Gun laws vary from state to state. Some gun laws are extremely strict while others are fairly weak. Why are there more strict in some states than others? I would say due to the amount of gun related crimes, and the overall political view of the state. This is a democracy, after all. The popular opinion is the one that should come out on top.

Thing is, there is a point where gun laws can get too strict. What if the government gets so corrupt that a militia does need to go against their government? I am sure when I said "this is a democracy" in my previous paragraph at least one person thought "Yea, right... maybe if our votes actually mattered." or something along those lines. We do vote for who we want to place in office, but it is no secret that this is not a perfect system. If the system gets out of whack enough, we will still need to have the ability to be able to rise against the government and protect ourselves from tyranny.

This demonstration is a direct representation to see if it is still possible for people to create such a militia. The law says we can, but giving the current popular opinion of the country, is it even possible? The intent of these people are not to overthrow the government (which is, no shit, illegal as hell). In washington DC, a civilian cannot even get a concealed handgun permit if they had good reason to, which I think is kinda bullshit.

I'm aware of why the right to bear arms exists. I get that. I don't necessarily agree with the outdated justification but, along with the reasoning for the protest, I get it. What I don't get is how this will help your position. If you threaten any government with armed revolt - and let's be honest, despite the claims of peaceful protest, it is still a threat - it will respond defensively, regardless of whether it is corrupt, fascist or democratic (see: my earlier point in regards to the October Revolution). This will not loosen gun laws in any way whatsoever, if anything it will do the opposite, giving politicians a reason to enforce them even further.

It is the sort of half-baked idea that one would expect from libertarians; completely idealistic, ill thought out and - at best - achieving absolutely nothing.

Now lets say your scenario does play out where shots are fired and people start dying. What does this mean? First, it means that the people who took part in this march were not "peaceful protesters" and were in fact terrorists with a very elaborate plan. The only reason a government official will fire is if they feel that their or someone else's life is in danger, meaning a participant of this march points their loaded weapon at someone else. That is clear ill intent which means intelligence failed to get a proper background on the organizer of this event. Since this is a march on Washington DC, it is a potential threat to national security so you can bet US intelligence agencies are following this with a close eye. Depending on what they come up with will determine the government's reaction to this event. This is not anything out of left field like 9/11, the Oklahoma bombings, or any other terrorist attack (it is posted on facebook for God's sake) so I expect this event to be handled extremely well. However, if your scenario does play out for whatever reason, that will just prove the government's sheer incompetence in being able to protect their own people, which is a signal that it may be time for a significant change. Not an american revolution change, but still a change.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it is a plan, or that the organisers are terrorists. What I am saying is that you have thousands of potentially angry and rowdy people with loaded guns. These people are not soldiers: they are not drilled, there is no discipline or command structure. This is simply a group of people. There is literally nothing to stop one person acting alone and firing shot at the security that would inevitably turn up. Maybe it would be out of malice, maybe out of nervousness. Either way, out of the number of protesters that are going, you cannot guarantee peoples' behaviour at all. Incidentally, this point once again makes me wonder how much thought was actually put into the protest at all.
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 'I've been kidnapped!'-- cops find 3 women missing for y

^^ Well this goes back to the guns issue again. If these girls were packing do you think the result might have been different?
by Jeff
Wed May 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whoose Line Is It Anyway? Returns

^ No, but a new preview of the show just came out:

phpBB [video]

I'm freaking dying after hearing wayne's j-pop song. damn.
by Rakim
Tue May 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man tries to have sex with Hornets nest. Man dies.

The story's not real, but if it were to happen, I'm sure police would catch him in the act with a sting operation, before taking him to the nearest hospital for more sting operations.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

I'm oddly kind of disappointed about this.
I mean, I'm sure it'll turn out just fine and all. But Atlus finally makes a game involving various characters from a bunch of their games, and it can't just be a standalone Atlus thing... it has to be a crossover with Fire Emblem. A series which I know nothing about and don't honestly have much interest in...
I'd be all for a game simply grouping together various SMT characters (sort of like Tales of the World, Dissidia, or Ys vs. Sora No Kiseki). But pairing the project up with something like Fire Emblem just feels totally random...
Not as bad as pairing Mortal Kombat with DC superheroes, but still pretty random.
I mean, I can understand fans of both being excited. But to me, a fan of only one side of it, it just feels like "Why this ?"
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, and I'm not even saying I have a problem with it necessarily... I just don't understand the pairing at all (gothic cyberpunk post-apocalyptic JRPGs/anime-style medieval fantasy SRPGs... eh?), and kind of wish Atlus would just do something like this solely using the SMT property itself.
by OL
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steubenville rape case Hacker detained by FBI

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Worth a quick giggle.... :lol:

phpBB [video]
by Brothaman
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automotive Discussion

I want this Cadillac for my next pimpmobile.... :shock:

phpBB [video]
by Brothaman
Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Piece

:lol:

Luffy to Skeleton " Do you poop?!"

Skeleton "Yes I poop" that was so random.
by Bluecast
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dredd 2

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/9759/d ... equel.html

They are talking about seriously making one. I hope it happens. The movie was surprisingly great.
by Bluecast
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwegian Woman Raped In Dubai Sentenced To Prison

Bah, fucking idealistic westerners...
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macbook Pro RAM Upgrade

Apple products are designed for rich people.
if you want an upgrade, simply reach into your solid gold safe and buy yourself a new one that's "better".
by mrslig100
Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YAY! SOPA might be coming back

It was an analogy for the Nazis.

And I knew this was something that will have to be fought time after time against. All this is going to ultimately achieve is rioting on a massive scale. You can only do invisible things for so long before people finally realize what's going on. People are already fed up with the government in this country.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With A Snowy/Winter Atmosphere!

Syberia, definitely. I have played the second one, Syberia II. (And just noticed that there will be a third one in 2014 or 2015... a third one...)
by Giorgio
Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Affleck as Batman

Tell me, when you see Ben Affleck in a film, do you think "Hey, who's this character? He's alright"? Or do you think "It's Ben Affleck..."?
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast Worlds

I got my copy from supporting the Indiegogo fund. But you can buy it off Zoya's website right now : http://rupazero.com/
by Ri_oh
Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: United States Government Shuts Down.

It appears the shutdown has not had any noticeable impact on the efficiency or effectiveness on Congress at all.
by Sonikku
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Boom-Cartoon Network

No. Make another season of Sonic SatAM instead..
by Crimson Ryan
Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should the UK bring back capital punishment?

Capital punishment can also be used to benefit the victims and their families using a more modern approach. With cable and satelite TV in almost every home the infrastructure is now there for pay per view hangings, electrocutions and lethal injections. The victims families could also have more of a say in how those found guilty should be put to death. This would make for more entertaining executions and would boost viewing figures bringing in more much needed cash for the bereaved.
They could make a TV show about this. I've already thought about a perfect name for it already!

http://s17.postimg.org/yebiv4t4f/r_man_r1_se_title.jpg
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the halloween thread

Parties all across Stoke Newington? Really? Are they enjoyable? I don't envy your abundance of trick or treaters though. Well annoying. One year they came in droves and all I had to offer was rich tea biscuits. The look of disappointment each child had on their face when I would give them the biscuits killed a little part of my soul.
by mue 26
Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the halloween thread

You people sound like Ryudo.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Exploded

I resisted the temptation to post a huge reply to whatever Animedouches post was all about.

But we are officially linked to the main Shenmue site, from right off the bat with the main sites launch and announcement. That's a HUGE deal. And we have over 2 years to go before the games launch!

This is just the very beginning......

Fuck me! WE'RE FAMOUS!!! (Millions of people will read the weird stuff I wrote in 2003/2004!!) \:D/
by DaMulder
Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Exploded

Yama wrote: Okay, so I just checked the webalizer. On June 16th we had 16 million hits, within one day...

by Locke_cole
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ShenmueDojo.com as it was 14 years ago

Does anyone know all the different forums we've gone through? I remember the one before this but that's about it. I followed some of the links you guys put but none of them were the one I am thinking of.

In the very early days we were on forumplanet and then ikonboard, I think. Maybe Andy still has a backup of those on a dusty old hard drive somewhere.

I'd love to go back and read what we were posting on those bad boys. ha

Some stones are better left unturned.
by ShenmueWeb
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Morons

Instead of hitting your wife and/or children and/or brothers, you should all come together and hit someone who deserves it! Like a banker, or an investor or the CEO of anything!
by DaMulder
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Thanks for dropping in to remind us how much of a twat you are, jeff.
by south carmain
Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where are you from?

I'm from the greatest and most free country on this beautiful planet, country of the most successful missions in space, winner of every single World Series, Superbowl, back to back world war champs, and winner of nearly every gold medal in the olympics (Basketball) the god blessed United States of America. I live right in the center of freedom and independence, Washington DC.

God bless.
~el snip~
Every American I've met has told me DC is a shithole.

Nah, just ignore the poor people, like any aristocrat would.

Jays won in '92 and '93.
Nice try ;)

Canadia is America's hat. Our border is pretty much unprotected, they might as well be Americans. Them winning the world series is acceptable because we allowed it, obviously. The 4th of july is coming up, you better do your duty by at least eating one hot dog or hamburger.

http://img.pandawhale.com/144183-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-CqjA.gif
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

Fuck Hellraiser???
by Bastard Yusuke
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feminism

Here it is!

Surprised it's not here already but fuck it lets start talking about it innit.

So, what say you? Do you agree with what women say about the glass ceiling effect? Personally, in all employments I've been in it's never been an issue, that's not to say it doesn't happen but I've never seen it exist. I believe in feminism, but only on the scale of everyone being equal, and that's what feminists bleat on about all the time; "we only want everything to be level". Well... why don't we call it humanism... or equalism? It's because a number of feminists don't want that, they are keen to be above males, and it doesn't matter whether they're legitimately better, but because they've got a vagina in the 21st century that automatically makes them better than you. Try picking up something heavy. What? Can't do it? Make me a fucking sandwich.

mue26 is exempt from replying to this topic as he doesn't have prior experience with teh femz
by Shenmuedabest
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

If you're a feminist who's fighting for basic human rights for women in ass-backwards countries that don't have them, or you're fighting against a serious problem like domestic violence, then you have my respect.

If you keep talking about the debunked wage gap myth, put "trigger" before anything you write, and use the word "rape" describe things outside the legal definition (that guy looked at me funny--he totally raped me), then you probably have a gender studies degree, a keyboard, and too much time on your hands.

This is Malaya Joya. She ran a clinic and school for girls back when that could get you killed by the Taliban. She later went on to speak out against former warlords joining Parliament. She's had many death threats and attacks on her person.

http://i.imgur.com/ITVhH4R.jpg

This is Melody Hensley. She claims she got PTSD from cyber-bullying. She says her PTSD is on the same level as war veterans.

http://i.imgur.com/d3CXjwa.jpg

One of these women is a feminist. The other is a "social justice warrior" feminist. Can you guess which one is which?
by Calshot
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

Riku Rose wrote:Honestly if I was a virgin at 30 years old though I'd just pay for it and get it over with.[/color]

Just by suggesting he do that you should be arrested as an accessory in an attempted rape. Typical male savage.
by Rakim
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic