Search found more than 1311 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Yay. The Irishman is green again! I feel so much better now. Thanks for everyones support prior to this. Onwards and upwards gentlemen :D
by Peter
Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleeping Dogs

Grrrrr didnt come today. Fuck you Sainsburys!! And Jamie Oliver!
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What types of SIII Collectors Editions would you like?

I have merged the two topics that existed covering Shenmue III Collector Editions. Topic creators have been notified and the topic retitled. :nice!:
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally got my Shenmue tattoo

I couldnt decide on an image to get from the franchise, so i just settled for the actual Japanese script of Shenmue, which you see at the top of the Dojo. I took it, edited it to scale and also filled it black. I got it tattoed 2 days ago on my forearm. I absolutely love it, and to be honest its my favourite tattoo. It also goes well with all my others, so all in all i am happy, and in a way, proud of it too.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20120420_223201.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20120419_225505.jpg
by Peter
Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's peanut butter and Axm time.

Hey Alex, good to have you back on the forums buddy!! Missed future boy, definitely!!

So how have you been?? You arnt still trying to race Yama in that womans car you drive are you?? :P
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki Mega Soundboard and Insertcoin Shenmue clothi

Hey twist. Good to see you as always sir! ;-)
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Absolutely Wude. One of quite a few Dojo member i hope to meet in person over the next coming years! But ummm, with all those renders you do Wude, surely one of yourself couldnt be too hard to find now could it?? :-" :-" :D

Oh and AxMs photos are now onto the Members Gallery! (no Alex trust me, you dont look like Pat Smear from the Foo Fighters at all!! :lol:)
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

One week from now and i will be going nuts to these guys live. So hyping myself up ohhhh yeaaa! :rockit:
by Peter
Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indie Games

After doing a few Google searches, i was stoked to learn that Fire Maple Games are releasing a follow up to their games The Secrets Of Grizzly Manor, and The Lost City, called Mosaika! If you havet heard of them, or their games, you can check out my review of the two latest offerings from the Fire Maple team HERE ! The games are for iOS and Android systems, and work on all smartphones and tablets etc. They are simple point and click adventure puzzle games and i am glad the team have decided to stick to the winning formula they have used in their previous offerings! Here are the latest snaps!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/mk_screenshot1_800.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/mk_screenshot2_800.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/mk_screenshot3_800.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/mk_screenshot4_800.jpg

It says the release is due in "the fall", so i am hoping its going to be soon. REAL SOON!!! :D :D
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Clint was on last night, but he didnt post unfortunately.
by Peter
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey! SEF good to see you back!! How have you been doing?? :D
by Peter
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Sorry for the delay in that bot. Had to delete the posts etc whilst in work. The shop was packed for 6 straight hours, since of course, the Irish love a drink. Only remained in the off license to save up all extra money for Oz, but i have already saved up a lot more than i had even planned to bring with me, so i really wonder why the hell i am still working a very tiring and demanding second job :???:
by Peter
Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rep gone?

The rep i have never cared for. I just thanked for anything i read and liked. I never checked my score, and i didnt even know there was a leaderboard, how do you find where that is??

The payoff with junk, is that we are being a lot more leniant with what goes on outside of junk, in terms of topic subjects that can be made, and also if threads go a bit off topic, then so be it, That happens and i just see it as like a conversation you have in the pub. A thread title is more of a conversation starter for me, and what comes of it is always linked to it because thats what the basis of the discussion was. There will be no "pruning" or whatever as we have seen in the past. There are times when people talk about non sensical stuff, funny stuff, irrelevant stuff....... but the junk forum to me, has always been a place were people just talk shit . Complete and utter bo bo. Also not saying everything in there is crap, in fact if it were to be deleted, we would be going through it beforehand and moving topics that are good, out of it, like say the "Ask Brotherman" topic.

Those are just my thoughts, but whatever happens i dont mind, If it goes it goes, and if it stays, it stays. I have never really made a post in it, and probably wont visit it that often.
by Peter
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

I know its meant to be read "Shenmuekid - sx", but i read it as "shenmuekids - x", as in you like to kiss kids who like Shenmue. Not a good thing in this day and age :-"
by Peter
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I or II (v. 2012)

Himuro wrote:
Peter wrote: I mean the Kowloon building raid topic that was done when the game was released truely was fantastic.

Please find a link to this? :)

Here ya go. Its a great read for nostalga :D :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8638&hilit=kowloon+building+raid
by Peter
Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot move or speak after a 3+ hour set from the Foo Fighters. Fuck i need to sleep for a week!
by Peter
Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

I actually bid on a forklift a few weeks from a UK based seller on eBay. I went as far as £100, and got sniped at £102. I wasnt that disappointed because i thought a bid of £100 would have been enough to secure it, with the auction possibly ending at about £70-£80 maybe.

I am sure it will be added to the collection at some stage, but no rush.
by Peter
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Hi guys. We have talked a lot about it a lot in the past couple of weeks and have come to the decision that the deletion of the Junk forum is the right way to go in regards to moving forward with the boards. I know there are some at the Dojo who are reluctant to see changes take place, and i have to say its an understandable reaction. But we have been in a transitional period over the past month or so, and whilst this is one of the biggest decisions to come out from all of this, it also appears to be the right decision. It is also a decision supported by a majority of the community (and also others who are indifferent to the forums existence) and certainly wouldn't be considered without that support.

The Junk Forum has been around here for as long as i can remember. It was always used for general spam, and in its later years for NSFW posts. I would tend to be on the indifferent side of the Junk Forums existence, but i would have never really have taken part in anything going on in there. However, one thing that's noticeable is that over the past 6 months in particular, the activity in Junk has decreased greatly. I mean even now, there hasn't been a post in there in over 48 hours, and over the past month only 5-6 topics have seen less than a few posts apiece.
Another thing is that if you read through a lot of the threads in there, you will see that they are not spam at all, but discussions that may have stemmed from an idiotic statement or joke which are still sensibly based and without insult or threat. So in reality, there is no need for those threads to exist in that forum at all.
Also (which i think we have said before), the staff are all on the same page now, and will be more lenient in regards to moderating the boards via interpretation of the TOS. Spam will always be spam, but unless it just goes way out of hand, then there is no harm in threads going a bit off track, or members kidding around with other members. As long as people still treat other people with respect and without insult then we are not gonna have any issues.

So, what will happen now....

What will happen now is that topics from the latest pages of Junk (around 5 pages perhaps) will be looked at, and if considered to be in any way valuable, will be moved and/or merged with other forums/topics around the board. For example, the "Ask Brothaman" topic is fine with me, and will be moved to General Discussion. Its fun, and there is a difference between fun and spam. Another example is the "Things that made you laugh - junk edition" topic. I mean that can be merged with the identical topic that exists in General Discussion.
Now i know people will possibly say, "but that was created because of NSFW related material", which was the case, but i am sort of unclear on the topic of NSFW posts at the minute, and i will wait on Yama to give a bit more clarification on this. But as far as i would say, NSFW posts would be ok provided if they are simply marked "NSFW" above the related picture/video and also the picture/video is spoiler tagged. But like i said, we will wait and see on this.

Once this process is complete, the Junk Forum will then be deleted. Since members posts did not contribute towards their overall post count, the lost posts will not be subtracted from a users post count. In fact, it works the opposite way with various topics being moved out of Junk, and into forums where posts are added to your count, that users post count will actually increase ( a few members have made a lot of posts in the "Ask Brothaman" topic for example). Also, with the rep system being reset in the past few days, there will be minimal/no loss to any members rep score.

One last thing whilst this is going on, is if we could ask members not to make anymore posts/topics in the Junk Forum, and now begin to consider that forum closed. This will make it easier for the forums pages to be looked at, and the switch overs and merges to be smoothly done. Like i said at the beginning, i understand if some members feel this is not right or just. But we are trying to move forward, and we feel that this move is contributing to the boards overall, rather than taking anything away from it. Also, we really are grateful for your patience and support during this time. Its appreciated as always :nice!:
by Peter
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cam!! Fuck sake man where you been?? Hearin some wild rumors bud, are you alright???

Oh and many congratulations OL!! :D
by Peter
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am bored

Exactly, i forgot to say that. Apart from bots, or blatent alter accounts, i have never deleted a post without talking to the user first. Its just not the right way to go about it. Like i said, we are all on the same page now, but with all the shit thats went down over the past year, or two years for that matter, its understandable if there is an element of skepticism or untrustworthiness from a few people. Thats ok, and it means its just up to us to win that trust back with our actions.
by Peter
Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QWERTY's super-happy GIF depository thread

Umm guys, these should be in junk :roll:

Fuck it, who needs junk!!! :D

by Peter
Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome back Clint and James! :D
by Peter
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Neil Armstrong dead

Gods sake. First Lance is disgraced in the world of cycling, then Neil passes away. Hope nothing goes wrong to Stretch.
by Peter
Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Picture Association Game!!

Got this idea from some chatting in another thread, so dont know if it will work or not. But meh why not give it a try. Just a case of "say what you see" really. I will start off with an easy one:

by Peter
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think i am hitting the chippy. Got a mad craving for chips, beans and chicken nuggets for some strange reason. Oh and a pint of coke with a shitload of ice
by Peter
Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hurt a bit more than the others for some reason. But glad its done, and will be my last for a while id say. Of course its a serpent dragon, the same as the Chiyou.
by Peter
Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Everything/everyone has cooled down except for one person. The drama and rows that plagued these boards for so long had ceased, except for one person (who ironically said that they left because of all the drama. Coincidence?? I think not!). Either way, this place as a community will survive, and we will do our utmost to make sure that's so. The community is bigger than 1 Shenmue fan, or 1 person. So if this person has no place within the community, then we will ensure that they are not welcome here to take part.

One last thing, well done to Henry for handling this tonight. The word "Thanks" doesn't get used often enough on these boards, except outside of a button. But he handled tonight extremely well, with the skills he was selected to be a moderator. Hats off dude =D>
by Peter
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

It should still be going ahead. The only problem is that the couple of last pages still have to be filtered and either selected for deletion, or moved to General Discussion. I have been off the internet the past week (apart from phone visits) but will hopefully have this sorted for the weekend. But seriously be my guest, have a look in junk. It either has topics that can be moved to GD, Gaming or deleted since its all about cock, or orgy shit. This will be happening though, There is no need for it :)
by Peter
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

As this community grows older (approaching the 15 year mark now) the historical aspect of the forums will always be at the forefront of our minds, whenever changes are proposed and acted upon. Of course its important to preserve what's documented here, and its absolutely essential that its looked after and never deleted. I cannot speak for past administrations (or even this one) but since i helped out with the scrutinisation of the junk forum before its deleted, you can take it from me that all topics that exist in there have been looked at. A protocol was in place, that all topics over 4 pages would be moved to the relevant forums by default. Also, the past 5 pages of topics were looked at post by post to ensure all merging, moving, and deletion would take place correctly, and that nothing of any sort of value was lost. In fact, no offence, but a lot of the topics in there really shouldnt have been. The majority were moved to General Discussion and General Gaming. It just shows how badily this place had become, where people felt the need to post valid topics in there instead of posting them in the correct forums.

In terms of the history itself, well, i dont know about anyone else here but if i think of "history of the dojo" i think of drama, run-ins, members leaving and general arguments that all accumilate to shape these boards to the way they are today. Ironically these all involve you Bluecast when you were a staff member. I also think of Hellraisers tenure as site owner. The Junk forum was deleted around 2007 (why i cant remember, nor know why), but since then, all the arguments that have taken place have majorally all stemmed from issues with the staff/admin section. Members left because of this. These are points in the Dojos history that should be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Topics regarding these instances, have been preserved and in come cases locked to ensure total preservation.

The point i am trying to make is that the Dojo, and its history should not be composed of instances like this. This is what we mean in saying what we are trying to work towards. Dojo history from this point onwards should be things that should be remembered like, for example, a Shenmue Announcement, or outside of those forums, OL getting engaged. Thats real Dojo history. Not someone getting banned because they didnt like the soundtrack to YS or because they disagreed with a member being made admin when he had posted pictures of his ass crack.

The junk forum will be gone soon, and i see it as a let go of the tormented past that we have had here. its a new beginning. A bright, fresh start. It should have been like this 2 years ago with the revamp, but teething troubles aside, the cracks have been filled, and the foundations restored. We should try and forget the troubled past, and start concentrating on getting along and making some positive history for this place to stand upon.
by Peter
Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

:lol: this is amazing. So glad Dans back. Fucking nonce!!! Havent heard that word in ages. Nonce haahaahaahaahaa! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
by Peter
Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sub-headings under names/above avatars

You do. type.something into the custom title under the profile tab in your control panel.
by Peter
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

Wasnt even a point. We lost it on goal difference ;-)
by Peter
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

MiTT3NZ wrote:I'm callin it. Give it just two years and he's admin again.

If that were to happen, it would be the end of the Shenmue Community in my eyes.
by Peter
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Done!!! :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Hmmmm. Whack away then i suppose. Just use common sense though.

Oh and fuck you too! :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

You like to take something blow it out of proportion then make people believe it.

Easily the most ironic/lol post in a looong time.

Thanks for saying what I already said,yeah Coby was a test account that I later just fucked around with. But this BS about my site are fake accounts is BS.

Yep, 14 different posts from 4 different IP addresses at one time, including posts made in reply to your own "Goodbye" topic. :no:
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the essence of it, its just attention seeking. Thats all.

Ignore the attention seekers and they move on.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The attention topic is over.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

I see this topic was two pages long and who made only to find it filled with people talking about rules. I'm very disappointed.

Oh hush. We went outside, battered eachother around a bit, worked out who had the biggest knob and now we are pissed at the bar laughing about it all. On that note:

RIKU

http://myersmedia.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Loadsa-Money-Enfield.jpg
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, sky is the same, though i am talking about older Sky digital boxes. Coaxial is used to connect these to the wall socket for the dish. But i am not sure about all the new HD boxes etc. I havent had experience with one of them but for a regular digital set top box, your good to go :nice!:
by Peter
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Hate shouldnt exist at all. I dont hate a single thing in my life. Nothing at all. Hate, for me, is an element of someones personality who has a deep and emotional imbalance within themselves. I aint a Hari Krishna, banging tambourines going on about love, but hate?? Christ lifes too short man. Move on to something else if you feel hated for something.
by Peter
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic