Return

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

happy birthday dbzruler :)
by wude
Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: finally going to propose

Take her out for the meal and do nothing. Then when your back home and it's the last thing on her mind just say. "Oh I forgot to give this to you." BANG!

Then again you could propose at the circus that would be memorable.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plan sounds fine. Hope it goes off well. Good luck with everything.
by Axm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just looking for some tips, maybe some ideas to polish the plan up a little.

Plans are shit.
I don't mean yours in particular. I just mean in general.
When it comes to this kind of thing, I found that the right moment is far more important. You can plan the right place, the right speech, the right situation... but in the end, none of it is actually "right" because it's all being "scripted," so to speak.

The right moment , however, is something you don't know is coming until it actually hits. But ultimately, it's worth a helluva lot more than any plan.
My advice would just be to spend time with her, do things you both enjoy, and relax. Just let the moment come when you aren't thinking of anything else in the world but the two of you. You get a big goofy smile on your face because it all simply feels right.
And then you know the moment's hit.

Of course, I could just be spouting nonsense.
I've only done it once after all.
by OL
Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since he's in abit of a time constraint with this whole surprise thing, I don't think he has the luxury to wait for the right moment on a sandy beach or swing set months later. "Scripting" it like he is, is probably the most practical way to get it done. I remember when I proposed I had a whole timeline I was working with before I was to move out of Japan. It completely changed the timing and route we took in our lives because I did it when I did. He might have some timeline here too and we don't know what his plans are. I did basically the same thing he's doing and it turned out super memorable because it's simply always a memorable moment no matter what.
So I say just try get it done, get the words out and focus on the future because ultimately thats what she's going to expect from you for now on.
by Axm
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue disc 1

so i bought a new dreamcast today, and i already had a copy of shenmue (with disc 2 missing, long story on that), so i was going to start playing shenmue until i get to disc 2, i bought another copy of disc 2 online so by the time i get to it i should have the 2nd disc.

but...

disc 1 won't load now. and i can't find anywhere online where you can buy a replacement disc 1. i went to the local video rental place and they cleaned up the disc and everything for me, still nothing. i put it in, then after it says sega, it routes me back to the dreamcast menu.

so i guess i have a couple questions, is there a way to fix this problem? and if not, does anybody have a copy of disc 1 that they would be willing to part with? thanks.
It's your Dreamcast. One of the more common issues with DC is the lense starts to fail only reads some games but not others then stops readings games period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNqDkwDdmA
by Bluecast
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor,

I think that is a surprisingly excellent show. Maggie Q is pretty good in it, though the last thing I watched with her in it was Nikita (which I also enjoyed lot), so keep expecting her to be better at fighting than she is in Designated Survivor , though to be fair she has kicked some ass and done some lockpicking already, and has been a sort of shadowy force operating a secret mission in plain sight, so not a million miles away from Nikita either...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

To me "god" is either an idiot test or a mental health test and we should challenge the lie wherever possible.
The one silver lining to the whole charade is that it gives believers the chance to identify themselves. When I meet a believer, my response is somewhere between contempt and pity - depending on the individual. But by that point I'm usually backing away slowly.

The contradictions, inconsistencies and evils of the bible are well documented, so I'll just say a bit about my own experience with religious people:

I was raised by christian parents. I hated church with a passion. Some of my earliest memories are of the weirdness that went on in the church, where absolutely everything seemed to be "Washed in the blood of the lamb".

I remember grown men regularly going up to the pulpit, crying their eyes out and saying how "the devil" was making them beat their wife (amongst other crimes), then being applauded as they stepped down.
They used to tempt us kids with "film night" where they showed truly horrific and bloody American christian-made horror movies to scare us into giving ourselves to "jesus". I had recurring nightmares about one film where they chopped off the non-believers heads in a guillotine.

Everybody in the church used to speak in tongues and shake about, which as a young child really made my skin crawl. I would prickle and sweat all over as they lurched about talking nonsense. It gave me the fear and really freaked me out.
For those who don't know, speaking in tongues is when god is supposed to be speaking through you, and you make gibberish sounds. I still remember some of these non-words like it was yesterday: "kohobara shunderie undie".
I've never felt so afraid or alone.

When my dad spent over a year in hospital, not one single member of the church visited him. Despite him being a member for decades, supporting them financially, and canvassing for them in rain, hail, sleet and snow.
When he came out for my sisters wedding, I asked the pastor why nobody had visited him.
He replied "We're just people of the earth".

So for me, it's either stupidity or madness. The burden of proof is on the believers. And there is not one single shred of proof. Epicurus said it best:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then where does evil come from?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

But I'm also with Dylan Moran:

"Don't ask me to see the fairy.
Don't ask me to let it into my heart.
I wouldn't let it into my f*cking garden.
I'd shoot it on sight".
by RootyKazooty
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic