Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS OFFICIALLY A REAL THING!!!

Are you all ready to pick up where we left off?
by SlySpy
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep Friends

Your carrots.......keep....carrots....th-those you eat.....close to you.
by SlySpy
Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

I just want to remind anyone who has forgotten, or inform anyone who doesn't already know, Yu Suzuki is the same developer who, during the development of Virtua Fighter 2, would downgrade the graphics whenever his superiors walked into the room, so that they didn't think he was close to finishing the development of the game.

What I'm saying is, the team may have more cards under the table than we know. Just be patient.
by SlySpy
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Why do so many people have so many answers? Like how does Rikitatsu know this and that secret thing and how does Sandfish know those are placeholders? Is everyone on this forum an insider now?

I know all, Himuro.

WELCOME, LOST ONE. YOU SEEM TROUBLED. SHALL I READ YOUR FORTUNE THEN? IT'S THREE HUNDRED YEN PER READING.
by SlySpy
Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1.. a mostly optional affair?

Bad idea in my opinion. You already have the digest and Shenmue: The Movie if they really wanted to truncate the story of the first game. Moreover, kickstarter stretch goals associated with a brief catch-up on the first two games have already been hit, so that is yet another way people can just brush up quickly.

If you're going to package these games together for actual playing, then you should do it right. Why even bother buying a collection with the first two games if you're just going to have a way to skip through the first game? That makes no sense at all.
by SlySpy
Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3 pipol

Okay let's get these facts straight:

-Makes posts about how Yu Suzuki is sitting around drinking wine all the time

-Types like he's drunk

-Seems like english is his second language

-Constantly posting on the kickstarter

-Insists with certainty that Yu Suzuki is wasting the money on wine

I've figured it out, guys. Karimov wanted to play Shenmue 3 so badly that he used intensive psychotherapy to trick himself into thinking that he was Yu Suzuki, so that he could try to create Shenmue 3 himself. Instead, somewhere along the way, the psychotherapy treatments when wrong, and now all he does is drink California wine and post nonsensical, poorly constructed drivel on forums and kickstarter comments.
by SlySpy
Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sand4fish wrote:
south carmain wrote: They still haven't gotten ridden of that fugly papyrus logo?

Update #65

"I want the phoenix mirror! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!"
by SlySpy
Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don Niu's Knowledge of Ryo in Kowloon

Yang used to be Zhu's informant, remember? But Dou Niu forced Yang to work for him. It stands to reason that if Yang is informing Dou Niu about someone asking about Zhu, then Dou Niu would then learn that Ryo is looking for Zhu. Not really complicated at all.

If you don't remember this, Yang called Dou Niu on the phone right after Ryo and Ren left the shop.
by SlySpy
Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Himuro wrote: If the one he has is a fake why did he start having dreams of Shenhua and why would it possibly have the map on it? Sometimes I think people have too much time on their hands and come up with the craziest shit.

They're joking. Don't take it so seriously.
by SlySpy
Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Realizing you're a bad person. What next?

If you truly believe yourself to be a bad person, and you don't want to be a bad person, then take steps to make sure you become a better person. Not a better someone else, but a better you. You can't be a saint overnight; every deliberation in terms of altering aspects of your actions or personality will take discipline and time.

Do everything to make amends for the things you regret, and even if you are not completely forgiven, the important part is trying to make things right on your end. Sometimes, situations resolve themselves later on, and even if you don't, you should take comfort in the fact that you made a genuine try at making good with whoever you felt you've hurt.

I know you probably formulated your own plans, and you're probably not looking for advice with this topic, but I want to at least give you some form of assurance that your biggest obstacle to bettering yourself is you. If you want to get better, you will find a way, so long as you're serious about it.

I don't know you or your life on a personal level, but I do sincerely hope things work out for you, or anybody you know in the future. If this is comforting for you at all, the fact that you're even thinking about bettering yourself as a person, means you've already become better than you were before you came to your realization.
by SlySpy
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

phpBB [video]

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I thought this was really obscure in terms of viewcount for how good the mocap was, so I'm posting it anyway.
by SlySpy
Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 Side Story Comics Resized

In the past, I've heard complaints of the comics being somewhat difficult to read on the website, because of how small the images are. After being told how to resize images while reducing some distortion, I did this with every comic page, and another member of the community compiled them in imgur albums, for more convenient reading.

Shenmue Side Story: Volume 1 - Gui Zhang & Joy
http://imgur.com/a/IHh98

Shenmue Side Story: Volume 2 - Ren & Wong
http://imgur.com/a/JwUEa

Shenmue Side Story: Volume 3 - Xiu Ying & Zi Ming
http://imgur.com/a/p8oaR

Shenmue Side Story: Volume 4 - Ryo & Chai
http://imgur.com/a/78JMY

Lastly, I compiled the images into a cbz format (comic book archive), so if you want to read it in that manner, you can.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apx2mdHgBR7dgSUl4Fw7YtJ3Efvt

You need a program like ACBFViewer to open cbz files. I hope any of the following links helped make it easier for anyone to read the official comics. Some visual fidelity was sacrificed of course, but it is relatively clear for the size of the upscale.

Credit to Jouta and Louie for helping to put these together.
by SlySpy
Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

The definition of an AAA game is not something that should be a matter of opinion. Quality is a matter of opinion, but the factual requirement of an AAA game is that it was created with a high budget, with an expected high return on investment. It doesn't matter what you think of its quality, it's about the budget and that is it. You can have a bigger budget than an indie title and still not be an AAA game. Those are called middle-market titles (a dying breed these days).

And yes, Shenmue was AAA at the time of its release.
by SlySpy
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forklift Loop Glitch Explained

I've wanted to make this topic for a while, because every now and then, I've noticed some people have come across this particular issue, and did not know what the problem was, or how to fix this glitch. I hope that this topic helps anyone who gets stuck doing the same forklift route every day, so that any players with this issue can correct their route and continue the game as intended. On the flip side, this can also explain how the glitch works for people who would like to utilize it, for whatever reason.

When you get to the part of the game where Ryo gets the forklift job, there is one day of job training, and five official days of actual forklift work. On the second official day, you are tasked with taking the crates that are near the Harbor Lounge over to Warehouse #3. What is supposed to happen is that you get a cutscene sometime after lunch, while working. The problem is, this is the one day where you can completely bypass where the cutscene trigger was placed, causing you to have to repeat the same route the next day. This is the reason for why some players are stuck doing the same thing every day, with no progress in regards to the story mode. Below is a map explaining how the route is supposed to work;

https://gyazo.com/8dbbc7bc050c9fad063b618c7890af54.png

As you can see here, the trigger for the cutscene is between warehouses #4 and #5. If you go around the corner near warehouse #1, you miss the cutscene, and therefore have to do the same route the next day. This is where the forklift loop comes from. On all the other days, the cutscene trigger is in a spot that can't really be bypassed, because it's usually placed at a chokepoint where the player can't skip it. On this day, they placed the cutscene trigger at an avoidable location, presumably as a design oversight. As a result some players, few as they may be, are stuck on this day without knowing exactly why.

Hopefully, this helps explain it for anyone who is stuck, or will be stuck at this part sometime in the future. If you did it right, you should trigger a cutscene where the sailors start harassing you again, which results in you having a fight in warehouse #3.

If on the other hand, you actually want to use this glitch for whatever reason (maybe to earn more money), then you know how to bypass the cutscene trigger, so that you can pause progress on the story.

I hope this topic helps either way.
by SlySpy
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic