Search found more than 1155 matches

Return

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

It looks like you sparkle in the sunlight.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less Forums

I use the "View new posts" feature. So I rarely forum hop.
by Kenny
Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Just got my hands on Final Draft.

Should've listened to my film teacher years ago and got it then. It's a DREAM to write on and makes life so much easier.
by Kenny
Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

The US one is just a shot for shot remake. So you're not missing much.
by Kenny
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

well that was true 5-10 years ago, but now it's so common that they don't really care at all, nearly every teenager/young men owns a game console, if she starts saying she doesn't want a guy who plays video games then she is putting herself in to a hell of a quest

Not just that, but ever since the Wii and Rockband came out there've been some games that appeal to alot more people and are used for parties and things like that. Remember a few years ago we'd get drunk and say "WANNA PLAY ROCKBAND?!" "YEEAH!".

Saying that is now like saying "I don't like listening to music" and "I don't like watching movies/tv".
by Kenny
Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtuKLGey39Y[/youtube]
by Kenny
Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

I think that would be the greatest plot twist of them all.
by Kenny
Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I finally found a way to keep the original ending for DEUX while at the same time give it a perfect feeling of closure. While at the same time setting the stage for the sequel.

Now it's time for the final polish....which i'll start first thing tomorrow since i'm too damn tired now.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oppy, come out from hiding already. :P
by Kenny
Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9VvH8fKhA[/youtube]
by Kenny
Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

Actually, I liked the John Blake character. But only because he was revealed as a homage to Robin. By himself, it wasn't that great of a character despite him being performed by JGL. It was also stupid how the figured out he was Batman because he had "the look" of someone hiding and it happened to be the same demeanor Blake had as well. Too far-fetched, despite the dialogue being well written and awesomely recited by JGL.

Everything else I agree with but I didn't even think it was that great of an actual film. Too many characters, too many situations, it over over-saturated and all over the place. Not to mention it had a number of other logically fallacies, like placing all the cops in the tunnel and giving Talia EVERYTHING after sleeping with her once.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Premium Rush.

Which is basically JGL riding on a bike. It's a good flick. But i'm disappointed cause it started out great then kind of dwindled down towards the end to just merely 'good'. I blame it on the main antagonist, he played the part like a cartoon sometimes. Plus the non-linear narrative worked against it towards the end, where in the beginning it did wonders.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's great in it. Ever since (500) Days of Summer, Inception, 50/50 and even his bit in TDKR, i'll watch anything he's in now.

He's not in it all that much after the second act, unfortunately. He should've been in it more.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

I'm at Season 2 Episode 4 of Breaking Bad.

You guys weren't kidding. It's getting better.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished season 2 and starting season 3.

It's getting addicting to watch now.
by Kenny
Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

There there, lil' tyke. Have some bubblegum.
by Kenny
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I finally finished DEUX. For now.

It's got a more solid ending. At least when I came up with it and was writing it, it seemed solid. Now it's time to rewrite TECH, which is a fucking mammoth of a story compared to DEUX.
http://i.imgur.com/ToU79.png

Oh god, this is so true. The most studios will do, at times, is buy the script but never make it into a movie due to various factors. Unless its definitely proven to make a ton of money or if the person who wants to make it is in a powerful enough position in Hollywood. The least it'll do it help me get rewrite/polish jobs.

But i'll be lobbying the hell out of getting this movie made. It's not one of those "throwaway" scripts some people do only to get experience. This was made to be filmed. End of.
by Kenny
Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Of course, its easy to come in and judge people from afar or after the dust clears. Without participting at all. You didn't have a chance to read the stuff that got deleted and the periods where he threatned self-harm (and supposedly did it) plus we were lenient for so long based on past reputation.

If we were as critical then and something rash would've happened, you would've changed your tune and said "well now, look what you harsh people did to the guy". So in hindsight, it would've been better to say something. But that's because of that, hindsight. Learning all we do now, it was inevitable. Plus for the most part we didn't care and let things slide before we just got tired of it.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

After 30 pages, there are lots of explosions and action scenes. And Megan Fox is called April o'Niel in this one. And she loves Apple products too.

And Casey Jones is a ripoff of Shia from Trasnformers.
by Kenny
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

TMNT started out as a joke, I think. It was a big parody of other things that came out at the time. Its creators always took it lightheartedly.

The thing that they really get wrong with this script is that they take this subject matter about the turtles, krang, the techodrome, bebop and rocksteady (yes these things are all in the script) way too seriously . It got really boring to read after awhile, there's no sense of fun and adventure that made the cartoon and the first two movies enjoyable to watch as a kid.

You can't take TMNT and make a LOTR type story out of it. They even put some half-assed plot about them being trained and all to fulfill from prophecy, or some dumb shit like that. They had some good ideas in there though, like the turtles being brought in to this alternate dimension from their original world where things are the same but different (like how the Star Trek reboot did it). They just need to take it alot less seriously.
by Kenny
Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The last three episodes of BB's season 4 are AMAZING. Very high stakes shit here.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Says Mr. Nitpicky.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qijpOmkrGAI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ruPAiJT7gA[/youtube]

Always loved the ending themes to Inuyasha. Hearing them now invokes so many warm memories from years past.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that honor goes to 4Chan.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH8Wke4RfQk[/youtube]
by Kenny
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

:s

I don't get all the hate for Cage. Yeah, he comes across as a bit pretentious at times, but makes games that are usually quite unique experiences whether you love them or hate them.

I think Beyond is going to be great.

It's because once upon a time he made a game called Indigo Prophecy. And it was the only game he made that people played.
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: People looked forward to Communism as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you.
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, about them videogames.

Pretty fun stuff last I heard about them.
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wasn't even in the debate. I just like videogames.
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As long as it doesn't have a Pulp Fiction-esque ending, I can dig it. :D
by Kenny
Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Watching some Chinese serial killer movie called Accident. It's pretty boring but I love how the main lead dresses.

http://i.imgur.com/2ahIb.jpg

So much so, it inspired me to write a treatment called "Assignment" which is about an internally giddy Contract Killer who is assigned to pick up a victim like you would a package and chop them up into pieces intended to be delivered to various places to "send a message". Turns out the person he needs to kill was an old childhood friend who almost lead him down a different path before they got separated by transferring to different schools.

Not sure if I want to write this new idea as a feature or as a short.
by Kenny
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

I don't like the political thing either. That's really unnecessary. The boss fight also reminds me of the awful final boss from DMC2.
by Kenny
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

I don't get how its malicious or revealed anything personal.

If you act like that in private and it gets exposed, you need to own up to it. Which I hope AG will.
by Kenny
Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

Ryu, all you're doing is baiting him. Its exactly the same as flaming and trolling.
by Kenny
Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're both sith. :lol:
by Kenny
Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's mostly propaganda spread by news networks so the private insurance executives (and some doctors) can keep driving their Lamborghinis and live in their high class neighborhoods. It's all about money, really. Also some people don't want to pay taxes for anything like college loans, health care, and anything that helps others. They want to keep that extra income for their next trip to Costa Rica or something.

That being said, there's a pro and a con for everything. I for one don't mind paying to help others. Sure, there are those who take advantage of the system but there are others that don't. But I don't think a system should be disbanded because of a few asshats.
by Kenny
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tea

Riku Rose wrote: Never even tried a sip along with coffee.

That's like an American who never ate at Mcdonalds.
by Kenny
Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Technical Issues

[appleuser]Ever since I got a Mac, I stopped having problems like that.[/appleuser]

EDIT: Damn the tags didn't work, hopefully they work this time:

by Kenny
Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebritys You Look Like

Because he has a disease. We at the Dojo don't stand for mocking those with illnesses. Good day Sir!
How the fuck was I supposed to know I don't stock celeb profiles :P

Really? Do you know anyone else who might stock them?

I'm looking for a Scarlett Johansson and Johnny Depp specifically. And since Sonikku mentioned it, a Kristen Stewart would be nice as well.
by Kenny
Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Newsroom is amazing. All ten episodes were fantastic, even the not-so-good episodes were still very good.

Right now watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations", the Paris episode. Aside from the stupid Absinthe skit, its very good.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

After looking at "No Reservations" and reading a random Cracked article, it got me thinking. What's the weirdest meal you ever had or like to have?

One I love is called Balut. Which is an aborted duck or chicken egg.

http://i.imgur.com/ApWya.jpg

The image can be disturbing to people but if you get past the way it looks, its the most delicious thing ever. Its like a really good egg soup. Once I get a rice heater and fridge, i'm getting me some.

One I would like to try is Svið or Pacha, basically a Sheep's Head.

http://i.imgur.com/nzIEh.jpg

There's an extra in the dvd for Hostel where the Icelandic actor was eating it, describing how you eat it and what the individual parts taste like. Been wanting it ever since.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

During a conversation with my colleague, we ended up inadvertently going from talking about a pretty cool idea to having a full fledged TV show with four seasons already thought up. Complete with specific conflicts, events, and psychological character developments.

The idea is basically LOST meets Battlestar Galactica. Where the stakes are always rising, the surprises keep happening, and clashes will always occur between the main characters. But everything is explained and tidied up by the time it gets to the very end.

I'm VERY excited with this brand new development and after i'm done with all my other scripts, i'm learning how to write television pilots and bibles so I can get to work on this sucker.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think BSG handled its story very well for the most part. If they made anything up, they did a great job integrating it without destroying the integrity of the show. LOST was just a big mess by the end but the first three seasons were great.

But with this idea it's taking the Space Opera from BGS, integrate it with the mystery and revelation of the first three seasons of LOST, and it has the structure of Breaking Bad where that with every season the stakes always get higher and never compromise the show's integrity (unlike LOST).

We're gonna write everything ahead of time but we also discussed the possibility (assuming it doesn't get canned first) of prolonging the show's conclusion with one or two filler seasons. We basically already came up with the conclusion, thankfully.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Chapter 2 Recruitment

If I write for this, can I make Ryo not have the personality of a tree stump?
by Kenny
Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic